http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 03:29:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/XB1]Respawn's Titanfall  (Read 17801 times)
Jarrodhk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 17, 2014, 01:45:55 PM »

Hopefully our internet will be back to normal by the time Titanfall releases.

In the meantime I'll console myself playing EDF.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 17, 2014, 06:46:52 PM »

CVG

14 maps?
Split Screen?

none of it confirmed just what some neogaf peeps uncovered,it mentions steam as well which would be unlikely as its from EA

full list in the link,as well as loading screen pictures of the maps

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Mystic95Z

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 17, 2014, 07:22:28 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on February 16, 2014, 06:41:02 PM

The settings that msduncan is using sound great to me.

What settings? Control settings? I'm wondering if this has controller support on the PC. Downloaded it and went thru the training missions last night and I'm thinking I'd rather play with a controller. And no I don't have a xbone yet so that isn't an option.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 17, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »

Anyone finding that where you're looking is gradually shifting up and to the right even when the sticks are in neutral?

Haven't had any problems in any other games...
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 17, 2014, 07:32:53 PM »

Quote from: Mystic95Z on February 17, 2014, 07:22:28 PM

What settings? Control settings? I'm wondering if this has controller support on the PC. Downloaded it and went thru the training missions last night and I'm thinking I'd rather play with a controller. And no I don't have a xbone yet so that isn't an option.

I'm pretty sure he was looking at the wrong post as msduncan is on XB1.  The game supports controllers on PC, and it doesn't seem very system intensive.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2014, 08:47:00 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 17, 2014, 07:31:00 PM

Anyone finding that where you're looking is gradually shifting up and to the right even when the sticks are in neutral?

I can only think of the obvious -- any chance you had the right stick pushed a little down and left when you powered on the system?
Mystic95Z

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 17, 2014, 10:29:19 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on February 17, 2014, 07:32:53 PM

I'm pretty sure he was looking at the wrong post as msduncan is on XB1.  The game supports controllers on PC, and it doesn't seem very system intensive.

Cool I'll have to order one and give it a try. Already have the wireless transceiver.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 17, 2014, 10:57:04 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 17, 2014, 07:31:00 PM

controller issues are among the things fixed in the early march update.  This exact issue is one of the things mentioned
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 18, 2014, 12:08:36 AM »

For anyone playing on PC I am chpunisher
davidrobots
Senior Lead Editor
Gaming Trend Reader

Holler holler get dollar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: February 18, 2014, 01:03:30 AM »

Yep, you can use a controller, and it's just as viable as using a mouse and keyboard.

David Roberts
Managing Editor, Gaming Trend

Twitter: @davidrobots
Nintendo ID: davidrobots
Xbox Gamertag: FencerMusashi
PSN ID: Fencer Musashi
Steam: davidrobots
3DS: 2148-8144-9369
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 18, 2014, 02:00:11 AM »

Some nifty stuff in this Q&A.

In particular, finally a few details about the campaign mode:

Adam Bankhurst asked: I am a huge fan of story-based games and tend to lose interest in multiplayer-only games after a short while. What will Titanfall offer to keep me coming back for more?

Respawn: We have a variety of classic modes, three which weíve shown so far, thereís some that we havenít talked about yet. Thatís if you wanna hop in with your buddies, get into a quick match, skip the story elements of the game. With the campaign multiplayer, youíll play once through as the IMC and once through as the Militia. Because itís a multiplayer game, itís always moving. Itíll start out with these scripted sequences, and thereíll be way more dialog and characters and way more context for the world than you would otherwise get in the classic modes, but itís not a single-player game. It is still a multiplayer game with story elements woven in. So when we talk about the game having single player elements, one of the things weíre really talking about is the quality of what youíre seeing in multiplayer. It doesnít get done a lot, because normally youíre saving the high-quality art, animation, everything like that for the single-player and scripted portions of the game. For us, weíre trying to get that attention to detail and those big, epic moments and that really cinematic stuff, but have it happen in multiplayer. So, doing things like having those cool animations where the Titans reach and grab you out of the air or slide through their legs or getting on their back and rodeo-ing them, all of these are part of the way that youíre going to weave that experience where you come out of that and youíre going to have your own story. Thatís one of the consistent things when people play, they come out of it and say  Ēso, I did this thing and then I did this other thing and then this cool thing happened!Ē Thatís you building your own story within the story that weíre giving you context for.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 18, 2014, 12:29:44 PM »

Played hardpoint last night for about 90 mins and yes it totally changed my opinion of the game.

Had a great time as both a pilot and a titan (i may actually like being a pilot more than being in a titan) and totally see how this game is going to be smash hit.

That said....I'm not sure I'm up for another round of leveling up/unlocking/perks hamster wheel.   Still have the game pre-ordered, but I'm not sure i'll get it.

Not because of the game itself, but just because of where I am as a gamer (though I do know myself well enough to know that I'm also pretty fickle in this regard) smile
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 18, 2014, 12:45:33 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 18, 2014, 12:29:44 PM

Played hardpoint last night for about 90 mins and yes it totally changed my opinion of the game.

I went back and played Attrition and I think its kind of a terrible mode.  It has all the normal TDM problems sort of magnified by the games speed.  Both Hardpoint an Last Titan Standing are pretty good though.  Hardpoint by introducing direction to the chaos, and LTS by limiting respawns CS style controls the chaos.   I just found Attrition to be a mess,  and I could never get a handle on how to play it effectively whereas in HP and LTS I can do quite well and MVP is not out of the question.   I personally think pushing people new to the game to play Attrition first  in the beta is a bit of a small misstep by Respawn.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 18, 2014, 02:44:04 PM »

Attrition is pretty straightforward.  The fact that you can advance the score by killing the grunts and spectres gives it a different feel than TDM
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 18, 2014, 04:21:27 PM »

Titan kills should be counted on Hardpoint.  Seems to be a glaring oversight to me

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: February 18, 2014, 04:48:59 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on February 18, 2014, 04:21:27 PM

Titan kills should be counted on Hardpoint.  Seems to be a glaring oversight to me

I may have missed it but it also doesn't track point captures either.  It just shows 'offense' and 'defense'.

Anyone know if other maps will have more than 3 points?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 18, 2014, 04:59:44 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 18, 2014, 04:48:59 PM

Anyone know if other maps will have more than 3 points?

Good question.  I hope there's at least a few maps with more, but I think right now all we've seen are the little preview images of the other maps.

One thing I tried out this morning to great success: smart pistol plus the enhanced parkour kit for Hardpoint mode.  Instead of making a feeble attempt to hide or take cover as you capture a point, jump up to a corner of the room and wallhang up there!  People just don't look up, especially while the game is new, and since you have the smart pistol you don't have to worry about the lack of aim-down-sights while wallhanging.  The enhanced parkour kit seemed like it let me wallhang enough for an entire capture, or at least for most of the capture time.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 18, 2014, 05:34:37 PM »

how do you wall hang?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 18, 2014, 05:36:42 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 18, 2014, 05:34:37 PM

how do you wall hang?

Jump at a wall and hold down the left trigger. 

Aside from giving you surprise vantage points, you can also use it to scale walls higher than you can reach in just one double-jump.  Run at a wall, double jump as high as you can, wallhang, then do another double jump from the wallhang.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 18, 2014, 07:05:45 PM »

I think mord than 3 points would be a terrible idea for a 6v6 game.  Would be spread too thin.  As it is you can go several minutes on xefrnse and see nobody.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 18, 2014, 07:42:13 PM »

So what do our multiplayer shooter veterans think of Titanfall? I've yet to hear any real impressions.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 18, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »

I played close to 150 matches, I'm loving it.  Close enough to COD to be familiar, different enough to be fun.  It's a riot of fast paced and frantic chaos that somehow never gets overwhelming.  I have had more 'battlefield moments' in a weekend than I have since 1942 
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 18, 2014, 07:56:54 PM »

I haven't played nearly as much as Hark (probably 3-4 hrs total) but I'm still having a ton of fun. Even with the limited maps and game modes in the beta I'm just starting to get bored, which is a good sign.

I love the speed and engagement of the game. The Titans are a nice change of pace when you want to go a bit more tactical, but I love the run and gun of the gunplay. I'm also impressed that all three weapon types seem viable (haven't tried the sniper rifles) since that seems to be really fucking hard to do based on the recent COD games.

I'm looking forward to the release.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 18, 2014, 08:01:07 PM »

I'm impressed they were able to get the parkour controls so smooth and natural.  One of my biggest worries about this going in was that the movement would be too fast and twitchy for me since I typically plod along cautiously in shooters, but this felt second nature right off the bat.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 18, 2014, 08:08:45 PM »

Spoiler warning!

News is starting to come out from the Titanfall art book, and wow, there's an element to the game I surely did not see coming!  If you're spoiler-averse, watch out.  If you don't care about spoilers, here's the news!

Spoiler for Hiden:
Monsters! 
Creatures will "walk or fly around levels harmlessly until people interfere. Others will attack when you just stare at them."
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 18, 2014, 08:37:58 PM »

I have around 100 matches, and I believe Respawn has got the magic formula for making the tired FPS fun and engaging again. You are never out of the fight without a Titan and conversely, piloting a Titan does not make you safe or overpowered.  Movement is smooth and feels natural with the controller. Can't wait for release

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 19, 2014, 02:38:56 AM »

Well I found I do far better using the 360 controller than the mouse/keyboard. Shocker for me as for the online FPSs I've always done mouse/keyboard. But I also haven't really played any seriously since Battlefield 2142.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: February 19, 2014, 03:27:35 AM »

I got into the PC beta today.  Enjoying the game waaay more than I expected to.  Itís one of very few FPS where Iím having just as much fun if Iím doing terrible as if Iím doing great. So far my favorite tactic is to play sniper and just put my Titan on guard mode.  He draws enemies in and I shoot them in the face.  A match made in heaven!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 19, 2014, 02:22:16 PM »

Played again last night and got to level 14.  Had a really fun time..but there's just something off (with me?).  I don't have that 'OMG can't wait to get back to play it' thing going on.  BF4 may have ruined me for all other shooters.

That said, still not canceling the preorder just yet. smile
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 19, 2014, 02:23:22 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 19, 2014, 02:22:16 PM

Played again last night and got to level 14.  Had a really fun time..but there's just something off (with me?).  I don't have that 'OMG can't wait to get back to play it' thing going on.  BF4 may have ruined me for all other shooters.

It's because there's two k/d ratios. It's making you confused about your actual skill slywink

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 19, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »

Think I'm done with the beta. Loving the game and very stoked for it's release.  Got Titanfall and PvZ digital paid for, and Dark Souls 2 360 also.  Going to be a wicked month or two here.

Time to kill now with Marvel Heroes and Smite
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 19, 2014, 02:50:18 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on February 19, 2014, 02:23:22 PM

It's because there's two k/d ratios. It's making you confused about your actual skill slywink

There are two K/D ratios?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 19, 2014, 03:11:10 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 19, 2014, 02:50:18 PM

Yes, one for all kills and one for pilot-only kills.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 19, 2014, 03:24:34 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on February 19, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

I just pre-ordered a second copy.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 19, 2014, 03:26:23 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 19, 2014, 03:24:34 PM

You can actually track the two K/D ratios on a single copy!  This game just innovates left and right!  icon_wink
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 19, 2014, 05:04:36 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 19, 2014, 03:24:34 PM

For me? Thanks!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 19, 2014, 08:56:02 PM »

I look forward to you all working out the kinks and providing good feedback to the devs so the sequel hits it out of the park, as this looks fun.  -PS4 owner
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 19, 2014, 09:04:41 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on February 19, 2014, 08:56:02 PM

I look forward to you all working out the kinks and providing good feedback to the devs so the sequel hits it out of the park, as this looks fun.  -PS4 owner

I'll all for this franchise going cross-platform, but the way this is turning into the XB1 showcase game right now I think there's a good chance Microsoft will give EA/Respawn a blank check to keep the next game exclusive.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 19, 2014, 09:45:23 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 19, 2014, 09:04:41 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on February 19, 2014, 08:56:02 PM

I'll all for this franchise going cross-platform, but the way this is turning into the XB1 showcase game right now I think there's a good chance Microsoft will give EA/Respawn a blank check to keep the next game exclusive.

This game is in a weird spot as I'm pretty sure MS underpaid EA.  I say a weird spot, because if it does poorly then the MS deal was good for EA, but if it does well EA short changed themselves.  PS4 has done gangbusters with over 5.3 million sold now, I'm sure beyond what EA forcasted, and on top of that all of EA's games are selling better on the PS4 than the XB1, and I'd wager real money that when they used their lost sales calculations they were basing it on 360/PS3 percentages where the 360 versions always outsold the PS3 versions. 

I also think from the XB1 side, the game has the issue of not really being an XB1 exclusive, with what seemed from the beta of an excellent PC version, and the unknown quality of the 360 version.  I feel like MS must have pushed EA to delay that 360 version a couple of weeks to try and drive XB1 sales.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 19, 2014, 10:00:17 PM »

I think the 360 will be a bigger threat than the PC to the sales numbers of the XB1 version, but it'll interesting to see how the numbers play out.

I almost think they should have completely scrapped the 360 version.  It just seems lose/lose.  If the port is fantastic, Titanfall becomes less of an XB1 system seller.  If the port is terrible, well, you get a lot of unhappy people complaining about how terrible the port is.  It has to be good enough for people to love it but bad enough for people to be driven to upgrade their system.

Are they doing a 360 > XB1 version upgrade deal like they did for those launch window titles?  Seems like it would be exceedingly foolish not to.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: