http://gamingtrend.com
November 22, 2014, 02:26:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Ninety-Nine Nights preview  (Read 1091 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 29, 2006, 03:26:14 PM »

Posted by Mitch on the front page. Whoh, that's a whole lot of bitter there, buddy. smile

I can tell you this: the story is about the war between humans and goblins. There is an event that happens where the world is cast into ninty-nine nights, and whomever is victorious will reign supreme.

N3 was released in Japan in late april and it got a 9,9,8,9 (IIRC) from Famitsu magazine.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 03:47:49 PM »

I don't like wasting my time, nor do I enjoy getting spin on a game that is ALREADY OUT. If I'm behind closed doors on a game that's already completed save for the US localization, why then could I not see it there? Why then do we spend so much time talking about how the game was made in high-def and that it could guilt trip you? What the fuck kind of game is that and why should I play it?

/Hulk smash

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 03:48:48 PM »

I reserved myself a copy just yesterday.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 06:49:52 PM »

Yeah, I agree that it would be a waste of time to give a dog-and-pony show, and just let you see the finished japanese game.

Oh, I forgot to ask...  Is it in High Def? biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 09:55:05 PM »

I didn't understand if that article was your impression of your experience with the game at the show or an actual preview of the game. By the time I was done reading all seven paragraphs I learned about the game trying to be emotional, something about playing as humans you get to kill goblins, and it will be in high-def which I think is common knowledge about any 360 game. Did you actually play the game on the floor? I got to play for about 5 minutes which was enough time to realize the game is quite chaotic, however I'm worried a bit about the gameplay becoming repetetive. I guess we'll just have to see, I have mine pre-ordered as well.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 12:09:19 AM »

Quote from: "Ridah"
By the time I was done reading all seven paragraphs I learned about the game trying to be emotional, something about playing as humans you get to kill goblins, and it will be in high-def which I think is common knowledge about any 360 game.

I think that's the point.  They sat through the presentation (all prerendered) and didn't get to play it or even learn much about the game beyond those talking points.  All this despite the game being out overseas already.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 02:14:02 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
Quote from: "Ridah"
By the time I was done reading all seven paragraphs I learned about the game trying to be emotional, something about playing as humans you get to kill goblins, and it will be in high-def which I think is common knowledge about any 360 game.

I think that's the point.  They sat through the presentation (all prerendered) and didn't get to play it or even learn much about the game beyond those talking points.  All this despite the game being out overseas already.

So maybe the gameplay graphic is so bad and not "high-def" that they don't dare to show it at the show.smile
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 03:22:06 AM »

No, it apparently is really good. frown :sigh: no demo on live either, even though they do have a demo version for japan (disk only too :cry: )

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 05:59:00 AM »

Advance reviews I've seen have been less than impressed, though.

63% on Gamerankings: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928270.asp?q=99

The most positive review (70% from Gamebrink) starts by saying this:

N3 (Ninety-Nine Nights) is a game that looked really good in concept, but like games often do, the concept got lost somewhere along the road to creation. Going from an ideal perspective, who wouldn’t want a Dynasty Warriors type game with incredible next-gen graphics, an epic story shown from multiple perspectives, and a wide-range of moves that played a resemblance closer to a fighting game than a simple hack and slash? That would have been the game to move systems in Japan and the US. That would have been the action title to define the Xbox 360 for now. But unfortunately that’s not what we got.

Obviously wait for reviews of the US version, but put a little grain of salt into your high hopes, I guess.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: