http://gamingtrend.com
February 08, 2016, 06:26:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Helldivers: "Come on you apes! You wanna live forever?"  (Read 9636 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2015, 04:32:32 PM »

Pleasant surprise -- a guy playing the beta press build as well as Arrowhead's community rep, confirmed the PC version WILL include integrated voice chat! It can be disabled if you simply don't want it on, or maybe prefer a 3rd party solution (Teamspeak et al).

I'm hoping it will allow individual muting, but we'll see.

This is on top of the added-for-PC text chat, which apparently shows up overlaid on the left-middle part of the screen and fades after a few seconds.

Same fella also indicated that while he couldn't so far test playing the game with another player, it did provide private, "friends-only" (Presumably Steam Friends List) and public game host options.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 05:40:42 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
-Grim Dawn (to finally release Feb. 2016)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2015, 05:46:08 PM »

I worked up on Steam forums a....

Unofficial PC Helldivers FAQ
http://steamcommunity.com/app/394510/discussions/0/496880503074732962/
*Not sure it answers EVERY question, but it's almost everything I could think of or that people had been asking at Steam forums.

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2015, 05:30:39 AM »

Damn, Blackjack. You're a pretty hardcore fan of the game, eh? =)

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2015, 05:42:55 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on November 30, 2015, 05:30:39 AM

Damn, Blackjack. You're a pretty hardcore fan of the game, eh? =)
Actually I quit playing the Vita version back in mid summer, at L20. If the PC version hadn't been announced, I might never have played it again.  icon_smile I am playing the Vita version again a bit recently, to try to get reacquainted.

I'm trying really hard to answer questions and be helpful at the Steam forum. I want the PC version to do well.  icon_smile While I enjoyed it on Vita, the graphics (including really blocky shadows) were a pale imitation next to the mighty PS4 version, so I'm so keen to do play it in sharper form on my 23" widescreen.  Bring your own!

Just need to power through to Friday.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:47:01 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2015, 02:21:12 PM »

Arrowhead rep said PC version's pre-order access launch time Friday's determined by Steam  -- he guesses that "it probably will be in the morning Pacific Standard Time."

Some press beta build players were running into a crashing problem the other day, which Arrowhead devs have been asking for info on, and trying to troubleshoot (on Steam forums). Hopefully that's ironed out for release.

Been getting back into this on Vita (feels like I've been L21 there forever). Still a blast, but man I am looking forward to playing this on my 23" widescreen monitor. I think due to Vita's technical limitations I just really can't host PS4 players without them running into connection issues.

I am not positive yet if I'll use mouse/kb or XBox360 for Windows gamepad on PC. I do like to text chat, and I think it'd be a little klutzy switching back and forth from gamepad to keyboard but I have done that on occasion.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:25:22 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2015, 07:53:11 PM »

One player of PC beta press build shared some cool screenshots, including in 4K resolution, and some 1080p videos:

4K rez screenshots
http://www.pcmrace.com/2015/12/02/epic-shots-helldivers-beta-build/
*Happy to see the UI has a scaling slider.

1080p videos
http://www.pcmrace.com/2015/12/02/glorious-gameplay-helldivers-beta-build/

*While it's a Latin American gaming news site, looks like the PC beta press build was in English. Some players are playing foreign language versions of it. They did pretty extensive localizations of Helldivers in many different languages, some just with the text in game; others including audio.

Will be cool to have all this "elbow room" after playing it on Vita  icon_smile
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:00:43 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2015, 05:06:31 PM »

PC pre-order access finally started.

Alas, I gave up and off to lunch with my mom. I'm sure Super Earth will be fine without me. 🌞

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2015, 01:03:42 AM »

Finally out, runs like glass, looks and sounds awesome.  icon_cool

I won't tell PS4 Helldivers players they "need" this but if you were jealous of PS4 players and love co-op games, you should be playing this.  icon_biggrin Very modest system requirements and hard drive space requirements, but looks and sounds marvelous, has integrated voice chat and color coded text chat, and have been playing 2-4 player games all afternoon and evening.  icon_cool

I'd say kb/mouse took maybe a half hour to get truly at ease with and the it's just 2nd nature and for me much more precise than thumbsticks. I am also finally using some offensive stratagems and certain weapons that I didn't get graceful using on Vita.

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2015, 12:03:51 AM »

Some GT pals had recommended trying NVIDIA's built-in video capture, which creates MP4 files.

While I can upload those to YouTube easily, I can't edit them in Windows Movie Maker. I'm researching to see if I can find some tool that works with MP4 files.

For now I'm just uploading some "raw" gameplay vids from PC Helldivers.

Here's me and a new pal working through a City Defense mission against the Cyborgs:
https://youtu.be/s8u90PfcrR0
*Should automatically be in 1080p HD; if not, click the little gear icon on the YouTube window.

I'm focusing more on using offensive stratagems (air attacks and artillery type things), now that mouse gives me better targeting for those things than Vita's tiny thumbsticks, which make for some truly showstopping moments.  icon_cool

Here's a more eventful 4-player (4th joined late) vid vs. Illuminates:

Helldivers (PC) 3-4 player co-op Gameplay Against Illuminates
https://youtu.be/1z9bit3vc4w
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:41:03 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2015, 05:06:04 PM »

The game's PC reception has been tremendous by any measure, and they just posted all 14 (maybe 13, Ranger DLC is already in the Vanguard edition of the game) DLC packs on Steam for sale at $2.99 each.

This seems to me the Digital Deluxe edition a steal, but the smaller packs make sense if you just want a couple of the goodies.

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2015, 12:06:50 PM »

Well I am about to pick this up on Blackjack's say so, hit me up for some games if I am around.

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2015, 03:20:50 AM »

I received this as a gift from my brother, and I can't wait to jump in.

I'm in the Steam GamingTrend group list as USMC Kato if anyone here wants to add me.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
BrianE
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2015, 02:16:15 PM »

Thinking of jumping (diving?) into this as well, looks like fun. Should I grab the deluxe edition with all DLC or just the $20 version and add a few things?

How's the community? Am I gonna get yelled at by a 14 year old and have to take my controller and run home?

If all the world's a stage...then I want better lighting.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2015, 03:11:18 PM »

I got the deluxe but wonder if it is really worth it. NOt been yelled at yet but I do suck at it. It's harder than it looks at times. A few times people have joined my game and dug me out of a hole or 2.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2015, 03:18:23 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on December 09, 2015, 03:11:18 PM

I got the deluxe but wonder if it is really worth it. NOt been yelled at yet but I do suck at it. It's harder than it looks at times. A few times people have joined my game and dug me out of a hole or 2.
It's called "hard core" for a reason; however, I'd label it more "easy to learn/difficult to master."  icon_smile

We'll play this weekend I promise.  icon_smile

I've really lauded the ease of the drop-in, drop-out, co-op, the seamlessness of Steam integration (you can see friends' Helldivers games in-game, you can invite them into any Helldivers game you're in, you can join their game off your Steam friends list, etc., one-click -- many PC-only games on Steam haven't handled it as nicely imho).

Anyone jumping in on PC please feel free to add me on your steam friends list (BlackjackGT). It's not an ARPG, and if you have L30 and L1 players playing together everyone still gets enough XP to progress etc. Happy to play with new players, and I try not to be bossy, though of course I'll give new folks pointers if they ask me to.  icon_smile

One quick tip -- maxxing out the Ammo stratagem drop and Reinforcement pod drop will NEVER be wasted points. You want to be able to drop those two in as quickly as you can.  icon_smile

2nd quick tip -- going prone is your friend. Avoids turret fire, puts you out if you're ON fire, gets you out of the way of onrushing vehicles (friend or foe) and exosuits, keeps you safe when you're within a Hellbomb radius, etc. It's "spacebar" on keyboard by default.  icon_smile Also some cute accompanying voice snippets ("Take cover!" etc.)

Steam reviews ratio is at the moment:
Positive (1,197) Negative (49)

We need to use Truth Transmitters on the 49!  icon_cool

As far as the DLC Packs go, Arrowhead explained they designed all of that in conjunction with player feedback on different "toys" they wanted, different play styles they wanted to be able to choose. They weren't meant to be "pay to win," and in fact you can drop in any DLC weapons, equipment, vehicles, and "Vanguard-edition" players can use them.

If someone wanted to just get Vanguard, I'd be happy to drop in DLC items in a game so they could try them themselves and see if they enjoy them.  icon_smile imho the base game is awesome, and lot of us spent 20 hours plus this past weekend (prepurchase access) with no access to DLC items and had a blast. Most people need few of the DLC stuff (I constantly tout the Defender's "guard dog" drone and Supports' "angel" healing drone, but plenty of folks disdain use of those) if any, but I think it's good for folks to watch videos of them and judge if it would suit their play style.

I created this Steam forum thread linking to a YouTuber's cool video series on trying all DLC items:

"Is it worth It" DLC Pack impressions videos on YouTube
http://steamcommunity.com/app/394510/discussions/0/492378806383683052/
*If you're actually "on steam," then you'll see embedded videos at that link; if you follow it to the web version of Steam, just YouTube links.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:36:13 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2015, 03:38:59 PM »

Here's my 3rd full-mission-length Helldivers (PC) gameplay video.

Helldivers (PC) 4-player cooperative play, Desert Mission vs. Cyborgs (actually 3 players to start, then 4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oQx_2JkUsk
*This was with Jab, a Twitch broadcaster who had gotten to play the PC beta press build, I think a friend or relative of his, and eventually a pick-up teammate.

I think Engine No 9 and others had recommended I try NVIDIA's built-in "Shadow capture," and it really takes amazing videos albeit pretty huge files. I'm trying to see if I can find an editing tool that lets you work with MP4 files (Windows Movie Maker doesn't). I've tried "MP4 to .AVI" file converters but the resulting files have looked atrocious.  icon_razz
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:42:29 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
storz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2015, 05:21:04 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on December 09, 2015, 03:18:23 PM

Anyone jumping in on PC please feel free to add me on your steam friends list (BlackjackGT). It's not an ARPG, and if you have L30 and L1 players playing together everyone still gets enough XP to progress etc. Happy to play with new players, and I try not to be bossy, though of course I'll give new folks pointers if they ask me to.  icon_smile

Finally maxed out UAV, it is really good for upgrade purpose, as it shows where all the research points are at on the map (more research point gained during mission, means faster upgrade path for all the toys ninja).  I also found maxed angel drone is really really good along with my favorite laser assault gun (the "sickle" I believe it is called) .  I play mostly with mouse/keyboard, with mouse aim, it is so much precise than gamepad, Gamepad is really good at driving though, I tried to drive tank with keyboard, and immediately said nope, not for me.   I did find a bug with keyboard/mouse control, as sometimes keyboard will became unresponsive, and there is nothing you can do, per steam forum, seems like turning controller auto refresh off fixes it, I have played with refresh off for the past 2 days, no problem so far.

I'm only currently lvl 15, I will add you when I get home from work.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:21:40 AM by storz » Logged
BrianE
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2015, 05:44:55 AM »

Bought the deluxe and played a couple of hours tonight. What a blast! Mostly solo to get acquainted, then a few co-ops. Is it possible to have voice chat only in the headphones while game sounds stay in my speakers?

My Steam name is Deadline

Blackjack I sent you a friend req, hope to see you guys soon!

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2015, 07:37:36 AM »

Had a rough start going solo for the first few levels, and then had a few matches with Blackjack which were really fun. Ended up with a totally random group that turned out to be a bunch of cool guys working great together and went from level 4 to lvl 13. Great game

Semper Fidelis

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2015, 10:47:57 AM »

Quote from: BrianE on December 10, 2015, 05:44:55 AM

Bought the deluxe and played a couple of hours tonight. What a blast! Mostly solo to get acquainted, then a few co-ops. Is it possible to have voice chat only in the headphones while game sounds stay in my speakers?

My Steam name is Deadline

Blackjack I sent you a friend req, hope to see you guys soon!

HI BrianE was looking to send you a friend request not sure which Deadline you are?

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2015, 12:42:57 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on December 11, 2015, 07:37:36 AM

Had a rough start going solo for the first few levels, and then had a few matches with Blackjack which were really fun. Ended up with a totally random group that turned out to be a bunch of cool guys working great together and went from level 4 to lvl 13. Great game
Yeah don't play this solo. Solo it's mediocre, but co-op it's amazing.
BrianE
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2015, 07:54:39 PM »

I've modified my profile so it's easier to find by searching Deadline BrianE
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 03:28:49 AM by BrianE » Logged

Cortilian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2015, 06:43:12 PM »

I am also having a ball playing this on PC.  Friend up Cortilian smile
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 16, 2015, 04:44:57 PM »

OK I'll be trying to add some more of you good folks. Incoming would be from "BlackjackGT" on Steam, I believe. I wish Steam would let us type in a brief note when we send a friend invite. I've gotten one or two that weren't familiar to me and couldn't figure out if they were from here or folks at Steam forums.

I've put in 45 hours and honestly needed a break last couple days, to finish some Xmas cards and really just sleep like a normal person.  icon_smile I'm off from work next couple of days, and should have more time to play aside from setting some time aside Thursday evening for that Star Wars movie thing.  Bring your own!

I had a really oddly upsetting encounter with Team Killer in a pickup game the other night. I guess what most upset me was the idea someone would wait until a group had done ALL the objectives on a map and was working to the extraction point before doing this. It's not like being a TK gets you loot or gets you better XP, right? The guy lost out on a lot of XP doing this sort of garbage, and the completed mission would've contributed to the alien home world battle (I think) that night.

This guy was using one of the laser weapons with a laser sight. There was no ambiguity about what he started doing, there was no misconstruing  mad -- just killed the two other guys and started chasing me. Wounded me so I started shooting at him with my upgraded pistol and almost managed to get him down. Then I was out, and he wasn't reinforcing anybody.

He didn't say anything. Another player was hysterical, and I was saying the host should kick him. Maybe the TK was the host? I should've reported him but just left. Really left a sour taste in my mouth. I think then I played some games with someone here (possibly Kato or Deadline), had a nice time, and it helped me end the night on a more positive note.  icon_smile

When I play solo now, I try different things or weapons/equipment that I don't normally use, to see if I can find some good stratagem cross-matches. I think flamethrower/static conductors/stun mines for example has some possibilities but the slow reload time for the flamethrower makes it tricky.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 05:04:04 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 16, 2015, 07:35:05 PM »

Updated build on Steam:
12/16/2015 (BuildID: 901447)
- Progression Settings menu implemented: used to reset progression and only reachable through the main menu
- Steam timeout implemented, should fix the random disconnect issues

12/16/2015 (BuildID: 901175)
- Online play now requires the user to be able to connect to the Campaign Backend
Arrowhead added this progression reset option due to hackers finding a way to essentially screw around with another player's levels and unlocks. So they made an update to try to block the hacks (earlier, I think), but also to give players option to manually reset progress as far as necessary to undo the hacking's impact.

Or I guess if you reached the L50 rank cap and are bored, then now you can start over.  icon_smile

On the back end stuff, its FAQ provides this reminder:
- Check your firewall and ports
Your firewall may be blocking Helldivers from connecting to the Campaign Backend. Make sure that any firewall in use is allowing Helldivers to perform outbound connections on port 443.

You might also have to make sure that the firewall is not rejecting self-signed SSL certificates, as this is what the Campaign Backend uses.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:37:38 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2015, 02:18:02 PM »

Epic "Harder than Hell" difficulty bug mission (Kepler, Bug event stuff) with USMC Kato last night.

My loadout (including Missile Barrage and the homing railcannon strike for bug tanks) was not quite ideal as those damn bug tanks like to charge just as you drop air or artillery and despite the homing (supposed to target the biggest enemy near the tossed beacon), I missed a lot.  icon_smile

I was ready to give up on the last objective (item delivery) and hit evac but circumstances forced us back north, so we finished that one and then got back to evac. Which would've been fine but the bug tank charged my mingun turret and took it out...

Then the bug tank squashed Kato, while I got poison-slowed by a stealth bug...

And right here I thought I'd get run over, we'd lose the whole thing, including 8 samples.... but we got out of it.  icon_biggrin I spent the entire mission thinking "RUN, FORREST, RUN!!!!"  icon_razz
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 02:19:37 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2015, 08:31:51 PM »

Thanks for letting me join and play last night BlackJack. That last drop was intense as all hell, and since I am still a noob at this game I died so many times.  The game is hard, but not frustratingly so and playing coop just elevates this game.

Semper Fidelis

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2015, 04:32:41 PM »

RonB and I got to play a little bit yesterday  icon_smile Few pics... (in some screenies, it is not the "Gaming Trend" Affliction, we learned  icon_smile)

We meet...

Exosuit 101...

Ron in my Obsidian (dual medium cannons) exosuit. He seemed to take to them like a duck to water.   icon_cool

Tank's (HAV) away...

True words there.... this ended with us both flying off a nearby cliff screaming, as have all my attempts at using the motorcycle and its difficult to comprehend steering system.  icon_redface
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 04:34:31 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 14, 2016, 09:35:10 PM »

So for PC, Arrowhead finally blinked and made the aiming crosshair "always-on," with an option to disable that.

So if you weren't able to get comfortable with mouse/keys on PC, you may want to re-visit it now.  icon_smile

A couple nebulous posts at Arrowhead's Twitter account suggested we might want to "watch their news section" to see if anything new for Helldivers might be on the way. While I remain skeptical -- the Helldivers and ex-Gauntlet teams are working on a secret, unannounced game supposedly unrelated to its previous titles -- I would like to be wrong.

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 14, 2016, 10:45:49 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 14, 2016, 09:35:10 PM

So for PC, Arrowhead finally blinked and made the aiming crosshair "always-on," with an option to disable that.

So if you weren't able to get comfortable with mouse/keys on PC, you may want to re-visit it now.  icon_smile

A couple nebulous posts at Arrowhead's Twitter account suggested we might want to "watch their news section" to see if anything new for Helldivers might be on the way. While I remain skeptical -- the Helldivers and ex-Gauntlet teams are working on a secret, unannounced game supposedly unrelated to its previous titles -- I would like to be wrong.

Good news. I do prefer the gamepad for Helldivers even though the keyboard and mouse controls are excellent.

Semper Fidelis

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2016, 05:44:32 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on January 14, 2016, 10:45:49 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on January 14, 2016, 09:35:10 PM

Good news. I do prefer the gamepad for Helldivers even though the keyboard and mouse controls are excellent.
Yeah I tried the "always on" cross hair -- which is currently more of a weird little grey circle on screen, perhaps it'll get adjusted -- and found it more confusing than helpful.

While I still enjoy it and put a little time in last night to get to L23, I've put in like 89 hours on PC and on top of my Vita play time, maybe that's enough.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Scraper

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2016, 03:10:35 PM »

The rumor is that this will be one of the free PS+ games for February. If so I will definitely give it a go.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2016, 08:07:10 PM »

You wouldn't be wrong

http://gamingtrend.com/forums/console-gaming/psn-montly-free-games/

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2016, 12:51:59 AM »

SALE, on Steam -- PC Helldivers and all DLC packs (including the mega reinforcment DLC bundle and digital deluxe are on sale)

I'll post in the proper Deals forum here but thought I'd mention this. Base game is now $13.99 (from $19.99) and Digital Deluxe with all DLC is now $27.99 instead of $39.99.

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2016, 01:43:00 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on February 03, 2016, 12:51:59 AM

SALE, on Steam -- PC Helldivers and all DLC packs (including the mega reinforcment DLC bundle and digital deluxe are on sale)

I'll post in the proper Deals forum here but thought I'd mention this. Base game is now $13.99 (from $19.99) and Digital Deluxe with all DLC is now $27.99 instead of $39.99.

Price right now is a great deal IMO

Semper Fidelis

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2016, 06:30:55 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on February 03, 2016, 01:43:00 AM

Quote from: Blackjack on February 03, 2016, 12:51:59 AM

Price right now is a great deal IMO
Humble Bundle is offering the same discounted prices for the base game and Digital Deluxe, fwiw.

I'm not sure how to read all this on Sony's part. Arrowhead has reiterated over and over it has no say in sales, discounts, 4-packs or anything, on any platform. So I don't know if Sony's doing discounting to keep the game in the public eye, or as a "last hurrah" etc.

Arrowhead's blog indicated it's closer to announcing its Secret Game project that its Gauntlet and Helldivers dev teams together are working on. It's supposedly not related to anything it's previously done. While their bread and butter mostly seems $20 top down/isometric type titles (Helldivers, Gauntlet, first Magicka), I couldn't blame them if they wanted to move up into bigger budget titles.

I'm debating gifting this ($13.99 base game) to some Steam pals who've had it on wish list for months. I have found the Steam refund policy applies to gifts too, so I feel like the only real risk is I'll gift it to someone who won't bother to ever play it (and thus the refund policy would run out due to the passage of time  icon_razz) While I think most folks love the game, a few never quite grasp the controls, and I've had a couple pals who played it a bit and liked it but understandably game-graze and moved on quickly to other things.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:41:27 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2016, 01:55:01 PM »

Blackjack you're the BEST!!   Now I have to pay it forward!!!   

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2016, 04:41:08 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on February 04, 2016, 01:55:01 PM

Blackjack you're the BEST!!   Now I have to pay it forward!!! 

Yes! Let me know whenever you want to play Soul. Good play Blackjack

Semper Fidelis

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2016, 10:40:11 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on February 04, 2016, 01:55:01 PM

Blackjack you're the BEST!!   Now I have to pay it forward!!!  
Just try it, and have some patience learning the kb/mouse controls is all I ask.  icon_smile

It's on sale so I've been gifting it selectively - basically it's folks I think might actually play it with me at some point, which is definitely just an educated guess on my part  icon_smile - to a few friends list folks who'd had it on wish lists. In one case the guy doesn't even have a PC right now (!), but thanked me and said it's the first thing he'll boot up when he has a PC again. I'm not sure if his broke down or what.

I mean cripes, I could get about 10 copies of Helldivers for what I've thrown at The Division and XCOM 2 (deluxe). So doling out a couple more reasonable base-version Helldivers to friends seems like the right thing to do.  icon_smile I'm not nuts though and am only doling out the currently $13.99 version that I think only has the initial DLC pack included in it - Ranger? Actually maybe now it doesn't include that. If you don't see the "Camper" sniper rifle available at the weapons vendor on your ship, then I guess now the base game doesn't include it -- perhaps that was only during pre-orders late last year.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:47:36 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-XCOM2
-Helldivers (on Steam)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: