http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 05:45:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360, PS3, PC] F1 2012  (Read 481 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:10:20 PM »

The demo for the 360 version is out now, the PC demo is scheduled for tomorrow the 11th and the PS3 demo for the day after, the 12th. I'm not bothering with the demo since I have it pre-ordered. I post this info because I'm not sure which system the one other person on the forum has who is interested in this game  icon_wink

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 07:13:09 PM »

I will certainly give the demo a try i have not played a F1 game since the PS3 only version(which i didn't like),but still hold fond memories of the N64 version

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 07:29:52 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 10, 2012, 07:13:09 PM

I will certainly give the demo a try i have not played a F1 game since the PS3 only version(which i didn't like),but still hold fond memories of the N64 version

I had got the two previous editions of Codemaster's F1 game and was very pleased. As a forty year fan of F1 (OMG! it's 42 actually) I'm deeply into the technical side of the series and Codemasters really does a great job on this. Last year's game had KERS and DRS that were so well implemented that as a player I could actually sense the difference not only in performance, but in the environment of the car. Tire selection is well modeled, weather is awesome (Monaco in the rain!) and the range of assists allows the game to be adaptable to players of all skill levels. My only complaint, really more of a "I wish this was in the game", is that they only include the tracks from the current year in the game. I'd even pay for DLC if I could add tracks like Turkey that were in the past two editions but aren't in 2012.

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 08:12:26 PM »

Anyone want to go in on the 2-pack PC version of this?  Steam has it for $74.99 for 2 copies vs. $44.99 for a single copy.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 08:39:08 PM »

Quote from: Greggy_D on September 13, 2012, 08:12:26 PM

Anyone want to go in on the 2-pack PC version of this?  Steam has it for $74.99 for 2 copies vs. $44.99 for a single copy.

Sorry, my rig won't run it worth a darn, so I'm getting the 360 version.

I did break down and play the demo, which shows off two new features. One is the Young Drivers Test, a series of tutorial films and lessons to try. Only day one of the two days is in the demo, the second day apparently consists of dry and wet running.

The other is the Season Challenge. This feature bridges the gap between running single races and the full twenty race Career season. It has in the demo just one race at Monza, with single lap qualifying and then a shortened race. Supposed there are ten races in the Season Challenge. An interesting twist is that before the start of the challenge you pick a rival driver and each race you try to do better than him. The uber players can go against Vettel or Hamilton; me, I'm just trying to beat Karthikeyan nod

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 12:32:55 AM »

Got F1 2012 for the 360 today. I'm taking a break from Borderlands 2 to peek at the game. It drops me into the Young Drivers Test, which I already did in the demo, but I'm doing it again with the Ferrari icon_biggrin. I want to have a look at the new Circuit of the Americas in Austin before I go back to BL2.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: