http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 01:03:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/PS3] 007 Legends  (Read 1743 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2012, 07:37:35 PM »

6 Bond Movies, 1 game.

nstead of creating a straightforward adaptation of the upcoming Bond film Skyfall, developer Eurocom is making a game that pays tribute to James Bond's entire 50-year history. 007 Legends features an all-new storyline that takes players through six Bond movies.

It's not clear which six Bond films will appear in the game. The only one they mention is Skyfall. There were five actors who preceded Daniel Craig as Bond - Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan - so presumably the game features one film from each of their respective eras. However, I could see them skipping Lazenby (he was only in one movie) and then doubling up on one of the more popular Bonds.

this could be quite fun if they choose the right movies.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:13:55 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 09:02:15 PM »

Ohhh, interesting. I'm in, definitely if they make an interesting game. I imagine it's going to be quite expensive getting the license for all their likenesses.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 09:11:58 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on April 18, 2012, 09:02:15 PM

Ohhh, interesting. I'm in, definitely if they make an interesting game. I imagine it's going to be quite expensive getting the license for all their likenesses.

It's possible that they'll just put Daniel Craig's Bond in all of them, especially since they're tying everything into one story.  The new Goldeneye had Craig as Bond even though it was Pierce Brosnan in the film.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 04:44:34 AM »

So is the 007th movie going to be DLC?   ninja

Sandwiches do fix everything.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 07:19:58 AM »

I like this idea, but I'd love it if instead of involving the entire 50 year history it only involved the early Connery films. They could create a story that followed pieces of the plots for Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball and You Only Live Twice. I could also see On Her Majesty's Secret service fitting in, but it always seemed to be that when they brought in Moore they changed the way they handled the stories and not for the better. I though the series took a turn for the better again in the Brosnan era films, so maybe they could just skip much of the Moore and Dalton films and create another Legends game based on the later films.  icon_wink
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 08:28:06 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on April 19, 2012, 07:19:58 AM

I like this idea, but I'd love it if instead of involving the entire 50 year history it only involved the early Connery films. They could create a story that followed pieces of the plots for Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball and You Only Live Twice. I could also see On Her Majesty's Secret service fitting in, but it always seemed to be that when they brought in Moore they changed the way they handled the stories and not for the better. I though the series took a turn for the better again in the Brosnan era films, so maybe they could just skip much of the Moore and Dalton films and create another Legends game based on the later films.  icon_wink

the earlier films you mentioned pretty much all included Blofeld and Spectre(except Goldfinger i think),the only Roger Moore film that tackled Blofeld was For Your Eyes Only,when they killed him off because of them losing the copywrite over both SPECTRE and Blofeld (without using his name,but bald man in wheelchair with white cat was enough).,..and then this paved way for the remake of Thunderball,Never Say Never Again,which was not EON films(not official James Bond)

The Daniel Craig films have the Quantum organisation which i guess is a stab at SPECTRE

Anyway,i really loved the first 3 Roger Moore films(Live and Let Die,The Man With The Golden Gun,The Spy Who Loved Me),but the rest were very meh,and Roger Moore started to get that creepy glassy stare towards the end of his run icon_eek

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 08:47:57 AM »

here's a list of all the James Bond video games:

I'm guessing both Daniel Craig movies will be out since they were rolled into Quantum of Solace.  Likewise with Goldeneye since it's remake is very recent.

personally I've liked the ones with an original story, like Blood Stone and Nightfire, so I kinda wish they had gone that route.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 08:58:38 AM »

Everything or Nothing(EON)was my favourite Bond game,original story Brosnan was Bond(the last time he was Bond) and Willem Defoe was the bad guy,John Cleese was Q and Judi Dench was M,while Heidi Klum and Shannon Elizabeth were the Bond Girls...oh,and Richard Kiel(Jaws) was in it as well,now all that star power,would usually lead to a shit story,but i remember enjoying it a lot

Willem Defoe's character was taught by Max Zorin,the bad guy from A View To A Kill(Christopher Walken)

As for A View To A Kill,i had that game on the Spectrum +2,but i kept getting stuck in the elevator when the city Hall was on Fire..didn't know what to do(no game guides or Internet back then)

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 07:11:48 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on April 18, 2012, 09:11:58 PM

Quote from: Rumpy on April 18, 2012, 09:02:15 PM

It's possible that they'll just put Daniel Craig's Bond in all of them, especially since they're tying everything into one story.  The new Goldeneye had Craig as Bond even though it was Pierce Brosnan in the film.

Yeah, that thought did cross my mind, but the title and description does make it sound like they're going for the distinct versions of the character, as per their movies. Part of me feels that if they're going for a tribute of the movies, that they'd want to get the actor's likenesses for each of the Bonds they want to portray. Having Daniel Craig play all of them would kind of take away from what they're trying to accomplish, I think.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 07:54:36 PM »

Moonraker gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F6Gas3DYBM

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 08:17:50 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 21, 2012, 07:54:36 PM

that looked pretty damn good actually and if you remember the movie,it looked just like it...the only thing is,is it Roger Moore or Daniel Craig?

As much as i am liking Daniel Craig as Bond,I would like it to be Roger Moore in this level(as it was in the film)

I still hope they have the 6 Bonds for the 6 Bond games featured

Sean Connery--From Russia With Love has been 'done'(it wasn't tight on the original script,made shit up in other words) a few years back,so this one could be one of the remaining 6 Sean Connery Bond films(not including Never say Never again)...GoldFinger would probably get my bet

George Lazenby--hmm,tough one,maybe..On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Roger Moore-Moonraker,the clue was the video icon_wink

Timothy Dalton--two to choose from,The Living Daylights or License to Kill

Pierce Brosnan-GoldenEye has been done to death,Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is Not Enough have been done,so Die another Day?

Daniel Craig-SkyFall with their being no game of the same name,with this game being released at the same time as the film,and i think the paragraph quoted in CK's original post pretty much hints at it

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 04:38:47 AM »

Looks good, though it looks like they may be updating it a bit, as there weren't any smart phone when that movie came out. Looks to be getting the Goldeneye remake treatment where they changed the story in some places to accommodate newer technology. Worked for that as it was already a newer movie, but I fear changing the older stories too much might also change the dynamic.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 09:58:33 PM »

On Her Majesty's Secret Service WILL be one of the missions

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 19, 2012, 04:44:34 AM

So is the 007th movie going to be DLC?   ninja

Maybe,but the 6th will definitely be DLC

No specific details were provided for the On Her Majesty's Secret Service mission, but we do have new screenshots and concept art. The original story for the game ties together "five classic Bond movie-inspired missions plus a sixth mission based on this year’s highly-anticipated movie – Skyfall – which will be available post launch as free downloadable content," said an Activision press release.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 04:08:49 PM »

http://kotaku.com/5934902/license-to-kill-and-die-another-day-coming-to-007-legends

Missions continue to drip out for 007 Legends. Here are the latest two: License to Kill and Die Another Day. The last two missions will drip out at another point sometime in the future. Yeah.

007 Legends is bound for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC this October.

1:28min Trailer in the link

So that's Timothy Dalton(Licence To Kill-Kotaku have spelt 'Licence' wrong icon_wink) and Pierce Brosnan(Die Another Day-which is by far very shite,one of the worse Bond films) sorted and we already knew about Daniel Craig(SkyFall:DLC)Roger Moore(Moonraker) and George Lazenby(On Her Majesty's Secret Service)

so just Connery to go..no matter what the Video in the link says,because we already know Skyfall is to be the 6th mission as DLC(see above post quote)

It's certainly looking like this is for Bond fans only,as it really doesn't look like anything mega special,the graphics look quite dated same with them mechanics...but i'm a Bond fan so i am hoping it's still fun acting out the best scenes out of these so-so Bond movies(ie: not the best of the bunch)

C to the K you need to put P to the C in the title of the thread Tongue icon_biggrin

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 01:21:23 PM »

According to the Achievements the Connery Bond adventure is Goldfinger

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »

Goldfinger screens and Video

Video looks quite good,although i had sound problems when i put the trailer into HD what i did hear of the characters they sounded okay...Goldfinger himself may of been a bit off though

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 10:47:58 PM »

4.5 from IGN frown

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 11:00:47 PM »

I guess I'll save my money, then.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 11:22:15 PM »

Ron gave it a:

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 03:03:23 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 16, 2012, 11:22:15 PM

Ron gave it a:

LOL!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
davidrobots
Senior Lead Editor
Gaming Trend Reader

Holler holler get dollar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 03:08:31 AM »

Ron gave it a:

EXCELLENT!

Seriously, though. For a game called 007 Legends, they picked some really crappy Bond movies to make levels out of.

David Roberts
Managing Editor, Gaming Trend

Twitter: @davidrobots
Nintendo ID: davidrobots
Xbox Gamertag: FencerMusashi
PSN ID: Fencer Musashi
Steam: davidrobots
3DS: 2148-8144-9369
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 04:28:15 AM »

Aw, man. Now I have to go return the unopened copy I bought today.  Tongue
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 09:41:48 AM »

Ron gave it a:

Thankyou, I will rest easy now.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 08:20:51 PM »

Nuts. I was hoping this would be good, but I guess Bond games don't have a great track record.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 08:46:36 PM »

I enjoyed both Goldeneye Reloaded and Blood Stone, though the reviews weren't great for the latter.

However, this one just sounds icky.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, 06:02:56 AM »

Yeah, I enjoyed the Wii version of Goldeneye, even though the last part was almost impossible due to the nature of the wiimote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: