http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 05:04:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Total Newbie!! XBOX 360 Questions  (Read 717 times)
Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2006, 03:40:08 PM »

So I am thinking about getting a 360 sometime this summer and am a total newb when it comes to anything XBOX related. Therefore, I am left with a ton of questions, help please!

1. Premium system is $399, right? Do I need anything else out of the box?
2. XBOX Live, is there a monthly charge?
3. XBOX Live - What else is there besides playing games online (not really my thing).
4. Can I hook up the system to my 19" computer monitor?
5. If answer to #4 is "yes", how do I get audio?
6. What's game currently (or coming out by this summer) will be the system seller?

I think that's all I have for now...there's more, but maybe a 360 Vet will chime in and answer some of the other questions I have!
The Grue
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 04:02:39 PM »

1)  You don't really need anything else, though you could buy some accessories like a remote or wifi adapter if you needed such a thing.  You get one wireless controller with the premium system, so if you needed another controller, you will have ot purchase one.

2)  You get XBox Live Silver free with the box.  This allows you to download market content, send messages, have a friends list, etc.  Basically everything except play games, which you mention you don't like in question 3, so you can basically get your Silver membership for free and pay nothing more.

3) Covered.

4)  Yes.  There is a VGA adapter you cna buy separately.

5)  I believe it has RCA plugs for sound, so you can plug those in if your card supports that input.  If not, you would need some converter  cables.

6)  That all depends on what you like.  For me, it's Oblivion and Mass Effect (comes out later this year or could push to next) because I like RPGs.  I also am looking forward to Ghost Recon 3.  I own DOA4, Kameo, NFS:MW, and FNR3 right now.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 06:51:18 PM »

2. It also comes with a free month of Gold, to let you try out the online play.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 06:53:34 PM »

Quote from: "Pyperkub"
2. It also comes with a free month of Gold, to get you addicted to the online play.

Fixed that for ya.

biggrin  biggrin
flyinj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 03:42:47 AM »

I have a question-

I already had an XBox live account on my old Xbox. I converted it to a Xbox Gold account.

I figured that it would just turn my account into a 360 gold account. Low and behold, 2 months later I get a 49.99 charge on my credit card for Xbox Gold!

So, having an existing account and transferring it onto the 360 still makes you pay a $49.99 base fee, plus monthly charges?

What the hell.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 04:45:49 AM »

Quote from: "flyinj"
I already had an XBox live account on my old Xbox. I converted it to a Xbox Gold account.

I figured that it would just turn my account into a 360 gold account. Low and behold, 2 months later I get a 49.99 charge on my credit card for Xbox Gold!

So, having an existing account and transferring it onto the 360 still makes you pay a $49.99 base fee, plus monthly charges?

When did your subscription expire?  That might be the reason why.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: