http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 04:11:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Updated Backwards Compatability List  (Read 1025 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2005, 12:48:41 PM »

Good to know they are still adding games!

All the Splinter Cells are now compatable and so is Ghost Recon 2 and Summit Strike.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 05:46:27 PM »

The update was pulled because it borked Halo 2. The game was rendered in widescreen but displayed with sidebars, so the graphics appeared squeezed. The patched patch should be up later today.

Over at GAF, a number of people who had downloaded it already said that the Splinter Cells ran acceptably and that the frame rate issues with Ninja Gaiden have also been taken care of.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 07:26:18 PM »

Unless an old version of Scrabble is on the list, I believe the word is "backward."  :wink:

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 07:26:55 PM »

I wish I knew what games they were working on for the foreseeable future as well.  Be nice to know if I can wait to play some things, like SSX On Tour, or just play and finish them on the XBox.  

I'm pretty disappointed by the backwards compatibility on the 360 so far.  Its my one big disappointment with the system.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 08:14:21 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
I wish I knew what games they were working on for the foreseeable future as well.  Be nice to know if I can wait to play some things, like SSX On Tour, or just play and finish them on the XBox.  

I'm pretty disappointed by the backwards compatibility on the 360 so far.  Its my one big disappointment with the system.

I am also disappointed!  I cant even play my two newest xbox games on the 360.  It is LAME.  I can understand why they wouldnt want Burnout Revenge on there as it is coming out for the 360... but come on, I want to play Star Wars:BF2 on there damn it!

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 09:50:40 PM »

I'll be interested to hear if any current or upcoming emulator updates fix the widely reported slowdown problems in Ninja Gaiden: Black.  I'm operating solely on what I've read from other people, but a lot of people have complained about a choppy, unplayable framerate in that game.

Any inability to play Ninja Gaiden on the X-Box 360 will ensure that I buy a brand-new X-Box before they go out of production.  (My system's Thompson drive is making some nasty sounds and isn't long for this world....)

-Autistic Angel
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 09:56:22 PM »

Proof positive that no one actually reads what I post!   :wink:

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"
Over at GAF, a number of people who had downloaded it already said that the Splinter Cells ran acceptably and that the frame rate issues with Ninja Gaiden have also been taken care of.  
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 10:09:36 PM »

I know this didn't add that many games, but as Black Arrow is one of the few games I still pull out from time to time, that is a nice addition to me!

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 10:14:19 PM »

Other people have said that most of the Xbox games are trainwrecks on the 360.  The only one I've tried is Halo 2 and after downloading two patches and restarting 2 times, when I tried to start a campaign, it just sat there at the loading screen so I turned it off.

I haven't tried these myself, but others have said Forza is a mess as is GTA San Andreas.  

Has anyone got one to work perfectly?
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 10:18:15 PM »

Halo2 has worked mostly fine for me - though I have not done anything except online.  But we tried a session of 'phantoms' where everyone had invisibilty - and whooboy, was there awful lag for the 360 folks...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 10:27:38 PM »

Quote from: "The_Man"

I played through Sands of Time on the 360 and it was generally fine except for some slowdown during combat.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 01:26:08 AM »

Quote from: "The_Man"

Crimson Skies works splendidly. Also no trouble with Super Monkey ball in limited use.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: