http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 02:52:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Rainbow 6: Vegas Impressions.  (Read 9260 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2007, 11:12:39 AM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on March 26, 2007, 02:21:08 AM

Quote from: ATB on March 24, 2007, 02:31:33 PM

W00t!

Finally have it. Finally have tasted the sweet candy that is terrorist hunt.  Ike is a less than capable partner.

So far the SP isn't wowing me, but the MP- with the limited skill and exposure I have- is great fun.

Excuse me?

Assault rifles at dawn sir.

Ike was an able, excitable, and willing partner in terrorist hunt yesterday. I am not sure if we are going to have time to get more of that or coop in during the week, but come Friday we will be tearing up the strip.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2007, 12:07:43 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 26, 2007, 11:12:39 AM

Ike was an able, excitable, and willing partner

Ooh, new sig.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on March 26, 2007, 12:07:43 PM

Quote from: Calvin on March 26, 2007, 11:12:39 AM

Ike was an able, excitable, and willing partner

Ooh, new sig.

That sounded so very very bad and unintentionally sexual when I read it now. EDIT YOUR POSTS CALVIN!
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2007, 12:25:19 PM »

And back on topic, I am love love LOVING this game.  I'm finding the single player portion very enjoyable.  The story is certainly passable.  The difficulty level on normal is perhaps a little too easy.  There have been some tough spots, but nothing frustratingly difficult.  I like that when I'm having a hard time, it probably means I need to change tactics, rather than just try again.  I'm probably about halfway through, so I do have some concerns about the length. 

However, I'm guessing this game's legs are in its mp.  I'm loving co-op.  I'm a sucker for anything co-op.  I played a few co-op missions and a few terrorist hunts with Calvin and ATB this weekend and it's just so compelling.  ATB and I were up until 3 am on Friday trying to beat one t-hunt and for those of you who have played Gears with me, you know that's WAY past my bedtime.  And by bedtime, I mean the time at which I involuntarily lose consciousness sitting on my couch. 

The graphics are very good, if not Gears quality.  I am especially impressed with the sound.  Guns and explosions sound especially meaty.  Excellent use of surround on a 5.1 setup.  I'm also a sucker for the persistent avatar concept and like the ranks and that you can unlock weapons, armor and outfits.  That said, I will play mp with anyone any time you see me online.  I need to outrank ATB so I can make him do my laundry.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2007, 01:04:43 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on March 26, 2007, 02:21:08 AM

Quote from: ATB on March 24, 2007, 02:31:33 PM

W00t!

Finally have it. Finally have tasted the sweet candy that is terrorist hunt.  Ike is a less than capable partner.

So far the SP isn't wowing me, but the MP- with the limited skill and exposure I have- is great fun.

Excuse me?

Assault rifles at dawn sir.

Who was it that kept going to the same spot on the map and dying time after time after time after time despite being warned and rebuked not to do so by his teammate? Ike that's who!

Who walked in front of me when I was throwing a grenade at a room full of bad guys causing it to bounce back and kill me?  Ike, that's who!

Who wasn't using night vision despite the map being pitch black? Ike, that's who!
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2007, 01:55:09 PM »

You were using night vision on that map?

Oh yeah, well who kept blowing both of us up with one grendade?

Actually, that may have been Calvin.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 01:58:14 PM by IkeVandergraaf » Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2007, 02:40:06 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 26, 2007, 01:04:43 PM

Who walked in front of me when I was throwing a grenade at a room full of bad guys causing it to bounce back and kill me?  Ike, that's who!

That should be some kind of achievement  icon_biggrin  The online unlocks are nice but I haven't seen anything that really stands out yet.  I remember the Colt Commando being a big deal and then I got it and I was not very impressed with it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2007, 02:44:48 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 26, 2007, 02:40:06 PM

Quote from: ATB on March 26, 2007, 01:04:43 PM

That should be some kind of achievement  icon_biggrin  The online unlocks are nice but I haven't seen anything that really stands out yet.  I remember the Colt Commando being a big deal and then I got it and I was not very impressed with it.

You are effing crazy. The commando is one of the best guns in the game, by far, and a huge step from that hunk of junk FAMAS you love so much. I will school you with it this weekend to show you how good it is if that helps.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2007, 02:27:54 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
The ending is so full of suck that it's nearly as bad as Halo2's.  Gimme a break.  What suck.

I like short games, but this one seemed especially short.  For the single player experience I give it a B-.  If the MP is grand, it can probably earn a B+ overall.

The maps were fabulous albeit sterile.  Team AI horrible. Terrorist AI, better, but not great.

I'm underwhelmed.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2007, 03:19:54 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 30, 2007, 02:27:54 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
The ending is so full of suck that it's nearly as bad as Halo2's.  Gimme a break.  What suck.

I like short games, but this one seemed especially short.  For the single player experience I give it a B-.  If the MP is grand, it can probably earn a B+ overall.

The maps were fabulous albeit sterile.  Team AI horrible. Terrorist AI, better, but not great.

I'm underwhelmed.

I've found that I've pretty much bought the last 4 Tom Clancy Games (GRAW 1 & 2, Double Agent and Vegas) for the MP portion only.  I've tried the SP portions but I never make it very far, and since I'm not into Achievements there's not much incentive to finish them.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2007, 03:28:59 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 30, 2007, 03:19:54 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

I'm underwhelmed.

I've found that I've pretty much bought the last 4 Tom Clancy Games (GRAW 1 & 2, Double Agent and Vegas) for the MP portion only.  I've tried the SP portions but I never make it very far, and since I'm not into Achievements there's not much incentive to finish them.

Dear Lord.  Please change that avatar.  I feel a little gayer each time I have to look at it!

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2007, 03:36:39 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

I'm underwhelmed.

Huh, different strokes I guess.  I found the Team AI to be very competent and really got in to setting up coordinated assaults with them.  I enjoyed the SP campaign through and through.  In fact it was equally enjoyable for me to the MP portion and a large reason why it garnered the ever so coveted Jancelot GOTY award.  I played through it in co-op as well several times.  However, perhaps after the dreck that was Lockdown I was that much more blown away by this interation. 

The only dispappointment I had were the pop-up enemies in the terrorist hunt mode.  I wish they had just prepopulated the levels.  The sniper rifles were completely useless.  They were basically invisible monster closets.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 09:30:51 PM by Jancelot » Logged
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2007, 07:52:30 PM »

I finished the SP campaign also.  I thought the ending was ass, but since the plot was fairly incomprehensible anyway, I wasn't too disappointed.  Generally I enjoyed the game, but it was simultaneously too short and too repetitive.  There also weren't any "setpiece moments".  I mean, I don't expect a "boss battle" in a pseudo-realistic game, but I didn't feel there were any "wow" moments.  Good solid gameplay throughout however.  I found the AI passable, friendly more so than enemy.  The enemies never seemed to get tougher, only more numerous.  I have enjoyed what I've played of the mp a great deal, but I've only played a few co-op maps.

Gamertag = IkeV
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2007, 09:15:44 PM »

I loved the single-player campaign.  Was a lot of fun.  I found the Teammate AI to be pretty good, much better than GRAW2's at least.  I never died in Vegas because my AI friend's ignored the terrorist running up to me and gunning me down.

The ending was a bit crappy.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2007, 09:20:39 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on March 30, 2007, 09:15:44 PM

I loved the single-player campaign.  Was a lot of fun.  I found the Teammate AI to be pretty good, much better than GRAW2's at least.  I never died in Vegas because my AI friend's ignored the terrorist running up to me and gunning me down.

The ending was a bit crappy.

Agreed with Jarrod, think ATB is honestly far off the mark on the SP.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2007, 09:38:35 PM »

the SP campaign was very fun, although the ending sucked of course
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2007, 12:31:45 PM »

I'm currently going through it again on realistic. Let's see how we do.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2007, 12:56:49 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 02, 2007, 12:31:45 PM

Its hard. You will die, a lot. You will likely fail.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2007, 12:58:36 PM »

Has the realistic bug been patched?  Otherwise there's a good chance you're actually playing through on normal. 
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2007, 01:01:43 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 02, 2007, 12:58:36 PM

Has the realistic bug been patched?  Otherwise there's a good chance you're actually playing through on normal. 

I was wondering why it wasn't harder yet.

How do I find this out?
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2007, 01:02:03 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 02, 2007, 12:56:49 PM

Can't be any worse than COD2.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2007, 01:08:25 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 02, 2007, 01:02:03 PM

Quote from: Calvin on April 02, 2007, 12:56:49 PM

Can't be any worse than COD2.

Um. Its at least twice as hard as the hardest difficulty in COD2. Played both, finished both. Mark my words. You will fail.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2007, 01:11:55 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 02, 2007, 01:01:43 PM

How do I find this out?

Not sure how you check for it but I believe the bug is triggered by starting on realistic difficulty after starting on Normal.  The game will revert to normal after you save and quit on realistic.  People who played only on realistic from the get go didn't have the problem.  The workaround, I believe, is to create a new profile and then start a realistic game on it.

But after at least two patches I would expect the bug would have been fixed however I've never heard any confirmation of it.

I believe in realistic you'll pretty much die after getting hit once or twice. 
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2007, 01:14:43 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 02, 2007, 01:11:55 PM

How do I find this out?

Not sure how you check for it but I believe the bug is triggered by starting on realistic difficulty after starting on Normal.  The game will revert to normal after you save and quit on realistic.  People who played only on realistic from the get go didn't have the problem.  The workaround, I believe, is to create a new profile and then start a realistic game on it.

But after at least two patches I would expect the bug would have been fixed however I've never heard any confirmation of it.

Create a new XBL profile?

Then I won't get the achievement and that's the point!

Can I just delete saved games?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2007, 01:58:08 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 02, 2007, 01:14:43 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 02, 2007, 01:11:55 PM

How do I find this out?

Create a new XBL profile?

Then I won't get the achievement and that's the point!

Can I just delete saved games?

Profile within the game not XBL.  So, yeah, I think you need to delete all of your old save games. 
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2007, 03:21:28 PM »

oh, that's not so bad

I'm guessing I would keep the medals, ribbons, etc., b/c those are tied to achievements

Gamertag = IkeV
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »

It is weird...I don't think that you will keep all of that.  I have had a couple of new Hard drives when my 360 broke and you basically start over.  The achievements are only stored online that you recieved them and has nothing to do with your game save.

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: