http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 11:39:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/XB1]Respawn's Titanfall  (Read 19711 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 21, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on March 21, 2014, 02:22:44 PM

I don't know, at this point Titanfall is all but defining Xbox One.  Unless they have some staggering exclusives lined up that they are completely confident will be able to replace TF, it may be extremely valuable to Microsoft to pay through the nose.  "When you think of Titanfall, you think of Xbox One" may be enough.

They've got plenty of exclusives that can replace TF. Halo 5, Gears of War 4 - those two alone will have Xbox fans lining up in droves.

But, as I said, they can't just rely on the past.  Halo came out on the Xbox.  If that was the only exclusive the 360 had, there would have been a sense of "what have you done for me lately" but they also had Gears which reinvigorated the interest.  They are in the same boat now.  Sure, Halo and Gears will sell consoles, but they still need something to give them momentum.  Something that will have synergy with the Xbox One specific brand.  Unquestionably that is Titanfall right now. 

They may have something new up their sleeves that'll blow it away, but even if they're feeling confident about it, it's still an unknown entity.  Titanfall is a proven hit right now that people are already associating with Xbox One (hell, they're buying consoles because of it).  They've got momentum, and they might be desperate to hold onto it.

The real question will be when does the exclusivity contract for the sequel need to happen?  If EA wants it, they should be negotiating already because Microsoft needs this bird in the hand. 

OTOH, if EA doesn't even want it, it's a moot point.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 27, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »

http://www.titanfall.com/news/we-hate-cheaters-just-as-much-as-you-do

I need to get back to this, diablo, smite and dark souls sucked me away
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 27, 2014, 11:54:30 AM »

I'm still going strong in Titanfall. Mostly by myself frown but still having a blast. I'm at prestige 3 but I think I saw Mikagami at prestige 5 the other day....gotta catch up.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 27, 2014, 11:56:01 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on March 27, 2014, 11:54:30 AM

I'm still going strong in Titanfall. Mostly by myself frown but still having a blast. I'm at prestige 3 but I think I saw Mikagami at prestige 5 the other day....gotta catch up.

I still jump on...  Mostly solo as well.   I just hit 46.. slow leveler that I am

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #764 on: March 27, 2014, 12:39:39 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on March 27, 2014, 11:56:01 AM

Quote from: USMC Kato on March 27, 2014, 11:54:30 AM

I still jump on...  Mostly solo as well.   I just hit 46.. slow leveler that I am

I just made it to level 1!  Super Duper Edition!  It made me realize how dependent I became on my upgrades.  My whole first match afterwards I ran around doing nothing but kicking people because I couldn't kill anyone with the default weapons.  icon_lol
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 27, 2014, 01:19:05 PM »

Maybe a scheduled Geezers Gone Wild night is in order to get us to actually log on at the same time? 

In other news, Respawn has implemented one of the best anti-cheat measures I've ever seen.  Instead of banning you when they detect a cheat, they force you to play solely with other cheaters.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 27, 2014, 01:46:47 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 27, 2014, 01:19:05 PM

Maybe a scheduled Geezers Gone Wild night is in order to get us to actually log on at the same time? 

In other news, Respawn has implemented one of the best anti-cheat measures I've ever seen.  Instead of banning you when they detect a cheat, they force you to play solely with other cheaters.

why you no read my post pug?

Quote from: Harkonis on March 27, 2014, 11:29:39 AM

http://www.titanfall.com/news/we-hate-cheaters-just-as-much-as-you-do

I need to get back to this, diablo, smite and dark souls sucked me away
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 27, 2014, 01:54:42 PM »

I read your text, not your URLs.  Tongue
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 27, 2014, 02:48:47 PM »

I have no idea why as I know it is technically an excellent game, but there's something about this one that just isn't drawing me in like other CODs did.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 27, 2014, 05:27:32 PM »

Quote from: gellar on March 27, 2014, 02:48:47 PM

I have no idea why as I know it is technically an excellent game, but there's something about this one that just isn't drawing me in like other CODs did.

Same. It's strange, since when I play I do have fun....but there is just no overwhelming desire to go back to it, like I have had with COD or Battlefield.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 27, 2014, 09:44:54 PM »

Sadly, I've been traveling pretty much since this came out.  I was home last weekend and got a chance to play up to around level 25, but didn't really see anyone from my friends list on.  I thought it was just about the most balls-out fun I've had in a long while.  I have some concerns about what kind of legs it will have, but I'm still pretty enthralled with it.  I hope you guys are still playing when I get home next week or so.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 27, 2014, 10:02:45 PM »

I was having the same observation in the beta, and I still bought the damn thing
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 28, 2014, 12:00:54 AM »

Some good matchmaking improvements coming.

1. Searching for teammates and opponents will now sometimes take more time to look for players that are a good skill level match, rather than purely prioritizing speed over quality. This will give us more time to build better teams and create closer games that are worth staying in for a longer period of time.

2. Rather than playing against the same opponents over and over, the game will periodically split the teams apart and search for new opponents for each team. This means if one team is dominating, we will update the skill for all of the players and then find each team a better suited match for the next round. Did you lose to a really great team? We'll make them disappear and replace them with a new opposing team - and they will have no idea that you just got your butts kicked. This should end some of the frustration with playing for extended periods when you're having an off night.

I still think it's weird they don't like to split up teams made up of random players, but the #2 fix above is a great way to improve things if they're dead set on keeping teammates locked together.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 28, 2014, 03:30:27 AM »

Probably too late notice to set something up this weekend? How about we start planning a Titanfall night (or day) next week? Friday, Sat, or Sunday is good for me smile day or night

Semper Fidelis

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 28, 2014, 04:10:08 AM »

Quote from: naednek on March 27, 2014, 10:02:45 PM

I was having the same observation in the beta, and I still bought the damn thing

This is exactly how I felt during the  beta...and why I didn't buy it...
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 28, 2014, 11:23:19 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on March 28, 2014, 03:30:27 AM

Probably too late notice to set something up this weekend? How about we start planning a Titanfall night (or day) next week? Friday, Sat, or Sunday is good for me smile day or night

I still haven't had a multiplayer forza 5 race... frown  need a night for that too.  The game is REALLY good, but nobody plays
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 28, 2014, 11:33:50 AM »

I should be available must of the weekend since it will a be very rainy in my neck of the woods.

NiM$
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 28, 2014, 12:09:43 PM »

I'll be playing mostly this weekend, so I'll send out invites if I see any friends on.
Next weekend we should set up a Geezers Gone Wild night like Pug suggested

Semper Fidelis

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 28, 2014, 02:05:02 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on March 28, 2014, 03:30:27 AM

Daytime play isn't likely for me, but there's a good chance I'll be on every night this week.  I just flipped to Gen 3 and I'm surprisingly loving the prestige process way more than I ever did in CoD.  I think it's a combination of how you hit max level faster by default, how you get bonus XP each new generation, and how there are the added challenge requirements to flip.

I usually can't log on until Really Late Eastern, though.  If I'm going to play I usually pop on at 11pm eastern just a bit after the kiddos go to bed.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 06, 2014, 09:19:06 AM »

Is anyone still playing this?  I just got home from business related travel and I've got a few days off with the wife out of the house.  Every time I log on, I don't see anyone playing this.  Don't tell me I've missed out on the entire Titanfall window!

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: April 06, 2014, 03:41:53 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on April 06, 2014, 09:19:06 AM

Is anyone still playing this?  I just got home from business related travel and I've got a few days off with the wife out of the house.  Every time I log on, I don't see anyone playing this.  Don't tell me I've missed out on the entire Titanfall window!

what window.. I've played mostly solo.. Only grouped up a few times with others since official launch

NiM$
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 06, 2014, 05:56:01 PM »

Are we XBL friends?  What's your gamertag?

Gamertag = IkeV
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #782 on: April 06, 2014, 05:57:13 PM »

I'm pretty much done to be honest. I hit 50 and prestiged a few levels and haven't had any desire to play any further.

Probably my biggest buyers remorse for a game.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 07, 2014, 02:02:57 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on April 06, 2014, 03:41:53 PM

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on April 06, 2014, 09:19:06 AM

what window.. I've played mostly solo.. Only grouped up a few times with others since official launch

I've been away travelling for the past week, but outside of that I'm still playing at least every other night or so.  I think we're still XBL friends from Ye Olden Days, but I'll check for sure next time I'm on.

I think me being on Mountain "after kids go to sleep" time is making me entirely miss Soul's usual gaming window, unfortunately. 
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 07, 2014, 11:19:40 AM »

360 gameplay started the video just before the actual game play as the person that uploaded streamed a great of the training pod stuff

NiM$
ATB

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #785 on: April 07, 2014, 04:39:26 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on April 06, 2014, 05:57:13 PM

I'm pretty much done to be honest. I hit 50 and prestiged a few levels and haven't had any desire to play any further.

Probably my biggest buyers remorse for a game.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Why?
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 07, 2014, 06:32:02 PM »

I've seen a bunch of video now from the 360 version and I can see now why it was delayed a month and no footage of it has been shown. It looks pretty good! Is it as nice as the XB1 version, no, but it is close enough that it may have swayed many that purchased an XB1 to play Titanfall to just stick with the 360 version and save $500.

I am honestly shocked at how well it turned out on the 360.

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 08, 2014, 04:44:44 PM »

Digital Foundry quick write up on performance of the 360 version. Overall pretty impressive job by Bluepoint

Performance analysis: Titanfall on Xbox 360
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 08, 2014, 05:47:25 PM »

Quote from: Jumangi on April 08, 2014, 04:44:44 PM

Digital Foundry quick write up on performance of the 360 version. Overall pretty impressive job by Bluepoint

Yep, again showing why there was a complete media blackout on the 360 version along with the delay. It was too good and MS was probably worried it would reflect poorly on the XB1, if launched at the same time. Smart business move, but not really fair to the consumer.

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 08, 2014, 05:55:10 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on April 08, 2014, 05:47:25 PM

Yep, again showing why there was a complete media blackout on the 360 version along with the delay. It was too good and MS was probably worried it would reflect poorly on the XB1, if launched at the same time. Smart business move, but not really fair to the consumer.

Agreed, smart business move, but very poor form

NiM$
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 09, 2014, 01:22:30 PM »

So, I played the 360 version today. I have the PC version and play it on all the highest settings on my TV via HDMI connection, so I was able to do a pretty direct comparison. PC version obviously looks better, but it's not a huge difference at all. I would assume the difference to be even less between the Xb1 version and 360 version....though I have not played the XB1 version.

Bluepoint has done an incredible job on this. Graphically it is not much worse than the other versions and it plays great.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 09, 2014, 01:35:01 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on April 08, 2014, 05:47:25 PM

It's actually kind of amazing how well the 360 hardware has held up over time. I have to believe that the hardware was designed at some point in 2004. Making it 10 year old hardware capable of running a modern game without too much compromise. To put that in perspective that would be like trying to get a PS1 or N64 game to play on the NES.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 09, 2014, 07:43:33 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on April 09, 2014, 01:35:01 PM

It's actually kind of amazing how well the 360 hardware has held up over time.

This is why the 'next gen' shouldn't have started for another year at least.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #793 on: April 09, 2014, 08:02:31 PM »

Keep in mind that we're talking about a game running on the Source engine here, an engine that was first released in 2004. It's getting somewhat dated at this point, and that also means that it tends to run pretty well on older hardware. That it runs well on the 360 is very nice, and certainly a fine twist after all the doomsaying around the Internet about this version of the game recently, but it's hardly surprising.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 09, 2014, 08:19:04 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 09, 2014, 07:43:33 PM

Quote from: Scraper on April 09, 2014, 01:35:01 PM

It's actually kind of amazing how well the 360 hardware has held up over time.

This is why the 'next gen' shouldn't have started for another year at least.

What?  No, it was well overdue.   TF is just not pushing any boundaries on the graphics front, lighting and shadows are pretty basic, also nothing too crazy on the particle or shader side.   It's not a bad looking game, but even the PC version at max settings is far from a graphics showcase.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: April 10, 2014, 12:03:06 PM »

So from a GT perspective, is this game a failure?  I don't want to discuss sales numbers whatever they may be.

I've asked every gamer I know who bought this and they are legit done with it less than a month after release.

Thoughts?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 10, 2014, 12:57:20 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 19, 2014, 02:47:59 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on March 19, 2014, 01:34:10 PM

If I post less in this thread, it's because it's a lot more fun to talk about this game on other forums where there's a more positive ratio of people who love the game to people who think it's the biggest flop ever.  

Where are you seeing this in this thread?
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 10, 2014, 01:07:07 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 10, 2014, 12:03:06 PM

So from a GT perspective, is this game a failure?  I don't want to discuss sales numbers whatever they may be.

I've asked every gamer I know who bought this and they are legit done with it less than a month after release.

Thoughts?

I don't think so. Doesn't take long to find a match and with Respawn team balancing I am finding the game a heck of a lot less frustrating,  
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:31:40 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

NiM$
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 10, 2014, 02:29:01 PM »

So from a GT perspective, is this game a failure?  I don't want to discuss sales numbers whatever they may be.

Not at all. I know you don't want to talk sales numbers, but it's credited for selling at least a million XB1s, and the cheap Titanfall bundles had to have improved XB1 console sales considerably.

Any perceived 'failure' comes from over-expectation, not reality. In business terms, it's an absolute success - you typically don't get original IPs to do these kinds of numbers, particularly against established giants like Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Anecdotal evidence is a pretty flimsy thing to hang your hat on. Every one of my friends who bought the game are still playing it religiously.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 10, 2014, 02:44:38 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on April 10, 2014, 02:29:01 PM

Not at all. I know you don't want to talk sales numbers, but it's credited for selling at least a million XB1s, and the cheap Titanfall bundles had to have improved XB1 console sales considerably.

Really?  I haven't seen that PR/report, my impression was that EA/MS have been incredibly silent on the sales numbers.  I would have thought if there was a report/PR then it would have got a thread at GAF.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: