http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 02:10:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/XB1]Respawn's Titanfall  (Read 17160 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2013, 09:03:56 AM »

I guess there is still no name for the new game,don't worry too much Playstation players,as it is a Microsoft 3rd Party Exclusive it wouldn't surpise me if it turned out to be timed exclusive

The much anticipated debut game from Respawn Entertainment - the developer founded by the former bosses of Call of Duty studio Infinity Ward - will be a next-gen Xbox exclusive.

That's according to Kotaku, who cites 'two unrelated sources familiar with the game' as claiming that Resawn's publisher EA has struck a deal with Microsoft for Xbox-exclusivity of the new game.

Kotaku says that Respawn's yet-to-be-revealed game is a "futuristic multiplayer-centric online shooter", described as a 'battle of Davids and Goliaths' and, crucially, will be always-online.

According to the report, "The Davids are heavily-armed foot soldiers. The Goliaths are the giant exosekeltons-Titans-that these soldiers can pilot. These Titans are big mech-style walkers that move with an agility not seen in games like Mechwarrior or Steel Battalions."

It adds, "To keep the action balanced, game maps limit the number of Titans that can be used in a skirmish. Weapon loadouts for the foot soldiers are designed to ensure that the characters on foot can take out the Titans if need be."

The game, it claims, is also in development for the current-generation Xbox 360, but due to the EA/Microsoft deal, will not be coming to Sony or Nintendo platforms.

CVG
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 08:12:21 PM by naednek » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 11:47:11 AM »

Kotaku  I was just coming here to post this.  Looks like MS is dipping thier toes back into the exclusive market

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 12:01:25 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on April 30, 2013, 11:47:11 AM

Kotaku  I was just coming here to post this.  Looks like MS is dipping thier toes back into the exclusive market

And of course it's a shooter. MS for some reason doesn't ever want to touch any other genre with their AAA muscles. At least it's better than nothing, though this isn't the kind of thing that will convince me to get a next-gen Xbox.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 12:58:59 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 30, 2013, 12:01:25 PM

though this isn't the kind of thing that will convince me to get a next-gen Xbox.

What would?

My hope is that they redefine the shooter genre like they did with COD4.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 01:53:48 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 30, 2013, 12:58:59 PM

Quote from: TiLT on April 30, 2013, 12:01:25 PM

though this isn't the kind of thing that will convince me to get a next-gen Xbox.
What would?

Exclusive games that really appeal to me. I'm looking for those unique game experiences, some of which we at least got through Xbox Live Arcade early on. Microsoft's approach to AAA-titles with the 360 has been to focus on nothing but shooters, but I'm hoping they'll change their tune and become more appealing to my tastes. So far I haven't really been part of their target audience.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 04:11:23 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 30, 2013, 01:53:48 PM

Microsoft's approach to AAA-titles with the 360 has been to focus on nothing but shooters...

Note exactly, I consider all of the following AAA games and they're far from shooters.

Fable II
Forza 2
Forza 3
Forza Horizon
Project Gotham Racing 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Viva Piņata: Party Animals
Viva Piņata: Trouble in Paradise

As well, IMO Halo Wars was an AAA game too, but the majority of critics deemed it a AA game. I do think  based upon the reception they've had with Halo and Gears of War series, that going forward publishing or dev'ing non-shooters will be harder to justify for them.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 05:42:20 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on April 30, 2013, 04:11:23 PM

Note exactly, I consider all of the following AAA games and they're far from shooters.

True, but it's not a lot and it's mostly remnants of franchises that did well early in the 360's life cycle and thus earned the right to keep living. Fable 2 is the most unique and interesting of the bunch (and one of the reasons I bought a 360), but even that franchise turned into a Kinect shooter in the end and made Peter Molyneux leave. *shrug*

Microsoft knows their core customers, and their core customers love shooters, generally speaking. Microsoft is playing it safe, and I can't honestly say I blame them for it. Regardless, I'm more of an eccentric gamer who prefers something a little more original. Shooters used to be one of my absolutely favorite genres about 5-6 years ago, but now I can hardly stand them. The market is filled with one shooter after another. If I want to play that kind of game, I don't need an Xbox to do so.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 08:32:24 PM »

Their exclusives list in the past 3 years has been pretty barren. Regardless of the shooter status, it's a good thing that they're trying to cultivate some exclusives (for their business).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 08:41:58 PM »

Definitely! If one of the two consoles has awesome exclusives at launch and the other doesn't, that could become a decisive factor right there. I'm sure Microsoft has a few aces up their sleeve for their presentation, and I'm eager to see what they've come up with.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 09:01:35 PM »

Quote from: Purge on April 30, 2013, 08:32:24 PM

Their exclusives list in the past 3 years has been pretty barren. Regardless of the shooter status, it's a good thing that they're trying to cultivate some exclusives (for their business).

Yup,rather have exclusive games rather than Timed Exclusive DLC,if i am playing my DLC on the 360 i care not that PS3 players are also playing the same DLC,i don't play exclusive DLC laughing thinking about how other consoles aren't playing it

not even sure how much MS paid for the GTA4 episodes only for them to eventually turn out to be timed(google search says $25 million,$50 million and even $75 million),rumour had it that there would not even be any DLC had MS not paid so much for it,and then eventually hitting the PS3,Microsoft must of felt like dicks

I am hoping that the rumours about RARE making a launch game for the next xbox to be true(and apparently not a kinect game..well,its been described as a AAA game,so for me that means it's not Kinect Tongue),they had quite a good launch window for the 360 with Kameo,Perfect Dark Zero being launch games,Viva Pinata coming a year later and then Banjo Kazooie:Nuts N Bolts was a little bit later,even if those games are not as good as their Nintendo years i would still love to have RARE making games like that back

Oh and one more 'exclusive' rumour i hope is true,PGR5..even if Bizarre Creations have now closed,hopefully the magic of PGR wont be lost by the new devs(Lucid Games formed by ex-Bizarre staff)

So overall,it's looking good up to now...but we want MORE!!!

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 08:15:45 PM »

Yeah. I'd love to see a Crackdown 3 that didn't rot while it was on the "new release" shelf, or even an Avengers-based freeroaming game (where you could switch between characters, and tear up a city scape in the name of protecting people).

Another nice-to-have would be a Mech game (MechAssault, Mechwarrior ) or a full and engaging remake of Interstate '76. Hell, Crimson Skies would be a welcome game ... imagine having the illumiroom offering better perspective as to the horizon and the beautiful vistas and exciting dogfights.

:sigh:

I'll be reareading this thread come Dec 2013, and be disappointed with myself. Launch titles are generally let-downs, and the fact that the tech is called "console" which could also be pronounced con-sole' as in ... I just bought this hardware, and will play crappy game A, B or C to console myself.  I've yet to see a console launch give compelling games that aren't blown away by the next years releases due to being rushed to market. Unless you loved a franchise (Halo 1, I'm looking at you as the exception for _me_), Early adopters pay full price for bragging rights to AA games.

The 360 and PS3 had decent launch games, but they aren't the ones that survived the life of the system (in my house, anyways).

I know I'll still go next-gen. I'm an early adopter. I will likely go 360 based on the shift to a better kinect experience and illumiroom (unless they suck). But I'll have a pre-order in for both, because if MS *does* decide to shoot themselves in the foot, I won't limp along with their product.

If Respawns new FPS is compelling, then it may well sate me enough to not regret waiting a year.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 08:36:18 PM »

According to the report, "The Davids are heavily-armed foot soldiers. The Goliaths are the giant exosekeltons-Titans-that these soldiers can pilot. These Titans are big mech-style walkers that move with an agility not seen in games like Mechwarrior or Steel Battalions."

throw in the customization of Chromehounds for the Titans and I'll be  IN!!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 02:01:02 PM »

its called Titanfall and its out for PC as well as 360 and XB1

Eurogamer

The Xbox 360 version is being developed by another studio, and the multiplayer-focused game uses the Cloud extensively.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 02:04:05 PM »

Source engine?  could look interesting...

Because I can,
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »

This could go here or in the XBONE thread but...shades of Sim City all over again

GI: "What XBox One lacks in RAM, it potentially makes up for in cloud computing." Talks about how the game will have unlimited dedicated servers for the game, offloading "a few dozen AI" and physics, says the game would be impossible without the cloud and wouldn't have attempted it. Still dealing with unfinished hardware and software, so it's "still a little rough going at times."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 02:55:26 PM »

So what happens when these servers inevitably crash on Halo 5, CoD bajillion, etc's release day? Eh, it's probably not a lot of data going back and forth, raw data too, not complex images. Really will be interesting to see how much of the cloud stuff works, or whether it's another Kinect 1.

But, I'm in for the game. I loved Giants: Citizen Kabuto's multiplayer mode, it was hilarious. Having another game with a big stompy robot and little peons shooting around its feet should be fun.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:00:47 PM by Turtle » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 07:03:52 AM »

Eurogamer

Let's put it plainly: will PlayStation owners ever see Titanfall?

"It's definitely not out of the question," Emslie replied. "We have a huge appreciation for the fans. Coming out and showing it to everybody, we're super nervous and wanted to make sure everybody loved it. We love all our fans, whatever console they support.

"So yeah. We want to make everybody happy, but this is where we're at right now."

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 07:26:06 AM »

In layman's terms: "Microsoft has paid us to focus exclusively on the Xbox One for a limited time, the length of which we're not allowed to disclose."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 08:08:44 AM »

Yep, there's no way something like this would be fully console exclusive, way too late in development for MS to secure that.

Also, I posted this in the E3 thread, but I think this is the successor to Shogo: Mobile Armor Division that we deserve, no the one we wanted. slywink

While not entirely SP focused, it's got a nice combination of big walkers and high mobility for everyone. About the two things missing are bigger walkers and anime artwork.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:11:34 AM by Turtle » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 10:52:03 AM »

In for the PC version.

Because I can,
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 01:59:40 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 12, 2013, 10:52:03 AM

In for the PC version.

Same.  If I was buying an XBone I'd get it there but PC will have to do for this.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 01:31:34 AM »

dangit, I just messaged a friend about Titanfall and he said his group may be going 360 due to some of them being poor Roll Eyes... time for a fabled triple dip?  stupid poor people causing other people to have to buy multiple versions, if you can't afford it then don't drag others back to last gen  *Fist Shaking*

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2013, 07:42:17 AM »

new presentation.

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2013, 05:33:09 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 06, 2013, 07:42:17 AM

Dear lord that looks good
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2013, 05:33:57 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 25, 2013, 01:31:34 AM

dangit, I just messaged a friend about Titanfall and he said his group may be going 360 due to some of them being poor Roll Eyes... time for a fabled triple dip?  stupid poor people causing other people to have to buy multiple versions, if you can't afford it then don't drag others back to last gen  *Fist Shaking*

LOL
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2013, 05:50:50 PM »

Just saw this on the Wiki page:

Respawn chose to build Titanfall on the Source game engine due to their developers' familiarity and its ability to reach 60 frames per second on consoles.[16] The company built upon the engine during development in features such as lighting, rendering, visibility, networking, and tools pipelines.[17] The game also uses Microsoft's cloud computing for multiplayer servers, physics, and artificial intelligence.[13]

That's from June 6 - and while the age of the info doesn't invalidate it, but it certainly means the game is dependent on being online-only, and access to MS server farms.

I wonder if EA is going to force us to use Origin on PC, if this will have it's own stand-alone install, or if it will be a Win8+ only in the MS Store?

I just can't see them putting it on Steam with all the press it's gotten and EA's refusal to let Battlefield 4 onto the platform.

My guess is Origin.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 05:52:52 PM by Purge » Logged

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2013, 06:15:10 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 06, 2013, 05:33:09 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 06, 2013, 07:42:17 AM

Dear lord that looks good

No kidding! That looks damn good. I'm going PS4 all the way with it.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 06:26:32 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 06, 2013, 05:50:50 PM

Just saw this on the Wiki page:

Respawn chose to build Titanfall on the Source game engine due to their developers' familiarity and its ability to reach 60 frames per second on consoles.[16] The company built upon the engine during development in features such as lighting, rendering, visibility, networking, and tools pipelines.[17] The game also uses Microsoft's cloud computing for multiplayer servers, physics, and artificial intelligence.[13]

That's from June 6 - and while the age of the info doesn't invalidate it, but it certainly means the game is dependent on being online-only, and access to MS server farms.

I wonder if EA is going to force us to use Origin on PC, if this will have it's own stand-alone install, or if it will be a Win8+ only in the MS Store?

I just can't see them putting it on Steam with all the press it's gotten and EA's refusal to let Battlefield 4 onto the platform.

My guess is Origin.

Origin.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2013, 04:39:40 PM »

March 11, 2014   I guess a six month exclusive?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 04:43:22 PM »

More importantly, 250 for a Collector's Edition?

Yikes...

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2013, 04:58:34 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 22, 2013, 04:43:22 PM

More more importantly, Dark Souls 2 also out that day!  I'm going to need vacation scheduled for that week.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2013, 05:01:10 PM »

that's a lot for a statue. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2013, 06:48:23 PM »

that's kind of a cool statue.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2013, 08:00:31 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 22, 2013, 06:48:23 PM

Tongue I knew if ANYONE was going to get it, it'd be you. Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2013, 08:18:24 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 22, 2013, 08:00:31 PM

it just all depends on if I have space to display it when the game comes out.

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2013, 08:20:17 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 22, 2013, 08:18:24 PM

If you just store your Xbone on its side then you'll have some extra cabinet space...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2013, 08:23:04 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 22, 2013, 08:20:17 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 22, 2013, 08:18:24 PM

If you just store your Xbone on its side then you'll have some extra cabinet space...

icon_lol  nah, I can just put it where the PS4 would go biggrin

in all seriousness though, something like that would need some nice shelving to go on.

Because I can,
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2013, 11:29:04 PM »

Not 250.00 cool.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2013, 12:33:11 AM »

Quote from: ATB on October 22, 2013, 11:29:04 PM

Not 250.00 cool.
not even $190 cool. 

compared with the various CoD toys that activision has put with their super deluxe versions, this is weak.  nevermind a studio like Blizzard.  I'll be glad when this flops on its face (the CE, not the game) and EA is forced to eat the loss of sales and clearance them out for $99 or less. 

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2013, 04:13:58 AM »

So....yeah....

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=702238

Titanfall is also only 720p on the XB1.....and the hits just keep coming.....

Not a good night for the XB1, at all. First COD and now the almighty Titanfall. What next....AC4 is going to be 480p on the XB1????   icon_razz

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: