http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 04:22:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Oblivion - GOLD - Ships/In Stores 3/20!!!  (Read 26597 times)
Scoop20906
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 20, 2006, 07:57:41 PM »

I am refusing to call my EB. I will just stop in on my way home and if they don't have it just go home and play psychonauts.  Tongue

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 20, 2006, 07:59:03 PM »

all EB's Gamestops and BB in Houston say tomorrow but Fry's says today at 4pm.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 20, 2006, 10:21:33 PM »

No Joy. Sales lump wasn't there but the EB guy made sure to tell me that it only shipped today. They love getting their points across. Thinking about checking out Best Buy later tonight just for the fun of it plus I have a 10% off coupon I can use.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 20, 2006, 10:29:20 PM »

I`m checking for you bloody fools and I don`t even plan on buying it for a while :wink: !!! I`m near Cleveland, Ohio and the EB I called said that some of the stores around here had it for preorders today. My PC needs work before I grab this, and I might just wait and grab it on 360 WHEN I GET ONE!!! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: Hope that helps!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 20, 2006, 10:30:26 PM »

Quote from: "Scoop20906"
I am refusing to call my EB. I will just stop in on my way home and if they don't have it just go home and play psychonauts.  Tongue

That`s a great game right there!!!
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 20, 2006, 10:30:30 PM »

I love when the sales lumps insist that they are correct...."The street date is tommorrow", "no stores have it today", "it is not released yet" etc....
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 20, 2006, 10:31:47 PM »

Lol srry bout the numerous posts really fast, but...LOL "Lumps"  :lol: . I agree with what was stated above though, you know...about these "lumps" :wink: !
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 20, 2006, 10:39:31 PM »

just went by fry's and the sales lumps told me it wont be in until tomorrow, I mentioned that I was told they would have it today by 4pm and they just said they dont have it yet. I really hate frys and rarely ever go so I am annoyed that I made a trip there for nothing. :evil:
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 20, 2006, 11:53:34 PM »

Quote from: "bluntman72"
just went by fry's and the sales lumps told me it wont be in until tomorrow, I mentioned that I was told they would have it today by 4pm and they just said they dont have it yet. I really hate frys and rarely ever go so I am annoyed that I made a trip there for nothing. :evil:

There ad said it be in stores tomorrow at 4pm.  Don't see why you should be mad at fry's
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 21, 2006, 12:08:22 AM »

I'M RICH, BIOTCH! BWA HAHA HAHAHAAAAAA!!!   :twisted:

i.e. I'm going to go play the game now!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: March 21, 2006, 12:10:21 AM »

I've got the video and Construction set.

Here ya go folks:
http://www.gamingtrend.com/video/Oblivion_Construction_Set.exe

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: March 21, 2006, 01:45:09 AM »

Quote from: "Farscry_Redux"
I'M RICH, BIOTCH! BWA HAHA HAHAHAAAAAA!!!   :twisted:

i.e. I'm going to go play the game now!

Yeah, I saw you online on my Live Friends list.

I hate you. And that little Hetz too. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: March 21, 2006, 01:52:48 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"

Here ya go folks:

Thanks!  So anybody want to tell me what I just downloaded?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: March 21, 2006, 02:14:17 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

Here ya go folks:

Thanks!  So anybody want to tell me what I just downloaded?

That, along with an install of the game, will allow you to make your own Oblivion content.  I imagine Tim will be using it to remake his shopkeeper mod. biggrin

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: March 21, 2006, 02:25:13 AM »

That, along with an install of the game, will allow you to make your own Oblivion content.  I imagine Tim will be using it to remake his shopkeeper mod. biggrin

In theory, I might even have it up tomorrow.

Depends on how engrossed I am with the game itself. And how quickly my skills (or lack thereof) from Morrowind transfer over. biggrin

But doesn't the construction set come with the game like it did with Morrowind?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 21, 2006, 02:44:28 AM »

No, you have to download it separately...

I also wonder if it would be possible to have a construction set that works without having the game installed. This way people who don't have the game can still make mods.
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 21, 2006, 02:54:54 AM »

Quote from: "naednek"
Quote from: "bluntman72"

There ad said it be in stores tomorrow at 4pm.  Don't see why you should be mad at fry's

I was mad because I was told over the phone that they had it today then I went by the store to be told they dont have it, plus I hate Fry's anyway so its easy to be annoyed at them.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 21, 2006, 04:47:46 AM »

I have a gripe (although I know better and shouldn't gripe) but WTF are they telling people ordering pre-orders what the ship date is. Why not tell people the date it is susposed to arrive at the store?? I know it sound pissy but we are their friggin core and they should be more honest with us. No more ship dates. Give us the freaking release date.

Can't stand sales lumps!! (Did I coin a new phrase???  biggrin )

Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 21, 2006, 05:28:00 AM »

Quote from: "Scoop20906"
I know it sound pissy but we are their friggin core and they should be more honest with us.

I hate to break the news to you, but we are not the core anymore for specialty game retail chains.  Why?  Because we've already embraced digital delivery, we buy most of our stuff online, and we are not susceptible to their sales pitches for stuff we don't need.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 21, 2006, 04:24:34 PM »

I stopped by Best Buy last night just on the off chance they got the shipment late and put it out. I was on my way to someplace else so it wasn't a special trip. I went to the Xbox 360 aisle a blue shirted employee asked me within a minute if I needed any help finding something. I asked if they had Oblivion and the employee said, no we will receive our shipment and tomorrow and then he said sorry I made the trip and they didn't have it.

No EB sales lump tude. Thats all I ask. (I am positive not all EB stores are like this but why does it have to be the one close to me?)

I will hit Best Buy later on tonight and cancel my EB pre-order.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 21, 2006, 05:32:37 PM »

I have aquired my copy!  Yay!  Of course I was up all night and am really sleepy right now... so I should wait to play until I rest.

Or... I could drink a coke and play now!

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 21, 2006, 05:34:02 PM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
I have aquired my copy!  Yay!  Of course I was up all night and am really sleepy right now... so I should wait to play until I rest.

Or... I could drink a coke and play now!

Have fun Jarrodhk! I will get mine later tonight hopefully.

markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 21, 2006, 05:38:13 PM »

Just got the 360 Collector's Edition from Holyoke, MA Best Buy.  I actually had to take it out of their little stocking shopping cart.  I've really grown to enjoy getting new releases at Best Buy.  Their website is very accurate as far as saying when the item is in the store.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 21, 2006, 05:40:47 PM »

My Best Buy is not as conveniently located as my EB store is but I am going to start doing my new release shopping there too. I am lazy but I am done with the sales lumps at that particular EB Games.

markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 21, 2006, 05:45:35 PM »

I would figure that sometimes it's got to be no fun trying to push EB Games agenda.  I popped over there while I was waiting to grab my Oblivion copy (it was in store but not out on the floor yet) and some guy was asking about the PC version.  The woman said that they only had the regular but would have the Collector's maybe after 2.  Then she asked him if he had preordered and he said no and she was like - "well if you had pre-ordered I'd be calling you to let you know it was coming instead of you having to check".  Of course since it wasn't there yet it was kind of a moot point wasn't it?  Plus it was being stocked on the shelves at Best Buy just a hop down the mall hallway.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 21, 2006, 05:53:20 PM »

Picked up my copy at lunch...  Eagerly awaiting 11 hours from now when I'll actually be home and able to play.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 21, 2006, 05:55:38 PM »

The dudes at the EB Games by me were awesome.  Too bad it got shut down when the Gamestop acquisition kicked in.

The guys at the Gamestop by me...holy shit, I literally can barely stand to set foot in there.  It took all of my willpower to preorder Oblivion from them.  I did it because the store is like 3 minutes away and it was best shot at getting the game ASAP from a local brick and mortar.

The second you walk in they are trying to push shit on you.  Bring used games?  Want the guide?  Want to become a member of some fucking thing?  You sure you dont want the guide, its 20% off, you know?  Next time bring your used games, it makes your new ones cheaper!  Oh wait, you want to pre-order this game here?  The one that is nothing at all like the game you just asked me about?  No?  What about EA-game-2007?  Its awesome!  Etc. etc. etc.  On top of all of this, they dont come across like genuine gamers.  If you ask them about a game they parrot back-of-the-box bullet points to you.

Also, and I know most of them are like this these days, the place is just fucking console city.  And the crowd there is like wigger wanna-be's trying to sell back questionable looking merchandise.  The PC section is just a half-height stand-alone island in the very back of the store.  They have more shelf space devoted to strategy guides than PC games!

olaf

edit: In my ranting I forgot to add that my copy is supposed to be in at 12:30.  I should have it early this afternoon, I am psyched.
dback99
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 21, 2006, 07:47:09 PM »

I just picked up the Collecters Edition for the Xbox 360 from Best Buy here in Scottsdale, Az.   I had a preorder in at Gamecrazy, but they didn't have any Collecters Editions availalbe.   The packaging is pretty impressive, and the Pocket Guide is great.  Im a sucker for the additional history smile

Of course, being at work instead of playing the game is killing me!  So if your in AZ, the Best Buy at PV Mall at Cactus/Tatum had quite a few regular & collector editions for both PC & Xbox.

-Dback

Xbox Live tag: dback99

Listening to: volbeat!!

Playing: swtor, skyrim, rocksmith, ootp11
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: March 21, 2006, 08:12:05 PM »

Welcome DBack!  I go to the EB on Shay.  They treat me well over there and none of them would be classified as 'sales lumps'.  Good people. smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
dback99
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 21, 2006, 09:26:44 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Knight.  I've shopped at that EB as well, and I agree, very helpfull and lumpless!  I've been reading the board for awhile and plan on becoming more active.   And now I continue the agonizing wait until I leave work smile

Xbox Live tag: dback99

Listening to: volbeat!!

Playing: swtor, skyrim, rocksmith, ootp11
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 21, 2006, 10:40:45 PM »

Went in this afternoon to the GS where I pre-paid for my CE edition. Unfortunately the ASSistant Manager, whom I dislike, was there. He had pulled the regular editions (which my friend bought), but told me that it would take an hour for him to go through the 3-4 boxes he had left. 1 HOUR for 3-4 small boxes...

Also, and he has done this to me before, he basically ignored me after I asked for Oblivion (and before my friend paid for his) and started helping a customer who had come in after us, even though we were waiting. I really can't stand him. He somes off as rude to me and seems very anti-social.

As soon as all my pre-orders are done (most are store credit, which I don't know if you can transfer) I am going to stop going there and I'm seriously thinking about writing to the district manager. I never had a problem there when the old store manager was there.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: March 21, 2006, 10:50:24 PM »

Quote from: "Punisher"
Went in this afternoon to the GS where I pre-paid for my CE edition. Unfortunately the ASSistant Manager, whom I dislike, was there. He had pulled the regular editions (which my friend bought), but told me that it would take an hour for him to go through the 3-4 boxes he had left. 1 HOUR for 3-4 small boxes...

Also, and he has done this to me before, he basically ignored me after I asked for Oblivion (and before my friend paid for his) and started helping a customer who had come in after us, even though we were waiting. I really can't stand him. He somes off as rude to me and seems very anti-social.

As soon as all my pre-orders are done (most are store credit, which I don't know if you can transfer) I am going to stop going there and I'm seriously thinking about writing to the district manager. I never had a problem there when the old store manager was there.

Seriously - write to the DM.  Thats a load of crap.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 21, 2006, 10:56:04 PM »

got mine at the Comp USA on 1960 in Houston\humble area of TX. I have it paid off at the EB I use but for $44.99 I can just apply that to another game or get a refund. I am also stuck at work and cant wait till I get home to try it. I only saw like 4-5 copies when I got there but they may have more in the back.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: March 21, 2006, 11:35:55 PM »

I bought a copy of the CE and I don't even have a 360.  The hype is strong with this one!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 22, 2006, 12:28:35 AM »

Quote from: "Punisher"

Seriously - write to the DM.  Thats a load of crap.

Yeah, I decided tonight that I am going to. I went back and found out that they didn't have any CE's! Apparently, none of the other GS's nearby got any either (except for the 360 version, bah..)It would have taken him 5 minutes to check the boxes and tell me that so I didn't have to make a 2nd trip for nothing. One other reason I was holding back was that I like most of the people in the store and didn't want to get "the store" in trouble. I found out that wasn't the case and that other customers have complained. I figured it's better to try to get him out before he ruins the stores whole reputation.

On a side note, the manager was nice enough that I got a regular edition to play and can return it when the CE's come in, so I'm not SOL! Yay!
We already tried my friends copy at work on a PIV 3.6Ghz, 2GB, 7900GTX 512MB system. Maxed out everything and it ran smooth. smile
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: