http://gamingtrend.com
December 23, 2014, 01:35:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PS3] Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen out!  (Read 43562 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 11, 2012, 11:33:20 AM »

Ralph-My Vocations levels were the same as they were in the last game

CK-I didn't really care for the 'New World',i had a sniff about here and there and then progressed with the story,as for your spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
What level are you now?..you just need the 20 wakestones,you don't need to go to every dungeon

you could go for the UR Dragon(online or Offline)then you get 20 wakestones when you kill it,and the achievement..but its a bitch to kill that thing

Fournival also sells them,but you need to keep giving him time to restock,i suppose you could buy some off him,and then go sleep for a few days and repeat until you have 20

You can also buy a Dragoneye from him,that shows the locations of Wakestones,but each one only works once,and i did not try that out,so not sure how effective it is

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 11, 2012, 01:14:10 PM »

Getting Wakestones from the Everfall is easy enough. It seemed that I would wind up with at least three or four from every dungeon (both found in chests and from killing bosses).
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: July 11, 2012, 01:34:44 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on July 11, 2012, 01:14:10 PM

Getting Wakestones from the Everfall is easy enough. It seemed that I would wind up with at least three or four from every dungeon (both found in chests and from killing bosses).

There are PLENTY of wakestones down there. Every boss in that dungeon drops 2-3 wakestones and usually a couple of shards as well. Chests have a 50% chance or so to contain a wakestone. Even common monsters in that particular dungeon have a reasonable chance of dropping them. All it takes is about 5-6 boss fights, and you're done. Or one fight against the Ur-Dragon, if you can defeat it.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 11, 2012, 03:09:25 PM »

looks like i am going to miss out on the 350 armour achievement,it needs to be 350 different pieces even in NG+(so you can't buy one piece of armour in the first game and then the same piece of armour in the NG+)..and there is no way to know which pieces i have bought,i have 200 pieces now...or that is on my stats,as i resold all the pieces to make money to buy new pieces(some cost 1million+)

Unfortunately that Pawn thing didn't work,inspecting their armour

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 11, 2012, 05:35:38 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on July 11, 2012, 01:34:44 PM

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on July 11, 2012, 01:14:10 PM

There are PLENTY of wakestones down there. Every boss in that dungeon drops 2-3 wakestones and usually a couple of shards as well. Chests have a 50% chance or so to contain a wakestone. Even common monsters in that particular dungeon have a reasonable chance of dropping them. All it takes is about 5-6 boss fights, and you're done. Or one fight against the Ur-Dragon, if you can defeat it.

2 of the dungeons so far and 4 wakestones total.  no shards.  it seems like I'm bad rolls on my random loot drops.  since I'm 60 something I may give the Ur-Dragon a shot, f anything it sounds like it should be an interesting fight.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 11, 2012, 06:40:33 PM »

Good Luck icon_biggrin

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 11, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »

Which of you crazy kids are playing this on PS3?  Need to know who to add to my friends list so I can use your pawns.  smile

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 12, 2012, 02:59:01 AM »

Sorry Gratch I am on 360

Okay i am now on NG++

The Ending the second time round was interesting,whether it was because i caused it or not during my second playthru i am not sure

I got the Gay ending...no seriously
Spoiler for Hiden:
Remember that Emo kid,Selene the Witch?,well this time i hardly had any interaction with her during my second playthru,i saved her form the town mob,but that was it...so when it came to fighting the Dragon at the end,instead of Selene in trouble dancing with the Goblins....it was Reynard,because i didn't complete his quest that sees him disappearing from the world in this playthru

so the cutscene after killing the dragon was both of us running towards each other and having a face to face 'awkward' moment,and then the next cutscene was me and him lying down together at the campsite(he was on top)

After that,i went and into the Everfall to kill monsters to get the wakestones,after that i faced the Seneschal again,only this time he was not the guy from the prologue,he was a random Arisen(in other words,someones character that had completed the game),and i had to fight him instead....makes sense really,that Arisen had replaced the prologue guy in their game,and now i was replacing him in my game

Then i killed him only this time instead of just knocking his health down i had to hold him and get my pawn to deal the final strike which was different from the first playthru as well

this part i liked better,than my first playthru because it was Madeline who approached me and this time with Selene it had a better connection

Remember how your Pawn became you at the end?,you knew this because when you came to on the beach you shouted MASTER in your Pawns voice
Well after i woke up on the beach...Selene the Emo Witch ran to me and said,
"oh,your just like me aren't you?"
"Just as my Grandmother gave me life from being a pawn,The Arisan gave you life"

and then they walked off

so either bring on some decent DLC,or bring on Dragons Dogma 2:Dogma's Revenge

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 12, 2012, 03:04:29 AM »

<snicker>

Tongue

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: July 12, 2012, 06:52:56 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 11, 2012, 08:56:19 PM

Which of you crazy kids are playing this on PS3?  Need to know who to add to my friends list so I can use your pawns.  smile

I'm on PS3 (TiLT42).
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: July 12, 2012, 07:22:09 AM »

OK, whoever designed the metal golem fight and thought that it would be fun needs to be hunted down, strapped to a table, and then hit with a large sledgehammer 7 times on each arm, leg, their torso and finally their head.

[edit] well fuck me sideways:

Come equipped to the fight with some means of dealing long-range, non-magical damage in the Everfall chamber, because the pawns will never target the highest node in the room.

I have a magic archer, so all my ranged attacks are magic.   no choice in the matter.  I just wasted 45 minutes for nothing.  what kind of inbred, web toad, mouth breathing, snout nosed son of a herpes ridden hermaphrodite whore thought of this thing?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:46:38 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 12, 2012, 09:38:50 AM »

<snicker>

Tongue

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 12, 2012, 07:37:42 PM »

So I finally get to Grand Soren, and jump down into the Everfall.  Doing pretty well cutting my way through the undead, then I come up against an ogre.  Mean son of a bitch, but my crew battles fiercely.  The mage is slining spells, Strider is firing off arrows, and me and the other melee fighter are crawling all over the big brute, even managing to take him down to the ground a couple times.  I have to be careful of the drop-off to my right, so it's a lot of striking and weaving, striking and weaving.  This is the first time so far that I've experienced the absolutely epic battles that everyone keeps raving about.  I'm loving it.  We fight for about 10 minutes, and I get him down to a final sliver of health.  Probably another few hits and I'll have him beat when...

I back away from one of his wild swings towards a corner and the camera completely wonks out.  It's somewhere around my feet with the ogre in front of me, so I can't see a thing that's going on.  I try to move in a direction I think is open (again, all I can see is my boots), but I'm apparently stuck on something.  I hear the ogre growl, my controller vibrates (I assume he's hitting me), and I go from full health to dead in the space of 3 seconds.

So my first epic battle ends up with me getting killed...by the fucking camera.   icon_evil

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 12, 2012, 08:14:50 PM »

yeah the Camera is one bitch in this game,my last epic battle took twice as long because of it

and for what its worth,i am just about to do that part in the Everfall for the 3rd time(4th if you include my first abandoned game)

There is another part involving Ogres that took me 2 hrs or so(yet today it took 3 minutes)
Spoiler for Hiden:
The 3 Ogres in the Ancient Quarry)

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 12, 2012, 09:56:50 PM »

Another couple of questions:

1.  When looking at stats, there's a rating number then another in parenthesis.  I.E.  Strength is 265 (103).  What does that mean?

2.  I'm currently level 18.  Doing the Everfall bumped me up about 4 levels, so it was time to swap out pawns (Strider at 12 and Fighter at 13).  When I started looking for a new Strider, I noticed that the one I have has ridiculous stats for her level.  Her strength (at level 12) is 473 with primary and 561 with secondary, which is at least double any other Strider I looked at in the Level 18-20 range.  It looks like she got some crazy good equipment from somewhere, which is bumping her through the roof.  However, her HP is pretty low due to her level and she doesn't have as many skills as some of the others.  So is it better to hang onto one with really good stats & resistances, or am I better off grabbing a new one who is only half as strong but has a better skills set and more HP?

3.  I'm playing a pure melee character.  Is Fighter or Warrior better?  Not sure I quite understand the difference...

TIA, as always.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:58:26 PM by Gratch » Logged

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #695 on: July 12, 2012, 10:02:53 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 12, 2012, 09:56:50 PM

2.  I'm currently level 18.  Doing the Everfall bumped me up about 4 levels, so it was time to swap out pawns (Strider at 12 and Fighter at 13).  When I started looking for a new Strider, I noticed that the one I have has ridiculous stats for her level.  Her strength (at level 12) is 473 with primary and 561 with secondary, which is at least double any other Strider I looked at in the Level 18-20 range.  It looks like she got some crazy good equipment from somewhere, which is bumping her through the roof.  However, her HP is pretty low due to her level and she doesn't have as many skills as some of the others.  So is it better to hang onto one with really good stats & resistances, or am I better off grabbing a new one who is only half as strong but has a better skills set and more HP?

I think this is a matter of taste. For me, when selecting a pawn I looked for the following things, in this particular order:

1) Vocation
2) Skills (they are the quickest way to tell if the player knows what he's doing)
3) Personality (the wrong personality can turn even the best of pawns into a useless waste of space)
4) Equipment. I didn't go into great detail, but the equipment should be of a reasonable quality and should be enhanced.

Stats were never part of the equation, though they could be a quick and dirty way to confirm that the equipment was good enough.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 13, 2012, 12:24:05 AM »

Gratch i think the number in brackets is the base strength,what your strength would be without armour or augments.etc,that's what i thought throughout the game anyway

not sure about the third question(as i was neither),TiLT is pretty much spot on for question 2 though..although i am lazy i just pick Vocation and then check if that vocation is full,which i would guess is not an option for you yet

SO

I first started this game when i first got it and i got some 20+ hrs in,before i made mistake,which lead me to deleting my game save file of my 360 HDD and starting again,during this third run through i decided to go for the tedious Armour Achievement,which meant me going through all the armour i had in my storage and ticking them off in the guide,and then going to shops and checking each item to see if i had ticked it,if not i bought it

when i got 265 in Types of Armour Obtained,the Achievement unlocked,and as it should of unlocked for 350 items i can only think that it was my first game save...but,i deleted that,that shouldn't add to the tally should it?,its not done online anyway is it?

oh,well,anyhow...1000/1000 BABY!!  eek icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_cool

on another note i went into the Everfall(near the beginning of the game not post semi-ending),and i came across the Ogre,and i was still some distance from him and he had not noticed me,so as an Assassin i did 'Mighty Bend' for my Bow and hit him in the head...for the entire fight,he looked like Steve Martin,i realised afterwards that i should of taken a picture...this one will have to do icon_biggrin

my playtime says 97hrs

But i really am done with the game now,thoroughly enjoyed it...but now back to all the other games i left alone while playing this
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:25:40 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #697 on: July 13, 2012, 09:06:58 AM »

3.  I'm playing a pure melee character.  Is Fighter or Warrior better?  Not sure I quite understand the difference...

None of the vocations are upgrades from others. They all have a different focus. The fighter is a balanced melee combatant with sword and shield. The warrior sacrifices defense (ie. the shield) in order to use heavier two-handed weapons. Your choice depends on your playstyle.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 13, 2012, 12:10:19 PM »

I'm an idiot,that achievement is for 350 separate armour AND weapons,i thought it was just armour,which makes that achievement actually quite easy,as there are weapons everywhere..at least i didn't glitch it unlocked anyway

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 13, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 12, 2012, 02:59:01 AM

The Ending the second time round was interesting,whether it was because i caused it or not during my second playthru i am not sure

I got the Gay ending...no seriously
Spoiler for Hiden:
Then i killed him only this time instead of just knocking his health down i had to hold him and get my pawn to deal the final strike which was different from the first playthru as well

Remember how your Pawn became you at the end?,you knew this because when you came to on the beach you shouted MASTER in your Pawns voice
Well after i woke up on the beach...Selene the Emo Witch ran to me and said,
"oh,your just like me aren't you?"
"Just as my Grandmother gave me life from being a pawn,The Arisan gave you life"

and then they walked off

Interesting. All the things I kept in the spoiler above happened to me on my first play through.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 13, 2012, 04:10:07 PM »

okay, question on levels versus when to take on a quest:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I've been merrily taking on quests and exploring the world and I find myself at about level 36.  I finished the four quests giving by the guy who lets you into the Duke's Demesne and he's now offering to let me see the Duke (I believe that quest is called Come to Court)...but at the expense of any quests I didn't finish already.  Does this mean ALL quests (i.e. I lose even side quests)?  Am I too high a level now?  Not high enough?  Just right?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 13, 2012, 04:28:32 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 13, 2012, 04:10:07 PM

okay, question on levels versus when to take on a quest:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I've been merrily taking on quests and exploring the world and I find myself at about level 36.  I finished the four quests giving by the guy who lets you into the Duke's Demesne and he's now offering to let me see the Duke (I believe that quest is called Come to Court)...but at the expense of any quests I didn't finish already.  Does this mean ALL quests (i.e. I lose even side quests)?  Am I too high a level now?  Not high enough?  Just right?

the basic side quest like 'kill x amount of creatures' or 'find x amount of hoodads' never disappear, but any other quest could possibly go away.  since I finished that portion already I looked up some spoilers, and it says only quests given by Ser Maximilian (the guy you're referring to) will go away, so as long as you finished anything he has offered you should be find.

Because I can,
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 14, 2012, 04:15:20 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 11, 2012, 08:56:19 PM

Which of you crazy kids are playing this on PS3?  Need to know who to add to my friends list so I can use your pawns.  smile
I'm on PS3: xflagger

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 14, 2012, 10:46:30 PM »

and finished.  I swear, when I play new game + I'm going to grab wakestone shards whenever I see them, and that poor boy is just going to have to stay dead  icon_lol

87 hours put in, maxed out Strider, Ranger, Assassin and Magic Archer.  Winter maxed out Mage and Sorcerer.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #704 on: July 14, 2012, 11:50:21 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 14, 2012, 10:46:30 PM

and finished.  I swear, when I play new game + I'm going to grab wakestone shards whenever I see them, and that poor boy is just going to have to stay dead  icon_lol

From what I've heard, it should be possible to find a collection of items in The Everfall that, when carried around, result in monsters outside the area gaining the same drop rates for wakestones as the ones inside.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: July 15, 2012, 12:44:00 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on July 13, 2012, 09:06:58 AM

None of the vocations are upgrades from others. They all have a different focus. The fighter is a balanced melee combatant with sword and shield. The warrior sacrifices defense (ie. the shield) in order to use heavier two-handed weapons. Your choice depends on your playstyle.
Warrior is a fun vocation but the skills take a long time to power up.  When they do power up and hit they do a ton of damage.  I liked having fighter pawns while I focussed on damage.  Let the pawns do the taunting and tanking.  It starts to get easier selecting good pawns.  

Exactly as Tilt said, I would start with vocation, then scan quickly for the skills I wanted, and then summon 5 to review.  I would then check their personality for the role I needed.  You can tell when players know how to develop their pawns if their inclinations match their role.  Personality types are important.  Dumb pawns are usually only dumb because their master has less than ideal inclinations for their role.  For example, a sorcerer with Guardian-Pioneer or Guardian-Medicant may seem like they are mentally challenged.  Equipment is the last thing I would check.  It was actually kind of frustrating trying to find pawns that had inclinations that matched their roles, especially since you can't see their personalities until after you summon them.  Often I would go through all the steps above, and then discover that the dps sorcerer that had everything I needed was a guardian, or a pioneer.  
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 15, 2012, 01:11:53 AM »

fired up NG+, and figured since it wasn't going to be a challenge anyways might as well hire on Hark and The Grey to romp through the wilderness with me and Winter (who is sporting a lovely new blonde look).

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 15, 2012, 02:34:13 AM »

Quote from: Roguetad on July 15, 2012, 12:44:00 AM

Quote from: TiLT on July 13, 2012, 09:06:58 AM

Warrior is a fun vocation but the skills take a long time to power up.  When they do power up and hit they do a ton of damage.  I liked having fighter pawns while I focussed on damage.  Let the pawns do the taunting and tanking.  It starts to get easier selecting good pawns.  

Exactly as Tilt said, I would start with vocation, then scan quickly for the skills I wanted, and then summon 5 to review.  I would then check their personality for the role I needed.  You can tell when players know how to develop their pawns if their inclinations match their role.  Personality types are important.  Dumb pawns are usually only dumb because their master has less than ideal inclinations for their role.  For example, a sorcerer with Guardian-Pioneer or Guardian-Medicant may seem like they are mentally challenged.  Equipment is the last thing I would check.  It was actually kind of frustrating trying to find pawns that had inclinations that matched their roles, especially since you can't see their personalities until after you summon them.  Often I would go through all the steps above, and then discover that the dps sorcerer that had everything I needed was a guardian, or a pioneer.  

Thanks Rogue & Tilt.  So is there a way to check personality before summoning them?

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: July 15, 2012, 10:06:55 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 15, 2012, 02:34:13 AM

Thanks Rogue & Tilt.  So is there a way to check personality before summoning them?

Sadly no, at least not that I know of. Just pick a few pawns you think look good and summon them to the rift, then hold a job interview (ie. check their stats in person) with each and every one of them until you find the perfect one. Most of the time I ended up with pawns that were almost what I was looking for, but once in a rare while I'd find a pawn that was absolutely flawless in every way. Those were my cherished companions, and I kept hoping that the owner would keep leveling them up to keep pace with myself.

Get used to hiring pawns several levels above your own, btw. It's very tiring to have to go through the hiring process every time you return to town simply because you're now higher level than your pawns.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 15, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »

A couple cool things from this morning's DD session:

1.  Took down my first Griffon.  It was a long fight and saw me in the single digits for HP on two different occasions.  Damn thing tried to fly away with a sliver of health left, but my Ranger brought him down and I was able to smack him in the head to finish it off.  I literally jumped off the couch and gave a fist pump when the bastard went down.  Wish there would have been some actual loot though.  Seems a bit anticlimactic to bring down this huge baddie and not get anything from it.  A few minutes later, however, I encountered what I assume was my first Drake (a smallish dragon-looking monster with about 6 health bars).  That humbled me pretty quickly.  smile Seemed odd, as he was just hanging out in the middle of the forest with a group of goblins.

2.  I cleared out a mine last night for a quest, and today I had to trek back through it to get to the Shadow Fort.  I was expecting to have to clear out a bunch of random monsters again, but was pleasantly surprised when I found it full of miners and knights on patrol.  Was cool seeing how my efforts had an effect on the landscape.

3.  Took down 3 armored cyclopses (2 at the same time) as I cleared out the Shadow Fort.  Man, what an awesome rush that mission was.  

Around 17 hours in and am having a blast, but there are certainly a few things that are irritating the crap outta me:

1.  Fighting the same group of low-level rogues, wolves, or goblins in the same spot on the road every single time I pass by is simply getting irritating.  The XP is negligible, there's never any loot to be had, and it just burns precious daylight.

2.  So I clear the keep of any monsters and leave it staffed by an entire battalion of knights...but I still can't rest there?  WTF?!   icon_confused

3.  It's frustrating hearing my pawns say "this way to the XXX location", then they simply follow behind me.  Glad they know where it is...care to give me any hints?

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 15, 2012, 08:33:16 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 15, 2012, 06:56:42 PM

2.  So I clear the keep of any monsters and leave it staffed by an entire battalion of knights...but I still can't rest there?  WTF?!   icon_confused

If you follow the road south from the Shadow Keep side entrance, you'll find a rest camp a short distance away.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 16, 2012, 03:04:25 AM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on July 15, 2012, 08:33:16 PM

If you follow the road south from the Shadow Keep side entrance, you'll find a rest camp a short distance away.

Don't know how I missed that...thanks for the heads up.   thumbsup

Man, griffins are dicks.  Was doing an escort mission and had one swoop in on me.  Took out the girl I was escorting in one hit, fought until he had about 1/4 of his last health bar remaining, then flew away.  So not only did I fail the escort mission, I didn't get anything for killing him either.  Bastard.

Switched from a Fighter to Warrior tonight...not liking that change at all.  Warrior is powerful but is just so damn slow, feels like I'm swinging through molasses.  Might give the Mystic Knight a try instead.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #712 on: July 16, 2012, 08:57:22 AM »

There's a side entrance?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 16, 2012, 09:15:57 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on July 16, 2012, 08:57:22 AM

There's a side entrance?

I'm thinking he means the Ancient Quarry western entrance,and then if you follow the road south from that location you get to the camp,the road south from the Front entrance of The Shadow Fort you come across the healing spring(and a Drake and a shitload of Goblins)

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #714 on: July 16, 2012, 10:55:11 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 16, 2012, 09:15:57 AM

There's a side entrance?

I'm thinking he means the Ancient Quarry western entrance,and then if you follow the road south from that location you get to the camp,the road south from the Front entrance of The Shadow Fort you come across the healing spring(and a Drake and a shitload of Goblins)

That was the only thing that made sense, but I was starting to wonder if there was some kind of door inside the quarry that led directly to the Shadow Fort, allowing you to avoid the army of goblins outside.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 16, 2012, 12:22:33 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 16, 2012, 09:15:57 AM

There's a side entrance?

Yep. I sentences badly construct.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 18, 2012, 01:02:41 PM »

Random DD thoughts for this morning:

-  What level were you guys when you finished Act I?  I've finished nearly all of the main quests at level 33 (except the one where you have to deliver a wakestone to someone...can't figure out where to go on that one and there's no map marker), so the only thing left are the "Kill X number of monster Y" quests.  I'm debating whether I want to hunt around for a few of those and build up my recently-switched-to-Mystic Knight's vocation level, or just advance to the next act.  Is there a big difficulty jump between acts, or is it MOTS?

-  In the 22'ish hours I've played, I'd managed to rack up around 9,000 rift points.  After resting last night, I got a note that someone had been using my mage Aerith for a long time and sent me nearly 22,000 points along with a scroll of something or other.   eek  That was pretty damn cool.

-  I love the sense of progression in this game.  Armored cyclopses and griffins used to send me running (or at least preparing for a massive fight), but I took down a few of each last night with no problems.  Thinking I might load up on healing pots and go take on that drake again...   

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #717 on: July 18, 2012, 01:16:57 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 18, 2012, 01:02:41 PM

-  What level were you guys when you finished Act I?  I've finished nearly all of the main quests at level 33 (except the one where you have to deliver a wakestone to someone...can't figure out where to go on that one and there's no map marker), so the only thing left are the "Kill X number of monster Y" quests.  I'm debating whether I want to hunt around for a few of those and build up my recently-switched-to-Mystic Knight's vocation level, or just advance to the next act.  Is there a big difficulty jump between acts, or is it MOTS?

What is this "Act 1" that you're talking about? I don't recall the game ever dividing itself into such parts. There are only two places in the entire game where you need to carefully consider finishing your current quests: When you head off to actually kill the dragon, and the final confrontation itself. If the game ever tells you to finish your quests before those two situations, it only means you'll lose any quests you may not have done, but which were given to you by the person who's warning you. In other words, all your kill quests will remain.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 18, 2012, 01:18:45 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 18, 2012, 01:02:41 PM

(except the one where you have to deliver a wakestone to someone...can't figure out where to go on that one and there's no map marker),

IIRC that would be a guy in one of the buildings across from the Pawn Guild.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 18, 2012, 02:39:04 PM »

not really sure how you have done this Gratch

When i went to see the Duke,first time around,a lot of my quests failed(including giving the wakestone to the guy)...but it wasn't until way after seeing the Duke that Griffins appeared(when it was introduced afterwards in the main story),so how have you still got that Wakestone quest and you have been fighting Griffins?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: