http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 06:35:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360]Official Madden League STARTED 9/3  (Read 6369 times)
The_Man
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2006, 03:00:33 AM »

Quote from: Devil on September 26, 2006, 12:51:03 PM

Any chance we could play earlier?

Just let me know what time suits you best the rest of the week and I should be able to work something out.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2006, 05:50:43 PM »

I apparently joined GamingTrend shortly after this was organized, otherwise I would have been all over this.  I'm definitely interested the next time you all organize a Madden League.  Being that Devil is a veteran, I most likely will not have the option of choosing the Eagles, but it would still be fun to participate in some sort of organized league.  Although, based on the last post in both this thread and the results thread, it seems that interest in the league waned fairly quickly.     

If any of you are still playing the game, even though Madden is full of faults and problems (I've found that you either wind up with a very close, hard-fought game, or a complete blowout, with little in between), I still enjoy friendly competition from time to time.  Last night Jancelot and I played two very close games, one coming down to a field goal in overtime, and one where I was up by two with one second left, and Jancelot managed to complete a hail-mary prayer for a touchdown to win the game.

For me, being able to play NFL licensed football, even crappy NFL licensed football, is better than not playing any at all, so if there is any interest in rekindling the existing league (I could always fill in for a dropped out participant), starting a new one, or just getting together from time to time for a quick game, I'm at least interested, for what it's worth. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2006, 07:03:37 PM »

This league died about 3 games in due to many of the issues with Madden you hinted it-unfortunately I doubt we will restart one until 2008 comes out.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2006, 08:21:41 PM »

I'm always up for a game if you see me online.

gellar
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2006, 08:32:57 PM »

So if you punt a ball and it goes through the uprights does it still count as a field goal?  Can you throw it through the uprights?  My hat's off to Pete for pointing out one of my many chowder-headed moves of swapping my punt & field goal plays.  Especially since it was the winning kick in overtime.  Stupid beer (I'm sorry beer, I didn't mean it).

Unfortunately, the couple of times we've tried to get league's together (dating back to GG) they tend to fall apart a couple weeks in.  People come up with lame excuses like, "My kids need food" and "I'm going outdoors."  Man up!  I'm itching to lead Tomo Romo's Cowboys starring Terrell Owens and Bill Parcells (tm) down the glorious path to glory after the recent roster update.  

It's too bad we can't just pick our teams and jump right in to the playoff brackets.  I think that's about as much focus as I think we'd be able to muster.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: