http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 08:23:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360]Gears of War-Impressions  (Read 15016 times)
denoginizer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2006, 12:37:45 AM »

Same story with northeast Ohio Gamestops.  I will probably just get it at Best Buy or Micro Center tomorrow or Friday.  The bright side is now everytime random Gamestop employee asks me to "preorder a game to make sure I get it,"  I'll just smile and say "You mean like Gears of War" and walk away.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 12:54:56 AM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2006, 12:38:27 AM »

When I went in to cancel my preorder at EBGames after the snafu, the guy was telling somebody else there who was looking for his preorder copy about the shipment being stuck in Memphis.

And now...time to take my daughter to volleyball practice.   But come 9:30.....it's GoW time.  They had 40 copies at the BB on my way home from work.

- shaggy

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2006, 12:39:52 AM »

My Gamestop also didnt get it today.  I think I will most likely cancel my preorder and go to Best Buy.  I am pretty much done with Gamestop I think. 

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2006, 12:58:10 AM »

Well, I was able to pick up my pre-order from Gamestop today and that's here in Baltimore, but my buddy who works in Silver Springs couldn't get his cause his orders was stuck in Tenn.   Anyway, he is on the way to Best Buy to get it since they have it in stock

Btw, Arkon is a evil man.  We are playing SP Coop and we decide to take a break.  While playing I get a voice message from papasmurf saying, "Damn! Hard-core!  We might play MP later you up for some?"   Seems that Arkon set our very first play thru on the hardcore difficulty.   eek   No wonder I was getting my ass kicked. 

The game is awesome and it will take some time for me to get used to the cover  and shot playstyle.    All other shooters haven't prepared me for this, but that's a good thing

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2006, 01:05:07 AM »

I love how this thread has been reduced to two pages of people's impressions of acquiring the game itself rather than playing it.   saywhat
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 01:09:24 AM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2006, 01:17:57 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on November 09, 2006, 01:05:07 AM

I love how this thread has been reduced to two pages of people's impressions of acquiring the game itself rather than playing it.   saywhat

Your right.  My initial immpression after 30-45 minute of playing.

I won't mention the graphic much, but I play on a HDTV and they look awesome, but Arkon who I was playing SP Coop with was playing on the standard def tv and he was ohh and ahh over the visuals

Gameplay so far is a nice change of pace.  This isn't Halo or even GRAW.  Shoot and sccot is very important.  If you charge a enemy you will be killed.  The AI so far seems able to flank and react to us flanking.  I haven't seen too many brain dead AI yet.

I haven't tried MP yet other than SP coop, but I hope to get to it tonite.

That's my brief impressions after 30-45 of playing.

LD get you game i have a chainsaw with your name on it  Tongue icon_twisted

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2006, 01:27:26 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 09, 2006, 01:17:57 AM

It's your, i.e. 'get your game'.  Adjectives are your friend!  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2006, 02:43:06 AM »

So if I cancel my preorder with GameStop is there a way to get my $5 returned or applied to a used game or something?  I can't think of anything else I want bad enough to preorder.  It just figures that the only goddamn time I actually give in and preorder something it gets fucked up in the process. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2006, 04:48:45 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 09, 2006, 02:43:06 AM

So if I cancel my preorder with GameStop is there a way to get my $5 returned or applied to a used game or something?  I can't think of anything else I want bad enough to preorder.  It just figures that the only goddamn time I actually give in and preorder something it gets fucked up in the process. 

Yes, you can do either. 
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2006, 05:40:56 AM »

Got in about an hour or so of multiplayer with papa smurf, jarrodhk, et al, and we got in some 3v3. 

Maps are definitely varied.  One was a mostly-indoor shootout featuring a large two-story lobby.  One was mostly open ground with shipping containers.  One featured one team at the top of a three level courtyard, and the other team at the bottom, but with grenades and sniper rifles.

Matches were mostly fast and furious.  Flanking was performed, shots were traded, and most of the time everyone was dead before things started to drag.  It slowed down once or twice when it was down to one person per team and neither could get a bead on the other.

The sniper rifle can be super deadly in the hands of the right person, perhaps too much.  There's just a lot of cover for a good sniper to hide behind, and with teams as small as they are, he can easily take down half your team before you even get a good look at him.  The chainsaw is neat, and as I said in game, I don't think that there's any weapon that couldn't be improved by including a chainsaw, and that includes orbital laser assemblies.

So yeah, thumbs up from me, and I'm looking forward to playing some more so I can stop sucking so much.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2006, 06:07:53 AM »

I've put about an hour or so into the co-op mode and had an absolute blast on it.

And unlike what some review sites say (and my co-op buddy), I'm starting on 'normal'. Also known as Hardcore difficulty. Much more fun that way.  icon_biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2006, 06:11:14 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on November 09, 2006, 05:40:56 AM

orbital laser assemblies.

heh, just ask Jarrod about his encounter with that the other night.  It's always fun experimenting with new devices behind your teammates backs!  icon_twisted

Because I can,
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2006, 09:19:09 AM »

Bah, I like Moriarty's use of the laser o doom better, she actually hits the bad guys!

Of course she was on the other team... that didn't work so well.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2006, 09:24:16 AM »

Only having played the multiplayer, my initial fears of a mindless shooter with super pretty graphics have been squashed.  Calvin and I randomly found pub's, joined up, employed tactics, and it was great, great fun.  It is so satisfying to just slam into a wall for cover.  The game is fun, and I hope that new shininess doesn't wear off after a short while like most next-gen games have sort of offered...

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2006, 10:29:22 AM »

If we get to the point where we find the sniper rifle is making the game a bit unfair, can the host set a game up without that particular gun?

I had read somewhere they were thinking of implementing this option, but I don't know if it made it in to the final game.  I'm just curious if the option exists.

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2006, 11:12:21 AM »

Took some getting used to the controls, especially how all the special moves work with cover.  The roadie run actually automatically puts you into any cover you touch, which is good and bad at times.  You can go directly into the roadie run after using a special move by simply holding down the A button instead of just

I wouldn't suggest anyone start the game on hardcore without another human player.  The teammate AI that is decent enough for casual is simply too brainless to work in hardcore mode. In hardcore, it takes forever just to kill one locust, and you and your teammates take extra damage.  Unfortunately, teammate AI isn't updated to take this into account so your teammates still rush forward into fire when they should just stay put and let you flank.  Your AI teammates just become nuisances that you have to run around reviving and not getting anything done.  Instead, play hardcore with a teammate where two human players can really go at it.

One thing this game is crying out for is 4 player co-op.  So far I've never had less than 3 teammates with my character, and I'm wondering about the main reasons why they didn't include it.  Heck, the story seems to fit 4 player co-op in well.  I think it may be more technical constraints such as framerate instead of story problems.  I know GRAW's 4 player split screen co-op has FPS issues.

For those having problems with certain guns, try playing execution mode.  This mode requires that to actually take someone out of the round, you have to get up close to him and do an execution move, otherwise they automatically revive after a short time.  This means even if you snipe someone, a teammate has to be there to put him down permanently.  The Assassin mode only allows the big guns, like the sniper rifle, to be used by each team's commanders too.

I picked up my copy at Fry's for $10 off.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game.  It's actually a pretty simple game, nothing too new, just presented well and that's fine by me.  The emphasis on cover and flanking are refreshing for a more action oriented game.

There are annoyances with the game, though.

The wounded meter I think is a little too small and too easily confused as the teammate wounded icon.  Instead, they should have used something closer to CoD2 where the edges of the screen get more blurry and red as you take more damage and need to rest.

AI can be both great and frustrating.  They really should have taken a cue from FEAR more and had AI know when to simply park themselves in cover and provide cover fire in the more heated engagements, especially in hardcore difficulty.  FEAR really struck a good balance between units staying in cover and others moving in to flank at the right time.  Not that I don't like it when teammates go forth and get kills on their own, but early on there are a lot of sequences involving locust turrets where my entire team gets killed leaving me to revivie them in the middle of battle, when honestly, those guys should have advanced a lot more cautiously with the turrets around and waited for me to flank.

There's also a problem where some enemies become supermen, run forward into the fire of all four of my teammates and melees me twice and kills me.  I shoot them all I want but the guy keeps coming forward.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 11:15:21 AM by Turtle » Logged
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 09, 2006, 01:27:26 AM

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 09, 2006, 01:17:57 AM

It's your, i.e. 'get your game'.  Adjectives are your friend!  Tongue

I have one for you as well  eek icon_biggrin

NiM$
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2006, 12:41:05 PM »

Does anyone know exactly how voice comm works in warzone games?  I was expecting it to be Rainbow 6 style where you can only talk to your teammate until you got killed, at which point you can only talk to other dead people, but it seems like it's just everyone talking to everyone all the time.  If that is the case, it makes tactics a bit more difficult.

edit:  Never mind.  I RTFMd, and turns out it is like R6.  I must have been hearing things last night.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 12:44:33 PM by Chaz » Logged

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2006, 01:40:50 PM »

I wasn't into the game much at first (almost put it down after an hour) but, after getting a bit into into Act 2, the game is finally starting to click with me.  Still doesn't feel like a 9.5 or 10, but that could certainly change since I have a lot of game left.

I'm very impressed by the level design.  While I'm already getting a bit tired of walking into a room and seeing a whole bunch of barricades seemingly placed by the hand of God to provide perfect cover for the soldiers, there has been enough neat wrinkles here and there to make up for that. 

I would have loved the Beserker section as a change of pace if it hadn't been for Dom's braindead AI that had him dying within two seconds of the creature's appearance most of the time, necessitating repeated reloads that weren't my fault. 

Graphics are simultaneously impressive and not impressive.  Before you guys lynch me- what I mean is that I feel like I've seen so much media on this game that I already felt like I knew what everything was going to look like so I haven't really felt like I needed to pick up my jaw off the floor.  That said, I think they took just about all of that media from the first act so as not to spoil later parts of the game, so I expect I'll be more impressed by the sights from here on out.  What I *am* impressed with though is the rock solid framerate.  I've been very, very frustrated with framerate issues on 360 games that just didn't look that good to begin with, so I had been a bit worried that Gears might be a jerky mess but thankfully that isn't the case at all.

Looks like I'm going to have to play this exclusively until I beat it though.  I didn't see any options for inverting the X-Axis, and after getting used FFXII's inverted X-Axis, Gears was giving me fits at the beginning until I got used to "normal" again.  So no way will I be able to play both games at the same time.  Since GoW is supposedly pretty short, hopefully I'll beat it on Saturday and then I can get back to FFXII. 
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2006, 02:28:13 PM »

There is no way to invert the X axis?

Edit:  I thought you meant the Y axis.

ReEdit:  Final Fantasy has an uneditable reversed X axis?  That would drive me insane.  eek
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 02:30:06 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2006, 02:32:24 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on November 09, 2006, 02:28:13 PM

ReEdit:  Final Fantasy has an uneditable reversed X axis?  That would drive me insane.  eek

Yep.  Very annoying, but I got used to it after an hour and a couple hours after that it was second nature.  Unfortunately that gave me fits going back to a normal X-Axis in Gears. 
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2006, 02:42:56 PM »

My thoughts - xposted from OO

Alrighty then, I was able to get about 2 hours of play in last night.

It's well presented. The opening cut-scene is short, sets up the character, and jumps right into the action. You get an option to fight or train almost immediately. I recommend the training. It's not very long, but it will give you a chance to become semi-comfortable with the controls before hitting the thick of things.

You absolutely want to have a basic feel for the controls. As mentioned elsewhere, the 'A' button does so much, and is so context sensitive, that it'll take some time to get the nuances. I wish they would have broken up some of the actions away from the 'A' button so you could have a bit more precision. I'm also kinda bummed that the stick speed only has basic low/med/high settings rather than sliders for the individual axies. The controls are not terrible, but they could have been better.

Gameplay? Frantic and visceral! Do not mess up by sticking your dome out from cover very often. It's not Tokyo, and you're not Godzilla. You will get a beat down if you think you're going to stand up and fight in the open. Cover is so crucial in GoW, moreso than anything else I've seen. Often games seem to give the enemy AI piss poor aiming, not here...they are as a good a shot as you, if not better. They will take cover, they will flank, they may not be as unpredictable or as self-preserving as a human opponent would be, yet they are using tactics. Your teamamtes are on par with the baddies. I expected them to be a worse than they are because of some complaints on other forums...but they'll do.

I can't comment on squad tactics yet, but hopefully I'll get to those tonight.

I think sounds could have been beefier, but they are good none the less. Voice acting is a bit campy, but it suits the game.

Graphically it's fantastic, as we all seem to know. Some things seem a bit out of place due to half-ass textures...but they are far and few between. The rub is that you can't quite appreciate the look when playing as much as you can while sitting back watching it. There is just so much happening during a firefight that you don't notice the little details as much.

Personally, I think the review scores are a bit high, yet I'd still recommend it to anyone with a XB360. It's a gibbing fun time.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2006, 02:46:17 PM »

Wow, what a beautiful game, probably the best looking game I have ever seen.

Anyone find the little tutorial at the beginning to be less than helpful? I spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out a few of the things I was supposed to do, but overall, I got through though.

I suck, I played for about 30 minutes and am just at the point where you meet the Colonel and he berates you, then you get pinned down. Is that Act 2?

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2006, 02:49:30 PM »

Quote from: jblank on November 09, 2006, 02:46:17 PM

I suck, I played for about 30 minutes and am just at the point where you meet the Colonel and he berates you, then you get pinned down. Is that Act 2?

Heh, no you have quite a ways to go until you get to Act 2.  You can tell when the titles that appear on screen change (the first act is called Ashes). 
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2006, 02:59:23 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 09, 2006, 02:49:30 PM

Quote from: jblank on November 09, 2006, 02:46:17 PM

Heh, no you have quite a ways to go until you get to Act 2.  You can tell when the titles that appear on screen change (the first act is called Ashes). 

Oh ok. I was EXTREMELY rushed and will probably just start over, but what I played, I enjoyed, although the grenade tossing seems a bit unorthodox.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2006, 03:05:30 PM »

Yeah, the grenade interface pretty much sucks.

Anyone have any recommendations on weapons?  I inadvertently switched out  my chainsaw gun for a crappy SMG pretty early and it felt like forever until I found another chainsaw gun so I've been loathe to try any other weapons since then. 
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2006, 03:05:59 PM »

Y button is your friend.  It will make you focus on plot critical stuff.

NiM$
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2006, 03:12:46 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 09, 2006, 03:05:30 PM

Yeah, the grenade interface pretty much sucks.

Anyone have any recommendations on weapons?  I inadvertently switched out  my chainsaw gun for a crappy SMG pretty early and it felt like forever until I found another chainsaw gun so I've been loathe to try any other weapons since then. 

I'm trying to decide what weapon to use if I walk into Gamestop on my lunch our and they tell me they still don't have in in stock.

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2006, 03:23:46 PM »

Orbital laser assembly with chainsaw mount!!!

DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2006, 03:24:36 PM »

My comment is OMFG!

This game rocks, but I will say that I am seeing a great deal of commonality with respect to games like this and GRAW and Rainbow Six Vegas.
I am not saying they are exact, but they play much like each other.

That being said, GoW is adding more realism to the mix. If you stick your head out of cover for more than snap shooting, your dead pretty darn quick.

I've only played for a few hours, but so far this game meets all the hype IMHO.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2006, 03:38:39 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on November 09, 2006, 10:29:22 AM

If we get to the point where we find the sniper rifle is making the game a bit unfair, can the host set a game up without that particular gun?

I had read somewhere they were thinking of implementing this option, but I don't know if it made it in to the final game.  I'm just curious if the option exists.

At the begining when the host sets up the game there is an option to swap weapons and in that option the host can take out the sniper.  I think it is balanced.  The only way to kill someone is a headshot.  If you miss the reload is a bitch to get in time to hit take another shot at it.  It definitely is extremely difficult (I don't think I have) to kill someone non-head shot with it....   Not to mention....there are 2 snipers per level on most of the maps. 

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2006, 03:53:30 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on November 09, 2006, 03:38:39 PM

At the begining when the host sets up the game there is an option to swap weapons and in that option the host can take out the sniper.  I think it is balanced.  The only way to kill someone is a headshot.  If you miss the reload is a bitch to get in time to hit take another shot at it.  It definitely is extremely difficult (I don't think I have) to kill someone non-head shot with it....   Not to mention....there are 2 snipers per level on most of the maps. 

Of course you think it's balanced, you were the one taking off heads with it left and right!   Tongue Tongue

I think it will balance out better once we learn the maps and know where the likely sniper nests are and what routes to use to flank them.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2006, 03:57:03 PM »

Is anybody else running this on a VGA adapter on a 4:3 monitor?  I'm having the same problem as a couple other games (Lego Star Wars 2, PGR3) in that if I go above 640x480 in normal resolutions it gives me double widescreen bars so the visuals are squished into the middle third of the screen.  It's as if the system tells it to limit the display to the widescreen area and then the game itself is putting in another set of black bars and limiting itself within that smaller area.  If I try running in a widescreen resolution it stretches the whole thing to fit the monitor with no black bars (as I would expect).  Stupid system, just work!

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2006, 04:01:02 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on November 09, 2006, 03:53:30 PM

Of course you think it's balanced, you were the one taking off heads with it left and right!   Tongue Tongue

I think it will balance out better once we learn the maps and know where the likely sniper nests are and what routes to use to flank them.

Heh, it's always funny when someone's in the middle of talking to you when they get nailed in the head.  'Hey, what kind of weapon is'<crack!>......  What you really need to do is learn to get the head shots from the hip (i.e. without zooming in). I got at least one doing that the other day.  GAH!  having no working 360 and talking about the game is driving me crazy.  I have the feeling the Core system is in my future...

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2006, 04:02:08 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 09, 2006, 03:57:03 PM

Is anybody else running this on a VGA adapter on a 4:3 monitor?  I'm having the same problem as a couple other games (Lego Star Wars 2, PGR3) in that if I go above 640x480 in normal resolutions it gives me double widescreen bars so the visuals are squished into the middle third of the screen.  It's as if the system tells it to limit the display to the widescreen area and then the game itself is putting in another set of black bars and limiting itself within that smaller area.  If I try running in a widescreen resolution it stretches the whole thing to fit the monitor with no black bars (as I would expect).  Stupid system, just work!

Pretty sure I saw a comment from Epic's Mark Rein talking about the aspect ratio in the game being bugged under certain conditions. 
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2006, 04:21:42 PM »

I have to admit - 3 hours in and I'm feeling a little underwhelmed.  It's easily the best looking game out there, and the sound is fantastic but the gameplay and bugs are tarnishing the experience for me a bit.  The combat is good, but getting repetitive and the levels are extremely linear.  The bezerker battle was a nice change of pace and left me wishing for more variations like it.

The bugs are what's killing me though - I've run into a ton of instances in levels now where the AI/level trigger gets 'stuck' and I have to restart.  The worst offender was the part where:
Spoiler for Hiden:
you were defending the robot from the little gollum looking dudes while he opened the door.  Twice I cleared out the enemies only to have the robot get stuck and the door not open.  Another two times all visible enemies would be cleared, but the squad would be shooting at an invisible enemy on the ceiling (also preventing the door trigger from happening).  Finally on the 5th try the door opened when it was supposed to.

I've had two crashes as well.... me thinks the game wasn't quite all the way cooked.

I didn't get a chance to try multiplayer, so hopefully that will restore some of the shine for me.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2006, 04:32:33 PM »

Quote from: Dimmona on November 09, 2006, 04:21:42 PM

I have to admit - 3 hours in and I'm feeling a little underwhelmed.  It's easily the best looking game out there, and the sound is fantastic but the gameplay and bugs are tarnishing the experience for me a bit.  The combat is good, but getting repetitive and the levels are extremely linear.  The bezerker battle was a nice change of pace and left me wishing for more variations like it.

The bugs are what's killing me though - I've run into a ton of instances in levels now where the AI/level trigger gets 'stuck' and I have to restart.  The worst offender was the part where:
Spoiler for Hiden:
you were defending the robot from the little gollum looking dudes while he opened the door.  Twice I cleared out the enemies only to have the robot get stuck and the door not open.  Another two times all visible enemies would be cleared, but the squad would be shooting at an invisible enemy on the ceiling (also preventing the door trigger from happening).  Finally on the 5th try the door opened when it was supposed to.

I've had two crashes as well.... me thinks the game wasn't quite all the way cooked.

I didn't get a chance to try multiplayer, so hopefully that will restore some of the shine for me.

When I played through the game with Jarrod I didn't ever have any problems with the game and we ran it for 7hrs- all the way through.  Hopefully this is only isolated.

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2006, 04:36:22 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on November 09, 2006, 03:53:30 PM

Yeah I know I was being a dick and for that I am sorry.......but when your team's tactic is to target me first...well I gotta survive..... icon_lol  nod

You are right, once people know the maps it will be harder to snipe.  There is nothing like using decoys though.  You might be shooting at someone else just so a sniper can line up the head shot.......

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2006, 05:18:13 PM »

Hey, no hard feelings.  If you can pop heads with the sniper rifle, you pop heads with the sniper rifle.  Back in the Unreal Tournament days, I was a monster with the flak cannon, and I had no problem using it, frequently and with prejudice.  All's fair in love and war.  Keep on shooting, and eventually we'll figure out how to keep our heads out of your line of fire.  biggrin

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2006, 06:17:35 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on November 09, 2006, 05:18:13 PM

Hey, no hard feelings.  If you can pop heads with the sniper rifle, you pop heads with the sniper rifle.  Back in the Unreal Tournament days, I was a monster with the flak cannon, and I had no problem using it, frequently and with prejudice.  All's fair in love and war.  Keep on shooting, and eventually we'll figure out how to keep our heads out of your line of fire.  biggrin

Lol I know it is part of the game but you never want to be that jerk that sucks the fun out of the game..... But I will keep on firing!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: