http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 05:57:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] When are Gamestops getting their 2nd/3rd shipments?  (Read 1313 times)
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2005, 04:58:12 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm nearly positive that I won't be on the first shipment for my 360.  I have the 2nd SKU, 995534,  listed in the Shortage thread.  In typical Gamestop fashion, they've provided me little info other than "wait for a phone call."

My issue is, I'm leaving town for Thanksgiving weekend and don't want the stupid thing to arrive that weekend and have me unable to pick it up (thus giving them the right to hand my preorder to someone else).

Does anyone know when Gamestop should be receiving their 2nd/3rd shipments?

gellar
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 06:00:20 PM »

From my Gamestop, their best guess (and it's only a guess) that the second shipment should come out a week or so after launch. Maybe.

Beyond that, the best I've heard is that they intend to have all preorders filled before Christmas. But that's only a guess/assumption as well.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 06:54:50 PM »

My EB (heck they are the same company anyhow now) claimed that it would be a week after the initial shipment.

I'm still going to make a halfhearted attempt to buy it elsewhere on Tuesday -- and if I manage to, I'll hit EB and turn my $50 down into whatever my second game is going to end up being.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 06:56:24 PM »

Quote from: "JLu"
I'm still going to make a halfhearted attempt to buy it elsewhere on Tuesday -- and if I manage to, I'll hit EB and turn my $50 down into whatever my second game is going to end up being.

Pretty much what I'm going to do.  I'll hit Circuit City's website tomorrow, and if that fails, well... yeah, that's it.

gellar
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 07:43:27 PM »

My brother works for a Gamestop now.  I'll ask him when his store is expecting a second shipment and get back to the thread ASAP.

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 07:53:40 PM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"
My brother works for a Gamestop now.  I'll ask him when his store is expecting a second shipment and get back to the thread ASAP.

Mike

Groovy. Thanks Mike.

gellar
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 08:28:21 PM »

I'm on the list for the second shipment, and earlier in the week the manager at my Gamestop claimed it would be a week afterwards.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 09:15:39 PM »

We have no idea.  If you got an automated call yesterday it said probably before Christmas.  If you get an automated call today it will say probably after Christmas.  If you get an automated call tomorrow it will say probably next year.   I don't know what the dates that separate those ended up being.

However, once this all gets out I suspect a lot of pre-orders will be cancelled as people try and get one somewhere else and by the time all the dust settles the estimates could be much different.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 02:49:23 AM »

Well fucky, it did say after Christmas.  Dah well.

gellar
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 03:35:06 AM »

I got an automated call from Gamestop today telling me that Perfect Dark Zero would be in for me tomorrow afternoon! smile

It also made clear that any preorders made for the Xbox 360 after May 23rd would not be filled on launch day and the street date on the system was November 22nd so you shouldn't go begging the store to sell them to you. It didn't say anything though about when the second shipment would be.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 05:27:47 AM »

Yeah I got the automated call that told me I wasn't going to get one until after christmas.  On the other hand I was already planning on camping out various places in an attempt to find one monday night/tuesday morning.

In the meantime I'll keep getting the messages about the accessories I preordered and adding them to my shelf... where I can look and dream...

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 05:33:05 AM »

On the other hand I was already planning on camping out various places in an attempt to find one monday night/tuesday morning.

Ah, mastered that space/time continuum thing, have you?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 06:01:05 AM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
Yeah I got the automated call that told me I wasn't going to get one until after christmas.  On the other hand I was already planning on camping out various places in an attempt to find one monday night/tuesday morning.

Yeah... I'm going to avoid that circus.  I'll be trying at 11am for the Circuit City thing tomorrow and failing that, maybe hit a store if my schedule permits on Tuesday morning.  If there's a significant line though, I'm bailing.

gellar
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 06:21:04 AM »

Quote from: "gellar"
Quote from: "Jarrodhk"

Yeah... I'm going to avoid that circus.  I'll be trying at 11am for the Circuit City thing tomorrow and failing that, maybe hit a store if my schedule permits on Tuesday morning.  If there's a significant line though, I'm bailing.

gellar

This is my plan. CC tomorrow at 2 EDT, then Target/possibly WalMart best buy Monday Night/Tuesday.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 06:40:51 AM »

Quote from: "gellar"
Quote from: "pr0ner"

Mike

Groovy. Thanks Mike.

gellar

Update:

My brother said that, at least for the Gamestops in Norfolk, Virginia, the stores are getting about 16 on launch day, with similar shipments once a week to follow that.  Pretty much pre-orders only, thoughout the city, until all the pre-orders in Norfolk Gamestops are filled.  Apparently in Norfolk they'll move units from store to store to fill the city's pre-orders first.  Weirdness.

Mike

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 08:12:15 AM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
On the other hand I was already planning on camping out various places in an attempt to find one monday night/tuesday morning.

Ah, mastered that space/time continuum thing, have you?

Yes!  Alternatively I suppose I could recruit friends to help me.  One of those requires less effort.  

Hopefully I'll know which one by monday.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 12:31:21 PM »

The Gamestop that I preordered from is getting 18 units. There are 3 Gamestops in my town. The other 2 are getting 18 and 0 in of the premium. The one that is getting 0 opened in September, so they are only getting in 2 core systems. They were originally going to get 6 real ones, but those got shifted to other stores to fill preorders.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 03:02:18 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
The Gamestop that I preordered from is getting 18 units. There are 3 Gamestops in my town. The other 2 are getting 18 and 0 in of the premium. The one that is getting 0 opened in September, so they are only getting in 2 core systems. They were originally going to get 6 real ones, but those got shifted to other stores to fill preorders.

Sounds consistent with what's going on in my brother's neck of the woods, with units getting shifted around from store to store within a city.

Mike

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2005, 09:06:42 PM »

My friend's EB is getting word from the higher ups to expect each next shipment anywhere from 1-3 weeks after the first. That helps no one as it is so inexact, but apparently they just don't really know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: