http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 10:50:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Oblivion - GOLD - Ships/In Stores 3/20!!!  (Read 26498 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2006, 04:49:29 PM »

I have been unimpressed with the beast race pictures that I've seen - but I freely admit  that I  have had my head into FFXI so much that I havent been searching much.  But the ones I've seen were rather blah.  

Regardless, if I can find a decent character image of a Khajiit, that is undoubtedly what I will be. I'm glad I had the XBox version, the inability to wear foot armor was not a restriction to me, but a fun challenge.  I think I'd prefer not to be able to mod everything in a game, for me anyway, I'd probably go overboard and ruin the game, lol.

I believe of the three or four times I played completely through Morrowind (yes, I lost a spring and summer to the game) at least two were as a Scout. I like magic, but I'd prefer to build that up as I steal and sword-fight my way to fame and riches. :twisted:

I will never forget the voice that greeted me when I finally found the hidden cave with the ancestors, fairly near the end of the game... it was like - epiphanical - which is likely not even a word, but it was that awesome!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2006, 05:08:06 PM »

I love the elder scrolls games because they include the single coolest character class ever placed in an RPG:  The WitchHunter (although i tend to customize them a bit more to my liking).  i hope that's still in there!

i always seem to play some briton variation of either that or a scout.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2006, 05:46:42 PM »

Female Khajit assassin - little better endurance slywink  Plus I'll look awesome.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2006, 06:55:38 PM »

Ahhh, the return of my Khajiit thief - "Highroll Getsit"  If it isn't bolted to the floor its in my bag.  If it is bolted to the floor, I brought prying tools.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2006, 07:00:28 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
So with the translated stats that Hetz found for the races, what race does everyone intend on playing.

Nord or Redguard male as usual, depends on which looks better to me when I get started, since the stats appear to be identical. I'm a melee brute, I only took enough magic to get high enough in the mages guild to unlock something, I forget what.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2006, 07:35:41 PM »

Quote from: "hepcat"
I love the elder scrolls games because they include the single coolest character class ever placed in an RPG:  The WitchHunter (although i tend to customize them a bit more to my liking).  i hope that's still in there!

IIRC, Witchhunter is in there, but you can still customize classes.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2006, 07:36:32 PM »

Quote from: "Punisher"
As a new reviewer in general, I just wanted to mention some things, that I have assumed over the years about most reviews.

1) First and foremost, any review is just the opinion of the reviewer. There is not some magical course you can take that will give you a 100% accurate review that fits everyone's tastes. Some people like game A, some hate it. A reviewer is just another person.
2) If you keep track of reviewers, after a while you can get a feel for what types of games they like and how it compares to your feelings. You can then adjust the reviews accordingly.
3) If a reviewer has a liking for a particular genre, they are more likely to give a game in that genre more credit. (not nesescarily more then it deserves though). If they like that particular series, it will probably increase more. The opposite is also true. There are exceptions to everything though.
4) No reviewer can tell you what you will like. Use reviews as a guide.
5) I am willing to bet that the majority of reviewers do so without actually finishing a game (unless it is one of those 6-8 hour games). There is usually too much of a time constraint and some games take so long to finish, that it is not practical. That isn't to say that they don't play a lot of hours, but it could answer descrepancies when games go up and down or crash in quality in the full end game and reviewers don't mention it.

all of the above is my opinion and I may be completely wrong. I do know that my preview (and any future pre/reviews) are purely my opinion on what I saw in a game. I will also do my best to get as far as possible in a game as well, under the time constraints. As for my preview of Oblivion:
1) I am a fan of the series, but wouldn't consider myself a fanboy. I am a fanboy of games in general though. slywink
2) I never finished any of the Elder Scrolls games. They were too big for me, but I did have fun playing them. (And I did reinstall MW about a month or so ago and so far. I'm further along then I ever remember being.)
3) No game is perfect. For me the end question is, "Is the game fun overall?" If it is, then I will usually look past any "defects". For some, those same defects may be game killers. For some defects, they may kill the game for me, but others love it.

The first and worst mistake any reviewer of any medium can make is believing that what they say has any more weight as an opinion than that of the average man on the street. That's mainly why I take anything roger Ebert says with a pillar of salt. Sure he has plenty of history watching films, but so have I and plenty of others on this forum. Besides, anyone that freely admits to liking movies where the bigger the star actress's "assets" are the better he'll like it needs to be looked at with a discerning eye.

Any critique of anything anywhere is nothing more than one person's opinion set down in print. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2006, 07:53:15 PM »

I am probabily going to be a Nord Spellsword character for my first go through.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2006, 08:11:58 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
Ahhh, the return of my Khajiit thief - "Highroll Getsit"  If it isn't bolted to the floor its in my bag.  If it is bolted to the floor, I brought prying tools.

Ah, yes, Highroll Getsit. I remember you sending me shots of just how insanely rich you were at one point of the game from your 'borrowing' skills. biggrin

Oh, and as for me - some sort of fighter mage. Although, with armor now reducing magic skills (until high levels of armor skill), I'm not sure anymore...

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2006, 08:33:22 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
I have been unimpressed with the beast race pictures that I've seen - but I freely admit  that I  have had my head into FFXI so much that I havent been searching much.  But the ones I've seen were rather blah.  

Regardless, if I can find a decent character image of a Khajiit, that is undoubtedly what I will be. I'm glad I had the XBox version, the inability to wear foot armor was not a restriction to me, but a fun challenge.  I think I'd prefer not to be able to mod everything in a game, for me anyway, I'd probably go overboard and ruin the game, lol.

I believe of the three or four times I played completely through Morrowind (yes, I lost a spring and summer to the game) at least two were as a Scout. I like magic, but I'd prefer to build that up as I steal and sword-fight my way to fame and riches. :twisted:

I will never forget the voice that greeted me when I finally found the hidden cave with the ancestors, fairly near the end of the game... it was like - epiphanical - which is likely not even a word, but it was that awesome!  Tongue

Hey!  Myto!  What the heck are you doing here?  It's not a normal day when I go to Xbox.com and don't see "Mytocles - Playing PlayOnline Viewer, FINAL FANTASY XI".

Now, go back to playing darn it!  :wink:

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2006, 08:36:55 PM »

Is there a online source for Elderscrolls Class Descriptions?  My GoogleFu seems to be bad today and I can't find a comprehensive list

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2006, 09:22:58 PM »

I will be playing a custom class I designed in both Daggerfall and Morrowind (slightly different with each iteration, I'm sure I'll modify it again for Oblivion):

Male Redguard Duelist.  Sort of a swashbuckler type, but somewhat mixed with the concept of a sellsword and the nature skills of a ranger.  However, his honor is his name, and he continues on his search for the man or woman who can defeat him in a straight-up duel.

He has yet to be defeated by an honorable combatant.   biggrin

Skill focus is on light armor, swords (primarily rapiers and other light swords that are suited for duels), athleticism, survival skills (herbalism or whatever), light bow, low-grade spells (stuff like water breathing and other small enhancements), and the like.  Stealth is optional.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2006, 10:15:40 PM »

New screens from the 360 version on the official site!

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2006, 10:16:11 PM »

Quote from: "Roguetad"
Is there a link anywhere that describes the relationship between attributes and skills for Oblivion?  Have any of the attribute-skill relationships changed from MW to Oblivion?

Found this today in the Unofficial Official FAQs:

Strength
Blade (Master: Random paralyzing “neck-strike”)
Blunt (Master: Random paralyzing “neck-strike”)
Hand to Hand ("High-end" Levels: Probable counter-attack and disarming of enemies (when blocking), Master: Random paralyzing “neck-strike”)

Endurance
Armorer (Master: Repair items to 125% condition; repair hammers never used up)
Block ("High-end" Levels: Probable counter-attack and disarming of enemies)
Heavy Armor (Progressive: Smaller penalty on using magic)

Agility
Marksman (Progressive: Zoom-in feature, Expert: Knock down opponent)
Security
Sneak
Speed
Acrobatics (“High-end” Levels: Dodge)
Athletics (Progressive: Fatigue levels faster while running)
Light Armor (Progressive: Smaller penalty on using magic)

Intelligence
Alchemy (Progressive: Able to drink more potions and have more current effects)
Conjuration
Mysticism

Willpower
Alteration
Destruction
Restoration

Personality
Illusion
Mercantile (Master: Invest in stores to increase merchants maximum amount of money)
Speechcraft
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2006, 11:04:51 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
*more pretty pictures*

Stop teasing us Bethesda and just release the game! biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2006, 02:16:16 AM »

They are releasing it, next week.  slywink

Alongside my normal human character that I usually make, I figure I'll make an argonian to get some reptile love going on.  Tongue

Those latest screenshots really show off the draw distance.  I think I'll save the game at certain points just to load up for friends and family and show off how damn cool the game looks.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2006, 02:19:19 AM »

Yeah, that first shot is really impressive in terms of draw distance. This really looks like it will be 'epic' in every way.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2006, 03:07:59 AM »

Gorgeous!  I am looking forward to just wandering around in the wilderness, to be honest.  It looks so damned beautiful!

TheMissingLink on PSN
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2006, 03:45:48 AM »

This game can't come soon enough.  Hurry up 20th.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2006, 04:03:13 AM »

Oh I just learned an interesting tidbit. Many stores will get the game in starting tomorrow. It's started to ship from warehouses, but of course the stores can't sell it until the 20th....but it's going to be in stores starting tomorrow. I saw the Inventory computer at my local Best Buy tonight and it showed the game coming in tomorrow, gave tracking #'s/Truck #'s and all that jazz. The manager confirmed that they were indeed getting the game in tomorrow, but they couldn't sell it until the 20th.

Here is too hoping that some peon that doesn't know what he is doing, sets them out anyway!  biggrin

Also, I got a call tonight from my local Gamestop where i have the game preordered and they told me I could come pick it up on the 20th, not the 21st. They said it was being shipped the "same day" to them which is code for they will be sitting on it in the back for a week....but they can release it right away on the street date of the 20th! smile

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2006, 04:30:29 AM »

/me dons ninja outfit

'Cover me boys, I'm going in!'

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2006, 04:48:42 AM »

Hmh, I wonder if my EBGames.com pre-order will be shipped on friday of this week, so that I'd have it in my hands monday.

Fingers crossed'. This weekend's going to be unbearable.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2006, 04:52:52 AM »

Quote from: "Fellow"
Hmh, I wonder if my EBGames.com pre-order will be shipped on friday of this week, so that I'd have it in my hands monday.

Fingers crossed'. This weekend's going to be unbearable.

Well, EbGames.com just shipped out the strategy guide today, one day early (quite a few people that ordered from them got shipping notices tonight)....so I wouldn't doubt it.  smile

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2006, 05:01:58 AM »

Is it me, or does the new radiant AI and new AI features (moving through zones) seriously look like it could support a player party?  Something a group of modders could plug away at and produce a bunch of NPCs that will stay with you for most of the game, providing combat, packmule, or just witty commentary on situations?
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2006, 05:25:34 AM »

Looks like Target didn't get the memo about the street date...

This item will be released on March 15, 2006. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-11/qid=1142313230/ref=sr_1_11/602-6791111-4793419?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000BC38LA

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2006, 05:31:28 AM »

This item will be released on March 15, 2006. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-11/qid=1142313230/ref=sr_1_11/602-6791111-4793419?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000BC38LA

I normally avoid Target, but uh...I may have to pay a visit.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2006, 06:12:37 AM »

You do know, Kathode reads these boards, all he has to do is make a few phone calls...
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2006, 06:40:32 AM »

Quote from: "naednek"

You do know, Kathode reads these boards, all he has to do is make a few phone calls...

Here's to hoping then that he's taking some time away from these boards. biggrin

As much as I'd like to do this though, I can't. Already have the Collector's Edition preordered elsewhere.

Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2006, 06:44:35 AM »

The sooner the better, but since I'm supposed to be starting a new job next week I have no idea how much time I'll have to play.  Oh the irony since I've been unemployed for two months! frown

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2006, 12:28:33 PM »

Lots of people that preordered Oblivion from Take-Two got this email yesterday....

A package with a Click-N-Ship® label created on usps.com containing the following information is scheduled to be shipped on 03/13/2006.

LISA A BUSH ROCKSTAR GAMES/TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE

Unfortunatily, it was just the international orders that were being sent yesterday (USPS Worldwide Express Mail).

docvego
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2006, 01:09:09 PM »

Oh I just learned an interesting tidbit. Many stores will get the game in starting tomorrow. It's started to ship from warehouses, but of course the stores can't sell it until the 20th....but it's going to be in stores starting tomorrow. I saw the Inventory computer at my local Best Buy tonight and it showed the game coming in tomorrow, gave tracking #'s/Truck #'s and all that jazz. The manager confirmed that they were indeed getting the game in tomorrow, but they couldn't sell it until the 20th.

Well, did you remember the truck numbers and their locations?

I'll go warm up the chopper!

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2006, 01:31:23 PM »

Quote from: "docvego"

Well, did you remember the truck numbers and their locations?

I'll go warm up the chopper!

wOOt!

Unfortunatily, I don't have the locations....guess we will just have to take out every truck that is bound for Best Buy.....

ninja

Oh and Circuit City has the game now, according to their website....

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/howToGetItTab.do?c=1&zip=08096&oid=144560#tabs

(Release Date 2/13/06)

I love Street Dating....    :lol:

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2006, 02:00:35 PM »

Looks like everyone has this mis-labeled cause Gamestop.com is showing a ship date of 3/14

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2006, 02:04:09 PM »

Quote from: "Soulchilde"
Looks like everyone has this mis-labeled cause Gamestop.com is showing a ship date of 3/14

It's not really mis-labeled...cause it is really shipping today, it's not going to be sold until the 20th, or at least it's not supposed to be sold until the 20th....but we all know how well street dates work.

I predict that by the end of the week, at least many shops in Europe will be selling it.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2006, 03:26:49 PM »

I predict that by the end of the week, at least many shops in Europe will be selling it.

And because of how street dates work, if word gets around that people are selling it elsewhere, street dates just might be broken...

We can only hope.

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2006, 03:43:45 PM »

Gamestop has now changed the date...damn....
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2006, 03:59:57 PM »

Well, I'll be checking my local Target the next couple of days to see if it's been placed on the shelves by mistake.  slywink

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2006, 04:57:22 PM »

And since we're all hyped about this game (but not as crazed as the people over at the Oblivion forums - good GOD they're like ravenous vampires or something for information), here's the racial bonuses ripped straight from the strategy guide:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Argonian Resist Disease (magnitude 75, constant), Resist Posion (magnitude 100, constant), Water Breathing (Constant)

Breton Fortified Maximum Magicka (magnitude 50, constant), Resist Magicka (Magnitude 50, constant), Shield (Magnitude 50, duration 60 once a day)

Dark Elf Summon Ghost (duration 60 once a day), Resist Fire (magnitude 75, constant)

High Elf Fortified Maximum Magicka (Magnitude 100, constant)
Weakness to Fire, Frost, and Shock (magnitude 25, constant); Resist Disease (Magnitude 75, constant)

Imperial Absorb Fatigue (magnitude 100, once a day), Charm (magnitude 30, once a day

Khajiit Demoralize (magnitude 100, once a day, Night-Eye (duration 30, unlimited uses!)

Nord Frost Damage (touch, magnitude 50, once a day), Shield (Magnitude 30, duration 60, once a day) Resist Frost (magnitude 50, constant)

Orc Berserk (Fortify Health 20, Fortify Fatigue 2000, Fortify Strength 50, Drain Agility 100; duration 60: once a day, Resist Magicka (magnitude 25)

Redguard Adrenaline Rush (Fortify Agility 50, Fortify Speed 50, Fortify Strength 50, Fortify Endurance 50, Fortify Health 25 Duration 60), Resist Poison (magnitude 75), Resist Disease (Magnitude 75)

Wood Elf Commmand Creature (magnitude 20, duration 60, once a day), Resist Disease (magnitude 75)

While the Argonian stuff is nice, having the Khajiit stuff would be more useful... Especially considering how cool the game looks while you have their bonus on...

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2006, 05:21:22 PM »

If the khajiit night eye has unlimited uses, why not just make it an on/off toggle?  Having to click Night Eye every 30 seconds seems kind of silly if it's use is unlimited.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2006, 07:00:43 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
And since we're all hyped about this game (but not as crazed as the people over at the Oblivion forums - good GOD they're like ravenous vampires or something for information), here's the racial bonuses ripped straight from the strategy guide:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Argonian Resist Disease (magnitude 75, constant), Resist Posion (magnitude 100, constant), Water Breathing (Constant)

Breton Fortified Maximum Magicka (magnitude 50, constant), Resist Magicka (Magnitude 50, constant), Shield (Magnitude 50, duration 60 once a day)

Dark Elf Summon Ghost (duration 60 once a day), Resist Fire (magnitude 75, constant)

High Elf Fortified Maximum Magicka (Magnitude 100, constant)
Weakness to Fire, Frost, and Shock (magnitude 25, constant); Resist Disease (Magnitude 75, constant)

Imperial Absorb Fatigue (magnitude 100, once a day), Charm (magnitude 30, once a day

Khajiit Demoralize (magnitude 100, once a day, Night-Eye (duration 30, unlimited uses!)

Nord Frost Damage (touch, magnitude 50, once a day), Shield (Magnitude 30, duration 60, once a day) Resist Frost (magnitude 50, constant)

Orc Berserk (Fortify Health 20, Fortify Fatigue 2000, Fortify Strength 50, Drain Agility 100; duration 60: once a day, Resist Magicka (magnitude 25)

Redguard Adrenaline Rush (Fortify Agility 50, Fortify Speed 50, Fortify Strength 50, Fortify Endurance 50, Fortify Health 25 Duration 60), Resist Poison (magnitude 75), Resist Disease (Magnitude 75)

Wood Elf Commmand Creature (magnitude 20, duration 60, once a day), Resist Disease (magnitude 75)

While the Argonian stuff is nice, having the Khajiit stuff would be more useful... Especially considering how cool the game looks while you have their bonus on...

Cool!

My copy of the strategy guide shipped today, so I should have it tomorrow. smile

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: