http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 05:26:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360BC] Mercenaries.  (Read 856 times)
Jarrodhk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2007, 03:17:10 PM »

Okay, I've been having problems with Mercenaries crashing.  I was wondering if anyone else has been having similar problems, or if it might just be that the disk I have is a bit scratched up.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 03:55:57 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on April 23, 2007, 03:17:10 PM

Okay, I've been having problems with Mercenaries crashing.  I was wondering if anyone else has been having similar problems, or if it might just be that the disk I have is a bit scratched up.

Well, I have a problem with a 3-4 year old game still costing 18$ used, so I didn't get it yesterday. What a racket frown Hope you figure it out dood.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 04:10:41 PM »

Yeah.  I cleaned the disk off a bit.  Hopefully it will help.  I also have a problem where in some areas the minimap goes solid blue and is as a result not much help. 

It only cost me 11 bucks.  I figure I'll get 20-30 hours of play out of it again.  Yay 10% discount on used and buy 2 get 1 free on used at Gamestop.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 04:20:58 PM »

Apparently I've loaned this game out to someone.  I wish I could remember who.  Grr.
Rubyeye
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 04:27:55 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on April 23, 2007, 04:10:41 PM

It only cost me 11 bucks.  I figure I'll get 20-30 hours of play out of it again.  Yay 10% discount on used and buy 2 get 1 free on used at Gamestop.

YAY! I hear that.  I snagged Rapala fishing (just got back form a fishing trip) and Ultimate Spiderman.  I'll load up Mercs tonight.

omgz
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 04:37:04 PM »

Quote from: Rubyeye on April 23, 2007, 04:27:55 PM

Quote from: Jarrodhk on April 23, 2007, 04:10:41 PM

YAY! I hear that.  I snagged Rapala fishing (just got back form a fishing trip) and Ultimate Spiderman.  I'll load up Mercs tonight.

I went to two gamestops the other day and tried to find this deal but couldn't-is it definitely still on? I want that and at least two other PS2 games so I could use this. Could it be a local thing?
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 05:00:58 PM »

Hmm... could be local, or it could have ended this weekend.  I got the games thursday or friday.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 05:04:06 PM »

The signs at my local (Dallas/ Ft. Worth) gamestops show the deal will be going on until 5/15, if I recall correctly.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 08:15:33 PM »

I was playing Mercs the other day and didn't run into any crashes or minimap problems, but I only played for a couple hours. 

I noticed at my local GameStop that the sign for 2-for-1 was only for the XBox section and not elsewhere.  I wanted to pick up a couple older Cube games to play on my Wii but decided to take a pass since the signs weren't up for those (and the counter-jockies were busy). 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 08:28:02 PM »

I cleaned some crap that I hadn't noticed before on the disk.  It seems to be <knocks on wood> working fine now.  Haven't had any map errors or crashes since.  I'd forgotten just how much fun this game is.  Really can't wait for Mercenaries 2 to come out.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 08:34:18 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on April 23, 2007, 03:17:10 PM

I drove all the way to the Chinese tent from the American Embassy two nights ago, and it locked up hard just as I was pulling into the compound.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 11:04:48 PM »

Yeah... played about 2 1/2 hours solid.  No lock-ups, but the minimap goes blue (and useless) anytime I'm actually on a mission and near the mission area.  <shrug> I can work with this.  I love the K200 APC... such a fun toy... stupid SK's that don't move out of my way fast enough... end up running over and blowing them up by accident.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 11:13:03 PM »

I"ve read reports of Mercenaries locking up for quite a few people. 
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 12:03:32 AM »

I remember the original Xbox title was buggy if the disc was less than perfect, or if the sun was shining at just the right time of the day or something.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: