http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 04:38:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Rainbow 6: Vegas Impressions.  (Read 9331 times)
Jarrodhk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2006, 09:19:14 PM »

Okay, I know at least one person has the game already.  Unfortunately my gamestop is not as cool as this persons, so I will not have the game until tomorrow.  But I will have it tomorrow.

In the meantime, please feel free to comment on the game and make me feel even more impatient.  I may go to sleep and skip class to get it as soon as possible.  I mean, it is thanksgiving week anyway.  Who needs classes?

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 09:32:23 PM »

Sorry we didn't hook up for a game yesterday - by the time I downloaded the multiplayer demo, my kids were waking up from their naps.

I'd be up for trying to get a game together one of these nights again w/ some GTers...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 10:05:37 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 20, 2006, 09:19:14 PM

Okay, I know at least one person has the game already.  Unfortunately my gamestop is not as cool as this persons, so I will not have the game until tomorrow.  But I will have it tomorrow.

In the meantime, please feel free to comment on the game and make me feel even more impatient.  I may go to sleep and skip class to get it as soon as possible.  I mean, it is thanksgiving week anyway.  Who needs classes?
I guess at some point I should call and see if its in.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 10:29:47 PM »

Gamestop in the local mall had tons of them. I try to avoid them, but they're (unfortunately) the only chain around here that got the game in today. Everybody else (Best Buy, Toys R Us, and the rest) all say tomorrow.

So I bought it.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 10:45:41 PM »

<Cries>  my gamestop says tomorrow.  Why god... why?

Also, more impressions!

Guess I'll shoot germans until tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 10:49:41 PM by Jarrodhk » Logged

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 01:46:42 AM »

I got it and am raring(sp?) to go
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 01:50:35 AM »

Hark - We REALLY need to work on your Impressions skills.

icon_wink

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 05:39:29 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 21, 2006, 01:46:42 AM

I got it and am raring(sp?) to go

I want only impressions of the multiplayer graphics-same as demo or better? NOW!!
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 06:44:35 AM »

Away for Thanksgiving week, so out for now.  Hopefully the impressions suck so I can save the $60.   :slywink:

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 09:32:52 AM »

Well, the impressions suck.  That much is certain.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 12:02:32 PM »

I was playing until 1:30am on a work night so that should say something slywink

I can't guarantee that the graphics are better than the demo but it sure seemed they were to me.  At any rate it definitely didn't impeed my fun level in the slightest.  The maps rock, the rank system is very fun.  Love to give more detailed impressions but I have work to do. (Gotta get Sgt today AND do real work)
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 01:13:44 PM »

Well, didn't get the game last night, but I did finish the campaign in Call of Duty 3.  <shrug>  Stupid germans.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 02:38:13 PM »

So, I had a chance to mess around with this last night a bit.  Overall, I really like the game.  I haven't touched the 'true' single-player yet, though. 

Jarrod, Smurffy, Soulchilde, and I went through the first two missions (I think it was the first two, I don't remember) of the co-op missions together last night.  Played it on Realistic (the only way to fly) and 3 respawns each.  I think it would probably be better with zero respawns when doing co-op, as people wouldn't be so prone to running ahead and risking life and limb so easily. Anyway, that is really neither here nor there - as that's more personal preference.

I have heard mucho complaining about the multiplayer graphics on numerous website forums.  I really don't think they are that bad at all.  Perhaps they come off a bit "blurry" in spots, but overall, I think they look just fine.  This game seems to be so tailor-made for multiplayer, it isn't even funny.  I can see the legs on this game being pretty long, as once the co-op stuff is done, there is still Terrorist Hunt (even though the Terrorists apparently do not spawn in random spots - BUMMER!) and all the versus modes.   I would love to see some all-GT matches eventually on these MP modes.  I think it would be so much fun.  Part of the fun is watching other players and figuring out how to play and work together as a team.  Like, for instance... IF you are part of a team where a certain member throws a grenade, then, 5 seconds AFTER he throws it, yells "Grenade Out!"   icon_wink

We had some really great room breaches that we planned out before hand and worked flawlessly too.  And no, Soulchilde did not kill any of the hostages, amazingly enough!

After that, my nephew and I played the first map again on split-screen to see how it looked.  IMHO, it's servicable.  It played without a hiccup from a performance standpoint, and was incredibly functional, I just personally have a hard time with so much of my view missing.

That's all I did.  So much more to experience in this one.  I have no clue how well the single-player portion will play out, although I'm guessing it will be short but really good.  The multiplayer on the other hand should be great for a really long time. 

Oh, and watching a character's lips move as they talk into their mic is a total riot.     

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 06:48:29 PM »

Alright you mofo's, i caved and picked it up while Thanksgiving shopping this afternoon.  Will see everyone later tonight for some coop action. 

And since i'm new to Live, how do i join games with you guys and not just random games?

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 07:39:15 PM »

You be really nice and offer to give people money.  Then, maybe, you will get invited to a game.

LD

MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 08:08:15 PM »

I'm, hopefully, getting my copy on the 30th, wait for me!!!!

icon_smile

Xbox360 Live! Gamertag: Wuigi69
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 08:57:58 PM »

Alright fools.........look for me later this evening.  Taking the wife and son to see Escape Clause and will be on after that.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 03:40:41 AM »

Sorry guys that were on my server.  I had to use the restroom and put it on auto-launch in 60 seconds between rounds... then hit B instead of accept so it never launched frown
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 05:00:50 AM »

Hey Harkonis, sorry I've had to decline some of your invites, but I still don't have R6: Vegas : crybaby. Though I hope to get it on the last week of november or first week of december. Try looking me up for some GoW co-op/mp, though  icon_cool

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 04:50:36 PM »

I finished the SP this morning and  I think I logged maybe 15hrs.  Expect a part 2.  They left a few loose ends

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 05:03:53 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 24, 2006, 04:50:36 PM

I finished the SP this morning and  I think I logged maybe 15hrs.  Expect a part 2.  They left a few loose ends

But how was it?  How did it rank with like Ghost or GoW or any of the other shooters?  About as good, better, THE best of the bunch?   I like the 15 hours.  That is excellent to hear.  Also, one last question-would you play through again?

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 07:25:12 PM »

I'm getting close to the end of the sp.  Not sure how much time I've put in, I'd say somewhere around 12ish.  I will definitely play through again, at least co-op.  <eyes soulchilde, lockdown and papasmurff>

The story is okay.  About what I would expect.  There are some really nice levles and moments through the game.  Including a few that were really hard for me to work through without dying.

Looking forward to getting some more co-op campaign and T-hunts going on.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 09:45:24 PM »

You torture me.

But in a good way.  icon_cool

December 1st can't come too soon...

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 10:07:32 PM »

Right then.  As of Dec.1 I vote we all stop playing Rainbow 6.  ninja

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2006, 10:12:57 PM »

I really really want someone to play some coop Terrorist hunt with tonight-maybe even start the SP campaign coop (gotta get those achievements!)
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2006, 10:26:36 PM »

I should be up for some co-op T-hunts, at least until around 8pm central.  Need a little sleep before I work midnight to 8.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2006, 10:37:58 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 24, 2006, 10:26:36 PM

I should be up for some co-op T-hunts, at least until around 8pm central.  Need a little sleep before I work midnight to 8.
Ok man, I have some errand type things to do for an hour or so, but I will PM here or on live before then.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2006, 11:39:21 PM »

I'll be on later this evening, probably at about 11 est.  I'm up for some sp coop as well.  I'm almost done with the second mission but i'd love some company.  Having a great time with this game.

MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 03:54:50 AM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 24, 2006, 10:07:32 PM

Right then.  As of Dec.1 I vote we all stop playing Rainbow 6.  ninja

crybaby

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 06:07:31 AM »

Had a good time with you guys the other day. I hate how streaky and/or generally mediocre I am at this game in multi though.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 06:13:35 AM »

I know the feeling all too well.  I actually managed to come in 1st in a match for the first time tonight.  Thanks to a truly fortuitous bounce on a grenade.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 08:43:16 AM »

Ya i'm pretty terrible myself, but i'm enjoying playing with the gang here......

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 10:39:31 AM »

I'll tell you what.  The solo Terrorist hunts will hone your paranoia about opening doors, windows, the space 5 steps behind you that you just came from...  one on 25-35 gets really interesting on some of the maps, such as LVU library and the dam.  Just so many places people can hide and pop out from.  It is slowly making me be simultaneously more cautious and less likely to hold still for very long.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 02:12:55 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 25, 2006, 10:39:31 AM

I'll tell you what.  The solo Terrorist hunts will hone your paranoia about opening doors, windows, the space 5 steps behind you that you just came from...  one on 25-35 gets really interesting on some of the maps, such as LVU library and the dam.  Just so many places people can hide and pop out from.  It is slowly making me be simultaneously more cautious and less likely to hold still for very long.

I wanna play Co-Op! I wanna play Co-Op!

=(

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 02:21:41 PM »

Bah, nobody was up for it at the right times last night.  I'll be on from around 7-8pm central tonight, and then I'll be on from midnite to 8am.  Gotta love holiday shifts that allow you to have a tv and 360 all night.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 03:12:46 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 25, 2006, 10:39:31 AM

Do you get online experience for the co-op terrorist hunts?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 03:17:23 PM »

I'll be on again later this evening after the USC/ND game.  I really would like to try something a bit different than the team vs team kill.  I'd really like to try coop or terrorist hunt or whatever. Can we do the sp story coop?  I'm right at the end of the 2nd mission so i'd like to try it from there or at the next mission if anyone wants.

Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 05:32:25 PM »

I'd like to play some more co-op Story and TH as well.  The multi-play vs. is great but I need a little variety.  The only issue I have wiht TH is that everything is close up as they seem to spawn dependent on where you go.  Therefore sniper-rifles and long-range scopes are pretty much useless.  Not a big deal but it would've been nice to have them randomly placed around the map at the start.  Maps like Border Town and the Dam would be great for some precision sniping headectomies.  icon_twisted
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2006, 04:36:06 PM »

I got back in the country yesterday and took some games to trade in. Then I had to decide on either this or GoW. This won.
Played some co-op with Jancelot and Kaigen, and wow is this game fun! As exhausted as I was from getting up at 3:30 my time, I couldn't tear myself away to go to bed. The rappelling and fast roping makes the breeches so much fun in co-op (as well as quite easy to totally mess up).

PSN ID: EduardoX
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2006, 09:23:58 PM »

AAARRRGHHH!!!  Hulk smash!

Went through the campaign on Realistic to get the Rainbow Legend achievement.  Finished it.... no achievement.  FInished it by doing something I didn't realize could be done the first couple of times... no achivement.  This makes me really really upset.

Or at least frustrated.

edit: of course there's also the alternative that despite what I thought I did, it wasn't set to realistic.  Which is still annoying.  Guess I'll have to run through it again one more time to make sure.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 09:37:10 PM by Jarrodhk » Logged

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: