http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 05:03:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Test Drive Unlimited Impressions  (Read 3440 times)
The Grue
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2006, 01:17:24 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on September 14, 2006, 02:47:08 AM

Well I found different club location shave different start up costs, naturally I chose the most expensive. $750k later we have a club. "GT Joyriders", yah I know creative and all. You need to be on my friends list to get an invite. Sent invites to Grue, TML and Reemul as they are the ones on my friends list that have the game. If anyone else wants an invite PM me or apply in game at a clubhouse (ours is on the north shore in the middle by the Ducati dealer, not sure if you need to go to that one to apply) be sure you have coopasonic on your friends list. smile

I didn't receive an invite either in XBox Live or in game.  I had one news piece about someone leaving the club, but that was it.  I went to another club location (I don't have this one driven to yet) and I saw you on there with your club, but when I clicked on it it asked if I wanted to join.  I guess I should have clicked yes, maybe.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2006, 01:22:28 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 14, 2006, 05:57:13 AM

the download doesnt tell you that you still have to purchase the cars in the game

Money in game isn't exactly hard to come by.  icon_twisted

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2006, 01:29:16 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 14, 2006, 01:17:24 PM

I went to another club location (I don't have this one driven to yet) and I saw you on there with your club, but when I clicked on it it asked if I wanted to join.  I guess I should have clicked yes, maybe.

That would have been the logical thing. slywink

Got to Champion rank last night, unlocking the rest of the challenges. Completed the Tour of the Island challenge, 118 miles in 43 minutes (average of about 165 mph). Completed all of the speed challenges. Both of those unlocked cars for me. The nice thing about the cars you unlock through in game accomplishments, they are free!

22 cars in the garages now... can't remember if I have 4 or 5 houses.  icon_redface Something like $7 million earned so far.  icon_twisted I checked last night and it took me about 10 minutes to earn a million, so money shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Just shy 22 hours played, over 1400 miles driven and still loving the game!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2006, 03:12:17 PM »

The game is coming today, but I work tonight...I'll definitely accept the club invite on Friday biggrin  Thanks!

TheMissingLink on PSN
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2006, 03:35:11 PM »

Little disappointments that have cropped up:

Club racing options are not what I had hoped they would be, though they are not bad, just not what I expected. Intra- and inter-club racing are just different paths to get into the MP lobby, which does make it easier to hook up with club members for racing. That is cool. What I was hoping for is something more like the Drive-In options where I could set up a course and a prize and my club members could compete for the best time on that course for the prize.

Instant Challenges are limited to 10k, and there is no pink slip option. I could have sworn the pink slip option was talked about before and 10k is nothing to me. I make 10k about every 5 seconds.

There's no way I can find to trade cars and money without making the sale available to the public (which currently disabled to some game save corrupting bug).

I still love the game, have driven about 1600 miles and own 6 houses and a boatload of cars. Just thought I would mention these little things that bug me a bit.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2006, 06:02:36 AM »

someone just posted this link on xbox.com

its an easter egg on how to warp to a little island of the cost of the normal one....i dont think its a glitch as you have to find a big silver E and drive at it at 25MPH...anyway,watch the vid and see for yourselves...im gonna try this when i am next on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldB24-pd4bw

P.S
oh its meant to unlock the ford trial course or something like that

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2006, 02:05:25 PM »

Loving this game so far.  REALLY loving it.  And I really didn't care for the demo, but after putting some time into it, I really like how the cars handle.  Started with a pretty under-powered Audi, but soon got enough money for my FAVORITE car from PGR3 (Lamborghini Murcielago Coupe) and I LOVE how it handles.  Plus, now, I can roll around and challange people to 1v1 races and not get smoked slywink

I love the MMO aspect of it, as well.  With instant challanges, some guy accepted my challange with a car that didn't compare to my Lamborghini and I laughed at him, knowing I was going to blow him out of the water...so the race starts, and as I round this corner the traffic gets in my way and I totally slam into this car while he rolls on by and wins the race :/  VAGABOND!

Contrary to my earlier thoughts, the game looks fantastic.  And I really enjoy using the in-dash view, something I never do with games. 

Cannot say enough good things about this game...

TheMissingLink on PSN
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2006, 04:17:23 PM »

I've been very pleasantly surprised as well!  I kept hearing all these horrible things about the demo, so I rented it this weekend, and after putting more hours than I could track into it, I bought it.  slywink

I finally found the Aston Martin dealer and got my DB9 Vantage (my favorite car) so I'm cruising around in that or in my yellow 'Vette most of the time now.  smile

I've been mildly annoyed that the only people who try to challenge me to an instant challenge are guys driving a class A car while I'm in a D or E, which is pretty stupid.  "Hmmm, yeah, I can go maybe half your speed, sure, that sounds like a fair challenge!".  Then they get pissed when I decline so they ram me off the road.  I enjoyed slapping them with negative feedback later on.  :twisted:  Fortunately, all that does is cost me a few seconds' time anyway, so it's not as if they're ruining my game.  Just shows how immature they are.  Tongue

I submitted a request to join the GT club, but then yesterday I couldn't get to the TDU servers so I drove around on my own.  Hopefully it'll be up and running again today.  slywink

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2006, 04:25:28 PM »

So would this be any fun for somone who only has a Silver account, or does it really take mp to make it worthwile (like Chromehounds)?
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2006, 04:44:29 PM »

All this fun and I haven't even ran one multiplayer race yet, Kevin.  icon_biggrin

The thing I'd miss most from the gold Live account would be the player challenges you can try out at the Diners.  These are single-player races, but they're set up by players, so the routes are virtually limitless.  I'm looking forward to creating some challenges myself. smile

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2006, 04:46:06 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on September 18, 2006, 04:25:28 PM

So would this be any fun for somone who only has a Silver account, or does it really take mp to make it worthwile (like Chromehounds)?

I'm at ~30 hours played and my only MP race was against The Grue. I don't know if you get access to the Drive-In challenges with a Silver account or not. They are basically player-made events/leaderboards.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2006, 04:55:48 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on September 18, 2006, 04:44:29 PM

All this fun and I haven't even ran one multiplayer race yet, Kevin.  icon_biggrin

Ah, good stuff then.  Looks like I'll have to add this to my collection at some point. 
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2006, 04:57:11 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on September 18, 2006, 04:46:06 PM

I'm at ~30 hours played and my only MP race was against The Grue.

Let's not forget who won that race.  Oh yeah, it was me racing an Audi against some old classic car, so it was hardly fair, but it was still a win, damnit!!

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2006, 05:01:24 PM »

They were both F class cars, mine was just really sucky. smile

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2007, 03:52:54 PM »

ARISE, THREAD!

So, I picked this up used yesterday, and I have to say I'm really enjoying it so far.  Is there a GT car club?  Can I get an invite?  Does anyone still play this who would be interested in some online racing?  TIA.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: