http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 07:44:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Oblivion - GOLD - Ships/In Stores 3/20!!!  (Read 26338 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 19, 2006, 04:55:32 PM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
Any chance there will be a demo for the PC version?  I'm close to the minimum requirements, and I'm not willing to risk it without playing a demo first.

They keep saying there will never be a demo, so I doubt it. There was never one with Morrowind either.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 19, 2006, 05:13:16 PM »

Quote from: "Sparhawk"
Just to doublecheck and to clear up some confusion going on at the main forums I want to ask a very important question.

Can you invert the Y-Axis?

Yeah, you can invert it.

No plans for a demo.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 19, 2006, 05:14:33 PM »

Lol, its' not cumbersome  for me - I cannot play non-inverted, lol (vertically, can never remember which axis it is anymore, i'm assuming it's Y).  And somewhere along the line I think I became unable to play non-inverted on the horizontal.  I'm not sure of that yet, because it's rare that I play a game that isn't already the way I like it left-to-right.  I think the blame belongs to console FPS's!  Makes for a confusing set up for me on games that come in as a mix, lol.  :roll:

But to topic:  Morrowind could be inverted, or I wouldn't have been able to play it, so I would assume that would be true of Oblivion.  You also had the choice of playing first person, btw, though third was more fun if u wanted to see your character battle.  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: March 19, 2006, 05:15:05 PM »

I'll be really surprised if that answer is anything but yes. Most games that have something remotely close to some sort of 3rd/1st person view have an option to invert the Y-axis when it comes to mouse control.

And I'm the same way - I have to have my Y-axis backwards. Always thinking like I'm flying my person/camera for some reason or another.

Edit: Nothing like seeing 3 answers in the span of 2 minutes. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: March 19, 2006, 05:17:33 PM »

Isn't the invert axis option part of the controller setup on one of the blades?  I guess they aren't required to use that profile but isn't that why it's there?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 19, 2006, 05:17:55 PM »

Yeah, here's another, lol - I knew someone would answer that question, just didnt know it would happen between me previewing and submitting, lol!  :lol:

Kathode, despite the nay-sayers, you are my god and always will be... (you could even get a capital G on Tuesday, lol)  Cool

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 19, 2006, 06:30:59 PM »

I can only play PC games with the mouse inverted, and I can only play console games with the "look" stick non-inverted.  Go figure. Cool

-Autistic Angel
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 19, 2006, 06:45:06 PM »

I figured Y-Axis inversion was possible, but wanted to make absolutely sure.

Next question: Are there mirrors in the game? I want one for my house so I can check it each day to see who the fairest of them all is.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 19, 2006, 09:21:23 PM »

I'm becomming pessimistic about Hetz's "available the 20th" statements.  I talked to the GameStop I have it pre-ordered at (they have over 100 reservations now) and they say it's Tuesday.  Best Buy still says the 21st on their website.  So does every other retailer that uses their website to promote their stores as well.  Sunday flyers are promoting Tuesday or later as well.  None of that seems to support the idea that many stores have the game now and will put it out on Monday.

I would not be suprised if tommorrow is a disappointment for most all of us, including Hetz.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 19, 2006, 09:24:36 PM »

I can wait an extra day to get Oblivion, besides I'm near the end of GRAW and need to finish that first anyway.
philosophist_
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 19, 2006, 09:27:51 PM »

My EB in columbus, OH area just called. They'll have the 360 CE in tomorrow by 2pm! This works out well because I took Tuesday off in anticipation.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 19, 2006, 09:33:35 PM »

I know dual wielding is not in the game, but I'm wondering if Hand to Hand fighters use both hands, or only punch with one?  If a Hand to Hand fighter equips a shield, is the damage output the same?
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 19, 2006, 09:40:55 PM »

Quote from: "Sarkus"
I'm becomming pessimistic about Hetz's "available the 20th" statements.  I talked to the GameStop I have it pre-ordered at (they have over 100 reservations now) and they say it's Tuesday.  Best Buy still says the 21st on their website.  So does every other retailer that uses their website to promote their stores as well.  Sunday flyers are promoting Tuesday or later as well.  None of that seems to support the idea that many stores have the game now and will put it out on Monday.

I would not be suprised if tommorrow is a disappointment for most all of us, including Hetz.

It all depends on the area you live in.  The district where I used to manage an EB is fairly close to the local shipping sites.  Our DM would pick up the games, then all of the managers in our district would drive to her store for big releases to have them the night of instead of the day after.
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 20, 2006, 01:40:21 AM »

The EBgames near me got shut down shortly after the new year.  It sucked because the guys there were a lot easier to deal with than the competition...which was of course, Gamestop.  The one nearest me licks ass but I preordered there anyway.  I am about 99% sure that if the employees have to do anything at all even remotely proactive or out of the ordinary to dole out the game on Monday, I wont be getting the game til Tuesday...at best.

olaf
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 20, 2006, 02:40:40 AM »

My buddy at my local GameStop tells me they *might* have it Monday.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: March 20, 2006, 02:41:12 AM »

The feedback I'm getting from the Ontario EB's is that they are pretty damn certain they will be selling the game on Monday (sometime during the day, at any rate) I am hearing a ton of reports that EB and Gamestop managers across North America will be driving to their distribution centers to make sure their stores get the game on Monday. I kind of doubt if this is just talk 'cause it will really backfire on them if they don't follow through and end up with a store full of angry customers!

Or maybe they already have them in the back and have been told to not to tell customers....? (It really makes me wonder -- I have rarely heard these managers sound so confident about a release day!) Another thought is that they got burned on GRAW. In Ontario, at least, I know store managers were not given any accurate word on when the title would be in-store. Best Buy and WalMart were advertising that they would have it in on Wednesday of that week (i believe) and EB was telling their customers that it "might be in Friday, but we can't guarantee anything." I'd be surprised if they didn't lose some sales on that title.

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 20, 2006, 03:41:35 AM »

Quote from: "Cleric7"
The feedback I'm getting from the Ontario EB's is that they are pretty damn certain they will be selling the game on Monday (sometime during the day, at any rate) I am hearing a ton of reports that EB and Gamestop managers across North America will be driving to their distribution centers to make sure their stores get the game on Monday. I kind of doubt if this is just talk 'cause it will really backfire on them if they don't follow through and end up with a store full of angry customers!

Or maybe they already have them in the back and have been told to not to tell customers....? (It really makes me wonder -- I have rarely heard these managers sound so confident about a release day!) Another thought is that they got burned on GRAW. In Ontario, at least, I know store managers were not given any accurate word on when the title would be in-store. Best Buy and WalMart were advertising that they would have it in on Wednesday of that week (i believe) and EB was telling their customers that it "might be in Friday, but we can't guarantee anything." I'd be surprised if they didn't lose some sales on that title.

I got "the call" tonight by that automated "Aris" at Gamestop Headquaters that said I could pick up my copy of Elder Scrolls IV: Obivion CE, Monday Afternoon!  The manager already told me earlier in the week that they would be selling the game on Monday, but this confirmed it.

biggrin  biggrin  biggrin

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 20, 2006, 04:02:53 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"

I got "the call" tonight by that automated "Aris" at Gamestop Headquaters that said I could pick up my copy of Elder Scrolls IV: Obivion CE, Monday Afternoon!  The manager already told me earlier in the week that they would be selling the game on Monday, but this confirmed it.

biggrin  biggrin  biggrin

I hate you.... MY GS still says Tuesday at the earliest...
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 20, 2006, 04:11:34 AM »

I plan on making a run after work tomorrow to Best Buy and Gamestop (in that order) to see if either of them has it.  If the CE's available, I'll probably get that, but if not, no biggie.  It's one of those CE's where I'll be glad to get it for the extras if I can, but my impatience for the game itself outweighs my desire for the CE.  slywink

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 20, 2006, 04:16:39 AM »

I'm starting to think it's a "distance from the warehouse" thing.  If the product ships out from various warehouses on Monday morning, obviously it could easily arrive in some areas sooner than others.  So, some areas know that UPS will have it at their local distribution center by a certain time, allowing them to pick it up and sell it that night while others know it won't be arriving until much later, meaning no point in picking up.

Basically, it sucks if you are in the wrong part of the country.  Apparently I am since I have not received a call.

I'm planning an angry email to GameStop customer service if this is the way it plays out and an even angrier one if their competition pulls it off and has it locally before they do. :x

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 20, 2006, 06:05:46 AM »

Hey, me neither - Washington state getting the shaft again?  PERHAPS!

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 20, 2006, 09:34:18 AM »

I hate you all..............................still......................... :wink: !

I NEED to get a 360 way sooner than later!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 20, 2006, 12:43:54 PM »

Quote from: "Sarkus"
I'm starting to think it's a "distance from the warehouse" thing.  If the product ships out from various warehouses on Monday morning, obviously it could easily arrive in some areas sooner than others.  So, some areas know that UPS will have it at their local distribution center by a certain time, allowing them to pick it up and sell it that night while others know it won't be arriving until much later, meaning no point in picking up.

Basically, it sucks if you are in the wrong part of the country.  Apparently I am since I have not received a call.

I'm planning an angry email to GameStop customer service if this is the way it plays out and an even angrier one if their competition pulls it off and has it locally before they do. :x

It seems as if most of the people that will get it today are in the Midwest. Gamestops/EB's in WI, IL, MO, OH and MI will be selling it today.

That makes sense, cause the Take-Two warehouse is located in Ohio.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 20, 2006, 01:22:21 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I will have the game on the 21st.  I can wait one more doay.  it just means that I have to avoid OO/GT forums til Wednesday or so

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 20, 2006, 02:00:14 PM »

It seems as if most of the people that will get it today are in the Midwest. Gamestops/EB's in WI, IL, MO, OH and MI will be selling it today.

Hey, is Iowa on that list good sir?  smile

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 20, 2006, 02:19:02 PM »

I guess "Midwest" doesn't include MN. frown  I didn't get any calls from Aris yesterday, so I guess Tuesday is when I will get mine.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 20, 2006, 02:20:39 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry_Redux"

Hey, is Iowa on that list good sir?  smile

I believe that a person posted on the Official Forums that his Gamestop in Des Moines, Iowa would be selling the game today, but I am not 100% sure of that.

The other states though will have at least some stores selling the game today.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 20, 2006, 02:35:18 PM »

The GS and EB near me in Northern Virginia are sticking to their Tuesday release story.  I'll swing by on the way home from work to see if they picked up the shipment.  Both stores have over 100 pre-orders each according to the managers.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 20, 2006, 03:39:40 PM »

I got my pre-order two weeks ago at the EBGames at Pentagon City Mall in North VA and when I got it the sales lump told me Monday. Just FYI.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 20, 2006, 03:40:40 PM »

What exactly is a "sales lump" ?

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 20, 2006, 03:59:16 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
That is my not so affection description of the unidentified life form who took my pre-order. Because of his poorly developed frontal cortex, communication by him was carried out in a series of clicks, grunts, whistles and the odd german phrase. I was able to surmise the game will be available on March 20th by him stamping his foot twenty times but that could have also been a charlie horse. Hard to tell.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 20, 2006, 04:03:04 PM »

Ohhhh!!!!

I see you have met Devil!

Isn't he great!?!

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 20, 2006, 04:37:26 PM »

Quote from: "Scoop20906"
That is my not so affection description of the unidentified life form who took my pre-order. Because of his poorly developed frontal cortex, communication by him was carried out in a series of clicks, grunts, whistles and the odd german phrase. I was able to surmise the game will be available on March 20th by him stamping his foot twenty times but that could have also been a charlie horse. Hard to tell.

Good on you for helping him work through trying to communicate.  I know it can be frustrating, but your efforts will help him learn how to speak in complete sentences, acknowledge people, and form and articulate coherent thoughts.  

I wish my wife still worked in Clarendon, Id ask her to hit the Pentagon EB on the way home.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: March 20, 2006, 05:05:51 PM »

The "Sales Lump" at Best Buy clicked and grunted that it'll be in tomorrow.  Much the same with EB.  :/

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 20, 2006, 06:24:45 PM »

Quote from: "Roguetad"
Quote from: "Scoop20906"

Good on you for helping him work through trying to communicate.  I know it can be frustrating, but your efforts will help him learn how to speak in complete sentences, acknowledge people, and form and articulate coherent thoughts.  

I wish my wife still worked in Clarendon, Id ask her to hit the Pentagon EB on the way home.

The Pentagon has an EB? Jesus, I'm working in the wrong government district.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 20, 2006, 07:24:15 PM »

All of my stores say Tuesday.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 20, 2006, 07:29:51 PM »

My local Gamestop has an employee currently picking up their allotted batch of Oblivion in Chicago, then he's turning right back around and heading back to Cedar Rapids so they can sell them tonight.  They expect them in-stock around 5-6pm.

Booyah!  I went by at lunch and dropped a reserve down.  :twisted:

Pssst, for the other CR guys here, this was the Westdale Gamestop.  I imagine Lindale will be getting their shipment from the same guy.

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 20, 2006, 07:30:08 PM »

So the 1 day video, the Construction Set, and the Construction Set Wiki are now available:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: March 20, 2006, 07:37:44 PM »

Because of all of this, I now have to install and play Morrowind GOTY. Tongue
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 20, 2006, 07:50:15 PM »

Called my local EB to see if they had them in.  "Oblivion will be released tomorrow."  BLAST!

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: