http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 11:34:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Mass Effect -- Two Weeks!  (Read 49275 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: April 23, 2007, 01:38:45 PM »

The news comes from an official Microsoft event this morning, though no more details have been offered.
Press release or other substantiation or it didn't happen. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 23, 2007, 01:48:43 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on April 23, 2007, 01:38:45 PM

The news comes from an official Microsoft event this morning, though no more details have been offered.

So is there hope!?  IS THERE!?
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 23, 2007, 01:50:44 PM »

The part of spring/early summer I hate the most.  Watching titles I'm looking forward to get pushed back to the holiday season.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: April 23, 2007, 02:06:07 PM »

The September release puts Mass Effect in head-to-head competition with fellow first-party RPG Blue Dragon, which is also released that month. This might seem silly to you budding industry analysts, but it's probably just as beneficial for Microsoft to avoid the infamous Summer drought.

No, the whole point is to RELEASE GAMES during the infamous 'Summer drought' so there's games for people to play while the kiddies are all off on Summer vacation!

Idiots!

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 23, 2007, 02:26:57 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on April 23, 2007, 01:38:45 PM

I'm with Ron.  A game this big gets delayed like that and we hear about it through more official channels. This doesn't count as one of them.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 23, 2007, 02:36:05 PM »

Someone at CAG wrote the following:

As others have noted in different forums, this article is likely referring to the European release date. Note that CVG is a British site and that the article refers to it releasing in the same month as Blue Dragon (previously confirmed for an August release in North America)... until I hear otherwise, I'm taking it as a confirmed date for Europe, not North America.

Hopefully that's accurate.

Amazing how fast news makes it around the nets.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2007, 02:45:05 PM »

Can a game be delayed if no official release date has been announce yet?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2007, 03:38:37 PM »

Well, the report was on CVG, and that makes me think Europe too...

Then again there's this:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200168

I know everyone says Ebgames is bupkiss for release dates, but they do have to schedule things like that in advance, and a specific date like that is usually a good indicator.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 03:44:34 PM by Tebunker » Logged

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 23, 2007, 04:13:05 PM »

Well, F. What are the other AAA titles that come out before September? Seems like a big drought is about to hit.  icon_cry
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: April 23, 2007, 04:24:49 PM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on April 23, 2007, 04:13:05 PM

Well, F. What are the other AAA titles that come out before September? Seems like a big drought is about to hit.  icon_cry

Rumors say Quake Wars.  smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2007, 04:37:22 PM »

Bioshock.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2007, 04:40:15 PM »

And from Bioware themselves (as they're tired of hearing this from websites/forum posters):

There have been an unusually high number of threads recently speculating about the release date for Mass Effect or what rating it will recieve from the ESRB.

Currently we also do not have an official release date for Mass Effect.

Currently we do not yet have a final ESRB rating for Mass Effect.

When we do have either an official release date or when we know what the ESRB rating for Mass Effect will be, we will make a formal announcement and there will likely be a thread or two discussing such announcements.

Instead of posting the same answer again and again, I am creating this thread and stick/locking it to the top of the forum. If I or any of the forum moderators see threads specualting on the release date, we'll close them and link this thread.

Remember, until you hear about it officially on these forums or the main Mass Effect webpage, there is no release date. Everything is speculation. Stay tuned.

Good to hear at least.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: April 23, 2007, 05:20:27 PM »

Which isn't them saying ' It wasn't delayed from June'  it's just them reporting that ANY date is speculative. I'm amused Slashdot is carrying this now. 

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 23, 2007, 05:40:07 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 23, 2007, 04:37:22 PM

Bioshock.

That's like August 21st or something though- practically September!  It feels like what initially looked to be a very good spring and summer has turned into a wasteland and with more and more getting pushed into fourth quarter, I expect that most of the stuff we were expecting in fourth quarter originally is going to be pushed to 2008. 

These next few months look woeful if Mass Effect doesn't make it. I think The Darkness is probably my most anticipated game for the next several months.   

Quote from: Dreamshadow on April 23, 2007, 05:20:27 PM

Which isn't them saying ' It wasn't delayed from June'  it's just them reporting that ANY date is speculative. I'm amused Slashdot is carrying this now. 

Exactly.  While they've never officially announced a release date all of the indications, including their ramping up of publicity, claim that Mass Effect would *not* be present at E3 in July, etc indicated that May/June was the target.  So if September does turn out to be true it's definitely a delay. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2007, 07:14:07 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 23, 2007, 05:40:07 PM

Quote from: Calvin on April 23, 2007, 04:37:22 PM

Bioshock.

That's like August 21st or something though- practically September!  It feels like what initially looked to be a very good spring and summer has turned into a wasteland and with more and more getting pushed into fourth quarter, I expect that most of the stuff we were expecting in fourth quarter originally is going to be pushed to 2008. 

These next few months look woeful if Mass Effect doesn't make it. I think The Darkness is probably my most anticipated game for the next several months.   

Quote from: Dreamshadow on April 23, 2007, 05:20:27 PM

Exactly.  While they've never officially announced a release date all of the indications, including their ramping up of publicity, claim that Mass Effect would *not* be present at E3 in July, etc indicated that May/June was the target.  So if September does turn out to be true it's definitely a delay. 

Oh, I agree with you completely. Part of the reason I upgraded now was because the summer looked great for releases PC and 360. Now it seems we will see almost all of them from September to December. Thats a damn shame, but I can probably deal with it if one big release makes it this summer-Bioshock, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, etc. And Bioshock being the last week of August sucks too-didn't realize that.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2007, 09:26:05 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on April 23, 2007, 04:24:49 PM

Yeah, but that's PC only and some of us (not naming names) don't have top of the line PCs anymore. 

As for 360 games for this summer, they may not all be AAA, but some scheduled games I'm looking forward to checking out: Forza 2, Shadowrun, Tenchu Z, The Darkness, Dirt: Colin McRae Off-Road, Overlord, Two Worlds, Stranglehold, Stuntman: Ignition, and Sega Rally Revo.  I'm sure some of those will get delayed, too. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 23, 2007, 09:26:05 PM

Yeah, but that's PC only and some of us (not naming names) don't have top of the line PCs anymore. 

As for 360 games for this summer, they may not all be AAA, but some scheduled games I'm looking forward to checking out: Forza 2, Shadowrun, Tenchu Z, The Darkness, Dirt: Colin McRae Off-Road, Overlord, Two Worlds, Stranglehold, Stuntman: Ignition, and Sega Rally Revo.  I'm sure some of those will get delayed, too. 

Quake Wars is coming to 360 and PS3 later in the year, but if you can run Doom 3 / Quake 4, it uses the same engine. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2007, 11:02:47 PM »

Of those I'm looking forward to The Darkness and Stranglehold and that's pretty much it. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 23, 2007, 11:15:21 PM »

Forgot about Tenchu (I'm always a sucker for this series) and Overlord.   At least there'll be a couple things to keep me busy.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 24, 2007, 12:12:29 AM »

I can't wait for stranglehold. It = teh hawtness!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 24, 2007, 02:08:26 AM »

Stranglehold, The Darkness, and Forza 2 are likely buys for me-that seems like a decent amount to carry me over. I actually buy 360 games pretty sparingly now, especially after the rush of the holidays and Jan-Feb when I bought and eventually sold 5 or 6 games. Right now my 360 library is only 4 games, and while I play them frequently I look forward to this summer and fall so I can build a real library. Is Blue Dragon not still for August Kevin? I don't see anyone else mentioning it.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 24, 2007, 02:27:42 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 24, 2007, 02:08:26 AM

Is Blue Dragon not still for August Kevin? I don't see anyone else mentioning it.

As far as I know, yep.  I imagine that's a pretty firm date- since the game itself has been done for a while I'm guessing this is more of a strategic release vice a "when it's done" (ie Mass Effect).  I can't imagine localization would take that long.  MS could have had it out for late Spring/early Summer if they wanted to. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 24, 2007, 03:49:59 AM »

I'm sure to be giving Stranglehold some loving, as well as Bioshock and Quake Wars.  The Darkness may get sloppy seconds.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 24, 2007, 05:17:53 AM »

the darkness,stranglehold,blue dragon,too human,forza 2,mass effect...are all dead certs for me...while things like the movie tie-ins,pirates 3,spidey 3 and the like are all...'prolly pick up'...still mass effects 'rumoured' june/july release date was still preffered as it fitted in nicely...now we have blue dragon,halo3,GTA4 and mass effect all coming out in 3 months.....anyone know what has happened to lost odyssey and alan wake?,....as these are two titles i am waiting for as well

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 24, 2007, 05:39:53 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 24, 2007, 05:17:53 AM

the darkness,stranglehold,blue dragon,too human,forza 2,mass effect...are all dead certs for me...while things like the movie tie-ins,pirates 3,spidey 3 and the like are all...'prolly pick up'...still mass effects 'rumoured' june/july release date was still preffered as it fitted in nicely...now we have blue dragon,halo3,GTA4 and mass effect all coming out in 3 months.....anyone know what has happened to lost odyssey and alan wake?,....as these are two titles i am waiting for as well

Holy list of games Batman..............You guys know your up and coming games, I'm impressed.
Still struggling to find a 360 game to play and really get into..

Grace: Unmerited favor.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: April 24, 2007, 05:48:34 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 24, 2007, 05:17:53 AM

I'm pretty sure Alan Wake has been pushed back to 2008, but I'm not sure about Lost Odyssey.  Last I heard was "Holiday '07", which is pretty broad and very open to delays. 

I forgot about one of my must-buys for the summer: FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage.  I have a weak spot for that series. 

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 24, 2007, 05:57:31 AM »

Lost Odyssey is still scheduled for November/December, with a simultaneous world launch.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: April 24, 2007, 01:07:45 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 09, 2007, 05:47:00 PM

Even with the borked ending, I thought KOTOR 2 was infinitely superior to Jade Empire. 

O. MY. GAWD. Kevin Grey has lost his first arguement on teh intarwebz. Think of the children, man... think of the children!

KoTOR2 was, at best, 50% done. Jade Empire, although not as great as it's hype, was a COMPLETE game.'

People keep mentioning The Darkness; isn't that a repackaged Doom3? slywink
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 01:12:32 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 24, 2007, 01:57:06 PM »

Quote from: Purge on April 24, 2007, 01:07:45 PM

KoTOR2 was, at best, 50% done. Jade Empire, although not as great as it's hype, was a COMPLETE game.'

I quit Jade Empire sometime in Chapter 4 at the 15 or 16 hour mark.  Just couldn't care to continue.  I finished KOTOR 2 after a about 50 hours and despite the poor ending, loved the first 40-45 hours of it.  Guess which was the complete game to me? icon_wink
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 24, 2007, 02:19:44 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 24, 2007, 01:57:06 PM

Guess which was the complete game to me? icon_wink

Jade Empire?

Tongue

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 24, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »

No, not at all.  You're going after mob guys.  If anything, it's closer to playing Doom3 from one of the demon's perspective.  However, it's also present-day Earth (or close to it, I think), not futuristic Mars.  Also, it's from the guys who did Chronicles of Riddick, so anticipation is high.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2007, 02:59:51 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on April 24, 2007, 02:30:00 PM

No, not at all.  You're going after mob guys.  If anything, it's closer to playing Doom3 from one of the demon's perspective.  However, it's also present-day Earth (or close to it, I think), not futuristic Mars.  Also, it's from the guys who did Chronicles of Riddick, so anticipation is high.

sarcasm check failed!  Tongue

Because I can,
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 24, 2007, 03:29:41 PM »

IF I were at the end of the world, alone and Jade Empire was the only game left in all of existence, I wouldn't play it.

It's. SO. BAD.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2007, 04:39:59 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 24, 2007, 03:29:41 PM

IF I were at the end of the world, alone and Jade Empire was the only game left in all of existence, I wouldn't play it.

It's. SO. BAD.

Hyperbole much? 

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2007, 04:40:44 PM »

Nope. 
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 24, 2007, 05:13:37 PM »

Jade Empire kicks the snot out of the neutered game KOT 2... I can't even give it a full name since they couldn't bother to give us a full game.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 24, 2007, 06:23:56 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on April 24, 2007, 05:13:37 PM

Jade Empire kicks the snot out of the neutered game KOT 2... I can't even give it a full name since they couldn't bother to give us a full game.

You're batty.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: April 24, 2007, 06:32:21 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 24, 2007, 06:23:56 PM

Quote from: Arkon on April 24, 2007, 05:13:37 PM

You're batty.

Your hypothesis is not proven in the evidence provided. This means that by no measure is Arkon proven or disproven to be batty.

If you meant BETTY, well that's another story.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 06:34:11 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: April 24, 2007, 06:36:41 PM »

Jade Empire >Doom3 >cold-water enema> Crayola Smokers' Special Full-body cavity cleaning and sanitization> death (but not by much) >KOTOR2.

Whew.... that's only Half-way up ATB's Hyperbole ride. Tongue

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: April 24, 2007, 06:38:22 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on April 24, 2007, 02:30:00 PM

Bullwinkle, my statement was a "Doom3 has great graphics, if you consider black(the darkness) a graphic" comment. slywink

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: