http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 12:03:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Mass Effect -- Two Weeks!  (Read 50129 times)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 30, 2007, 03:57:33 PM »

Eh, I'll be surprised if I don't like Mass Effect more than Bioshock.  The latter ended up disappointing me slightly.  A very good, maybe even great, game but not a classic for me.  Right now I would rate every Bioware game I've played above Bioshock with the exception of Jade Empire. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 30, 2007, 05:33:03 PM »

Quote from: ATB on August 30, 2007, 03:41:58 PM

The bar has been raised. What can possibly live up to it or surpass it?

LOL, good one.

oh wait, it's ATB, so he's probably serious.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 30, 2007, 06:12:36 PM »

I never thought I'd say this, but: I am anticipating Mass Effect less than I have in months and months. The reason? Bioshock.

I cannot possibly see Mass Effect being as good as this game. Period.

I think its apples and oranges. For me Bioshock was a good game but in no way a classic. All hype aside, I think Mass Effect has classic written all over it... But then again I'm not a Professional Prognosticator of Games Deemed Classic.......
Just a gut feeling..........*burp* nope, my wife's meatloaf.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 30, 2007, 06:20:44 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on August 30, 2007, 06:12:36 PM

But then again I'm not a Professional Prognosticator of Games Deemed Classic.......

Nor is ATB- I think I remember him poo-pooing Bioshock back when some of the first gameplay videos were being announced saying he didn't see what the big deal was. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 30, 2007, 07:09:24 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on August 30, 2007, 06:20:44 PM

Quote from: Arclight on August 30, 2007, 06:12:36 PM

But then again I'm not a Professional Prognosticator of Games Deemed Classic.......

Nor is ATB- I think I remember him poo-pooing Bioshock back when some of the first gameplay videos were being announced saying he didn't see what the big deal was. 

and then there was 300 which he said he would love forever and have it's babies.

Because I can,
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: August 30, 2007, 07:55:30 PM »

...I cannot possibly see Mass Effect being as good as this game. Period.

I thought last month this game was going to define our generation like WWII or somesuch thing? 

Make up your mind already!

I liked it when you were being overly positive much better.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 30, 2007, 09:02:02 PM »

I've totally become a Bioshock convert.  Totally.

It's not that I don't believe in ME anymore, but man, Bioshock is just SO. GOOD.

I hope I come back in here and say, OMG remember that game....Bio something?! ME Kills it!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 31, 2007, 01:02:00 AM »

Quote from: Lockdown on August 30, 2007, 07:55:30 PM

...I cannot possibly see Mass Effect being as good as this game. Period.

I thought last month this game was going to define our generation like WWII or somesuch thing? 

Make up your mind already!

I liked it when you were being overly positive much better.

Just wait until Mafia 2 gets close, then it will be the best game evar until the Godfather part 2.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 09, 2007, 11:27:26 PM »

Cortana's uglier sister gets some screen time:

Because I can,
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 10, 2007, 01:38:13 AM »

If Mass Effect doesn't do more for the RPG genre than Bioshock has done for the FPS genre, I'll be sorely disappointed. Bioshock adds nothing new gameplay-wise, which doesn't make it a bad game at all. It's just I think people expect more out of Mass Effect than KOTOR with prettier clothing.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: September 10, 2007, 02:07:34 AM »

They're innovating in small ways, but I also think they're taking a small step back by going for a more shooter type of combat.

In the latest video, I've noticed the "target lock" is gone and you generally shoot toward the reticle, makes me wonder if the abandoned the idea that your stats still govern hits and such.
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 15, 2007, 06:08:19 PM »

Didn't see this posted anywhere, so for those who missed it here's a new video of some of the characters in ME.  Great voiceovers-  November cannot come soon enough!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24970.html

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 15, 2007, 11:18:21 PM »

man that looks sweet,...i better find a job so i can buy this game,but i would gladly sell my soul for it....(any offers?)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 16, 2007, 12:15:57 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 15, 2007, 11:18:21 PM

man that looks sweet,...i better find a job so i can buy this game,but i would gladly sell my soul for it....(any offers?)

5 quid.

and a pack of mentos (mixed fruit).

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 16, 2007, 12:37:27 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 16, 2007, 12:15:57 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 15, 2007, 11:18:21 PM

5 quid.

and a pack of mentos (mixed fruit).

c'mon it has to be at least the price of a game(40 quid and a pack of mentos)...actually here in neandathal Briatin we still use old money....so 6 chickens and 4 sheep will do nicely,or 5 pigs and 2 chickens,its up to you...and a copy of Razzle icon_twisted

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 16, 2007, 03:47:53 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 16, 2007, 12:37:27 AM

actually here in neandathal Briatin we still use old money....so 6 chickens and 4 sheep will do nicely,or 5 pigs and 2 chickens,its up to you...and a copy of Razzle icon_twisted

I'll sell you an e & r for Neanderthal and the secret of properly spelling Britain for 3 pigs  icon_biggrin  that way I only need to come up with 2 pigs, 2 chickens and unsticky this copy of Razzle.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 16, 2007, 10:20:24 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 16, 2007, 03:47:53 AM

actually here in neandathal Briatin we still use old money....so 6 chickens and 4 sheep will do nicely,or 5 pigs and 2 chickens,its up to you...and a copy of Razzle icon_twisted

I'll sell you an e & r for Neanderthal and the secret of properly spelling Britain for 3 pigs  icon_biggrin 

sorry i was using the old,old,old way of spelling it icon_smile

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 17, 2007, 03:57:58 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 16, 2007, 10:20:24 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 16, 2007, 03:47:53 AM

I'll sell you an e & r for Neanderthal and the secret of properly spelling Britain for 3 pigs  icon_biggrin 

sorry i was using the old,old,old way of spelling it icon_smile

ahe, yese, thee olde waye ofe spellinge  e

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #658 on: September 17, 2007, 02:20:43 PM »

is it still 66 days? or is it 64?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 17, 2007, 02:56:11 PM »

Quote from: Purge on September 17, 2007, 02:20:43 PM

actually is 364, you guys just haven't gotten the news yet  icon_twisted

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: September 17, 2007, 04:15:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 17, 2007, 02:56:11 PM

Quote from: Purge on September 17, 2007, 02:20:43 PM

actually is 364, you guys just haven't gotten the news yet  icon_twisted

hahaha........ icon_frown...THATS NOT FUNNY!!!

its actually still 66 days for me Tongue

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 17, 2007, 08:13:53 PM »

apparently there maybe a possibility of a demo

there is a interview on Cand VG..(which i have lost some faith in recently...but this makes up for that somewhat)

to be fair for G and VG,below they have asked some good questions,some that i wanted to know(apart from the 'Gay' one)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=172193

if you cant be arsed clicking on the link...then read below...enjoy

Dr. Greg Zeschuk, co-founder and president of the mighty BioWare, is always a great interview. It immediately becomes clear as soon as he enters to room that he can't wait to sit down and have a good chat about Mass Effect and where it's going.

Would you say this is BioWare's most challenging game to date in terms of ambition and what you want to achieve with it?

Greg Zeschuk: Every time we do a new game we want to up the ante. Mass effect has probably covered more territory than any other game we've ever done. In terms of technology and design it's certainly been the most challenging. I'd sort of give a qualified 'yes' on that.

Do you feel there's a lot of pressure on you to really deliver with the game?

Zeschuk: Yes, for a few reasons. One is time - we've spent a lot of time on this game. Second is that, along the way, we've picked up a lot in terms of awards, PR and expectations of the game. The third is down to our own desire to be successful and stamp our mark on the next-generation. There are already some great games out there and this is ours.

The menu clearly states there'll be downloadable content at some point. What can you tell us about that?

Zeschuk: It might do (laughs). We certainly have plans with what we want to create for downloadable content and we'll announce them around the time of launch. We have a long history with post release content. For us it's about value and fair trade. If you're going to pay us money we want you to get something that's really cool.

We've been working a lot on what kind of package we'll do. Downloadable content can really help and drive the longevity of a game so we'll be going aggressive on it.

So are we talking about extra missions?

Zeschuk: We haven't absolutely nailed down exactly what we're going to do. Our perspective on it is that the edges on Mass Effect are almost none-existent so you can continue to push. It could be a range of things.

It could be more content it could be new equipment or game features. We're really going to take some time and think about what we can do there.

Any plans for a downloadable demo before release?

Zeschuk: We're still thinking of the exact form the demo could take.

So there is a demo planned then?

Zeschuk: Probably... I'm being particularly non committal... Our goal would defiantly be to have one depending on time challenges and things. I can't remember who said it, I think it was Mark Rein.

I'd hate to quote Mark (laughs), but it's a huge challenge getting a game and demo out around the same time. We're still thinking about how exactly that's going to play out. We're clearly running out time though.

You've already expressed your plans for Mass Effect to be a trilogy. Do you see all three games being released on Xbox 360?

Zeschuk: Certainly out intent is to have all three iterations or instalments of Mass Effect to be on Xbox 360. That's the goal.

Exclusively to 360 all the way?

Zeschuk: Can't really comment on that aspect yet, it's too far into the future. Thinking a year in to the future is a big challenge these days.

The law we can't control is the length of the console cycle. I hope, I hope, I hope that this cycle is longer than the last one. We kind of just got started last cycle and it kind of ended when our second game came out. Downloadable content could also bridge the gap by giving you new little islands of story between the big game releases.

Now you've built the game engine will the sequel be developed much quicker than the original?

Zeschuk: I think that's absolutely true. The guys at BioWare have done a great job of creating all the tools and technology to make game creation easier. That's one of the reasons we cross our fingers and hope that this console cycle lasts a long time because we've created a great suit of tools and tech that allow us to build stuff. What took people to make a year can sometimes now be done in three or four days.

What's your take on the whole DVD versus Blu-ray disc storage issue? Has it made a difference to Mass Effect?

Zeschuk: The DVD format is a trick one. We're on one DVD and we're a truly massive game and that'll speak for itself as far as how we got it all on there. Rendered movies take up a lot of space and we're doing a lot in engine, in real time.

You have to be very judicious and smart with compression. I don't think that DVD is going to make the worst game. This is a good game, Bioshock was a good game. I think that speaks for itself.

There's an element of romance in the game. Can you confirm if you can be gay in the game?

Zeschuk: I can't say anything about that at this point. There's some interesting stuff on the game that's a little bit different. I'll leave it at that.

Last question then, when are you going to announce KOTOR III?

Zeschuk: (Big laughs all round) I don't have an answer to that question. It's been talked about for a while. When I played Mass Effect I got a strong KOTOR feel. You know we loved the KOTOR games and it's always been a soft spot in our hearts.

In some ways this could be the spiritual successor to those games, but I'd say it channels some of the feel of those games. Maybe that's because Mass Effect is made by many of the same guys that worked on KOTOR...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 08:17:41 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 17, 2007, 08:56:28 PM »

Man, I'd love a demo, but who wouldn't?  Anyway, here's more to whet your appetite. 

It's the first 5 minutes of the game, after character creation.  Possible very minor spoilers:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5061_en.html

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 17, 2007, 08:59:37 PM »

My media block-out for Mass Effect begins....now!
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 17, 2007, 09:00:45 PM »

Quote from: Interloper on September 17, 2007, 08:56:28 PM

Man, I'd love a demo, but who wouldn't?  Anyway, here's more to whet your appetite. 

It's the first 5 minutes of the game, after character creation.  Possible very minor spoilers:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5061_en.html

I don't know, if a ME demo reveals that the game has a choppy frame rate like in Blue Dragon, they might want to rethink whether releasing a demo is a good idea or not. 75% of the videos I've seen for ME so far have disappointed me because of the frame rate so...

Sean Lama
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 17, 2007, 09:21:01 PM »

Ok, here's more.  Apparently Bioware hosted a 42 minute preview of the game.  The whole 42 minutes is up on youtube, broken up into several vids.  Here they are , if you are interested.  Note:  I have not watched these yet, and have no clue how spoilerific they are.  I may not even watch em!

Edit:  Ok I've watched through part 3, and there are of course some very minor spoilers.  There was a classic moment at the end of part 3 where his xbox locks up, and he comments that it must be getting hot in the room, LOL.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb6Zf5KvO7Y

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafsNUi_U5w

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3P0pQiI810

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB4Z_utLLc8

Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyup-NT6sz8
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 10:11:03 PM by Interloper » Logged

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: September 17, 2007, 10:14:10 PM »

I refuse to watch.  No ME until I have the game in my hands. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 18, 2007, 12:35:40 AM »

no more vids!

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #668 on: September 18, 2007, 01:24:23 AM »

I clicked on that link, then remembered I wanted a feeling of surprise, of a new adventure starting when I finally get to play it.

I also remember how I spoiled myself on Bioshock.

Thus, a real media blackout on this one for me.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 18, 2007, 07:23:35 PM »

just when you thought there could be no more reasons to get this game

LESBIAN SEX/BREAST NUDITY CONFIRMED!!!

If playing as a male character the scene can take place between him and a human woman or a humanoid female alien.

If playing as a female character the scene can take place between her and a male human or a female humanoid alien

Violence is pretty common these days, but a sex scene is sure to cause a bit of a stir. According to the extended classification over on the BBFC website the scene in question is "brief and undetailed" but does include "breast nudity in one version of the scene"

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/18-09-2007-6482.html.

BBFC have certified it as a 12 rating,LOL....i can see the moms are gonna get upset again..or get mildly turned on..maybe nod
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 07:29:13 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 18, 2007, 10:36:09 PM »

If this game shows breasts and a sex scene it will automatically sky rocket to my top list of all-time favorite games. More games need to mature the fuck up already and take advantage of the M rating.

Sean Lama
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 18, 2007, 11:36:35 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on September 18, 2007, 10:36:09 PM

If this game shows breasts and a sex scene it will automatically sky rocket to my top list of all-time favorite games. More games need to mature the fuck up already and take advantage of the M rating.

just to take this off topic a little

did anyone play Farenheit(and CK i dont care if i have spelt that wrong!! disgust)?...that had your girlfriend doing a topless table dance for you,which you could watch for as long as you wanted...or until you got tired dancing around your room...not many have had nakedness in games whether they are rated M or not.....GTA;SA having that hidden file in its programme i guess could count

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 19, 2007, 12:32:19 AM »

wasn't that one called Indigo Prophecy over here?  Or was that another game?

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #673 on: September 19, 2007, 12:42:28 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 19, 2007, 12:32:19 AM

I think it was, and if I remember correctly, the game did have that in it.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 19, 2007, 01:16:46 AM »

Yep, however the US version was edited though I don't know what all of the differences are. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: September 19, 2007, 11:32:55 AM »

hmm,didnt know that..its this game anyway

er,i like our title best icon_biggrin...
my friends didnt like this game but i loved it,and finished it

if you get to see breast nakedness in mass effect,i wonder if its on the character you create?...it would be funny creating a character that looked like your girlfriend.....and oh oh,there she is getting her tits out in a video game....naughty girl,show her mum!!!!,LOL

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 19, 2007, 12:09:40 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 10, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

They're innovating in small ways, but I also think they're taking a small step back by going for a more shooter type of combat.

In the latest video, I've noticed the "target lock" is gone and you generally shoot toward the reticle, makes me wonder if the abandoned the idea that your stats still govern hits and such.

For the three of us that are dreadful at console shooters, I give this design decision a hearty  thumbsdown thumbsdown thumbsdown.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #677 on: September 19, 2007, 12:37:05 PM »

You don't think, with all the customization that KOTOR had, that they have more than one option? I think passing judgement on the combat interface is a little premature. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #678 on: September 19, 2007, 12:41:54 PM »

So what's the official release date? I'm not going through 14 pages of illiterate monkey-trolling crap about canadian doctors and tomato soup to find it.

Andrew Mallon really fell down on the topic thread. I thought there was a commitment to keep the days updated.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 19, 2007, 12:49:50 PM »

November 20th is the day. 
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: