http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 10:13:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360]Official Madden League STARTED 9/3  (Read 6381 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2006, 06:48:47 PM »

Quote from: TML
Calvin - Tennessee Titans
Clanwolfer - Baltimore Ravens
Depward - Jacksonville Jaquars
Ertic33 - Washington Redskins
GatorFavre - Green Bay Packers
gellar - San Francisco 49'ers
jament - Denver Broncos
jblank - Detroit Lions
JLu - Kansas City Chiefs
pingwrx - Arizona Cardinals
The_Man - Dallas Cowboys
TheMissingLink - New England Patriots
The Grue - New Orleans Saints
Devil - Philadelphia Eagles
Scott- Carolina Panthers

I seriously, not even in my wildest dreams, imagined there'd be so much arguing and debating over "rules" and "guidelines."  I've got a glorious idea; how about this for a guideline - use your head.  Don't be a dick.  Play a normal game of football. 

This isn't the nazi-all-pro-uber-realistic-take-the-clock-down-to-1-second-every-time-picking-a-play league.  This is for shits & giggles, and to play with fellow members of this community in an organized format.  I really wasn't prepared to make a list of do's and don'ts because I thought this community of gamers didn't really need that.  This isn't GameFaqs.  Respect your fellow GT members and play a legit game of football.  I'm not going to list what I view as a "fair" and "legit" game of football, because to me, football's football.  If you're going to get upset at your opponent for running the ball with his QB once a half, or whatever, then I don't know what else to say except hey, this league is about having fun.  And if ultra-realistic, incredibly strict and mercilessly enforced rules is your thing, then I'd suggest bowing out.

This league is FOR FUN.  I certainly don't want to see onsides kicks every kickoff, or ACTIVELY exploiting a rolling-out QB (I say EXPLOITING, I have no problem if it's a part of the QB's game) because while this league is for fun, it's for MATURE gamers.

That about sums it up.  I encourage everybody to stay with the league if you want a fun experience with mature players.

Ok, we now have 15 members, including Devil as Philly and Scott as Carolina. This presents a few schedulign challenges. The NFC has 9 and the AFC 6, so one NFC was moved to AFC. That randomly happened to be Gatorfavre when I was making a rough schedule, so the AFC now has 7 teams and the NFC 8.

The regular season for this league, our first attempt, is going to be a doable for everyone 6 games spread out over 7 "weeks". Our current plan is to allow players to play their games whenever they want, as quickly as they want. However, we are considering having two deadlines-the first after Week 3, the second after Week 7. My suggestion (not yet discussed with TML) is to allow a one week grace period after those two deadlines for people to get stuff done and then just tack on forfeit if it hasn't happened. I also think its important to make sure people get at least some games are in by the middle of the season (Week 3 deadline) but TML may overrule all that. It just seems relaxed with enough structure to make it work.

There are two ways we can do the playoffs. Option 1 is less fair but more football-like. Each conference sends 4 teams-2 games to a conference champion and then the super bowl. The more fair way is that teach team sends 6-two wild cards and two byes per conference, and an extra game and more people get in. This devalues the regualr season, but as TML is fond of saying " its for the seeding man". Anyways, this should be up to TML in the end, but input will go a long way as well to deciding this. TML sort of allowed me to be his Vice-Commish, so that is why I am setting this up and working on schedules since he has night shifts all weekend. So deciding on the playof structure is step 1.

Another thing-unless its against your religion or moral code, please sign up for the EA live service internet thingy-I will provide a link later-and choose to have your stats emailed to you at the end of the game, and post them with your game recaps. I want to keep a running tally so I can tabulate it at the end of the season. This is optional, but I think it would be a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 12:07:43 AM by Calvin » Logged
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 06:50:20 PM »

Ok, tentative league schedule, subject to MUCH CHANGE (sorry the formatting sucks, the table system is a pain in the ass to use):

Week 1   Week 2   Week 3   Week 4   Week 5   Week 6   Week 7
AFC
Calvin - Tennessee Titans   Clanwolfer   Depward   Jament   TML   Gator   Jlu   BYE
Clanwolfer - Baltimore Ravens   Calvin   Jament   Depward   Jlu   TML   BYE   Gator
Depward - Jacksonville Jaquars   Jament   Calvin   Clanwolfer   Gator   BYE   TML   Jlu
jament - Denver Broncos   Depward   Clanwolfer   Calvin   BYE   Jlu   Gator   TML
JLu - Kansas City Chiefs   TML   Gator   BYE   Clanwolfer   Jament   Calvin   Depward
TheMissingLink - New England Patriots   Jlu   BYE   Gator   Calvin   Clanwolfer   Depward   Jament
GatorFavre - Green Bay Packers   BYE   Jlu   TML   Depward   Calvin   Jament   Clanwolfer
NFC
Ertic33 - Washington Redskins   gellar   jblank   pingwrx   Grue   Devil   TheMan   Scott
gellar - San Francisco 49'ers   ertic33   pingwrx   jblank   TheMan   Grue   Scott   Devil
jblank - Detroit Lions   pingwrx   ertic33   gellar   Devil   Scott   Grue   TheMan
pingwrx - Arizona Cardinals   jblank   gellar   ertic33   Scott   TheMan   Devil   Grue
The_Man - Dallas Cowboys   Grue   Devil   Scott   gellar   pingrwx   Ertic33   Jblank
The Grue - New Orleans Saints   TheMan   Scott   Devil   ertic33   gellar   jblank   pingrwx
Devil - Philadelphia Eagles   Scott   TheMan   Grue   jblank   ertic33   pingwrx   gellar
Scott - Carolina Pantehrs   Devil   Grue   TheMan   pingrwx   jblank   gellar   Ertic33
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 06:56:10 PM by Calvin » Logged
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 07:58:56 PM »

Well that clears everything up!  icon_wink

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
depward

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 08:00:07 PM »

Made a quick spreadsheet for everyone:

UPDATED EXCEL WORKBOOK BELOW - DISREGARD THIS ONE
http://christianbk.typepad.com/randombyxian/files/GTSchedule.xls

I guess the logical thing to do would be to PM TML or Calvin about the score of your game and they could tell me so I could update the spreedsheet accordingly.  I'll even include tabs for each player which shows their previous week's scores.  How does that sound?

I honestly don't care about how people decide to do playoffs, whatevs!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:30:52 PM by depward » Logged

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 08:07:45 PM »

Sounds brilliant Depward. I had a spreadsheet too, thats where I copied and pasted that from-but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as yours. Good job man, I like it.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 08:10:27 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 25, 2006, 08:07:45 PM

Sounds brilliant Depward. I had a spreadsheet too, thats where I copied and pasted that from-but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as yours. Good job man, I like it.
Eh, just something I threw up during lunch today.  I'll 'pretty' it up and include tabs for each player for next update.  Perhaps you all could PM me some "quote" I could use for your particular tab page?  Like:

"I'M GONNA SMACK YA IN THE MOUF.  THEN I GONNA SMACK YOUR GIRLFRIENDLY IN THE MOUF."

Just to add some uniqueness to your particular tab   icon_biggrin

depward

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 10:34:44 PM »

UPDATED Gaming Trend Madden League Workbook

http://christianbk.typepad.com/randombyxian/files/GTScheduleComplete.xls

Updated features:

-New individual tabs to keep 'tabs' (no pun intended) on competition
-Color coded for your delight (yes, I went for the whole goddamn RED WHITE & BLUE thing)
-Little team logos next to your name on your tab

What I need:

PM me about a 'quote' you want below your name on the top of your 'tab' (i.e. look at depward's tab for example)

I'll go ahead and keep this current, so when we're playing the league go ahead and PM me your score and who you played.  Maybe we can even incorporate some Gamecast URLs or something for those who wish to scout their opponents   Tongue

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 10:52:31 PM »

Well done, that looks great.

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 10:54:07 PM »

I could update it myself with you dudes giving me the scores and upload the new file every week OR I already imported it into google spreadsheets so I can give you all access (by you all providing me with your e-mail addresses) to the spreadsheet online and you can go in and change everything by yourself.

What say you?

(go ahead, if you want to access it online, and e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you an invite so you can access it online)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:56:27 PM by depward » Logged

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 01:02:15 AM »

Depward this is brilliant. Thanks so much for putting in the effort and a job well done. Of course, I did the hard part with the schedules, but still, fantastic dude.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 03:30:56 PM »

Thanks for the work you guys have put into this...  I've PMed my smack talk, and I'm ready to start playing (or at least practicing if anyone is wanting 'random' matchups) as soon as Wednesday. 

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 04:13:41 PM »

So I open up against PingWRX and his Cardinals huh? Well I will be 0-1. He beat me twice yesterday (once on the final play of the game) and he plays some incredible defense.

I'm ready to play whenever we can to make it official.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 05:03:03 PM »

I'm all set, though I wish we'd get a roster update before we started.  Freakin' EA, ugh.

Depward, you goin' down... Dowwwwnnn, m'man.  You and the Jag-offs can take that da bank.  I don't want to hear no hurricane excuses neither.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 05:09:49 PM »

Yep... ready to pwn with Frank Gore.  He's all I got...

* gellar may choose to start Trent Dilfer
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 05:45:51 PM by gellar » Logged
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 05:35:01 PM »

The Grue is in, but he is in Alaska for two weeks.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 05:45:24 PM »

I have not discussed this recently with TML, but I believe our original idea was to start either one week prior to or the day of the regular season. Roster update will certainly come, but I think it makes little sense to wait on the off chance that EA delays it quite a bit. If we play with inaccurate rosters for part of the season, so be it. Anyways, hopeflly TML will decide shortly.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 10:18:56 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 28, 2006, 05:45:24 PM

I have not discussed this recently with TML, but I believe our original idea was to start either one week prior to or the day of the regular season. Roster update will certainly come, but I think it makes little sense to wait on the off chance that EA delays it quite a bit. If we play with inaccurate rosters for part of the season, so be it. Anyways, hopeflly TML will decide shortly.

I'm ready to go anytime guys just say the word icon_biggrin

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 02:10:08 AM »

What about home vs away games, does it matter?

Also, JLu and I couldn't play tonight because of lag.  Anyone else experience this?  Until the game runs smoothly, it'll be tough to play the league games.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 10:57:14 AM »

Eh, home vs away doesn't matter.  I don't think it sways a game in anyone's favor, at all.  Just who chooses the coin toss...and some funky camera angles (seriously, go play in the HHH Dome, where the Vikings play.  That has got the worst camera angles ever!!  Oh look, BEAMS...and SPEAKERS).

Lack of discussion in here makes me believe if I said READY SET GO to starting the league, many people wouldn't know we were starting it biggrin 

TheMissingLink on PSN
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 12:34:59 PM »

I didn't think home vs away mattered.  Just curious.  I'm more concered about the lag problems, and if anyone else has had them?

---
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 12:47:05 PM »

I get lag whenever I play Calvin.

In about 6 other games, I've had it once, but we decided to do a friendly quit.

TheMissingLink on PSN
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 02:02:31 PM »

The lag when we tried to play last night just made the game unplayable.  A blitz does no good when you can watch the players move step by step and say 'oh, I have eight steps until that guy hits my QB, I'd better throw the ball'

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 03:42:29 PM »

Yeah, I think we all want to start soon, but I am thinknig another week or so to observe the lag issues and see if they are going to get any better any time soon.
Ertic33
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 06:03:35 PM »

My Lord I suck at this game, I am currently 1-13 I believe.

To be fair I have locked up probably 5 of those games. I did a little research and have read that you should not play the game with an offbrand controller, which I was doing.

I will get some game time in today after work to see if I continue to lock up with the wireless controller.

Anyone wanna scrimmage? smile

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 02:58:17 PM »

Quote from: Ertic33 on August 29, 2006, 06:03:35 PM

My Lord I suck at this game, I am currently 1-13 I believe.

To be fair I have locked up probably 5 of those games. I did a little research and have read that you should not play the game with an offbrand controller, which I was doing.

I will get some game time in today after work to see if I continue to lock up with the wireless controller.

Anyone wanna scrimmage? smile

I do. I will be on about 6:00pm EST if you or anyone else wants to play.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 03:10:09 PM »

I rule at this game.  But I've only played Calvin, and he apparently sucks slywink

* gellar is 2-0
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 03:17:12 PM »

Quote from: gellar on August 30, 2006, 03:10:09 PM

I rule at this game.  But I've only played Calvin, and he apparently sucks slywink

* gellar is 2-0

Man you, were up 14-10, and I had just subbed Vince Young in when that DDE hit me. I wouldn't call that one a win you bastard, not my fault my 360 is a peice of shit!!!!

I also think that it might be the Titans that suck, not Calvin  :slywink:
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 03:48:48 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 30, 2006, 03:17:12 PM

* gellar is 2-0

Man you, were up 14-10, and I had just subbed Vince Young in when that DDE hit me. I wouldn't call that one a win you bastard, not my fault my 360 is a peice of shit!!!!

Your sole TD was on a punt return, sir.

* gellar reminds everyone that he plays as the 49ers.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 03:58:20 PM »

Quote from: gellar on August 30, 2006, 03:48:48 PM

Quote from: Calvin on August 30, 2006, 03:17:12 PM

* gellar is 2-0

Your sole TD was on a punt return, sir.

* gellar reminds everyone that he plays as the 49ers.

And it was glorious. Simply glorious.

Tonight (or whenever your schedule allows), we will play a full game out, and I shall demonstrate that I do not, in fact, suck.

* Calvin reminds everyone that the Titans are just as bad, that he plays with Billy Volek, and that Gellars first score was on a crazy ass the game decided no one would tackle him Frank Gore outside handoff that went 68 yards. Now THAT is unlikely [me]
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 04:47:00 PM »

I only broke one tackle on that play.  The game decided none of your players would pursue Frank Gore, because he is awesome.  Also I am busy tonight with the BC poker night.

* gellar has a backfield of Bush and Gore in his Franchise.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2006, 05:01:34 PM »

Ok back on topic.

TML, whats our status?
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2006, 11:03:32 PM »

Why don't we just give the green light and let everybody play their games.  Please change the topic title to reflect this and let's get started.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2006, 12:28:04 PM »

Perfectly smooth online game last vs Devil.  So, at least for me, sometimes it works pretty well smile.

---
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2006, 01:54:59 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on August 30, 2006, 11:03:32 PM

Why don't we just give the green light and let everybody play their games.  Please change the topic title to reflect this and let's get started.

Seconded.

jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2006, 04:48:03 PM »

Sorry if this has been discussed but how do we report game outcomes?  Do we both post the result or just the winner or .. ?

My OnlineLeague-Fu is weak.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2006, 05:09:49 PM »

I would like to see a thread just for reporting games scores, where you report game winner, score, and any stats you might have or impressions from the game. Score is very important in case of tie breakers!
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2006, 02:17:19 PM »

Anyone know which of The_Man's two listed Gamertags is the one he will be using for the league?  I would like to play, but just want to know which to add.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2006, 05:59:35 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 03, 2006, 02:17:19 PM

Anyone know which of The_Man's two listed Gamertags is the one he will be using for the league?  I would like to play, but just want to know which to add.
Has he been unresponsive to PMs?
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2006, 10:14:07 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on September 03, 2006, 05:59:35 PM

Quote from: The Grue on September 03, 2006, 02:17:19 PM

Has he been unresponsive to PMs?

You know, I never thought to try, though I would have to go find out his exact posting name to do it.  Well, I guess I can get off my lazy butt, not.   icon_smile

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2006, 07:36:44 PM »

So the league has started. Has anyone played a game? Should I make a new thread just for game reporting? Whats our status. Is our commissioner still around?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: