http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 08:08:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3] The Last Guardian  (Read 1012 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2011, 06:30:34 PM »

I swear there was an older thread, but for the life of me I cannot find it.  anyways, Ueda, the creator of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, has left Sony:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/39100/Confirmed_Ico_Creator_Fumito_Ueda_Leaves_Sony.php

Following a series of rumors that Ico creator Fumito Ueda has left his position at Sony, Gamasutra can confirm that the esteemed creator is no longer an employee at the company.

In a statement received by Gamasutra on Monday, Sony confirmed that while the creator is no longer working as an employee, he is finishing the upcoming The Last Guardian on a contract basis, and is "committed to completing" the project.

Ueda's sudden departure is particularly significant, as The Last Guardian is still in mid-development, and is very much a product of Ueda's creative influence. In addition, Ueda's pedigree of successful games has placed him among Sony's top developers -- making this move a notable loss for the company.

at least he says he's committed to finishing the game, but only halfway completed?  I'd have figured they'd be getting into the closing stretch by now.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 02:27:40 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 07:49:43 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 13, 2011, 06:30:34 PM

I swear there was an older thread, but for the life of me I cannot find it.  anyways, Ueda, the creator of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, has left Sony:

I was going to post the other story last week,but couldn't find the thread(again i was sure there was one),the other story being that the Ueda was just rumoured at the time but the executive producer(Yoshifusa Hayama)actually has left

This was from 6 days ago
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/328677/the-last-guardian-executive-producer-quits-sony/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-News-RSS

The Last Guardian executive producer Yoshifusa Hayama has resigned.

The news follows claims last week that Ico, Shadow of the Colossus and The Last Guardian creator Fumito Ueda has also left Sony.

The firm has reportedly issued a company-wide gagging order on publicly discussing Ueda's employment situation.

so that's two of the team,and from the other thread i remember the team wasn't that large to start with

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:40:46 PM »

more problems
SONY:-The Last Guardian still having Technical Difficulties

The Last Guardian was conspicuously absent from Sony's E3 press conference on Monday evening - early Tuesday morning UK time.

Why wasn't the long-awaited PS3 exclusive there? Because The Last Guardian is still having "technical difficulties", Sony Worldwide president Shuhei Yoshida told Eurogamer today at E3.

"The team is back in Tokyo is working hard, and there are some technical difficulties that the team is focused on right now," he told us. "That's why we don't have an update."

Problems with The Last Guardian project became apparent when the game's designer, Fumito Ueda, left Sony in December last year.

Since then, we've heard that the game's making "slow progress", and that Sony UK and Sony US are helping Sony Japan build the game.

One theory for the game's prolonged absence is that The Last Guardian will no longer be a PS3 game, and instead be ported to PlayStation 4.

But Shuhei Yoshida seemed to reject this claim.

"What does that question mean [is it still a PS3 game]? It is a PS3 game," he stressed.

Is there a danger it will never see the light of day - will it still actually come out on PS3?

"When we have confidence in saying that, we will talk about it," he answered. "But today, we are working through some engineering effort."

maybe it could be a PS3 game when the PS4 is out,like they did with PS2 games when the PS3 was out

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 10:54:54 PM »

You know, I'd be fine if it turned into a PS4 game for launch. The new consoles are in all likelyhood just a year away.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 10:28:57 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 06, 2012, 10:54:54 PM

You know, I'd be fine if it turned into a PS4 game for launch. The new consoles are in all likelyhood just a year away.

Or two. nod

I hope..
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 02:27:32 AM »

Sony had to "re-do" work on The Last Guardian, still a PS3 game

So what's taking so long? According to Yoshida, Sony Japan Studio has had to completely re-do work that had got the game to a playable state.

"We had the game playable," Yoshida explained. "At one point we felt that it would be produced for a certain time period. That was the time we prematurely talked about the launch window. But it turned out the technical issues are much harder to solve. So the engineering team had to go back and re-do some of the work they had done."

Some have suggested the game has been switched from PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4, which is reportedly due out late next year.

But Yoshida insisted The Last Guardian remains a PS3 title. "The game is developed on PS3," he said.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 09:15:09 AM »

Anonymous Sony Dev:
"I give you my word that it exists. We are working on it."

CVG

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 05:22:07 PM »

in case people have forgotten, they'd like to say they're still working on it.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 05:40:18 PM »

yeah....PS4 title now

I feel it would be wasted if it was released on the PS3 when it does finally get released(if it was released now or even in the next 6 months then fair enough but its doesn't look like it will be)

It would be a crime to release a game with what looks like has great potential,going off their earlier titles and the looks of this one and has been in development for now 6 years on a last gen system(as in when the PS4 is already out),PS4 Launch title sounds better icon_biggrin

as long as of course it doesn't pull an 'Aliens Colonial Marines' when it's finally released  ninja ninja2 <two ninja's for that one

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 07:57:11 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 13, 2013, 05:40:18 PM

yeah....PS4 title now

a former dev is claiming that it has been so for awhile now

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 05:31:08 PM »

we've been waiting for news on this title at this years E3...we now have some,but its not good

Sony exec Jack Tretton just said on Spike that hotly-anticipated PlayStation game The Last Guardian is on hiatus.

At least it hasn't been outright cancelled.....right?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 05:32:27 PM »

this is getting humorous at this point.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 05:35:49 PM »

Yep, they would say it was cancelled if it was. Haitus definitely means that it's not in big active development though, so a small internal group is likely still working on it.

To be honest, it's to be expected. That studio, while it produced great work, really needed to work on expediency. Not to mention the madness of the PS3 architecture didn't help.

I'd rather it be for PS4, with less technical compromises to the vision, than out earlier on the PS3.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 10:32:08 PM »

oh sorry guys,did SONY say on hiatus?..yeah they meant "The game is in active development"

fair enough though,the guys first language is not English

http://kotaku.com/sony-corrects-themselves-says-the-last-guardian-is-not-512720979

"That hiatus termóIím not a native English-speaking personóbut thatís misleading," Yoshida told me a few minutes ago during an interview here at E3. He'd watched Tretton's comments on Spike.com while eating lunch. "The game is in active development. [Lead designer Fumito] Ueda-san shared updates a few months ago. Nothing has changed. My answer is, 'Yes, the game is in active development.' Itís not hiatus at all. But we are not ready to reintroduce it. When we are ready, we will do that. Please wait."

I will gladly still wait  thumbsup

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »

maybe he meant haiku....

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: