http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 04:34:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PC/Wii U/PS3] Assassin's Creed 3 - GT review page 3!  (Read 11832 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2013, 08:05:30 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 19, 2013, 08:02:18 PM

review of the first episode of The Tyranny of King Washington.  they say the series has an OK start:

Narratively, this first episode of The Tyranny of King Washington canít help but be unsatisfying Ė itís only one-third of a story, after all. The wolf powers, though, go some way towards redeeming it. Theyíre a fun twist on the gameplay thatís given just enough space to breathe without becoming tired. This bodes well for the following two episodes of this DLC, which will feature two more animal-spirit communions and give Ratonhnhakť:ton several more powers, but the storyís refusal (so far) to really engage with the alternate-history angle beyond its current limited scope is less encouraging. Thereís so much potential in this premise, and yet so far weíve not seen much at all that Assassinís Creed 3 didnít show us already.

800 points for the first part of 3 DLC storyline is what would put me off

Maybe i should treat it as Episodic DLC...but i am still not sure what i would do if i bought the first part and not like it and not even get an end to it..oh,well i don't need top think these thoughts,i don't have the game anymore  icon_biggrin

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2013, 07:28:51 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 17, 2012, 07:22:51 AM

Quote from: gellar on November 06, 2012, 01:01:05 AM

Quote from: TiLT on November 05, 2012, 08:41:37 PM

A long chase sequence through thin, crowded streets and back alleys. Here's where the game truly fails to recognize its own limitations. In order to run, you have to hold down the run button. The thing is, this button also doubles as the free running/climbing button. In practical terms, they might as well have given you the primary objective "Fail if you touch a wall during this extended chase", because that's what it is. You touch a wall, you fail. There's no coming back from that. Have fun replaying the entire chase, because there are no checkpoints. Then have the game taunt you with an optional objective that requires you not to shove/tackle anyone, and put an unavoidable crowd of people around the first bend. That's just rubbing salt in the wounds. Had to turn off the game after trying this chase five times and doing worse every time. Every single failure happened because I touched a wall, and let me tell you, the paths this chase tells you to run are full of twists and turns and are very narrow.

I remember this mission.  It was fucking awful.

I got to see this mission in action.  the thing that you have to keep in mind is that since the city is a maze of streets you don't necessarily need to follow exactly in someone's footsteps as the separating buildings are not always more than 40M from your target; granted it may not be in one try but after seeing the chase through once it can be quite shorter the second try if you pay attention.

the 'don't shove anyone' option is BS though.

just completed that mission on my own and somehow I managed to achieve the 'do not shove/tackle' goal.  I didn't think about it, it just happened.  I also followed the idea of not following the target directly and caught up with him fairly quickly.

anyways, been playing quite a bit of this on the PC.  I have been noticing a bit of 'pop-out' with pedestrians; I'll be running down the street and they'll suddenly pop out of existence in front of Connor.  Love the snow portions, with everything leaving a nice trail through the drifts.  kinda getting tired of climbing the same tree/steeple; I think they had a bit more variety with those in Ezio's stories.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2013, 08:10:52 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 27, 2013, 07:28:51 PM

just completed that mission on my own and somehow I managed to achieve the 'do not shove/tackle' goal.  I didn't think about it, it just happened.  I also followed the idea of not following the target directly and caught up with him fairly quickly.

Congrats! That mission has been patched and reduced in difficulty since the discussion you quoted however, so our experiences may no longer be relevant anyway.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2013, 10:22:15 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 27, 2013, 08:10:52 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on February 27, 2013, 07:28:51 PM

Congrats! That mission has been patched and reduced in difficulty since the discussion you quoted however, so our experiences may no longer be relevant anyway.

I figured it had more to do with the pop-out than anything else.  maybe that was their fix biggrin

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2013, 08:42:42 AM »

and done.  Ending thoughts:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I quite liked Haytham, wouldn't mind playing a whole game with him as the main character.

wow, that ending was a big downer.  it'll be interesting to see if Desmond's story is truly finished or if AC4 has him in it.

Pivot points?  wtf?

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: