http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 07:53:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360]POTC: @ World's End  (Read 1288 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2007, 05:25:57 PM »

Picked this up today and I'm playing through it a bit.  Looks great, feels squishy smile

It's not bad for a movie license though, gameplay is pretty simple and straightforward, controls feel kinda sluggish though.  Some puzzles are a bit frustrating.  Probably worth a rental, wish I had instead of buying slywink
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 06:48:15 PM »

I'm actually very interested in this game. I couldn't care less about the movies but from screenshots it seems like they created a very beautiful pirate world. Keep the impressions coming!

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 06:55:28 PM »

After playing a bit further, I think the only thing keeping me going is the desire to see the end.  Gameplay-wise it's getting boring pretty fast.  All enemies take the same number of hits, you only have so many combos you can do (which is about 3) and you never get anything better.  Going to be a long boring slugfest interspersed with semi-fun old school Pirates! duels.  I'll still beat it since my niece is a PotC fiend and probably would disown me if I didn't so she can see the end, but I'm feeling a lot of regret towards buying.  I don't have a rental place near me, but this might be the game that pushes me to look into an internet site.  Any suggestions?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 06:56:28 PM »

getting this on friday,i played the demo and was impressed

someone also said that it was a free reigner inbetween missions,and you can raise Jacks notority for later missions,people would be more scared of you,i hope thats true

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 07:38:16 PM »

@knightshade

will gaming trend have any reviews on this one?..i look forward to reading it

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 08:36:46 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 22, 2007, 07:38:16 PM

@knightshade

KD is off fighting pirates in Messico. You'll need to address this to someone else.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 08:39:09 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 22, 2007, 07:38:16 PM

@knightshade

I don't believe anyone received this for review.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 09:35:32 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 22, 2007, 06:55:28 PM

I don't have a rental place near me, but this might be the game that pushes me to look into an internet site.  Any suggestions?

www.gamefly.com

Sean Lama
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 09:55:34 PM »

got it coming from Gamefly myself.  just curious how the Wii version differs.  i rented the 360 instead for the achievements  icon_biggrin

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 12:55:17 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on May 22, 2007, 09:35:32 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on May 22, 2007, 06:55:28 PM

I don't have a rental place near me, but this might be the game that pushes me to look into an internet site.  Any suggestions?

www.gamefly.com

If you do sign up for GameFly, try to use the link from the front page ad to help the site a tiny bit. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 01:04:52 AM »

As much as I love PotC, I'll be renting this one after being burned by Spiderman 3.  Plus no US demo = no buy.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 01:10:28 AM »

There is no free reign between missions, and notoriety is just their fancy terms for 'score'
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 04:24:04 AM »

I still like it.  It's gorgeous and it plays well.  Yes, it does get repetitive, but I am still enjoying myself.  I'm a huge fan of anything Disney and a big fan of Pirates of the Carribbean so that might slightly skew my opinion.

Part of my enjoyment of a game is the visuals, and this game delivers in spades.  I just love the environments and the towns.  I know IGN ate it alive giving it a 5.5, but I'd easily give the game a 7.2 or so and that's good enough in my book.

Not a great game, but an enjoyable one.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 12:40:20 PM »

Ya i just played through Shrek the Third with my little boy watching and i actually enjoyed it....even with it being repetitive and nonsense.  IGN hammered that too and i totally disagreed with alot of their thoughts.  So i suspect i'll enoy it as a rental and my boy will like to watch me play it.

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 06:38:43 PM »

Quote from: The_Man on May 23, 2007, 04:24:04 AM

I still like it.  It's gorgeous and it plays well.  Yes, it does get repetitive, but I am still enjoying myself.  I'm a huge fan of anything Disney and a big fan of Pirates of the Carribbean so that might slightly skew my opinion.

Part of my enjoyment of a game is the visuals, and this game delivers in spades.  I just love the environments and the towns.  I know IGN ate it alive giving it a 5.5, but I'd easily give the game a 7.2 or so and that's good enough in my book.

Not a great game, but an enjoyable one.

I'm thinking I may want to play through the game just to enjoy the visuals and the atmosphere, it looks really good in screenshots.

Sean Lama
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 12:08:28 AM »

i have finished the game,i just need to collect the 100 souls,then everything is done...its a good enough game...but i bought it on friday...so,perhaps anyone who is thinking of buying it....rent it instead

the levels,are nice and at a good difficulty,a few times it took me a while to get through some of the puzzles,but then when going through the levels again,to collect stuff you may of missed...you can fly right through it

7/10....if it was a bigger(longer)game and wasnt as repeditive...it could of easily been a 9...graphics(therfor atmosphere) and level layout is what really makes this work

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2007, 01:17:04 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 23, 2007, 01:04:52 AM

As much as I love PotC, I'll be renting this one after being burned by Spiderman 3.  Plus no US demo = no buy.

Amen to that. I'll never "buy" a movie based game again. Let alone a Movie based on a Disney Ride, and a game based on that movie......wobble wobble.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 05:51:26 PM »

If you're like me and want to see what the graphics fuss is all about but don't want to slog through the ugh gameplay, you'll be happy to know that the US demo is finally up on XBLM.

Not as bad as I was expecting.  The fighting is pretty awful, though.  None the less, I love collecting stuff.  I can see getting this when the price drops to $20 or so, but by then the graphics may not seem as sleek.

What's the deal with soul collecting?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 06:57:05 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 05:23:20 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 29, 2007, 05:51:26 PM

What's the deal with soul collecting?

pretty much a pain in the ass...the only achievement i havent got

once you collect 3 severed shrunken mother heads(if you have sen the film you will know what i mean)...you can then activate the 'jackanism'..by pressing all 3 the left and right triggers and the A button at the same time....then whoever you kill while you have the flaming green sword will go towards your 100 soul goal....it doesnt last for long,and you can activate it with less than 3 heads...but it doesnt last as long

you can replay levels to get souls...but,if you already have 10 souls on that level...and then do it again,start the level again and get 13 souls,then your tally will only go up by 3

as i said,it is a pain in the ass,as you activate it,usually all the enemies die around you ...and they dont count towards your soul goal...and thn no more enemies appear(usually)...and so the whole 'jackanism' thing is wasted.......and another thing is that you can only do it by playing as Jack,and you dont always play as Jack on some levels

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: