http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 06:51:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PC]Bioshock title update and free DLC this week  (Read 1189 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2007, 05:31:07 PM »

2K community manager Elizabeth Tobey has announced that a title update for the Xbox 360 version of BioShock will be available this week. In addition to this update, 2K will be releasing free downloadable content on both Xbox Live and for the PC, with the content bundled into the PC Patch.

Developed by 2K Boston and 2K Australia, BioShock is a "genetically enhanced" first-person shooter that lets players do things never before possible in the genre. Gamers enter the game as a castaway in Rapture, an underwater utopia torn apart by civil war. Caught between powerful forces and hunted down by genetically modified "splicers" and deadly security systems, players have to come to grips with a deadly, mysterious world filled with powerful technology and fascinating characters. No encounter ever plays out the same and no two gamers will play BioShock the same way.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15205/BioShock-Title-Update-and-New-Content-Coming/

whether it will be good enough content to snatch the game back of my sister to play through again i dont know...but free is the best price icon_lol

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 06:10:26 PM »

No encounter ever plays out the same and no two gamers will play BioShock the same way.

Do we need to set up a poll to see how many people used a CONTROLLER to play the game? That would be the "same way" to me. Tongue

God I hate marketing people.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 06:28:28 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 03, 2007, 06:10:26 PM

No encounter ever plays out the same and no two gamers will play BioShock the same way.

Do we need to set up a poll to see how many people used a CONTROLLER to play the game? That would be the "same way" to me. Tongue

PC - Keyboard here. 
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 06:37:35 PM »

well, at least we know it's more significant than gamer pics and themes.  that stuff just don't work for the pc crowd. 

"here, as a bonus with your patch, is a free wallpaper." 

it will probably be some wonky plasmid or something.  i'd wish for a new level, but that's not likely.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 07:15:32 PM »

again,like Blue Dragon,i feel this content has come a little bit too late...for me i think new content should come out about a month after the game....give people time to get used to it and complete it,but still have it in their minds....unless the game is a multiplayer game like COD4 or Lost planet then they can release new stuff for as long as they want

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 08:07:55 PM »

See, my biggest issue with Bioshock was that despite the apparent number of choices they gave you, many of them simply weren't viable.  I didn't feel like the game could be played a bunch of different ways, and at the end of the day I thought it was just another shooter.  A very polished and well-done shooter, but just a shooter.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 10:56:29 PM »

What the hell is a title update and what does it add?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 11:49:15 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on December 03, 2007, 10:56:29 PM

What the hell is a title update?

I think it's an XBox euphemism for "patch".

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 12:43:33 AM »

according to a news bit from IGN a last week, the update will include new plasmids, an update to the widescreen field of view, other patches, and some other additional content that hasn't been revealed yet.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 03:13:04 AM »

Too bad... I got the game but not the system.
Damm 3 rings of death!
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 03:25:30 AM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on December 03, 2007, 08:07:55 PM

See, my biggest issue with Bioshock was that despite the apparent number of choices they gave you, many of them simply weren't viable.  I didn't feel like the game could be played a bunch of different ways, and at the end of the day I thought it was just another shooter.  A very polished and well-done shooter, but just a shooter.

I agree and would indoubtedly subscribe to your newsletter!

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 03:38:36 AM »

Quote from: Tebunker on December 04, 2007, 03:25:30 AM

I agree and would indoubtedly subscribe to your newsletter!

Which approaches weren't viable?
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 04:57:11 PM »

Download is called "Ryan Industries Plasmids and Gene Tonics", which seems pretty self explanatory. I might load the game up later and check out what they do.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 05:08:28 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on December 03, 2007, 10:56:29 PM

What the hell is a title update and what does it add?

not including the tonics and plasmids....it also does this

makes it true widescreen....i am only guessing that it does the same for PC,as it was those guys who originally moaned about the 'widescreen' problem in the first place

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 11:09:54 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on December 04, 2007, 05:08:28 PM

holy handgrenades that's one heck of a change!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 11:15:14 PM »

I think they should at least add the option for additional melee weapons.  You get all this crazy weaponry but you can't pick up a fucking pipe or something for a change of pace?  wtf.

And the plasmids were apparently plasmids that didn't make it into release, but the "code" for them was still in the game or something.  So overall I'm pretty meh on this, but that's not going to stop me from re-playing this fucker on hard.  I never use those vita-chambers anyway.

Just Hiro will do.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 01:14:06 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 04, 2007, 11:09:54 PM

is there any framerate hit?
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 01:57:56 AM »

Quote from: KePoW on December 05, 2007, 01:14:06 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 04, 2007, 11:09:54 PM

there shouldn't be...it's really not rendering anything more than if your character took three steps backward to see a wider area.  i never understood why this widescreen issue was such a big deal when news of it hit the 'net right after the game's release...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 02:11:39 AM »

Quote from: KePoW on December 05, 2007, 01:14:06 AM

It played fine for me, looked great with the extra sides.

The plasmids and tonics were pretty boring. One reduced vendor costs, another reduced EVE cost, and the Sonic Boom deal just pushed enemies to the ground. I can't remember the fourth one, they all only cost $1 at a Gatherer's Garden though so that was cool.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 05:03:49 AM »

My problem with the game is while I agree with most of what you said, and I loved the setting, found the story interesting, and thought the environments were outstanding-I didn't actually think it was a polished and well-done shooter. It was, as you said, just a shooter in the end. But I thought looking at it like that it was a relatively average, somewhat un-polished shooter. The shooting mechanics just weren't very good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: