http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 11:12:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360]Bioshock  (Read 31855 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: August 24, 2007, 09:17:17 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on August 23, 2007, 02:07:59 PM

I'm not sure I'm really big on the way the shooting and plasma interface is implemented.  Specifically the fact that the first time you switch from one to the other it doesn't trigger the action but instead just brings up the hand ready for use.  That makes it much harder to combo.

In the PC version, you can find a key to "Switch to Plasmid and Fire" or "Switch to Weapon and Fire" which means when you hit the button it switches to either weapon and fires it immediately.

The reason why they went with this switching mechanic was technical mostly, and has to do with now the animations are handled.  Because your current plasmid choice is represented by your hand taking on various effects, and certain weapons needing two hands, it can be hard, and memory intensive, to blend between both animations and effects.  Hopefully direct plasmid and weapon interaction will come in Bioshock 2 (which you know is coming if they leave things any bit open at the end, which I have no idea if they will).  I foresee things like using the ignite plasmid with a chemical thrower to create superheated napalm for extra damage, or something similar.

Remember that bodies, and some containers have audio logs in them, but that's a rare situation.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2007, 12:56:10 PM »

After deleting the demo I decided to re-download it and try again to see why it was not grabbing me.  Let me head off the snide remarks first:  no, I do not need a game to have gothic clad beautiful women with witch-like powers to enjoy the game.  There. 

I played the demo again last night how I should play these games:  slowly, methodically and with feeling.  I definitely enjoyed it much more.  The first time I played the demo I just jumped in because of the universal hype and praise for the demo.  When I take a game like this slow I can appreciate it more.  And I had a great time.  Therefore, I'm off to Circuit City today to get the $10 off and pick it up - assuming they have some copies.

I have a question though.  Can you play the game without using Plasmids at all?  I assume you cannot because in the demo you can't open that one door without the electrify Plasmid.  I would love to try to play the game through without using Plasmids because if I was stuck in that situation I would never inject a syringe into myself and risk turning into one of the unfortunate denizens of Rapture myself.  It goes against my nature.  Heck, I played both KOTOR's without once ever taking any of those enhancing drug things.  It would be nice if the designers gave you that option of trying to get through the game without using Plasmids.  Any thoughts on this?

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 24, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on August 24, 2007, 12:56:10 PM

After deleting the demo I decided to re-download it and try again to see why it was not grabbing me.  Let me head off the snide remarks first:  no, I do not need a game to have gothic clad beautiful women with witch-like powers to enjoy the game.  There. 

I played the demo again last night how I should play these games:  slowly, methodically and with feeling.  I definitely enjoyed it much more.  The first time I played the demo I just jumped in because of the universal hype and praise for the demo.  When I take a game like this slow I can appreciate it more.  And I had a great time.  Therefore, I'm off to Circuit City today to get the $10 off and pick it up - assuming they have some copies.

I have a question though.  Can you play the game without using Plasmids at all?  I assume you cannot because in the demo you can't open that one door without the electrify Plasmid.  I would love to try to play the game through without using Plasmids because if I was stuck in that situation I would never inject a syringe into myself and risk turning into one of the unfortunate denizens of Rapture myself.  It goes against my nature.  Heck, I played both KOTOR's without once ever taking any of those enhancing drug things.  It would be nice if the designers gave you that option of trying to get through the game without using Plasmids.  Any thoughts on this?

I think you're genre-bending a bit. What you're describing is a RPG, which BS isn't. I know what you're saying, and appreciate your sense of role-playing a game the way you would react if it were a real life situation. I think to have an atmospheric FPS some things have to be left out. There are limited role playing opportunities within BS, you'll know them when you get to them in game.
But at its core BS is a straight up horror shooter.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: August 24, 2007, 01:17:19 PM »

I have a question though.  Can you play the game without using Plasmids at all?

Short of that one door that you have to shock open... *thinks*
No. There's two points you have to have a Plasmid - the one door (although you will miss others in the future if you don't use it, although I think those are all optional), and then you have to specifically get another Plasmid just for using it to get past another 'door' later on (being vague to avoid spoilers for you).

Beyond that, yeah, you can go with a no Plasmid run. Will your life be a LOT more difficult if you do so? You better believe it. The game was designed so that you always had access to both kinds of attacks (weapons and Plasmids). You can get some powerups later on that'll make your life bearable with a weapon only run, but until that point, it's gonna be ugly.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 24, 2007, 01:28:23 PM »

Destructor, I think you need more than that (early game spoilers)-

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm assuming the other "door" you are referring to is getting by the obstruction using TK to get to the mad surgeon.  But IIRC you have to have incinerate in order to get to the area where you get the TK. 

And Starshifter, even if you didn't need plasmas to progress, I doubt you would get very far in the game because of sheer difficulty. 
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 24, 2007, 01:35:59 PM »

I have a question though.  Can you play the game without using Plasmids at all?
Straight answer...NO.. you wont get far in the game without it. At one point you will be at a dead stop.
If you want to not do something, you can, not drink the liquor and stay sober. icon_lol

edit
I tried not to spell it out, because people still tend to read spoilers then kick them selves. So like Kevin said, he beat me to the post.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 01:39:19 PM by juniordan » Logged

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 24, 2007, 01:47:31 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on August 24, 2007, 01:13:10 PM

I think you're genre-bending a bit. What you're describing is a RPG, which BS isn't. I know what you're saying, and appreciate your sense of role-playing a game the way you would react if it were a real life situation. I think to have an atmospheric FPS some things have to be left out. There are limited role playing opportunities within BS, you'll know them when you get to them in game.
But at its core BS is a straight up horror shooter.
There are certianly RPG elements there, so it's really hard to label it as a pure shooter. Damn immersive game though, I have to say with lights off and sound up I'm squealing like a girl when something comes to get  me.   icon_wink

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 24, 2007, 01:55:59 PM »

Thanks guys I appreciate the responses.  I'll approach the game from the angle that I must do what I have to do in order to solve this mystery but I will limit my use of Plasmids.  In other words (thinking in character) I'm hoping that I can use just enough of the evil nectar to be able to solve the mystery, but not enough to transform myself.  It adds another sense of fun to the game for me:  I'm nervous because I have to inject this crap into me but know that it is a necessary evil to get to the bottom of things.  I can imagine my character worrying that each injection brings him closer to transforming therefore I must limit its use.  How cool is that!  This is exactly how I approach games.

I hope CC has some copies left.

XM Channel 76
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 24, 2007, 01:59:39 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on August 24, 2007, 01:55:59 PM

If not check and see if Best Buy has it in stock (you can even use their online locator).  Then, if you don't already have the CC ad, go into CC and pick up one their ads instore and take it to Best Buy for price match. 
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 24, 2007, 02:34:51 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on August 24, 2007, 01:59:39 PM

If not check and see if Best Buy has it in stock (you can even use their online locator).  Then, if you don't already have the CC ad, go into CC and pick up one their ads instore and take it to Best Buy for price match. 

Yes, I know.  However, CC is a simple hop, skip and jump from work while BB is a 45 minute drive home.  I could imagine asking my boss if I could go home early so I can buy Bioshock.  Although, I work for the government so I waste time anyway.   ninja

XM Channel 76
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 24, 2007, 02:44:28 PM »

Thanks guys I appreciate the responses.  I'll approach the game from the angle that I must do what I have to do in order to solve this mystery but I will limit my use of Plasmids.  In other words (thinking in character) I'm hoping that I can use just enough of the evil nectar to be able to solve the mystery, but not enough to transform myself.  It adds another sense of fun to the game for me:  I'm nervous because I have to inject this crap into me but know that it is a necessary evil to get to the bottom of things.  I can imagine my character worrying that each injection brings him closer to transforming therefore I must limit its use.  How cool is that!  This is exactly how I approach games.

it also sounds like you want to play on Easy.  Normal can get pretty hectic even with generous applications of the Plasmids.  And I cannot imagine taking down a Big Daddy without using them.  And then there's the automated turrets.... good god, this game is going to make you cry  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 24, 2007, 04:10:27 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on August 23, 2007, 02:07:59 PM

I'm not sure I'm really big on the way the shooting and plasma interface is implemented.  Specifically the fact that the first time you switch from one to the other it doesn't trigger the action but instead just brings up the hand ready for use.  That makes it much harder to combo.

For example (slight spoiler), going up against one Big Daddy, he would shoot at me and then periodically throw proximity mines at me.  Those proximity mines are great to throw back at him.  However when he's not throwing them I would prefer to be pumping him full of lead, or shocking him with Electric buckshot.  But what I found is that because of the delay in going from a weapon to a plasmid, I couldn't switch from the gun to TK in time when I saw a mine flying at me. 

I'm not really sure I understand why they went with this approach and not just "Right Trigger fire weapon" and "Left Trigger Fires Plasmid" with no "getting ready" step. 

I'm pretty sure that if you hold the trigger instead of tapping it, that it will switch AND shoot as one action.  I saw a hint tip in game for this on how to combo with the shock.

BTW, anyone else going a pure combat route?  I'm trying to stick with physical and combat tonics and not going to heavily into the hacking or plasmids. Playing it more like a old shooter first, then going to open it up next time through.  Looks like you can do some sick things with the wrench if you go this route.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 24, 2007, 04:50:20 PM »

I know how much you like to play a game as if you yourself were thrust into the gameworld (ala Kevin Flynn in Tron), whereas I really enjoy playing games as if I were playing the role of the particular lead character (I play R6 as if I am an elite counter-terrorist soldier, not the real-life moisturizing pretty-boy known as PeteRock).  And so, in the case of Bioshock, even though I would probably never inject myself with an unknown substance (although even though it's "just a game" I still refuse to smoke any of the cigarettes found in Rapture, and I won't drink the Merlot because "I'm not drinking any fucking Merlot"), in the case of the character in Bioshock, he (which is in essence the player) has been thrust into an unreal situation.  He has crash landed in the middle of the Atlantic, and in order to avoid drowning he has found refuge on a strange island near the wreckage of the plane he was traveling on.

And right from the start I'm able to approach the game as if I were playing as the lead character, and I am able to play the lead role at least to some extent as if it were me, but because it's a game I am also able to play in such a way as if I am the lead character, rather than the lead character being me.  Does that make sense?  I play as if I am playing the role of the lead character, rather than playing as if I personally am in the game.  And so to some extent I can inject some of my own personality into the game by thinking how I would react, but I'm also able to tailor my gameplay to fit how the character would react.  For example, in the case of R6, if it were me in the game, I might not be as likely to lead an elite team of soldiers into a hostage situation.  I'd probably find the nearest salon and have a pedicure while someone else handled the situation.  But, since I am playing the role of the lead character, I have no problem rapelling down the side of a building to put a bullet in the head of a bastard terrorist.  I can always celebrate with a spa treatment after I rescue the hostage. 

When I discovered a strange door in the base of the lighthouse in Bioshock, both the real-life PeteRock and the in-game character felt compelled to explore what was inside.  Hell, as a kid I was notorious for exploring things I probably shouldn't have.  And so that same level of curiosity translates into my gameplay (I've explored the crap out of Oblivion, not because my knightly character would, but because I love to explore).  But when I stumbled upon a strange vending machine that offered to provide me with the means to open an electronically sealed door, I was intrigued.  However, in real life would I inject myself with a strange hypodermic needle?  Normally, no.  But, in terms of the situation my video game character was in, I needed to find a way out, and the only way out was through that electronically sealed door.  And, even though you right now fear becoming one of the unfortunate inhabitants of Rapture, in the case of the game you shouldn't know anything about those people just yet.  How would the main character know that he was on the way to becoming a splicer himself if he uses the needle?  He shouldn't even know what a splicer is just yet.  And because you are playing a game, you are able to explore and experiment without any real-life consequences (other than wetting your drawers when a splicer catches you off-guard). 

And so my character injected himself with the needle.  But that decision also caused me to embark on a personal psychological journey, all within in a video game.  Do I possess the personal discipline to only use the power at my fingertips when necessary in order to survive, or will the alure of pure, limitless power overcome me?  I'm really not entirely sure, as I have never found myself in such a situation before.  Sometimes extreme adversity brings out the best in a person, and sometimes it brings out the worst.  Because I own the game, I can explore both scenarios.  If I consider the character to be somewhat like myself, I may try to limit my plasmid usage so as not to "stoop to the level" of the inhabitants of Rapture (acting almost as a sort of Batman, holding on to my personal beliefs of compassion and justice so as not to become like those that I fight).  But, I am also free to explore the possibility that the real-life PeteRock might actually become obsessed with the power to have a perfect complexion and the ability to electrocute anyone that stands in the way of my vision of male perfection.  Even though I continue to ask what I would do as I play the game, I also continue to consider what the character would do and I'm able to develop somewhat of a blend of reasoning. 

As I play the game, the real-life PeteRock really finds some of the plasmid powers to be pretty F-ing cool.  I'm actually starting to become somewhat obsessed with how powerful I could become in the game.  Plus, it is a matter of survival.  When faced with five or six splicers at once, the ability to take them all out in a puddle of water with the flick of a wrist in order to save my own skin is pretty tough to give up.  But, I have not yet been faced with the decision of whether I will harvest or save the Little Sisters, and I'm wondering which path I may take.  In real-life I wouldn't kill a little girl, but in the game, can I resist the alure of so much power?  I'm not really sure.  And these questions are what make me like this game so much.  It causes me to question myself, to question how I play games, and to question the very essence of what is "right" and what is "wrong."  Is there an inherent "right" and an inherent "wrong", or is it merely a question of relativity or perception?  Is killing a Little Sister "wrong"?  They are genetically mutated "creatures," aren't they?  Or are they truly little girls?  Is playing a game as a vicious, merciless killer hell-bent on world domination a reflection of my real-life personality?  Should I worry about what that says about me as a person?  I should hope not.  But even if I know the kind of person I am, Bioshock still forces me into situations that make me question what I know to be true.  I know that I am a good (and rather handsome) person, but as I play the game I am really enjoying the powers made available to me.  As a gamer they're hella cool.  But as a person would I think the same way in real-life?  Suddenly I'm not so sure anymore. 

I'm not sure if that helps set your mind at ease as to whether you should use the plasmids or not, but I think part of what makes this game so great is that you have to consider questions just like this.  Bioshock can really get inside your head if you let it, and that to me is the mark of an exceptional game.  You and I have both agreed that a good game has you thinking about it even while at work.  Bioshock goes beyond that, and even forces you to think about real-life questions outside of the game world.  I've never in my life experienced such a game.  I'm am glad that you plan to take the same journey.  It'll be one you never forget.     

Ah, six paragraphs.  I've been working in the field too much to make my usual contribution to GamingTrend.  PeteRock is back.   icon_cool         
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 04:54:27 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: August 24, 2007, 05:55:04 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on August 24, 2007, 01:28:23 PM

Destructor, I think you need more than that (early game spoilers)-

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm assuming the other "door" you are referring to is getting by the obstruction using TK to get to the mad surgeon.  But IIRC you have to have incinerate in order to get to the area where you get the TK. 

Yeah, you're right - I forgot that part. Is there any other spot where you absolutely need a power to progress...

BTW - here's one general tip that you all might find useful as you get much later in the game:

There's one point where the in-game arrow clearly tells you to go forward, yet you're blocked by a clear door that won't open no matter what you do with it. You'll find an elevator nearby that has a CALL BUTTON you must actually push to open. This is a pain moment unless you really look around, as until this point, you've not had to deal with any doors that require you to push a button to open.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 05:59:31 PM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 24, 2007, 11:36:11 PM »

i got bioshock today ,and i have just spent the last 40 minutes trying to find out a) how to play back the diaries,i picked one up,but as i held A nothing happen,so i have tried to find out what it says

..and b)having just got telekinisis..i only have 2 slots though,how do i put fire back into the two slots along with electric?,or have i now lost fire?

looked in the instructions but cant find anything....i looked under diaries in the back menu,and it told me to find them in the back menu......WTF???

EDIT:I have now found the diaries it ws in a all to obvious place and my head has now turned into a donkeys
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 11:38:25 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 24, 2007, 11:46:29 PM »

You can hit select to go the map, then scroll through the different sections.  One is for radio messages and you can play them all back.  I've made it to Arcadia now and this game just gets better and better.  Also a minor note for those debating whether to rescue the Little Sisters or not, it looks like in the end it will all even out as so choose whichever you feel best suites your playstyle.

I also wanted to mention. Very minor spoiler.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Oh yeah the Houdini splicer was both extremely cool and extremely scary
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: August 24, 2007, 11:49:42 PM »

Well, I just got to the point in the game where... Well... I can't say that. Hmmm... I can't say that either.

Let's just say you'll VERY clearly know what exactly I'm talking about when you get to it. And it'll really make you think.

I need to finish the game and make a spoiler-filled topic just to discuss what happened over the course of the game. biggrin

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 25, 2007, 01:04:32 AM »

Quote from: StitchJones on August 24, 2007, 11:46:29 PM

You can hit select to go the map, then scroll through the different sections.  One is for radio messages and you can play them all back.  I've made it to Arcadia now and this game just gets better and better.  Also a minor note for those debating whether to rescue the Little Sisters or not, it looks like in the end it will all even out as so choose whichever you feel best suites your playstyle.

I also wanted to mention. Very minor spoiler.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Oh yeah the Houdini splicer was both extremely cool and extremely scary

thanks,the back screen where the messages were were under 'welcome to the world of rapture'..or something like that,i thought that was the title of the page

and i have just found out how to create new slots...bastard game,i thought i already could switch

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 25, 2007, 01:11:30 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 24, 2007, 04:50:20 PM

Tongue

Because I can,
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 25, 2007, 02:26:03 AM »

Help! I'm early in the game and I think I messed up!

Spoiler for Hiden:
Early in the game (in the Medical Wing, I think), I found the plasmid that makes two enemies attack each other. I didn't want to replace one of the two plasmids I was using, so I didn't equip it. I just got to my first gene station (or whatever they're called) and I realize now I never picked it up! Can I go back to get it? Does anyone remember where it can be found?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 25, 2007, 03:25:58 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 25, 2007, 01:11:30 AM

Quote from: PeteRock on August 24, 2007, 04:50:20 PM

Tongue
thumbsup
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 25, 2007, 03:55:19 AM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on August 25, 2007, 02:26:03 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Early in the game (in the Medical Wing, I think), I found the plasmid that makes two enemies attack each other. I didn't want to replace one of the two plasmids I was using, so I didn't equip it. I just got to my first gene station (or whatever they're called) and I realize now I never picked it up! Can I go back to get it? Does anyone remember where it can be found?

You should be able to.  It was in the machine where you get to decide what to do with the first Little Sister, just after the Surgeon.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 25, 2007, 03:55:48 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

They get stored automatically if you don't equip them.  Later on you will find Gene Banks that will let you swap them at will. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 25, 2007, 04:02:08 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on August 25, 2007, 03:55:48 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

They get stored automatically if you don't equip them.  Later on you will find Gene Banks that will let you swap them at will. 

sounds like he didn't actually buy it.

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2007, 04:57:27 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 25, 2007, 04:02:08 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Well, if you didn't buy it, it'll show up again either at the same place to buy it, or if/when you hit the next level, you'll see it available to buy again, but this time at a slightly cheaper cost. This holds true of all non-direct stat upgrades (any upgrade you can buy that is anything but max health +, more combat slots, more Plasmid slots, etc).

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2007, 02:29:37 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

Yep, I didn't realize you had to buy it. Time for some backtracking!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 25, 2007, 02:46:43 PM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on August 25, 2007, 02:29:37 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Yep, I didn't realize you had to buy it. Time for some backtracking!

Just make sure there's more than one enemy around when you use it otherwise you'll be the focus of it, and be careful to hit the right enemy-  Big Daddy's aren't recommended.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 25, 2007, 03:22:42 PM »

so, what are people upgrading in terms of weapons?  so far I've upgraded the damage on the shotgun, grenade launcher and machine gun and I think the next one I find will be used on the MG's kickback unless I find a new toy beforehand.

Because I can,
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 25, 2007, 04:05:16 PM »

Sheesh, I'm still in Netune's Bounty after about eight plus hours on the game. I must be playing slower than you guys.

XBL gamertag: jztemple
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 25, 2007, 04:09:59 PM »

Quote from: Roscoe on August 25, 2007, 04:05:16 PM

Sheesh, I'm still in Netune's Bounty after about eight plus hours on the game. I must be playing slower than you guys.

Nah, I am at the same place after the same amount of time.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 25, 2007, 04:50:45 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on August 25, 2007, 04:09:59 PM

same here...i'm taking my time and trying not to miss anything.  i've also decided not to take advantage of the Vita-Chambers, so i reload my last save any time i die...slows me down a little more...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 25, 2007, 05:22:07 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 25, 2007, 03:22:42 PM

so, what are people upgrading in terms of weapons?  so far I've upgraded the damage on the shotgun, grenade launcher and machine gun and I think the next one I find will be used on the MG's kickback unless I find a new toy beforehand.

i didnt know/realise the machine only lets you upgrade 1 weapon before shutting down....so oblivious to that,i just went straight ahead and upgraded the first weapon choice....i upgraded my pistol ammo quantity...now it looks like my pistol has another 6 round chamber on the side of the gun

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: August 25, 2007, 05:27:23 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 25, 2007, 03:22:42 PM

I highly recommend the damage upgrade on the machine gun and the shotty (as well as the refire speed on the shotty and the accuracy one for the MG), as well as the two upgrades for the next gun down the line (trust me - you'll all love it smile but you gotta have the ammo-reduction on it before it gets entertaining to use). However, don't worry if you mess an upgrade up somewhere - I'm at the very end of the game, and I have every weapon upgrade short of one.

And the pistol upgrade you got metal - you quadrupled the ammo per clip. 24 bullets. Too bad they really don't do much in the way of damage short of headshots.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 25, 2007, 08:05:42 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on August 25, 2007, 04:09:59 PM

I restarted on the PC but was there in the 360 version when I stopped in about 5 hours. Now its taken me about 4 hours to get to the same place, I think we are just enjoying everything biggrin
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: August 25, 2007, 08:21:06 PM »

Actually, the pistol is pretty deadly with the ammo and damage upgrade.  You'll use it more than the machinegune when you need accurate fire.  Plus it'll kill even some late game splicers with one shot with anti-personnel rounds.  The armor piercing rounds will also down a security drone in one shot.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: August 25, 2007, 09:37:06 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on August 25, 2007, 08:21:06 PM

Actually, the pistol is pretty deadly with the ammo and damage upgrade.  You'll use it more than the machinegune when you need accurate fire.  Plus it'll kill even some late game splicers with one shot with anti-personnel rounds.  The armor piercing rounds will also down a security drone in one shot.

Well, I use other weapons
Spoiler for Hiden:
the crossbow
for my one-shot needs, especially with the weapon upgrades
Spoiler for Hiden:
basically unlimited ammo, along with an added damage increase - it's rare when I don't one-shot somebody.
And you blow up your drones? Man... I use those turrets and cameras to my advantage (and one heck of an advantage at that). biggrin

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 25, 2007, 10:35:36 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 25, 2007, 09:37:06 PM

Well, I use other weapons
Spoiler for Hiden:
the crossbow
for my one-shot needs, especially with the weapon upgrades
Spoiler for Hiden:
basically unlimited ammo, along with an added damage increase - it's rare when I don't one-shot somebody.
And you blow up your drones? Man... I use those turrets and cameras to my advantage (and one heck of an advantage at that). biggrin

get off easy mode............. icon_cool J\K.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: August 26, 2007, 12:22:52 AM »

Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 26, 2007, 01:42:33 AM »

The pistol is the perfect weapon for leaping out and getting that surprise headshot.  I think I use it more than the MG.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: August 26, 2007, 04:29:21 AM »

Anti personnel rounds are more common for the MG though, useful to mow down groups of high level splicers.

Edit:

I'm pretty sure I'm near the end now.  On one hand, I'm sad because it's almost over, and worried since I played it through so fast, but then again I'm playing so fast because this is my last free weekend before I do nothing but schoolwork for the next 5 months, then internship/apprenticeship.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 04:47:26 AM by Turtle » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: