http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 06:37:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Oblivion - GOLD - Ships/In Stores 3/20!!!  (Read 26665 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2006, 10:14:59 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Wow, those graphics are pretty.  If only they'd spent some time making a decent game to go along with them.

Well we will find out soon.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2006, 11:49:44 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Wow, those graphics are pretty.  If only they'd spent some time making a decent game to go along with them.

Soon?  No, 'soon' we'll be buried under a mound of 9.x/10 reviews and a bunch of unnecessary post-shill from Hetz.  It'll be a month or two before we know if the game is more than a tech demo or not.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2006, 12:03:32 AM »

Soon?  No, 'soon' we'll be buried under a mound of 9.x/10 reviews and a bunch of unnecessary post-shill from Hetz.  It'll be a month or two before we know if the game is more than a tech demo or not.

Honestly, LE. Doesn't it ever get old being such a bitter person? I feel sorry for you.  frown

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2006, 12:14:56 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
Check out these wallpapers! smile

They are really amazing.

http://www.myjep.com/wallpaper/

*grabs*

New wallpaper is always a good thing. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2006, 01:52:40 AM »

Honestly, LE. Doesn't it ever get old being such a bitter person? I feel sorry for you.  frown
The only thing getting old here, Hetz, is Bethsoft's sorry excuse for RPGs.* **

*I mean, duh I hope Oblivion is a good game, but is anyone besides Bethesda fanboys actually convinced it will be?  The best I've heard from neutral parties is 'wait and see.'  After hearing some of the utterly idiotic design choices, (the nub 'quest compass,' the claim that mounted combat would be 'too complex' despite the two-man Mount&Blade team pulling it off with no fuss or hiccup, the removal of mark, recall, and levitate, axes = blunt weapon, no indication that combat is anything but the fetid abortion it was in Morrowind, etc etc etc), it pretty much has me convinced Bethsoft still doesn't have half a clue what they were doing.  On the other hand, Morrowind so perfectly axed everything that made Daggerfall interesting while keeping everything that held it back, so maybe it's not a case of ignorance, but a case of a conscious attempt to make progressively worse games.

Oh, but the graphics are pretty, I'll agree with you there.  They really leave the gameplay a shit-ton of space to hide behind.  Like I said, hopefully it won't need to.  But, let's face it, most likely it will.

**Correction, your fanboy pandering is getting old too.  Man I hope you're getting paid for it.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2006, 02:15:01 AM »

*I mean, duh I hope Oblivion is a good game, but is anyone besides Bethesda fanboys actually convinced it will be?  The best I've heard from neutral parties is 'wait and see.'  After hearing some of the utterly idiotic design choices, (the nub 'quest compass,' the claim that mounted combat would be 'too complex' despite the two-man Mount&Blade team pulling it off with no fuss or hiccup, the removal of mark, recall, and levitate, axes = blunt weapon, no indication that combat is anything but the fetid abortion it was in Morrowind, etc etc etc), it pretty much has me convinced Bethsoft still doesn't have half a clue what they were doing.  On the other hand, Morrowind so perfectly axed everything that made Daggerfall interesting while keeping everything that held it back, so maybe it's not a case of ignorance, but a case of a conscious attempt to make progressively worse games.

I always find it interesting that some people cannot see beyond their own opinions.  Fine, LE, if you didn't like Morrowind you probably aren't going to like Oblivion.  That doesn't mean that everyone who did like Morrowind and is excited about Oblivion deserves your condescending attitude.

I've got news for you LE: Despite what you may believe, you are NOT the center of the universe.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2006, 03:31:36 AM »

LE, people in this thread are excited about the game.  As fans of Morrowind it's not like they don't know what they are getting into.  I still don't see why you feel the need to come in here and shit on their parade.  I honestly don't understand why you would do this.  You've made you opinion of Bethesda and their titles clear so why the need to remind everybody?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2006, 04:27:32 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
LE, people in this thread are excited about the game.  As fans of Morrowind it's not like they don't know what they are getting into.  I still don't see why you feel the need to come in here and shit on their parade.  I honestly don't understand why you would do this.  You've made you opinion of Bethesda and their titles clear so why the need to remind everybody?

Our review will be completely honest, it just won't be first.  Will there be a bunch of people who give it a 9.5 and 10 on day 1 despite the impossibility of seeing jack squat of the game?  Absolutely.  Will we be one of them?  No.  If the combat is weak, we'll say so.  If the ability to fight from the horse is a big detractor from the game, we'll put it in our review.  Not all of us are fanboys - I for one am excited about the potential in the game.  If the potential lives up to the real thing will be the measuring stick...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2006, 06:05:33 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
Quote from: "stiffler"

Our review will be completely honest, it just won't be first.  Will there be a bunch of people who give it a 9.5 and 10 on day 1 despite the impossibility of seeing jack squat of the game?  Absolutely.  Will we be one of them?  No.  If the combat is weak, we'll say so.  If the ability to fight from the horse is a big detractor from the game, we'll put it in our review.  Not all of us are fanboys - I for one am excited about the potential in the game.  If the potential lives up to the real thing will be the measuring stick...

I like the sound of that!  I'm somewhat excited about this game and I cant wait to read an honest review.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2006, 12:33:30 PM »

Oh, but the graphics are pretty, I'll agree with you there.  They really leave the gameplay a shit-ton of space to hide behind.  Like I said, hopefully it won't need to.  But, let's face it, most likely it will.

**Correction, your fanboy pandering is getting old too.  Man I hope you're getting paid for it.

*sigh*

Well, I still hold out hope for you LE. One day, I hope you come to your senses and realise that games are for people to have fun with, not to bitch endlessly about.

Honestly, you belong over the RPG Codex forums. They would love you over there and you would fit in perfectly.

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2006, 12:40:26 PM »

I too remain optimistically skeptical that it will be actually fun.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2006, 02:29:11 PM »

Well, I pre-ordered from Gamestop and paid for it in full.  So com the 21st I'll have another game that will pull me away from WoW

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2006, 03:20:15 PM »

Another official review is in, and LE is not going to be happy....

The Sweedish gaming magazine Game Reactor reviewed it in their new issue. It's a two page review and here is their conclusion:

"Incredibly big and incredibly good, the best Rpg ever"..

10/10

This is going to be a rough month for LE, I think. Keep him in your thoughts.

warning

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2006, 03:38:46 PM »

Hey Lord Ebonstone and Hetz - here's an idea: How about you discuss the merits (or lack) of the game and not bait each other?  K?
FlyingElvis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2006, 03:47:50 PM »

LE, the master contrarian. Rock on man, even if I don't agree with your opinion on Bethsoft and Oblivion.

Now playing: Oblivion, X3: The Reunion
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2006, 04:05:21 PM »

Hey Lord Ebonstone and Hetz - here's an idea: How about you discuss the merits (or lack) of the game and not bait each other?  K?

Its a warning from warning :p  

Just wanted to point that out.  Back to your regular scheduled forum war.

Hetz vs LE here

Kobra vs. Hetz on OO

NiM$
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2006, 04:38:40 PM »

Quote from: "FlyingElvis"
LE, the master contrarian. Rock on man, even if I don't agree with your opinion on Bethsoft and Oblivion.

See, I just don't get it. Why do some people just love people like LE and Kobra? Is it cause they are 'rebels' or something by not liking what everyone else likes? Or is it like the "bad guy" that gets in trouble that all the girls like....

I mean, Kobra has been given warning after warning (and came very close to being banned, until his public "apology")....and LE was banned for being the way he is. Why do you like people like that? All they do is provoke fights and negativity.

But whatever. I deal with Kobra (and he has gotten somewhat better) all the time on OO, so I guess I can deal with LE and his bashing over here.

Oh and just to be clear, I have no problem with anyone hating the Elder Scrolls or Bethesda....just don't make it PERSONAL, keep it to the game and don't make comments like "post-shill", fanboy comments, getting paid etc....

Don't like the game, fine. Be prepared to back it up with something other than personal attacks though. Thanks.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2006, 05:16:07 PM »

Another official review is in, and LE is not going to be happy....

The Sweedish gaming magazine Game Reactor reviewed it in their new issue. It's a two page review and here is their conclusion:

"Incredibly big and incredibly good, the best Rpg ever"..

10/10

This is going to be a rough month for LE, I think. Keep him in your thoughts.

In his mind, anyone giving the game a good score is an Elder Scrolls fanboy, so with this kind of justification, his ego won't be hurt at all.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2006, 08:02:04 PM »

Don't like the game, fine. Be prepared to back it up with something other than personal attacks though. Thanks.

The issue with LE on Oblivion is that he insists on proclaiming his opinion over and over again in the midst of people who clearly don't share his view.  Once I can accept, but to do it multiple times and suggest that people with differing views are "stupid" is what bothers me the most.

Look, I don't happen to like GRAW.  But, I've only posted once about it in what are overwhelmingly positive threads about the game and all I said was that if you weren't a fan of the series to begin with, this game probably wouldn't change your mind.  That's a constructive way to show my opinion, but LE's approach would be to 1) admit he didn't like the earlier Clancy games, 2) talk about all the design decisions on this game he didn't agree with, 3) complain that all the reviews were biased, and 4) suggest that anyone who liked GRAW was an idiot.

- American Dad
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2006, 08:30:20 PM »

Quote from: "tru1cy"

Its a warning from warning :p  

Just wanted to point that out.  Back to your regular scheduled forum war.

Hetz vs LE here

Kobra vs. Hetz on OO
Well crap, Kobra is fighting the good fight on OO?  Dark times indeed.  Is he pissed that it's not purchasable over GameTap and that it doesn't include Starforce?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2006, 09:17:04 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
In his mind, anyone giving the game a good score is an Elder Scrolls fanboy, so with this kind of justification, his ego won't be hurt at all.
Not at all.  All I meant was, the truth of any game's quality emerges only after about a month or so of public consumption, when the players have had a chance to 'dig in' and grow fond/tired of the initial glitzy things.

As for reviews, when we're talking about a high-tension title like Oblivion, quite frankly, reviews are pretty much worthless.  Why?

The graphics.  You can guarantee a vast majority of the "reviews" from less-than-professional sources will be little more than ejaculate over the eye candy.  Even the professional sites are easily swayed by paradigm-shift (that is, 'the next step' of graphical quality, which I would say Oblivion is, if the movies/screenshots are to be believed) graphics as long as there's some hint of a game along with them.  Classic examples:  Doom 3, Black & White.

There are a bunch of other smaller reasons too.  It's hyped out the ass, which usually inflates review scores somewhat.  It has a rabid, noisy fanbase--while I have no problem with it, I hear being publicly contrary to a readerbase is sometimes a tough thing to pull off.  It has absolutely no competition on either of the platforms it's being released on.

Look, I intend to play Oblivion, firstly because I finally have the hardware to run it, and secondly to actually see how it turned out.  If I find the game enjoyable, I'll of course post that.

I think people get the impression that I want to see certain games -- Oblivion, in this case -- fail.  That couldn't be further from the truth.  I, probably just as much as the fanboys, want to see these ambitious titles succeed.  However, ambition is a double-edged word, as I'm sure you're aware.  It's why I chose to use it to describe games like Oblivion.  These titles more than any other deserve a critical eye which meets their ambitious scope.  They've chosen to leap onto the tallest soapbox they could find and proclaim "I am the shit!"  And of course we all hope that they are indeed the shit, because we've all wanted to meet, greet, and befriend the shit, and the shit knows how to have a good time, and so on.

But, in reality, we live in a world of Daikatanas.  And as much as we may hope that Oblivion really will make us its bitch, it is our responsibility to get eye-to-eye with these ambitious games and say "Let's see what you've got."  It's our responsibility to be harsh on these arrogant studios and games, our responsibility to match their haughtiness with equal skepticism of our own.

To fail in this is to fall victim to the glitz and the shill.  It's to be served a plate of advertising and eat it without question.  It's to be a consumer, one who consumes, a pretty little fluffy sheep.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2006, 09:19:03 PM »

I will just say this.

When I went to the Oblivion preview I hadn't played Morrowind or any of the other Elder Scrolls games.  I had read the reviews and even had a copy of Morrowind installed on my PC.  I came away thoroughly impressed.  I wanted to play the game for even longer than I had.  For someone like me, this game was easy to get into, and you didn't need to play the previous games to get completely wrapped up into the game.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2006, 09:24:07 PM »

Not at all.  All I meant was, the truth of any game's quality emerges only after about a month or so of public consumption, when the players have had a chance to 'dig in' and grow fond/tired of the initial glitzy things.

You just summed up the whole reason I started reviewing games.  I'm so tired of "BEST GAME EVER!" with little to no justification.  Or just as bad "Wow, the Audio on this game is FANTASTIC! - 8/10 for score"  Uh why? You didn't say a thing that warranted the 2pt deduction.  I want to get past the eye candy and novelty value and see the game for what it is.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2006, 11:59:12 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"

You just summed up the whole reason I started reviewing games.  I'm so tired of "BEST GAME EVER!" with little to no justification.  Or just as bad "Wow, the Audio on this game is FANTASTIC! - 8/10 for score"  Uh why? You didn't say a thing that warranted the 2pt deduction.  I want to get past the eye candy and novelty value and see the game for what it is.
And I think this is noticeable in your (well, GT's) reviews.  My only complaint would be that your numbers don't often match the text -- GT seems to inflate numerical scores (there's talk about the 7-9 scale, GT seems to be 8-10) pretty badly.  Of course the text ultimately is law, but still...

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2006, 12:19:48 AM »

Quote from: "Lord Ebonstone"
A whole bunch of shit in a long-ass post

You know, I have to wholeheartedly concur with you.  I'm quite optimistic about Oblivion since I loved Morrowind so much, but despite how much I love Morrowind I'm quite aware of its (fairly significant) shortcomings.  I was fortunate in that those shortcomings really didn't detract much at all from the game for me.

I have no problem with a critique of a game that acknowledges both its strengths and shortcomings.  In fact, I PREFER a critique like that.  It helps a lot for games I'm iffy on, since it lays out honestly for me what's good and what's bad, and how the reviewer feels it worked out on the whole.

I think you're a overly harsh and crude in your delivery at times, LE (hence why I retorted the way I did in the DDO thread), and Hetz I think you jump off the fanboy deep end at times.  smile  I think that's why you guys butt heads so much.  slywink

I'm overly defensive at times, so I have my own quite frustrating faults.

Anyway, point being, I think that with LE's last post, I think anyone who can approach a game rationally would agree with his point.  We're all hoping to meet the shit, and don't like it when what we thought was supposed to be the shit turned out to be a shit.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2006, 01:30:08 AM »

All I meant was, the truth of any game's quality emerges only after about a month or so of public consumption, when the players have had a chance to 'dig in' and grow fond/tired of the initial glitzy things.

From a long term point of view to someone who cares about where the game ranks "all time" (i.e. the critic) you are correct.

However, not everyone cares whether the game proves in the end to be "the shit" as you put it.  Many, many people would be satisfied if they picked up Oblivion, it kept them interested for a month, and they never touched it again even if they never finished it.  If it provides a reasonable entertainment value for the money they spent (subjective, of course) then the game lived up to their expectations.

It's kind of like that summer movie (Independence Day) that everyone saw, everyone had fun with, and no one lists as a great movie.  It wasn't, it was just fun for that time and was worth the money you paid to see it.

- American Dad
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2006, 02:33:44 AM »

And to quickly diverge off topic, the soundtrack is available for listening to (and buying if you choose to do so) over at http://www.directsong.com.

Sounds very good. Might go buy it later tonight.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2006, 02:41:23 AM »

My only complaint would be that your numbers don't often match the text -- GT seems to inflate numerical scores (there's talk about the 7-9 scale, GT seems to be 8-10) pretty badly.  Of course the text ultimately is law, but still...
One of the things I'm aiming to correct with the redesign.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2006, 04:01:25 PM »

Another Review is in:

PC Gamer UK gives it a 93%, which is very good for that mag. THe only games that have scored higher in the last 10 years are:  Half Life 2 (96%) , Quake 2 (94%). Civ 4 got a 92%. Morrowind didn't even get in the 90% range. They are pretty strict with their ratings, compared to the US version.

The last line in the review:

"Once you start, everything else just loses importance. Suddenly you've called in sick, your girl or boyfriend has given up on you, and all you have is sweet, blissful Oblivion."

biggrin

Here is a page from the review that shows some new pics (the whole review is filled with great new pics). If you want to see the whole review, it's pretty easy to find. The whole review is 7 pages long. I chose the page with mostly pics, and not much text.

Jocke
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2006, 05:19:03 PM »

I love the compass. I gave up on the main quest in morrowind because I had spent a hour or two just running around looking for a crypt... So compass = good thing.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2006, 10:51:45 PM »

And here's a bit from the almost end of the review:

"Instead, Oblivion is a messy masterpiece; accomplished, bold, huge, and occasionally rough around the edges. Your adventures are more varied than those of any other game I could name, and magnificently rendered by the game's powerhouse graphics and physics. The scenery has more in common with the Lord of the Rings films than with other games. The fights are so visceral you'll flinch at the blows. Magic is beautiful and devastating. The adventures themselves are intricate, emotional stories masterfully told, and given a new twist by your own actions."

*drools*

olaf

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2006, 10:40:37 PM »

Yeah I cant wait.  Bring it.

olaf
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2006, 12:14:55 AM »

As a new reviewer in general, I just wanted to mention some things, that I have assumed over the years about most reviews.

1) First and foremost, any review is just the opinion of the reviewer. There is not some magical course you can take that will give you a 100% accurate review that fits everyone's tastes. Some people like game A, some hate it. A reviewer is just another person.
2) If you keep track of reviewers, after a while you can get a feel for what types of games they like and how it compares to your feelings. You can then adjust the reviews accordingly.
3) If a reviewer has a liking for a particular genre, they are more likely to give a game in that genre more credit. (not nesescarily more then it deserves though). If they like that particular series, it will probably increase more. The opposite is also true. There are exceptions to everything though.
4) No reviewer can tell you what you will like. Use reviews as a guide.
5) I am willing to bet that the majority of reviewers do so without actually finishing a game (unless it is one of those 6-8 hour games). There is usually too much of a time constraint and some games take so long to finish, that it is not practical. That isn't to say that they don't play a lot of hours, but it could answer descrepancies when games go up and down or crash in quality in the full end game and reviewers don't mention it.

all of the above is my opinion and I may be completely wrong. I do know that my preview (and any future pre/reviews) are purely my opinion on what I saw in a game. I will also do my best to get as far as possible in a game as well, under the time constraints. As for my preview of Oblivion:
1) I am a fan of the series, but wouldn't consider myself a fanboy. I am a fanboy of games in general though. slywink
2) I never finished any of the Elder Scrolls games. They were too big for me, but I did have fun playing them. (And I did reinstall MW about a month or so ago and so far. I'm further along then I ever remember being.)
3) No game is perfect. For me the end question is, "Is the game fun overall?" If it is, then I will usually look past any "defects". For some, those same defects may be game killers. For some defects, they may kill the game for me, but others love it.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2006, 01:56:32 AM »

Quote from: "Punisher"
As a new reviewer in general, I just wanted to mention some things, that I have assumed over the years about most reviews.

1) First and foremost, any review is just the opinion of the reviewer. There is not some magical course you can take that will give you a 100% accurate review that fits everyone's tastes. Some people like game A, some hate it. A reviewer is just another person.
2) If you keep track of reviewers, after a while you can get a feel for what types of games they like and how it compares to your feelings. You can then adjust the reviews accordingly.
3) If a reviewer has a liking for a particular genre, they are more likely to give a game in that genre more credit. (not nesescarily more then it deserves though). If they like that particular series, it will probably increase more. The opposite is also true. There are exceptions to everything though.
4) No reviewer can tell you what you will like. Use reviews as a guide.
5) I am willing to bet that the majority of reviewers do so without actually finishing a game (unless it is one of those 6-8 hour games). There is usually too much of a time constraint and some games take so long to finish, that it is not practical. That isn't to say that they don't play a lot of hours, but it could answer descrepancies when games go up and down or crash in quality in the full end game and reviewers don't mention it.

all of the above is my opinion and I may be completely wrong. I do know that my preview (and any future pre/reviews) are purely my opinion on what I saw in a game. I will also do my best to get as far as possible in a game as well, under the time constraints. As for my preview of Oblivion:
1) I am a fan of the series, but wouldn't consider myself a fanboy. I am a fanboy of games in general though. slywink
2) I never finished any of the Elder Scrolls games. They were too big for me, but I did have fun playing them. (And I did reinstall MW about a month or so ago and so far. I'm further along then I ever remember being.)
3) No game is perfect. For me the end question is, "Is the game fun overall?" If it is, then I will usually look past any "defects". For some, those same defects may be game killers. For some defects, they may kill the game for me, but others love it.

I (and many others)  are eagerly awaiting Gaming Trends review.  Those are all very good points. smile

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2006, 12:59:52 PM »

New Pics:

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2006, 01:38:36 PM »

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2006, 01:43:34 PM »

I realy can not wait for this game, it is going to be so incredible.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4549/racestats0oh.png

*link courtesy of Hetz from another post*

So with the translated stats that Hetz found for the races, what race does everyone intend on playing.  I am planning on being a thief/assassin with a dash of magic abilities.  Really torn as to which race I want to play.  Was thinking of Khajit but not sure.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2006, 01:49:29 PM »

I've been an Argonian for many a game now (can't remember if you could be one in Arena, but I've been one since Daggerfall forward), and I may just continue the trend. Especially since you won't have to worry about having armor issues (foot armor didn't exist for the beastial races in Morrowind, until they were modded in later - made a toe-to-toe character have some unbalancing issues) this time around.

One thing I'll need to do though is mod in my character from Morrowind. Turn him into a shopkeeper or something. smile

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2006, 01:57:11 PM »

I'm going Dark Elf Battlemage

NiM$
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2006, 04:45:50 PM »

Is there a link anywhere that describes the relationship between attributes and skills for Oblivion?  Have any of the attribute-skill relationships changed from MW to Oblivion?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: