http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 04:28:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Red Faction: Guerrilla Impressions  (Read 16326 times)
Eightball
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2009, 07:22:28 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on June 09, 2009, 04:36:15 PM

Yep, i love all the crazy shit you just make up and do as you go on these missions:)
On the other hand, i am having one MAJOR problem in game.  Finding the radio tags to unlock the ultor era bombs...  REALLY huge problem because i've gone all over the place offroading searching everywhere i can find and I have only found one tag from back very early in the game.  I'm highly frustrated with this issue and I want the big ultor weapons.

Driving around you will see every so often a flashing green dot on your minimap.  That's a radiotag...
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2009, 07:44:34 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on June 09, 2009, 07:22:28 PM

Yep, i love all the crazy shit you just make up and do as you go on these missions:)
On the other hand, i am having one MAJOR problem in game.  Finding the radio tags to unlock the ultor era bombs...  REALLY huge problem because i've gone all over the place offroading searching everywhere i can find and I have only found one tag from back very early in the game.  I'm highly frustrated with this issue and I want the big ultor weapons.

Driving around you will see every so often a flashing green dot on your minimap.  That's a radiotag...
I didn't know about them until you told me this yesterday. I've since found 1(!). I found another, but as I drove to it I realized I was in the irradiated zone and quickly died. So sad!

PSN ID: EduardoX
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2009, 08:06:24 PM »

Damn i wish i'd known that before now...i'm well into EOS now...

For the 2nd playthrough then:)
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2009, 08:36:01 PM »

Whats a radiotag? Something I should pay attention to, now that I'm in Dust?

btw, the EDF are crazy drivers - they'll drive straight off a cliff to get at you... you gotta give them that, they have guts!!

Oh, and does anyone constantly knock off guerellias yourself? I keep driving them over, blowing them up, throwing sticky bombs at them and so on...

and, I cant seem to get enough salvage..it disappears after you've fled a bombsite, righT?

A new one
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2009, 09:44:21 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 09, 2009, 08:36:01 PM

Radiotags are terribly acted audio logs which can be found in secluded areas across the Martian landscape.  As you collect them, you'll find hidden "Ultor-era bombs" like the MOAB I used to help wipe out that city center.  Keep an eye on your minimap and make a beeline for any green blips that may appear.

-Autistic Angel
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2009, 09:46:03 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 09, 2009, 05:40:35 PM

Damn the forum effect!

Never try to resist the GamingTrend Forum Effect. You will always fail. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2009, 09:50:04 PM »

One day I'm going to conduct an experiment into the power of the forum effect by recommending some terrible game, and getting several forum accomplices to start talking it up.  We'll see how many people we get to buy it, and how many of them join in the "it's awesome" chorus.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2009, 09:57:22 PM »

damn forum effect,LOL....now i want this game

although i liked the demo,i still thought it was a so-so must buy....now after reading all the comments

however July is looking a little dry(pleeeeeease no one correct me.,lets just pretend its dry even if it isnt),so perhaps i will pick this and Prototype up then

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2009, 09:58:35 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 09, 2009, 09:57:22 PM

although i liked the demo,i still thought it was a so-so must buy....now after reading all the comments

however July is looking a little dry(pleeeeeease no one correct me.,lets just pretend its dry even if it isnt),so perhaps i will pick this and Prototype up then

remember, you'll need to get Battlefield 1943 as well this month ;-)

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2009, 09:59:16 PM »

this game really screams for a co-op campaign.  imagine coordinating an ambush on an EDF convoy or an assault on one of their buildings.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2009, 10:00:14 PM »

And, it needs a vehicles-only MP map!! CARWARS!

A new one
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2009, 10:01:03 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 09, 2009, 09:58:35 PM

OH NOS, I FORGETTED ABOUT THAT ONE!!!

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2009, 10:28:59 PM »

Huh, I had no idea about that but I've still found 5 of them.  The first time I saw one I thought it was some sort of fireball, but had to investigate since it was so oddly placed.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2009, 10:31:14 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 09, 2009, 09:58:35 PM

yeah thats this month....as long as there is nothing i am forgetting about in July than that will be fine

also just heard that 360 Ghostbusters is region freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

so if i can just enter my details(read-my mothers details)into Ebay i will be getting that...it wont let me put the start date in for some reason and its asking for a two digit issue number which i dont know about either

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2009, 10:41:38 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on June 09, 2009, 09:44:21 PM

Quote from: Razgon on June 09, 2009, 08:36:01 PM

Radiotags are terribly acted audio logs which can be found in secluded areas across the Martian landscape.  As you collect them, you'll find hidden "Ultor-era bombs" like the MOAB I used to help wipe out that city center.  Keep an eye on your minimap and make a beeline for any green blips that may appear.

-Autistic Angel

Im fairly sure that the radiotags are actual photos (and their own voice acting) of the devs.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2009, 11:35:39 AM »

Here's a bunch of tips from the games own website - there are some very mild spoilers in there though, so if you are easily offended by knowing even a tiny bit of whats to come, dont read it

May 6th -  When landing a car recently launched off a cliff/ramp, pull back on the control stick to control the flight angle. Landing on the front or all wheels will cause the vehicle to lose nearly all its momentum on impact. But landing on the rear wheels will allow the vehicle to lose very little momentum.

May 7th - You can initially place two remote charges at once, which explode in sequence when you hit the detonator.  You can place up to twelve at once if you're willing to spend the salvage.

May 8th -  Max out the morale in a sector for a huge boost in the number of guerrillas that will fight with you.

May 9th -  During a firefight, don’t bother manually reloading the Assault Rifle. Any time you run over a weapon with max reserve ammo, your active clip is automatically re-filled.

May 10th -  It's worth taking the time to poke around EDF buildings before destroying them.  You never know what you might find.

May 11th - The EDF will sometimes harass you and other colonists at green alert.  They're the EDF after all.

May 12th -  Top-down destruction is the easiest way to bring down a building.  Be on the lookout during any "Demolitions Master" guerrilla actions as well.

May 13th -  Sprinting and jumping before activating the Jetpack causes you to fly 1.5 times farther than you normally would from a regular run. The momentum from the sprint is carried into the jetpacking phase.

May 14th - Should your ride explode in the middle of nowhere, guerrillas will be bring you a new vehicle…provided sector morale is high enough.

May 15th - Mason sprints slightly faster when he has the sledgehammer equipped.

May 16th - Keep a vehicle nearby during firefights. This allows Mason a chance to regain heath.

May 17th - Jumping when tossing remote charges allows your throw to cover a bit more distance and height. 

May 18th - Blowing holes in floors or stairs as the EDF is chasing you is a good way to stay ahead of the EDF while destroying multiple Destruction Targets or performing Guerrilla Actions. 

May 19th - The key to a successful hostage rescue is speed.  Get in, kill any EDF that are immediate threats, and get those people out.  Don't wait around for EDF reinforcements to show up.  Don't make the hostages run a long distance to a vehicle.

May 20th -  To change weapon load-outs without running back to a safehouse, use a guerrilla ammo crate.  Remember the higher your morale, the more ammo for each weapon will be found inside.

May 21st -  Try to leave the opening tutorial mission with at least enough salvage (25 on "Casual") to purchase the Salvage Collector upgrade.

May 22nd -  The Nano Rifle and Rail Gun take out AAX's (Flying vehicles) better and faster than any other hand held weapon.

May 23rd -  Large explosive tanks lower control when destroyed.  1 point per tank can add up fast, and they also drop salvage.

May 24th - Damage Control Tip: If you don’t have line of sight to an enemy’s CP, make some.  RFG is about destruction, so pick up a rocket launcher or nano-rifle and tear holes through the buildings in your way.  You’ll soon find you have a clean shot at the enemy’s CP.

May 25th - While playing "Demolition", pass off who is the Detroyer between two players with the Tremor backpack.  You can pass by looking at a player and pressing "Y" or "Triangle".

May 26th - The Arc Welder can electrocute the driver without harming his vehicle.  This is your best chance at stealing an enemy vehicle quickly with limited resources.

May 27th - Don't expect to one-man army your way to success against an EDF convoy. Scout along the route for ambush points and bridges.  Attack them in-town so other guerrillas can help you.  Block the road with vehicles.

May 28th - If you roll a vehicle, you can right it by exiting and pressing the same button again to roll it over. Thank you Martian Gravity.

May 29th -  Long range, destructive weapons are safer...but if you want to pick-up the salvage caused by destruction, you'll still need to get in there.

May 30th - Once the colonist's walker has been taken back from the EDF in the "Industrial Revolution" mission (The one from the demo), you'll start finding them around the world.  Be sure to look behind buildings and around corners during a fire fight - you never know where a walker will show up.

May 31st - If a Pro Time for Transporter is too difficult, try clearing out buildings and walls that are in the way of a straighter path.

June 1st - Drive around in a vehicle with mounted weapons whenever you can: it makes doing Convoys and Interception easier when they spawn.

June 2nd - Need to quickly lower your alert level? Find a nearby Transporter activity. Enter the vehicle, exit the vehicle. Letting the timer expire. Select “retry” and you will be reloaded at the transporter starting location at green alert.

June 3rd -  Use a Demolitions Master to rebuild a vehicle’s health to full.  Simply activate the demo master trigger, accept the activity, run out of the area radius to fail, and voila… fresh vehicle health.

June 4th -  Liberate sectors before searching for Ore Deposits and Blast from the Past tags so the EDF don’t get in your way.

June 5th -  Combine the Arc Welder with another projectile weapon. By only tapping the Arc Welder once, you only use a small amount of ammo, but still effectively stun enemies. Then quickly switch and finish them off with a shot to the face with the AR.

June 6th -  [Cheater tip!] When playing on a higher difficulty, drop the difficulty down to Casual in the Options menu to get the lowest prices on upgrades, and then switch it back to keep playing at a higher difficulty.

June 7th -  In the "Start Your Engines" mission, you do not have to attach altimeter charges to the flyers to complete this mission.  Instead use a ranged weapon to take out the flyers once they become airborne for a quick conclusion.

June 8th -  Duringthe "Riding Shotgun" Guerrilla Action, try to shoot down as many AAX's (flying vehicles) as you can.  They are worth millions and can easily mean the difference between a pass and a fail.

A new one
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2009, 12:07:28 PM »

There are some excellent tips in there, raz.  Good find!

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2009, 02:50:05 PM »

thanks to the tip on the green blips for the radio tags I was able to find a few last night and unlock a MOAB.  I then planted it on a vehicle, rigged the vehicle with 5 mines, and drove it into the Dust Town Hall.  I blew up the vehicle, turned to watch the massive explosion, and nothing happened except for the vehicle blowing up and no buildings going bye-bye.  I ran in and checked, the vehicle was a burned out hulk with pieces everywhere so it did blow up.  am I missing something?  the screen said I had the MOAB armed when I was in the vehicle.

I also picked up the rocket launcher last night and found, while it does nice damage, it feels pretty 'meh' when you fire it.  maybe I got spoiled with the Prototype rocket launchers I was using before I fired up RFG and bought it.

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2009, 02:52:43 PM »

I can't beat the freaking demo mission.  If I try to walk around calmly, I start getting shot at. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2009, 02:54:46 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on June 10, 2009, 02:52:43 PM

I can't beat the freaking demo mission.  If I try to walk around calmly, I start getting shot at. 

from what I hear the demo is a bad one.  I didn't even bother with it.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »

Here's the secret: don't walk around calmly, start smacking guys with your hammer!  smile  Really, though, I think when playing the demo I figured the best way to go was to get to the mech as quickly as possible and then cause total destruction afterwards.  That thing has a ton of armor and you can walk around calmly in that all day.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2009, 03:20:26 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 10, 2009, 03:10:33 PM

Here's the secret: don't walk around calmly, start smacking guys with your hammer!  smile  Really, though, I think when playing the demo I figured the best way to go was to get to the mech as quickly as possible and then cause total destruction afterwards.  That thing has a ton of armor and you can walk around calmly in that all day.

I started causing destruction and it makes the baddies go look where the fire is, instead of where you are at that moment!
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2009, 05:05:06 PM »

i picked up on a few of those during the last few days.  also, i would add that it's good to get high in this game.  fly to the top of the nearest mountain if you plan on taking out high value targets or during missions.  once you get the jetpack, most enemies can't reach you and only flyers are a problem.  not much really as once you have the heat seeking option for the rpg, they go down in one hit.  3 or 4 shots with the nano rifle.  during the 'kill the sniper' mission, i was getting annoyed with it until i got up over the buildings.  then a few nicely placed thermobaric rockets brought the building down.  i also used this tactic to bring down the big edf base in the badlands. 

you really want to get that demo mission done as soon as possible.  using a mech is awesome outside of the heavy weapons missions. 

btw, in the other mission in eos, where you are tasked with climbing the unfinished towers to take out business leaders, there is a great alternative to fighting your way to the top.  beat that one in about a minute flat.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2009, 05:34:06 PM »

Some good tips in there.  My opinon on the game engine is changing, especially since I bought the Level 1 'Armor'.  having a doubled health bar is making the game better. 

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2009, 08:33:31 PM »

I've gone back to playing RFG after burning myself out on Fuel (ha!). Don't know how much time I'll put into it, since Map Pack 2 for CoDWaW comes out tomorrow. We'll see.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2009, 12:41:51 AM »

Playing MP now... lots of fun!!!!!

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2009, 04:04:24 PM »

make sure you make a manual save before you take on the main base in EOS.  damn, that was fun.  great setting and a number of ways you can tackle the objectives.

i've actually managed to find all of the edf supply crates and destroy them. and the propaganda boards too.  not sure what it did, but after the last crate, i got a cheat unlocked.  could be fun.

not likely to ever get all of the ore mined though.  those things are all over the place and i still have almost 90 to go. 

btw, i tried something new with the fliers and the nano rifle, which makes the hint earlier work.  don't aim for the body of those things.  so much more fun to watch them spiral into the ground anyways. 

funny moment regarding those.  i knocked one out of the sky and after it crashed, i get the message that 'x of 300 ore mined'.  apparently it crashed into a deposit or two.  biggrin
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:06:28 PM by Caine » Logged

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »

Aside from MP does anyone know of any differences between the Xbox and PS3 version of this game?
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2009, 07:39:10 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 11, 2009, 04:59:42 PM

Aside from MP does anyone know of any differences between the Xbox and PS3 version of this game?

The PS3 version was more difficult to program, so they left out being able to destroy world objects, such as buildings.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2009, 07:45:19 PM »

Just finished the game yesterday evening! 

Fricken sweet.  You know, i thought the storyline and cutscenes were really good for an action game too.  Voice acting was universally good too except for the radio tags, which were just funny on purpose i think:)

Really really enjoyed the game and when you complete it the gorilla actions you missed and that got vanished during the game open back up so you can go back and still complete all the gorilla actions and destroy any important targets you may have missed.

That last mission was a doozy even on normal mode, i would nOT wanna try that on a harder difficulty.

Completing the campaign unlocked "insane" difficulty mode.  I will not even try it, but i will replay the entire game again on the same difficulty as the first time through, the 2nd time around i will focus on doing all missions and destructions creatively and in the most interesting possible ways instead of just trying to win (still had a bunch of crazy fun random cool shit happen even though i was just trying to win).  I will also do all gurilla actions before advancing the 2nd time through instead of ending the game then realizing i hadn't done half of them (i had completed exactly 54 of 108 i think when i completed the game.

I may use the unlimited ammo cheat the 2nd time around since my goal is to be fun and creative, not have to worry about hitting up the main hideout for another singularity bomb or thermo rocket.

Oh, and i've only played a few multiplayer matches....time to get into more of that and give the world it's achievements for playing with someone who has completed the campaign.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2009, 07:51:19 PM »

i think it's pretty damn odd that i never got the singularity bomb, now that i think about it. 

i'm pretty sure that's the only weapon i never got to use and i really wanted to try it out too, although the grinder i passed on in favor of the arc welder.  (btw, i love that all of the guerrilla weapons look and sound like mining equipment)

finished 67 of the side missions, but i skipped out on the demo and racing ones about half way through when i saw that they stuck around after the sector was cleared. 

i figure i can get that achievement and the fliers one if i go at it directly.  not so much for the gold ratings though.

Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2009, 08:18:56 PM »

Quote from: Caine on June 11, 2009, 07:51:19 PM

i think it's pretty damn odd that i never got the singularity bomb, now that i think about it. 

i'm pretty sure that's the only weapon i never got to use and i really wanted to try it out too, although the grinder i passed on in favor of the arc welder.  (btw, i love that all of the guerrilla weapons look and sound like mining equipment)

finished 67 of the side missions, but i skipped out on the demo and racing ones about half way through when i saw that they stuck around after the sector was cleared. 

i figure i can get that achievement and the fliers one if i go at it directly.  not so much for the gold ratings though.

SBs (Singularity Bombs) are only available in the game by finding them hidden inside EDF priority targets (i think)  You may find singles or cases of up to 4 (if you upgraded via the hot salvage chick).

That said, the SBs are singularly underwhelming in their power due to the incredibly small radius of their blast.  Very few structures can be taken out by a single SB.  I was hoping for something that would literally suck the building into a black hole and be literally bye bye it's gone.

You cannot store SBs in your closet at the faction bases.  They are only available by finding them in the world and the only way to get more is to find more in the world, and if you equip a weapon over them at the storage closet, they go bye bye, you have to go find another in the world.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2009, 08:27:41 PM »

Quote from: Caine on June 11, 2009, 04:04:24 PM

make sure you make a manual save before you take on the main base in EOS.  damn, that was fun.  great setting and a number of ways you can tackle the objectives.

i've actually managed to find all of the edf supply crates and destroy them. and the propaganda boards too.  not sure what it did, but after the last crate, i got a cheat unlocked.  could be fun.

not likely to ever get all of the ore mined though.  those things are all over the place and i still have almost 90 to go. 

btw, i tried something new with the fliers and the nano rifle, which makes the hint earlier work.  don't aim for the body of those things.  so much more fun to watch them spiral into the ground anyways. 

funny moment regarding those.  i knocked one out of the sky and after it crashed, i get the message that 'x of 300 ore mined'.  apparently it crashed into a deposit or two.  biggrin

Got the supply crate acheivement but i've only done 90 of the 350 ore minings!  I hate those things....too time consuming to wack away at em all and they're not next to targets your're blowing up anyways like the supply crates.

Had a similar deal with a flier going down but it destroyed a priority EDF target and a supply crate next to the target, lol.  With another flier i had a total terminator salvation feeling moment, it was flying right at me when i locked a missile and fired, blew up but kept coming as dead weight...I ducked it scraped right over my head and went through a swath of gurillas fighting with me, killing several of them.  Freaking crazy being 2.5 feet from a big screen TV and seeing that flier coming right over your head in smoke n flames:)

I have totally not completed the propaganda boards cause they seem to respawn! And i can't figure what i've done and havn't. I'm probably missing 1 or 2 in the back in the way beyond section.

By the way, there are definitely MORE than the required number of supply crates to complete the challenge at 250.  During a near end of game mission you find a BUNCH of those supply crates all stacked around and you get to use a walker with rockets to destroy piles of them...you could probably rack up 50 supply crate kills in that last mission, so don't worry too much if you're nearly through EOS and are <40 or 50 till completing that challenge.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2009, 08:29:56 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on June 10, 2009, 05:34:06 PM

Some good tips in there.  My opinon on the game engine is changing, especially since I bought the Level 1 'Armor'.  having a doubled health bar is making the game better. 

Game does a consistently good job until the very very last mission of granting you enough "armor" (health) and other tools to get the job done in the face of increasingly tough opposition.

That's my only beef with the game though now that i've completed.  I'm very upset that you get armor upgrades but never change apperance from the miner coat.  He really should have gotten appearance upgrades both times to make him look tougher (real armor on the character).
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2009, 09:01:04 PM »

Quote from: Caine on June 11, 2009, 07:51:19 PM

you can try them out in the Wrecking Ball part of the game - its a "Pass-the-controller" MP game, where you have to destroy as much as possible, within a timelimit - great fun to see a building get sucked into a vortex :-D

A new one
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2009, 05:03:00 AM »

Put in some more time on this, and went around doing some of the side missions in Dust (or trying to).  I did one transporter mission (with 1.4 secs to spare at the end), failed miserably at a convoy (apparently I need to up my sticky bomb count and find a better place to hide from the convoy), and think I did a guerrilla strike one, but I'm not sure if I was successful.  It's the one where

Spoiler for Hiden:
you start by taking out an EDF building at the wind farm, then have to take down all 12 turbines.  I got to the turbines part, and all hell was breaking loose because of the EDF showing up like there were free drinks.  Three or four vehicle swaps later, I got all 12 turbines, but I never saw a mission completion screen.  I went back to the safe house, but I'm not sure if I got credit for finishing the mission, or if there was something else I was supposed to do.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2009, 05:44:38 AM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on June 11, 2009, 07:39:10 PM

The PS3 version was more difficult to program, so they left out being able to destroy world objects, such as buildings.

Aside from that, does anyone know of any differences?
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2009, 06:43:45 AM »

I havent heard of any differences, actually? I visited the forums a bit, and usually you can tell if ther's something missing in one version or another. No complaints, so I guess its the exact same version

A new one
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2009, 08:48:05 AM »

That's pretty much how things are these days.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2009, 09:28:56 AM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on June 11, 2009, 07:39:10 PM

Wow, that seems like a major difference.  Are you serious?  I read a review just now from IGN and it talked about destruction on multiplayer.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: