http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 04:38:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360]Gears of War-Impressions  (Read 15501 times)
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2006, 05:08:51 PM »

One note about last night....

Moriarty (at least I think it was you...all you COGs look the same to me)....I salute you and your "shotgun of doom".   That was amazing.

- shaggy

TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2006, 05:55:15 PM »

Shotgun's nasty up-close...but I love, LOVE how ineffective it is from anywhere other than in the other person's grill.  And I was worried about hit-detection, but it seems like it takes considerably less time to put someone down with shots to the head with the rifle than to the body.

Hope the MP has staying power...

TheMissingLink on PSN
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2006, 06:20:22 PM »

Shaggydoug: Yep, that was moriarty.  Was amazing to watch her put 3 people down in about as many seconds.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2006, 06:22:01 PM »

Quote from: Irongut on November 10, 2006, 04:41:00 PM

I really really really enjoy this game.  Great fun and hope to catch you again soon (err tonight)

Also had a blast last night with you all, even when Missing Link TK'd two of us at once.  It's alright, I got him back later.... 

Lots of fun, up until Drooper the death-merchant showed up.  Sheesh... icon_wink
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2006, 06:25:05 PM »

Anyone see the irony in this?

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=69805

An EA official talking about lack of innovation in Gears of War. That's pretty hilarious.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2006, 06:37:53 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 10, 2006, 06:20:22 PM

Shaggydoug: Yep, that was moriarty.  Was amazing to watch her put 3 people down in about as many seconds.

Stop encouraging her, I plan on picking this up after work and if I'm to play with you I don't want her in top form. What the hell is she on when she plays these games? Speed? She's faster than a cheeta on coke in shooters. Maybe its her asian side kicking in, they're better at EVERYTHING.

We're assuming I can pull myself away from FF XII by the way. I truly am just in love with FFXII lol.

Do we still plan on getting Rainbow Six and playing that? I've been really looking forward to our tactical shooter nights again.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2006, 06:38:46 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on November 10, 2006, 06:25:05 PM

An EA official talking about lack of innovation in Gears of War. That's pretty hilarious.

There is of course a big debate over in the epic forums about this. 

My question....define innovation....and with that definition.....is what he said true or false?   If false, can you prove with an example from the game?   

I would call Gears "refined"....not innovative.   It's very polished and is a rockin good time.  For that....it gets my high review scores.  It doesn't have to be innovative to get scored well.   

- shaggy

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2006, 07:08:28 PM »

Well sparhawk, it is usually a combination of mtn dew or coca-cola and some kind of sugary snack.  You think it's scary from your side of the screen... you should try sitting in the same room.

Yeah definitely picking rainbow 6 up!

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2006, 07:32:48 PM »

I love it. I just absolutely love GoW. It is far and away the best looking game on any platform (including PC), period. The single player plays like a dream. It is ultra-refined, super smooth, and plays like an incredibly frantic, visceral, cover and shoot action horror/thriller doohickey. The multiplayer is equally polished, equally fun, and I seriously can play it for 2 hours and have it feel like 15 minutes. To write out my full impressions would be to write a full review-but suffice it to say that this is the next-generation killer app for action games, period, and you SHOULD own it.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2006, 07:36:24 PM »

Yeah... but how do you REALLY feel?   icon_biggrin

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2006, 07:36:52 PM »

Just another quick note: I firmly believe that if you want to get the absolute optimal gameplay experience in single-player (ie, the way the game is probably designed and that offers the most satisfying tactics and run and shoot gameplay), play on casual. Hardcorps is..well...its hard. The enemies simply take so many shots to kill that it often feels like you are being robbed some of the tactical mobility and the opportunities to run from cover to cover and shoot and kill along the way-as it is you have to sit in cover, not move, and pound the crap out of a locust until they drop. I finished Act 1 on hardcorps and am halfway through act 2 on hardcorps and I am seriously considering just playing through the rest on casual and then coming back on hardcorps when I play coop (TML hi2u!)-after all, to be honest, the only reason I am still playing it on hardcorps is because I am being an achievement whore. I know..shameful. So just a heads up.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2006, 07:37:34 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 10, 2006, 07:32:48 PM

I love it. I just absolutely love GoW. It is far and away the best looking game on any platform (including PC), period. The single player plays like a dream. It is ultra-refined, super smooth, and plays like an incredibly frantic, visceral, cover and shoot action horror/thriller doohickey. The multiplayer is equally polished, equally fun, and I seriously can play it for 2 hours and have it feel like 15 minutes. To write out my full impressions would be to write a full review-but suffice it to say that this is the next-generation killer app for action games, period, and you SHOULD own it.

In Russia, Gears of War owns YOU!
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2006, 07:38:03 PM »

Quote from: shaggydoug on November 10, 2006, 06:38:46 PM

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on November 10, 2006, 06:25:05 PM

There is of course a big debate over in the epic forums about this. 

My question....define innovation....and with that definition.....is what he said true or false?   If false, can you prove with an example from the game?   

I would call Gears "refined"....not innovative.   It's very polished and is a rockin good time.  For that....it gets my high review scores.  It doesn't have to be innovative to get scored well.   

- shaggy

Oh, I don't disagree that Gears of War may not be the most innovative game out there. In all honesty, there isn't much beyond the whizbang graphics. Yes, it takes from many FSP games but what it does it does extremely well. So, refined is probably an accurate description. What is amusing to me is someone from EA of all companies criticizing the game for it's lack of innovation.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 11, 2006, 12:10:56 AM »

If anybody wants to join me in co-op on hardcore in act 3.. feel free. I didn't have any problems on hardcore up until just before Act 3 ends..

The Torque Bow is evil on hardcore.

If you get stuck... you die.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 11, 2006, 01:02:07 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 10, 2006, 01:49:06 PM

Sorry for not joining up for MP last night. Me and Willie  wanted to play some SP Co-op.   We probably will finish up tonite I think.  We just made it to the cart control room in the factory.

Btw, Factory level is SWEET!

Watch out for SoulChilde, he likes to try out to see if friendly fire is activated in MP  icon_biggrin

Jk Jk, it was really fun with you on the team last night SoulChilde....come back smile

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: November 11, 2006, 02:13:49 AM »

Huzzah!

After all this talking of SP/MP(Co-op/vs.) talk, I finally got my copy of GoW!!!

Time to down some Locust Swarm Scum (or LSS for short  icon_cool)

On a side note: anyone want to co-op this on Hardcore?, I don't play for many hours straight, Uni and such, but I'll gladly play for a while, mind you I'm still getting the hang of it. Raaarrr!!!!

biggrin

Xbox360 Live! Gamertag: Wuigi69
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 11, 2006, 03:10:37 AM »

Apologies if this was mentioned earlier, but has anyone run GoW using the VGA connector to a monitor? Any problems? I'd love to get it, but until they release a demo I'm leery of any VGA problems.

XBL gamertag: jztemple
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 11, 2006, 03:13:11 AM »

Quote from: Roscoe on November 11, 2006, 03:10:37 AM

Apologies if this was mentioned earlier, but has anyone run GoW using the VGA connector to a monitor? Any problems? I'd love to get it, but until they release a demo I'm leery of any VGA problems.

Evidently there is an aspect ratio problem if you are using the VGA adapter and a 4:3 monitor.  I expect it will be patched but no ETA as far as I know. 
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 11, 2006, 03:18:23 AM »

Thanks Kevin. Damn shame, too. I have a crappy standard TV but a killer monitor, and I don't want to have to deal with some weird problem.

XBL gamertag: jztemple
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: November 11, 2006, 03:26:04 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 11, 2006, 03:13:11 AM

Quote from: Roscoe on November 11, 2006, 03:10:37 AM

Evidently there is an aspect ratio problem if you are using the VGA adapter and a 4:3 monitor.  I expect it will be patched but no ETA as far as I know. 

I mentioned this above a ways, but like Kevin said, at resolutions above 640x480 it squishes the screen into a double widescreen thing just like Lego Star Wars 2 does.  And, like that game (and PGR3) don't expect to see this officially acknowledged, let alone patched any time soon.  I am seriously frustrated at the lack of support on these issues. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 11, 2006, 03:28:43 AM »

Yeah, it looks really great on my smaller monitor in HD, but if I want to play split-screen with my brother without squinting, we gotta move the 360 to a larger standard-def television and it looks considerably worse.  I mean, it still looks good, but certainly not even close to how beautiful as it is in HD.

I didn't realize the aspect ratio problem - but looking back on it, I remember thinking that the picture was awfully small on my monitor...

TheMissingLink on PSN
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: November 11, 2006, 04:00:58 AM »

Quote from: shaggydoug on November 10, 2006, 05:08:51 PM

One note about last night....

Moriarty (at least I think it was you...all you COGs look the same to me)....I salute you and your "shotgun of doom".   That was amazing.

- shaggy

*raises hand* that was me.  ^_^  i is da shotgun goddess (or i was for those fights, anyway).  when my adrenaline kicks in, it kicks in hardcore. i felt singularly badass for that woefully short moment in time.  (a nice change from the beginning of the night, when turtle was handing it to me left and right, usually with a side order of explosives.)

on a side note, i think that Mausoleum is my current favorite map.  so many opportunities to lie in wait and blast people in the face with a shotgun...... *bliss*

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 11, 2006, 07:27:05 AM »

So I was loving the game up until the final boss, and now I'm seriously hating it.  It's like every single thing they got right up to now they decided to do the opposite.  Early boses were awesome, clever, and really not very hard.  This fight isn't interesting at all, it's frustrating, and perhaps the worst sin of all- it's got a freakin' unskippable cutscene before it! 

I've been trying this thing for an hour now, and even knowing what to do (via Gamefaqs), I just can't do it.  I'm pretty much ready to ditch this thing and leave it unfinished. 
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 11, 2006, 07:29:37 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 11, 2006, 07:27:05 AM

So I was loving the game up until the final boss, and now I'm seriously hating it.  It's like every single thing they got right up to now they decided to do the opposite.  Early boses were awesome, clever, and really not very hard.  This fight isn't interesting at all, it's frustrating, and perhaps the worst sin of all- it's got a freakin' unskippable cutscene before it! 

I've been trying this thing for an hour now, and even knowing what to do (via Gamefaqs), I just can't do it.  I'm pretty much ready to ditch this thing and leave it unfinished. 

Yeah it took jarrod and I awhile to figure it out.  PS the cutscene is skippable if I remember right it is the X button, but try A B Y X that is what I did and could skip it!

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 11, 2006, 08:32:02 AM »

Bingo!!! nod It`s not perfect, but DAMN close. It has some "issues", if you wanna call them that...but I feel like I`m nitpicking if I say anything Tongue. Very happy both online and offline. I`ve put about 20 hours into this since Wednesday...not the usual for me. GoW thumbsup!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2006, 08:51:44 AM »

Quote from: papasmurff on November 11, 2006, 07:29:37 AM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 11, 2006, 07:27:05 AM

Yeah it took jarrod and I awhile to figure it out.  PS the cutscene is skippable if I remember right it is the X button, but try A B Y X that is what I did and could skip it!

Thank you so much!  X did the trick.  I guess I just assumed that it would be A, Start, or Select.  I think earlier I had tried some other buttons including X, but you half to let the cutscene play for a second or two until you skip it. 

So, that let me have enough patience to beat it.  I'm happy I finished the game, though the ending wasn't worth the frustration in and of itself.  Great game overall though. 

Friendly AI sucked so bad as to be almost embarassing though. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2006, 09:01:11 AM »

Got some more MP in on my 'loaner' system.  So far it seems like if you know where the sniper rifle is and you can get to it quicker than the other team you can pretty much own the map on some of them.  Too bad the game doesn't randomize weapon drops, it would be really interesting.  Also, the chainsaw seems to be kind of spotty.  Sometimes it can be interrupted without a problem and other times there's no stopping it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2006, 11:52:50 AM »

I seriously, SERIOUSLY applaud and congratulate the Epic team on making a 360 game that doesn't have weird framerate hiccups - a gorgeous game that runs flawlessly and looks amazing.  THANK YOU, EPIC!

And the best part - I was DREADING split-screen multiplayer.  I was so worried that it would be unbareable to play because of slowdown, choppiness, etc.  It runs amazingly silky.  Silky smooth.  Kudos, Epic.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 11, 2006, 12:33:36 PM »

Yep.  The split-screen multi is pretty darn nice.  Fun to be able to watch the other pllayer even after you are downed, and I much prefer the horizontal screen split.  Can't stand not having peripheral vision.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: November 11, 2006, 01:46:15 PM »

Gotta nitpick something...........THE RUN BUTTON.

I cannot tell you how many times the Berzerker killed me because I was ROLLING rather than RUNNING. Is there a sure fire way to 100% run, rather than my character constantly rolling first, THEN, running?

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2006, 02:17:35 PM »

Quote from: jblank on November 11, 2006, 01:46:15 PM

I cannot tell you how many times the Berzerker killed me because I was ROLLING rather than RUNNING. Is there a sure fire way to 100% run, rather than my character constantly rolling first, THEN, running?

Push and hold the run button while moving forward. I break into a run every time.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 11, 2006, 03:39:52 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 11, 2006, 09:01:11 AM

Got some more MP in on my 'loaner' system.  So far it seems like if you know where the sniper rifle is and you can get to it quicker than the other team you can pretty much own the map on some of them.  Too bad the game doesn't randomize weapon drops, it would be really interesting.  Also, the chainsaw seems to be kind of spotty.  Sometimes it can be interrupted without a problem and other times there's no stopping it.

I guess that I would have to agree that the sniper is pretty much the key.  But like I have said, the key is really being able to use it.  Headshots count and if you hold still just long enough, or poke your head out, it is likely to get blown off.  I have had it happen to me and caused it to happen to others many times.  I still stick with my previous comments that it is balanced though.  You do have to headshot for the kill, anything else is meaningless. Even with people shooting the same target a missed headshot on a damaged person will only give you a down at most,if they are really hurt.  Could be my bias since the sniper seems to be a weapon that the other team doesn't want to see me grab!

The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 11, 2006, 03:46:32 PM »

I'm going to make an unpopular statement here, but I don't agree with the "killer app" tag for Gears of War.  Let me say that it is a technological masterpiece and is far and away the best looking console game...ever.  BUT, I absolutely hate that you have to shoot someone forever before they die.  It's worse than Halo 2 ever was.  I much prefer a game like Call of Duty 3 or Ghost Recon where if you shoot someone in the head...they die. 

Unless you have the sniper rifle or that bow thing, people just don't die in this game unless you get them with the chainsaw or shotgun from close range.  I played online for about 4 hours the other night and every game we played boiled down to who had the sniper rifle or chainsaw fights.  I got plenty of kills, but 90% of them were just chainsaw kills where I came up behind someone.  One time, three of us were side by side all shooting the same guy and he did not die. 

No doubt that if you liked how Halo 2 handled damage and death, then you'll love Gears of War, but I absolutely hate that when I have a guy dead to rights and empty two or three clips in him and he doesn't die.  What's worse, is he can pop into cover and wait 3 or 4 seconds and he's full health again.

Single player is short...way too short.  A co-worker finished the single player campaign in 6 hours.  Lucky for him he likes the multi-player or how screwed would he feel about the 70 bucks he just dropped on the collector's edition?

I plan on playing through the single player and then getting rid of mine on Ebay or just trade it in.  Like I said, I do think the game is a work of art, but I believe games like Splinter Cell, Rainbow 6, and Call of Duty will have more legs in the long run.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 11, 2006, 04:12:15 PM »

Well, I finished SP Coop last night and I was surprised how short the game really is.  I am impressed and I am looking forward to playing some mp.  Althought, I someimes loathe team vs. team mp.  So if I don't join up please don't take offense

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 11, 2006, 04:28:43 PM »

I usually find single player campaigns in shooters to be pretty boring.  I loved Halo 2 MP but never played 1 second of the campaign except for split screen co-op.  I mainly started playing SP GoW to check out the graphics.  But I stuck with it through the end of act 2 last night.  I think I am actually going to finish the SP. It certainly isn't great storytelling by any stretch.  But I like the flanking and cover mechanics even in singleplayer.  It's not revolutionary, but I like all of the mechanics of shoot and scoot, active reload, teammate revival/deathblow finish off of enemies, roadie run where you can't fire, etc.  It certainly plays alot differently than any console based shooter I've played.  I am looking forward to the multiplayer portion once I finish the campaign. It has been a while since my wife walked into my den and said "Wow" while I was playing a game. 

Is it a killer app? 

Not sure.  I think it will move alot of 360s this fall to people who may have been holding off until Halo 3.  I define a killer app as a game that causes people to buy a system just to play it.  I think GoW might do that better than any previous 360 game.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 11, 2006, 08:32:56 PM »

Seriously, I know this is stupid, but what the hell is a roadie run-I know what it refers to, but where did this term come from?
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: November 11, 2006, 09:20:22 PM »

TM, which part of the game do you have to shoot someone forever?  The single player or the multiplayer?  If it was MP mode, I think you may have been playing the execution mode, which requires an execution move either with the curb stomp at close range or a pistol headshot at range.  If in the single player game, you may have been playing on hardcore difficulty, which is misleading in that it's actually more like a hard setting for a good shooter player, the locust take way too many shots to kill on hardcore difficulty. 

Can't help you with the whole one shot kill thing.  I actually prefer games where you can die reasonably fast in the open, but don't have a lot of one shot kills.

Chainsaw kills can be stopped by simply shooting the guy trying to chainsaw you, it interrupts the chainsaw action leaving him exposed.
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: November 11, 2006, 09:23:38 PM »

Quote from: The_Man on November 11, 2006, 03:46:32 PM

Unless you have the sniper rifle or that bow thing, people just don't die in this game unless you get them with the chainsaw or shotgun from close range.  I played online for about 4 hours the other night and every game we played boiled down to who had the sniper rifle or chainsaw fights.  I got plenty of kills, but 90% of them were just chainsaw kills where I came up behind someone.  One time, three of us were side by side all shooting the same guy and he did not die. 

funny, i don't have that problem except in Executioner and SP...  as long as you shoot them for long enough at a time, they go down just fine.  but if you leave them alone for even about two seconds, a lot of the damage is regenerated, just like it is for you when you duck into cover for a while.  once you realize that you have to harrass a guy to get him dead, it's not so bad.  that, and when you get perfect reloads (no sweat, really), your shots deal more damage for a while, and that can really finish somebody off if they're not expecting it.  i killed a guy once in Mansion when he was hiding behind the bar on the bottom floor and only occasionally peeking his head up, because i kept creeping up on the top floor until i could shoot him even when he was in cover, and then on the next run of the map, i kept being unable to finish people off until they got close enough for me to blast them out of chainsaw and retaliate.  *shrug* if you're having problems getting people dead, i'd say you haven't got the hang of playing MP yet..

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2006, 10:50:49 PM »

Yeah, you really gotta plug the hell out of the locusts on hardcore difficulty. 

I still don't have the hang of hit-locations in MP play, though.  I swear, every time I go toe-to-toe with someone, lancer v lancer, they put me down first.  And I'm aiming for the head.  Is there recoil, perhaps, that isn't being shown by the targeting reticule?

The single-player (and co-op, because I completed Act 1 with Calvin earlier today) is better than I expected it to be.

TheMissingLink on PSN
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2006, 11:03:35 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on November 11, 2006, 10:50:49 PM

Yeah, you really gotta plug the hell out of the locusts on hardcore difficulty. 

I still don't have the hang of hit-locations in MP play, though.  I swear, every time I go toe-to-toe with someone, lancer v lancer, they put me down first.  And I'm aiming for the head.  Is there recoil, perhaps, that isn't being shown by the targeting reticule?

The single-player (and co-op, because I completed Act 1 with Calvin earlier today) is better than I expected it to be.

(this applies to MP) I know that this wouldn't be the case everytime, but perfect active reloads give you extra damage bullets.  It could just be that you are running into someone who just shot off some rounds and has extra damage....  Sometimes I will randomly fire at the start just to get them....I know (Cheap)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 11:07:13 PM by papasmurff » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: