http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 05:36:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings  (Read 7101 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2011, 04:49:35 AM »

announced for the 360!  here's hoping they don't run into the last minute hitches the rise of the White Wolf had and maybe tone down the difficulty too biggrin

here's the teaser too.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:04:11 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 01:28:31 PM »

jeeezuz kryst...this weeks SUAM just said that this game is due on November 15th  Roll Eyes another one to add to the list for that day

WTF are devs thinking?????

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »

oh neat i know for a long time when the pc version was still in development there was a ton of talk about porting the original, and then when that was dismissed it seemed like the devs were leaning toward bringing 2 out on 360 instead.  of course i thought when all the usual channels went dead and the pc released without a whisper that it pretty much indicated that it wasnt going to happen...  so color me pretty excited!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 08:44:27 AM »

looks like there may be some problems with publishers
CVG

Namco Bandai is taking legal action against The Witcher 2 developer CD Projekt RED, over its decision to switch publishers for the Xbox 360 version of the game to THQ, according to a translated report.

According to a translated report from Polish site CDAction, Namco Bandai claims that CD Projekt RED broke an existing distribution agreement by choosing THQ for publishing duties of Witcher 2 on Xbox 360.

Adam Kicinski, CEO of CD Projekt RED said: "As with most cases, we first tried to end the dispute peacefully. Attempts failed and because of this, we hoped that our partner would send the case to the court.

"The agreement that we signed last year, concerned only the distribution of The Witcher 2 for the PC. The records were carefully clarified to avoid any ambiguity.

"Namco Bandai have options when choosing the priority of our distributor's version of the Xbox 360. It could use, but not taken advantage of certain preferences. In this situation, we chose the offer that THQ made us."

Discussing withheld retail payments for sales of Witcher 2 on PC, Kicinski said it won't affect the developer.

"Our financial situation is very good at the moment and the lack of a few million does not have any impact on current activities," he said. "Withholding of payments means only that after some time, our partner will have to give us the money.

"I hope that the whole thing will end with a pre-litigation settlement. If it doesn't, I am sure that we will win the case and then the loser will pay for our lawyers."

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 05:01:06 PM »

Good!  I hope that means it won't be released anywhere near Skyrim - as you say, wtf were they thinking?  I also hope that means that they will take their time and search out every possible glitch in the game; I'm quite tired of being addicted to buggy games.  That said, I will be avidly awaiting Witcher 2 as well as Skyrim, whenever they arrive.

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 09:39:47 PM »

hmmm interesting - despite litigation the sentuamessage bit on xbox live has this as coming out 15 november... fingers crossed...???

of course i dont know if that was filmed before this lawsuit but hopefully the date sticks
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 09:28:10 AM »

Quote from: Doopri on July 12, 2011, 09:39:47 PM

hmmm interesting - despite litigation the sentuamessage bit on xbox live has this as coming out 15 november... fingers crossed...???

of course i dont know if that was filmed before this lawsuit but hopefully the date sticks

yeah Doopri,you guys are a week or so behind UK for SUAM(see my first post date)

as long as it still happens for the 360 than i am fine,not fussed when it comes out really as long as it isn't years away

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 02:57:39 PM »

hehehe yay me in totally missing something that was there all of a week ago - surprised as im obviously looking forward to checking out the game and a possible release date is something that usually jumps right out at me!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 10:11:19 AM »

pushed back to 2012

There are two reasons for the delay. One is to give the team "more time expanding and polishing certain elements of the gameplay". The other, and the developers acknowledge this, is the legal battle over the game's distribution rights.

I really want to play this,but i am kind of glad that it has been pushed back because November has enough games to last me right into the new year

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 03:44:36 PM »

extra content for the 360 version and likely will appear on 2 discs
(PC players will also get the updated stuff)

The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 will get extra story content as well as the 2.0 enhancements, Dark Mode, Arena, new tutorial and new four minute opening cinematic, CD Projekt Red has revealed.

And, crucially, it will all be offered for free on PC, either "around the same time" or very shortly after. "If there's going to be some differences they're not going to be like months," story designer and writer Jan Bartkowicz told Eurogamer in an interview following his Witcher 2 Expo presentation. "They're going to be more into days. It's what I think is going to happen."

CD Projekt Red referred to the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 as an adaptation rather than a port; there's significant effort being poured in to ensure that the company's belated console debut is a success.

"Right now we're focused on delivering the game for Xbox, and we want to do it internally. That's why we call it an adaptation," Bartkowicz told the Eurogamer Expo 2011 audience. "We want to have a game that's going to have the Xbox 360-exclusive title quality.

"Almost everybody in our development right now is focused on delivering this game to Xbox 360. And we're a small studio; right now we're around 80 people in the development part. It's the first console title ever for us and we wouldn't want to grab too many things at the same time and deliver a poor quality product at the end of the day."

He added, in our interview: "I believe it's going to be like no other game on Xbox [360]. And, of course, there's a lot of marketing stuff you can say, and a lot stuff that marketing guys want people to say is probably bullshit. But I can say with my hands on my heart that there's no such non-linear and mature, complex story on Xbox."

in the link-lots more details on the additional extras and 360 version and even talk at the end that they would like it to come to PS3,but unsure it would happen as they are now concentrating on the 360 version and he even admits that they do not know the month which the 360 version will be out

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 08:22:54 PM »

update list

Version 2.0 Corrections/Amendments
Corrections and improvements to combat:

1. Numerous improvements have been made in the targeting system.
2. Parrying is now unlimited (even when Vigor is completely depleted), though parries no longer cancel all damage
(maximum 50% reduction once the relevant ability has been acquired).
3. Responsiveness of game controls has been improved. This includes but is not limited to casting Signs, parrying,
and attacking immediately after evading an opponent‟s assault.
4. Geralt‟s attacks are no longer interrupted by attacking opponents. Attacks are now contiguous and foes cannot
interrupt Geralt‟s attacks by landing a blow.
5. Assorted fixes now prevent opponents from incessantly attacking Geralt after he has been knocked down. Geralt
can no longer be knocked down repeatedly in quick succession. Also, he rises quickly while evading subsequent
attacks.
6. Geralt no longer attacks opponents located behind other opponents positioned nearer to him.
7. The target locking system has been improved. Preference is now given to previously highlighted targets.
8. Target selection has been improved. Priority is now given to foes affected by a critical effect facilitating the
completion of a finishing move.
9. The additional two steps Geralt took after mounting an attack with the W, S, A or D key depressed have been
eliminated.
10. Attacks can now be continued even when a key controlling Geralt‟s movement (e.g. W, S, A, D) is depressed.
11. Attacks can now be continued if the attack key is depressed immediately after the final strike of an attack animation
sequence.
12. Geralt can now pivot 180 degrees immediately after completing an attack.
13. Assorted problems with key responsiveness have been resolved. Keys no longer need to be depressed twice or
more to trigger a given action.
14. A distance attack problem has been resolved. Geralt now mounts distance attacks (lunge with sword in hand in the
Fast style) when opponents were located at a suitable distance from him.

Other corrections and amendments:

15. Casting several bombs no longer blocks further inputs.
16. An option has been added to the configuration tool enabling aspect ratio to be set independently of resolution.
17. The amount of disk space required for game patching has been reduced.
18. The loading of selected Witcher 1 game saves no longer causes the game to crash.
19. A greater number of monsters now appear in the cave leading to Loc Muinne.
20. Improvements have been made in the manner in which monsters are spawned in the mist in Chapter 2.
21. The visual effect accompanying Adrenaline use no longer disappears prematurely.
22. Archers now draw their swords more quickly when Geralt approaches.
23. Mages no longer automatically cast shield spells when Geralt casts daggers at them.
24. The game is now paused when Geralt executes a finishing move in combat.
25. The troll in Chapter 2 has been corrected. Previously, in some circumstances he could not be attacked.
26. Physics on cast daggers have been improved.
27. The site for aiming daggers is now more visible.
28. Geralt‟s animation when he dies while casting the Axii Sign has been corrected.
29. An exploit in the fight against Letho has been eliminated. Previously, this foe could be killed by casting bombs in
quick succession.30. An exploit related to the Insane‟ difficulty setting has been eliminated. Previously, game saves could be loaded with
difficulty set to this level, which was contrary to design intentions.
31. Camera positioning/operation has been corrected during the boss fight against the kayran.
32. Camera control via gamepads has been improved.
33. Assorted adjustments have been made in mutagen statistics.
34. The Junk‟ filter in the Inventory has been adjusted to provide for correct item filtering.
35. In the Inventory, the dialogue window warning of prohibited actions has been corrected.
36. Assorted corrections have been introduced to the mini-map in Chapter 1.
37. Audio balance throughout the game has been adjusted.
38. Erratic character teleportation in mini-games has been eliminated.
39. Assorted adjustments have been made in animations applying to nekkers.
40. A minor bug in the "Scent of Incense" quest has been resolved.
41. Numerous minor fixes have been introduced in character lip-sync throughout the game.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 10:17:39 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 27, 2011, 08:22:54 PM

update list

Version 2.0 Corrections/Amendments
Corrections and improvements to combat:

1. Numerous improvements have been made in the targeting system.
2. Parrying is now unlimited (even when Vigor is completely depleted), though parries no longer cancel all damage
(maximum 50% reduction once the relevant ability has been acquired).
3. Responsiveness of game controls has been improved. This includes but is not limited to casting Signs, parrying,
and attacking immediately after evading an opponent‟s assault.
4. Geralt‟s attacks are no longer interrupted by attacking opponents. Attacks are now contiguous and foes cannot
interrupt Geralt‟s attacks by landing a blow.
5. Assorted fixes now prevent opponents from incessantly attacking Geralt after he has been knocked down. Geralt
can no longer be knocked down repeatedly in quick succession. Also, he rises quickly while evading subsequent
attacks.
6. Geralt no longer attacks opponents located behind other opponents positioned nearer to him.
7. The target locking system has been improved. Preference is now given to previously highlighted targets.
8. Target selection has been improved. Priority is now given to foes affected by a critical effect facilitating the
completion of a finishing move.
9. The additional two steps Geralt took after mounting an attack with the W, S, A or D key depressed have been
eliminated.
10. Attacks can now be continued even when a key controlling Geralt‟s movement (e.g. W, S, A, D) is depressed.
11. Attacks can now be continued if the attack key is depressed immediately after the final strike of an attack animation
sequence.
12. Geralt can now pivot 180 degrees immediately after completing an attack.
13. Assorted problems with key responsiveness have been resolved. Keys no longer need to be depressed twice or
more to trigger a given action.
14. A distance attack problem has been resolved. Geralt now mounts distance attacks (lunge with sword in hand in the
Fast style) when opponents were located at a suitable distance from him.

Other corrections and amendments:

15. Casting several bombs no longer blocks further inputs.
16. An option has been added to the configuration tool enabling aspect ratio to be set independently of resolution.
17. The amount of disk space required for game patching has been reduced.
18. The loading of selected Witcher 1 game saves no longer causes the game to crash.
19. A greater number of monsters now appear in the cave leading to Loc Muinne.
20. Improvements have been made in the manner in which monsters are spawned in the mist in Chapter 2.
21. The visual effect accompanying Adrenaline use no longer disappears prematurely.
22. Archers now draw their swords more quickly when Geralt approaches.
23. Mages no longer automatically cast shield spells when Geralt casts daggers at them.
24. The game is now paused when Geralt executes a finishing move in combat.
25. The troll in Chapter 2 has been corrected. Previously, in some circumstances he could not be attacked.
26. Physics on cast daggers have been improved.
27. The site for aiming daggers is now more visible.
28. Geralt‟s animation when he dies while casting the Axii Sign has been corrected.
29. An exploit in the fight against Letho has been eliminated. Previously, this foe could be killed by casting bombs in
quick succession.30. An exploit related to the Insane‟ difficulty setting has been eliminated. Previously, game saves could be loaded with
difficulty set to this level, which was contrary to design intentions.
31. Camera positioning/operation has been corrected during the boss fight against the kayran.
32. Camera control via gamepads has been improved.
33. Assorted adjustments have been made in mutagen statistics.
34. The Junk‟ filter in the Inventory has been adjusted to provide for correct item filtering.
35. In the Inventory, the dialogue window warning of prohibited actions has been corrected.
36. Assorted corrections have been introduced to the mini-map in Chapter 1.
37. Audio balance throughout the game has been adjusted.
38. Erratic character teleportation in mini-games has been eliminated.
39. Assorted adjustments have been made in animations applying to nekkers.
40. A minor bug in the "Scent of Incense" quest has been resolved.
41. Numerous minor fixes have been introduced in character lip-sync throughout the game.

Anyone else want to mock MO for posting that in the wrong section?

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 09:22:42 AM »

if you see my post before that one,i tell you that these 2.0 update will be available for Xbox 360 when its released,and anyway you had already posted about this update in the PC section,its just that it wasn't a list of what was updated  Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 10:09:24 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 28, 2011, 09:22:42 AM

if you see my post before that one,i tell you that these 2.0 update will be available for Xbox 360 when its released,and anyway you had already posted about this update in the PC section,its just that it wasn't a list of what was updated  Tongue

well it's good to know that 'The additional two steps Geralt took after mounting an attack with the W, S, A or D key depressed have been eliminated' his coming to the 360  icon_lol

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 10:51:33 AM »

well they were the only ones that were PC based,and as they were numbered as well,i thought it a waste of time to delete or take out,as someone may ask where are fixes 9 and 10

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 02:16:30 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 28, 2011, 10:51:33 AM

well they were the only ones that were PC based,and as they were numbered as well,i thought it a waste of time to delete or take out,as someone may ask where are fixes 9 and 10

and 16.... and 18....  Tongue

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 05:02:18 PM »

if you hadn't of quoted it i would of deleted it if it means you stop going on about it finger

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 05:20:45 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 28, 2011, 05:02:18 PM

if you hadn't of quoted it i would of deleted it if it means you stop going on about it finger

Tongue biggrin

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 09:24:18 PM »

Okay Microsoft are really pissing me off now

CVG

The Witcher 2 development director Adam Badowski has said all downloadable updates released for the game will be free on PC, but will likely come at a fee for Xbox players.

Why the unfair treatment? He blames Microsoft policies. "All DLC for the PC version is and will remain FREE," Badowski told Rock Paper Shotgun.

"That's not likely to be the story for the Xbox version, because of certain Microsoft policies that need to be followed. But on PC, once you buy our game, you don't need to worry about any additional costs - we will provide all updates, including those featuring new content, for free," he added.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 09:38:16 PM »

Rockstar had free DLC packs for Red Dead Redemption, not sure why they couldn't do it too.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 09:47:44 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 28, 2011, 09:38:16 PM

Rockstar had free DLC packs for Red Dead Redemption, not sure why they couldn't do it too.

wasn't 'Microsoft's Policy' something to do with you have to issue paid for DLC before you can issue free DLC?...something like that i am sure

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 10:40:38 PM »

details coming in this Thursday on the 360 version of The Witcher 2,including Release date and new features

1pm Eastern/6pm GMT live stream

http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/121

very much looking forward to this game

"Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 is not just a simple port of a PC game, it’s an adaptation. Our newest game has been enhanced with many new features, and according to many specialists it’s one of the best looking games on Xbox 360 ever" – said Michał Nowakowski, Member of the board, CD Projekt RED S.A..

if you read the comments,it seems the new features will come to the PC as well
So are the PC version still going to get all the new features as the console version for free at the time of the console versions release?

As we mentioned previously, we don't forget any of our fans:)

Please be patient and wait until the conference.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 08:32:04 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 23, 2012, 10:40:38 PM

So are the PC version still going to get all the new features as the console version for free at the time of the console versions release?

heh, I got the game on the PC but couldn't get into it, then by the time I felt like giving it a shot the 2.0 patch was due so I put it off.  now that I have time I think I should put it off until this new patch.

Because I can,
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 05:13:56 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 24, 2012, 08:32:04 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 23, 2012, 10:40:38 PM

heh, I got the game on the PC but couldn't get into it, then by the time I felt like giving it a shot the 2.0 patch was due so I put it off.  now that I have time I think I should put it off until this new patch.

You Lamer!  Play the damn game.   It is good.   If it was coming on the PS3 I would buy it again and play it on the big screen, but looks like thats not happening.

I am going to give it another run through soon I hope now that it has all these patches.   But, well..  Skyrim, SWTOR, MW3 kept me busy.  kingom of amuler and twisted metal are coming, so who knows, maybe this summer or something..

pffft, I don't know when I am going to get play it again.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 05:05:30 AM »

agreed.  just play it as is ceekay.  I just finished it up on one of the two distinct paths and loved every minute of it.  I still have the second path to follow through, not to mention the various small but significant choices you can make along the way.  and from what most fans are expecting, they will have an affect on the third game the same way that choices in the witcher 1 changed plot points in two. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 05:20:14 AM »

in retrospect there are a few other games I should focus on before playing it anyways (like that Mass Effect 1 & 2 playthrough I want to do before ME3 plus Kingdoms of Amalur) so I can comfortably wait until said patch biggrin

Because I can,
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 02:28:09 PM »

hah   yea, With so many games now it seems like its a free for all on what to play.

Work on that assassin skyrim?  Play mw3 and shooty facey ?  Get on my imperial operative and gank some squishies at huttball?

Or play the witcher two and screw some chicks..   
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 06:04:23 PM »

some more on the changes:

The Xbox 360 version, which I saw at a preview event in San Francisco, will bundle all of that previously released content when it launches this year -- along with new material.Initially, you can access four hours of new playable content and 30 minutes of new cutscenes and video. These new missions take you to new locations, and introduce extra characters and dialogue. But that's not the end of it, as CD Projekt Red plans not to "fire and forget."

I played a bit of the new on-disc content -- a mission called "For Temeria!" in which I and a man named Roche sought to get to the bottom of a plot of a would-be assassin looking to kill the Temerian king. This conveyed how the game has been streamlined for the Xbox 360. While it's possible to play the game on PC with an Xbox 360 controller, the experience is changed for the better on Xbox by a cleaner, more navigable inventory system, a new targeting system and an adrenaline meter that allows players to stylishly insta-kill multiple enemies at the tap of a button.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 11:34:25 PM »

Xbox 360 Opening Cinematic

the article said 'Xbox360 release date announcement trailer',but it turned out it was the opening cinematic,or so the link contents say,i would of not watched it if i had known,it looked bloody great though

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 03:19:57 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 26, 2012, 11:34:25 PM

Xbox 360 Opening Cinematic

the article said 'Xbox360 release date announcement trailer',but it turned out it was the opening cinematic,or so the link contents say,i would of not watched it if i had known,it looked bloody great though

for those who don't want to spoil the expereince it says April 17th, the same day the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition comes out for the PC.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:21:29 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 03:46:50 AM »

It actually has the date in your link first CK Tongue

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 07:41:12 AM »

nice opening.  really sets up the character as a bad ass.  letho is one of the better antagonists in recent games. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 11:05:34 AM »

A friend just passed this on of Xbox 360 footage

looks great!!

http://hicky-hsgameview.blogspot.com/2012/01/witcher-2-xbox-360-footage.html

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 11:18:38 PM »

Depending on where you pre-order the Witcher 2, you’ll receive:

* Amazon – Exclusive Digital Comic Book
    * Best Buy – Exclusive T-Shirt
    * Gamestop – Exclusive Wolf Head Keychain

The full Enhanced Edition set for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, which will be available at no additional cost, includes:

* Original Soundtrack Audio CD with in-game music.
    * A map of the game’s world.
    * A Quest Handbook for both novice and experienced players.

In addition to all the items in the Enhanced Edition, the full Dark Edition includes:

* Making-of DVD – All the cinematic materials related to game – trailers, dev diaries, gameplay footage, interviews and making-of video.
    * The Witcher Medallion – A wolf head metal medallion on a chain.
    * Artbook – Extensive, hardcover, 232-page documentary of game’s graphical assets with descriptions. Includes concept art, cover renders and stories behind Art of The Witcher 2.
    * Stickers – Three stickers with Witcher 2 graphics.
    * Dark Edition Box – An elegant, thick, cardboard box to hold all your valuable Dark Edition contents.

Link

yours for $99

KC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2012, 11:27:20 PM »

Is this a "hard" rpg like "Dark Souls"?  Or will it be casual gamer friendly?
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 11:37:26 PM »

hard, very hard.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2012, 12:30:20 AM »

at least they put in a tutorial to help ease you in.  when it was released they just kinda threw you into things.

Because I can,
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2012, 01:34:21 AM »

Granted I played on a low difficulty given the warnings people sent, but it wasn't THAT hard. Mostly a few hours in it was hard for a few places in the woods/caves, but then evened out.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2012, 05:37:41 AM »

Typically I'd never buck up the extra $ for a limited or special edition, but the extras in the dark editon actually look decent and worth while.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2012, 02:36:05 PM »

I played it on normal or default at release and do not recall it being hard.  Well, harder then diablo or god of war maybe.

You have to block, play smart and use your abilities..   But, as you progress and put points in swords, it just kept getting easier.

I tried demon souls for about a hour and quit and never went back, heh.   Not really due to difficulty, but because I had to keep doing the same thing each time I died.  It restarted me at the beginning of the dungeon/ruins.   The witcher1 and 2  do not do that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: