http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 03:41:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Mass Effect -- Two Weeks!  (Read 49990 times)
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 09, 2007, 07:01:21 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 09, 2007, 02:15:42 PM

Quote from: Gratch on April 09, 2007, 01:59:22 PM

Bioware has been mostly "hit" for me (the one "miss" being Jade Empire), so I have no doubt that I'll enjoy the story.  I'm sure the gameplay will be solid as well.  However, being completely awful at console shooters makes me more than a little nervous that I'll be able to keep up.

Hopefully they have a "idiculously-easy" mode for those of us that are shooter handicapped.

I think the stat based shooting is going to be way more stat based and technical than twitch tactical shooter but thats just a guess. I really doubt even sucky shooter players will have trouble with the system. That would just be totally un-Bioware.

I just hope the combat isn't based on a turn-based mechanic like KOTOR.  I loved the storyline and the interaction with the characters, but the turn-based combat completely turned me off and I never finished the game because I got so bored and frustrated with the combat system.  A game with uber-powerful Jedi warriors, and my fate was left to a virtual roll of the dice.  Not my idea of fun. 

I think a stat-based shooting mechanic would be a great idea.  I really enjoy games like The Godfather that incorporate RPG elements into an action game, and I think the ability to improve and level up your character in order to improve performance in combat would be a great idea.  But if this game incorporates a turn-based system to govern combat, it might just ruin the chances of me finishing the game (like with KOTOR).  No story is good enough for me to overlook gameplay.  And for me KOTOR just stopped being fun.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: April 09, 2007, 07:11:08 PM »

I get the impression that it is realtime until you pause it, similar to something like Baldur's Gate. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2007, 07:18:33 PM »

I think a stat-based shooting mechanic would be a great idea.  I really enjoy games like The Godfather that incorporate RPG elements into an action game, and I think the ability to improve and level up your character in order to improve performance in combat would be a great idea.  But if this game incorporates a turn-based system to govern combat, it might just ruin the chances of me finishing the game (like with KOTOR).  No story is good enough for me to overlook gameplay.  And for me KOTOR just stopped being fun.

Heh, I'm the exact opposite.  Mass Effect would be way higher on my hype list if it had a pseudo turn-based battle mechanic.   I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the shooter parts aren't too twitchy. 

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on April 09, 2007, 07:11:08 PM

I get the impression that it is realtime until you pause it, similar to something like Baldur's Gate. 

Except you have to aim.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2007, 07:20:24 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 09, 2007, 05:47:00 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 09, 2007, 04:13:32 PM

Quote from: ATB on April 09, 2007, 02:04:06 PM

(the one "miss" being Jade Empire),

Most disappointing game of the last generation.

huh?

jade empire was a great game,actually it was a fantastic game

if you want a dissapointing game of the last generation look at KOTOR2 that sucked in all kind of ways

Even with the borked ending, I thought KOTOR 2 was infinitely superior to Jade Empire. 

+ A gozillion.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2007, 08:27:58 PM »

I didn't have much of an issue with the gameplay of KOTOR, I simply couldn't stand how poorly done the cutscenes were and such. Seriously, the entire story is presented to you via bobbing head. Couldn't they have added CG cutscenes? With Mass Effect though, it seems like they have remedied that situation, what with the realistic facial expressions and movement.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2007, 08:40:46 PM »

Keep in mind that at the time there was no hardware or engine technology available for the kind of detail Mass Effect and Half-Life 2 have for their digital actors.

I study 3D also, and making 3D actors (modeled, textured, rigged, and moving realistically) of that quality is hard enough on for one model.  They've got to be using some sort of procedural pipeline or scripting for the less important NPCs because individually making all those side characters is madness.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2007, 11:02:46 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on April 09, 2007, 08:40:46 PM

Keep in mind that at the time there was no hardware or engine technology available for the kind of detail Mass Effect and Half-Life 2 have for their digital actors.

Eh, I don't know about that.  Many people may hate the content itself, but Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, and others have been doing much more impressively realized cutscenes in-engine than what Bioware and Obsidian have been able to do in their games.  Even keeping the same character models, the story sequences of those games would have benefitted enormously from a bit of of dynamic use of the camera and some additional character animation. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 09, 2007, 11:43:20 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 09, 2007, 11:02:46 PM

Quote from: Turtle on April 09, 2007, 08:40:46 PM

Eh, I don't know about that.  Many people may hate the content itself, but Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, and others have been doing much more impressively realized cutscenes in-engine than what Bioware and Obsidian have been able to do in their games.  Even keeping the same character models, the story sequences of those games would have benefitted enormously from a bit of of dynamic use of the camera and some additional character animation. 
I agree with Kevin. RPGs have been doing more with less than Bioware/Obisidian has had at their disposal (Xbox and cutting edge PCs) for several years. I <3 Bioware but they have been sorely negligent in keeping their in-engine cutscenes and story presentation with the times.
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 10, 2007, 01:31:38 AM »

Quote from: ATB on April 09, 2007, 07:20:24 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 09, 2007, 05:47:00 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 09, 2007, 04:13:32 PM

Quote from: ATB on April 09, 2007, 02:04:06 PM

(the one "miss" being Jade Empire),

Most disappointing game of the last generation.

huh?

jade empire was a great game,actually it was a fantastic game

if you want a dissapointing game of the last generation look at KOTOR2 that sucked in all kind of ways

Even with the borked ending, I thought KOTOR 2 was infinitely superior to Jade Empire. 

+ A gozillion.

- A gozillion and a half.  The ending of KOTOR2 turned that game from what was until that point a great experience, into one of the most disappointing games I've ever played.

At least Jade Empire was a complete game...
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2007, 02:14:18 AM »

I got my new issue of EGM today (May), and it contained an ad for Mass Effect.  It's a pretty dumb-looking ad, but it's a good sign that the game's release shouldn't be far off.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2007, 03:33:18 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 09, 2007, 11:43:20 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 09, 2007, 11:02:46 PM

I agree with Kevin. RPGs have been doing more with less than Bioware/Obisidian has had at their disposal (Xbox and cutting edge PCs) for several years. I <3 Bioware but they have been sorely negligent in keeping their in-engine cutscenes and story presentation with the times.

Actually, you're not quite correct about your comparison of FF and MGS cutscenes with the in game characters for Bioware games like KoTOR and Mass Effect.

While both games process (animate, blend, shaders) and render the digital actors in-engine and in real-time, the difference is whether the animation is also done in real time using systems, or hand animated beforehand.

The FF and MGS cutscenes were just that, cutscenes.  They were rendered in engine, but they were hand animated instead of relying on dynamic systems.  Everything from a walk, to the character's mouth movements were hand animated.  Also in these games you had little in the way of player choice.  Tidus and Yuna spoke set lines of dialogue, maybe there were one or two more lines added, but usually not.  Same for MGS, which had very set dialogue.

KoTOR and Mass Effect, on the other hand, have many more situations, emotions, dialogue and thus for efficiency's sake, has to rely on dynamic animation systems.  These systems take small segments of animation, full body poses, facial expressions, and mouth shapes; and find ways to blend between these.  There's still animators involved, but it's these systems that are opened up to the game/level designers that allow them to add in complex looking actions and facial expressions, even lip synch, without the slow process of hand animation.  Usually it's via script files, with other programs that parse the dialogue text, or even the audio file itself and automatically lip synchs.  Because these systems need to handle so many situations, they often lead to generic looking actions.  But, it looks like with the latest tech they've improved this a lot for ME.  Now, that's not to say there's no hand animated sequences in ME, it's just that it's inefficient to force a studio's animators to go through every scene in a 60+ hour game hand animating each character in each scene, and accounting for changes in the plot due to player choice.

One example of something not possible in KoTOR, FF10, or MGS without dynamic animation systems is the new ME conversation system.  You can actually interrupt another character's dialogue, and change the entire flow of a conversation.  In other games this is certainly possible with a lot of scripting, but not feasable financially since you have to go through every scene's dialogue to handle the animation changes.

In fact, these games often switch out gameplay models with cutscene specific models with higher detail when needed.  For example, any time you saw a character's face close up in FF10, that's actually a seperate head model for that character.  Likewise, many models you see in MGS cutscenes aren't the same ones used while actually playing, of if they are it has a much more advanced rig (underlying bone and muscle structure simulation) than the gameplay model.  Although, it's likely that they did the same thing for KoTOR and Mass Effect since it's such an efficient way to work, only using the extra character detail when needed, otherwise keeping that CPU power for gameplay.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2007, 05:03:29 AM »

As you say, they rely on these dynamic animation sequenes for efficiencies sake but it doesn't have to be that way.  Dynamic systems are probably fine for 90% of the game content but for key events and scenes in the game which all players will share, I wish they would break away to the "hand animated setups".   
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2007, 05:08:32 AM »

Um, they did, they took it to cutscenes when that happened and you got high resolution CG cutscenes for those.  Those are hand animated setups.

Sometimes, it's just easier, cheaper, or saves more time to make it a CG, either in house or farmed out somewhere.  If they had gone in and made all those high detail in-game setups, not only would they have to make the models, rig them, and then hand animate them, it's also a great deal of time adding more tech into the engine that has to be prototyped, tested, made useable, then fully implemented.

I think you're asking too much of game developers from the KoTOR era.  Right now it looks like Mass Effect is on the ball, but only because of the system power, and the technical knowledge was available to do such things.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 10, 2007, 12:40:48 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on April 10, 2007, 05:08:32 AM

Um, they did, they took it to cutscenes when that happened and you got high resolution CG cutscenes for those.  Those are hand animated setups

There were a few CGI cutscenes but that isn't what I'm talking about.  I"m talking about important story reveals and moments and there is no reason that more care and effort couldn't have been put into those scenes without compromising anything else.  Bioware opted not to devote resources to that area and I found that decision hurt the game even if it was understandable.

We're going round and round here so probably no reason to discuss it further.  Hopefully Mass Effect won't suffer from these issues. 
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2007, 12:52:12 PM »

ZZZZZZZZ. Less boring derail and more Mass Effect drooling please.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2007, 02:39:10 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 10, 2007, 12:52:12 PM

give us something to drool over then.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2007, 03:30:20 PM »

You guys can rant and rave about how the game is designed.  You can talk forever about turn based or real time and whether it will enhance or kill the game for you.  You can discuss the merit and length or importance of cut scenes.  You can discuss the plus and minus of both KOTOR games and how it translates to Mass Effect.  You can discuss the conversation system and its technical merits.  You can discuss the RPG elements and their development.

Discuss away folks.  All I know is I'm psyched.  I'm ready.  I'm waiting.  And I'm about to journey to multiple planets and derelict space ships to explore to my hearts content and enjoy a story of galactic proportions!  This game will be an experience on par with the KOTOR games.  This is going to be the event of 2007.  And I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it.  icon_biggrin 

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 10, 2007, 03:46:22 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on April 10, 2007, 03:30:20 PM

You guys can rant and rave about how the game is designed.  You can talk forever about turn based or real time and whether it will enhance or kill the game for you.  You can discuss the merit and length or importance of cut scenes.  You can discuss the plus and minus of both KOTOR games and how it translates to Mass Effect.  You can discuss the conversation system and its technical merits.  You can discuss the RPG elements and their development.

Discuss away folks.  All I know is I'm psyched.  I'm ready.  I'm waiting.  And I'm about to journey to multiple planets and derelict space ships to explore to my hearts content and enjoy a story of galactic proportions!  This game will be an experience on par with the KOTOR games.  This is going to be the event of 2007.  And I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it.  icon_biggrin 

Take that you stupid CK.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 10, 2007, 03:46:23 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 10, 2007, 02:39:10 PM

Quote from: ATB on April 10, 2007, 12:52:12 PM

give us something to drool over then.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 10, 2007, 03:50:34 PM »

SEEEEXXXY.....TONIGHT YOU HEAR MY NAME!!  saywhat
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 10, 2007, 03:54:05 PM »

Andrew FTW, ATB for teh suck & Calvin for the WTF?

Because I can,
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 10, 2007, 04:12:07 PM »

Quote from: Andrew Mallon on April 10, 2007, 03:46:23 PM

eek

Stop it stop it stop it!

drool drool drool drool drool
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 10, 2007, 04:14:19 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 10, 2007, 04:12:07 PM

Quote from: Andrew Mallon on April 10, 2007, 03:46:23 PM

eek

Stop it stop it stop it!

drool drool drool drool drool

no, more more MORE!!! 

Because I can,
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2007, 04:59:45 PM »

Really really looking forward to this title! You tell 'em, Starshifter! icon_wink

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2007, 06:04:09 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on April 10, 2007, 04:59:45 PM

Really really looking forward to this title! You tell 'em, Starshifter! icon_wink

i think i can safely say a lot of us are looking forward to this one

look ,5 pages and the game isnt even out yet icon_biggrin

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2007, 06:08:51 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 10, 2007, 06:04:09 PM

i think i can safely say a lot of us are looking forward to this one

look ,5 pages and the game isnt even out yet icon_biggrin

Yeah...I'm starting to think a pre-order might be the thing to do.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2007, 06:22:11 PM »

Given the pure joy you even manage to get out of games like Bullet Witch, we already understand that your standards revolve primarily around storyline and you can be a bit more forgiving than most on gameplay.  But, some of us are unable to look beyond sub-par gameplay regardless of how well the storyline has been developed.  A great story can only carry a game so far.  Video games are meant to be played, making the actual gameplay a little more important than a good story.  Not to say that storylines are irrelavent, but we're talking about playing videogames.  Otherwise I'd read a book.

It's a good thing you don't play the role of a female character, or that the main characters aren't driving an ambulance, otherwise I think you'd have had a stroke by now.

I'm not so confident that I am going to love a game that hasn't even been released yet.  Granted, Guitar Hero 3 might cause me to wet myself, but I'm still not positive that I am going to love this game regardless of any potential shortcomings.  Yes, I'll probably buy it the moment it is released, and at first I'll probably have to continue to wipe drool from my chin because of the amazing visuals, but if the gameplay mechanic is like KOTOR, then I will most likely have a similar experience.  Complete euphoria in the beginning, but over time I'll potentially lose interest and get bored.  I of course don't want this to be the case, but sometimes faulty gameplay or a gameplay mechanic I don't enjoy really mars an otherwise fantastic experience.  I can't pass judgement on my potential enjoyment of a game if all I've seen so far is a couple of screen shots and a couple of movies on Live Marketplace (no matter how many times I've watched said movies, each time getting more and more excited for the game's release). 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 06:31:58 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2007, 07:39:10 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 10, 2007, 06:22:11 PM

I might like the game, or I might not.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2007, 07:40:54 PM »

Given the pure joy you even manage to get out of games like Bullet Witch, we already understand that your standards revolve primarily around storyline and you can be a bit more forgiving than most on gameplay.  But, some of us are unable to look beyond sub-par gameplay regardless of how well the storyline has been developed.  A great story can only carry a game so far.  Video games are meant to be played, making the actual gameplay a little more important than a good story.  Not to say that storylines are irrelavent, but we're talking about playing videogames.  Otherwise I'd read a book.

Shouldn't you be in the middle of dust bowl Arizona doing some field work???  What are you doing posting here!  icon_wink  True that a great story can only carry a game so far.  But, the same can be said for the actual gameplay.  It may be cool to be able to use cover in a game and move from cover to cover, but if there is little or no story to make me care well then that stellar gameplay is going to get me bored pretty darn quick.  I approach games like Mass Effect, the KOTORs, Advent Rising and Bullet Witch and such like they are books where I get to actually play the story rather than just read about it.  Mass Effect and the KOTORs are like massive novels while Bullet Witch is more like a quick story with a great (hot) character.     

It's a good thing you don't play the role of a female character, or that the main characters aren't driving an ambulance, otherwise I think you'd have had a stroke by now.

Let me correct one big mistake here my friend.  Roy DeSoto and John Gage DO NOT drive an ambulance!!!  They drive a paramedic Squad, Squad 51 to be exact.  A squad is fully equipped with all life saving apparatus for any rescue from a heart attack to pulling victims from burning buildings.  And it has a Biophone!  nod

I'm not so confident that I am going to love a game that hasn't even been released yet.  Granted, Guitar Hero 3 might cause me to wet myself, but I'm still not positive that I am going to love this game regardless of any potential shortcomings.  Yes, I'll probably buy it the moment it is released, and at first I'll probably have to continue to wipe drool from my chin because of the amazing visuals, but if the gameplay mechanic is like KOTOR, then I will most likely have a similar experience.  Complete euphoria in the beginning, but over time I'll potentially lose interest and get bored.  I of course don't want this to be the case, but sometimes faulty gameplay or a gameplay mechanic I don't enjoy really mars an otherwise fantastic experience.  I can't pass judgement on my potential enjoyment of a game if all I've seen so far is a couple of screen shots and a couple of movies on Live Marketplace (no matter how many times I've watched said movies, each time getting more and more excited for the game's release). 

Fair enough.  I really do wish you actually finished KOTOR.  You missed one heck of a great ride.  I remember your enthusiasm when you had the game before me.  I don't pass judgement either on games prior to release.  I just know what type/theme I like.  I love things about witches and hot goth chicks so therefore Bullet Witch appealed and I'm loving it.  I love SciFi with space exploration and exploring the unknown, thus Mass Effect appeals and Advent Rising (my Game of the Year in 2005) appealed to me.  And you know how much I love everything Star Wars.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2007, 07:57:22 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on April 10, 2007, 07:40:54 PM

Shouldn't you be in the middle of dust bowl Arizona doing some field work???  What are you doing posting here!  icon_wink 

I'm in Bagdad (about 3 hours north of Phoenix) overseeing a design/build project we have with the Phelps Dodge mining company.  But I have a Verizon wireless internet card, so even though I'm in the field, I can still haunt you on these boards (and on Xbox Live if I so choose).   icon_twisted

True that a great story can only carry a game so far.  But, the same can be said for the actual gameplay.  It may be cool to be able to use cover in a game and move from cover to cover, but if there is little or no story to make me care well then that stellar gameplay is going to get me bored pretty darn quick.  I approach games like Mass Effect, the KOTORs, Advent Rising and Bullet Witch and such like they are books where I get to actually play the story rather than just read about it.  Mass Effect and the KOTORs are like massive novels while Bullet Witch is more like a quick story with a great (hot) character.

My spidey sense is telling me that you're talking about Gears of War.  I actually think the story is a little interesting.  Not exactly complete, but entertaining enough to make me want to continue to chainsaw enemies in two.  Except for the ones that explode when you do so.  And MP is like video crack when playing with friends.  But, as with anything, to each his own.  Our gaming tastes differ pretty greatly.  I think Guitar Hero is one of the first games you and I both agree on.   icon_eek       

It's a good thing you don't play the role of a female character, or that the main characters aren't driving a paramedic squad, otherwise I think you'd have had a stroke by now.

Let me correct one big mistake here my friend.  Roy DeSoto and John Gage DO NOT drive an ambulance!!!  They drive a paramedic Squad, Squad 51 to be exact.  A squad is fully equipped with all life saving apparatus for any rescue from a heart attack to pulling victims from burning buildings.  And it has a Biophone!  nod

Happy now?  Anytime I see one of your posts I keep hearing "Emergency" from Foreigner in my head.

Urgent, urgent............emergency!

Fair enough.  I really do wish you actually finished KOTOR.  You missed one heck of a great ride.  I remember your enthusiasm when you had the game before me.  I don't pass judgement either on games prior to release.  I just know what type/theme I like.  I love things about witches and hot goth chicks so therefore Bullet Witch appealed and I'm loving it.  I love SciFi with space exploration and exploring the unknown, thus Mass Effect appeals and Advent Rising (my Game of the Year in 2005) appealed to me.  And you know how much I love everything Star Wars.

I wish I could finish KOTOR, too, but I'm just so done with the gameplay that I have little motivation to go back.  Even the great "reveal" didn't shock me as much as many lead me to believe.  It was a cool story, but no Empire Strikes Back.  Don't get me wrong, Mass Effect is my most anticipated game of 2007 (even more than Halo 3), but I'm hoping that the shooting aspects of the game are well-implemented and aren't based on a virtual roll of the dice.  I want more control over my characters.  I enjoy the RPG aspects, but I also need to feel like the outcome of a battle depends on my gameplay, not on odds.  Like in Oblivion.  I feel in control of my character when in battle, and I want that same kind of feeling when I'm exploring the universe.  Otherwise Mass Effect will feel like a prettier KOTOR to me. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 14, 2007, 12:48:24 AM »

Well, I ended up putting in my pre-order tonight even though there's no hint of what the release date is.  I figured I might as well since I was placing a couple of others.  I'm surprised they didn't ask me if I wanted to upgrade to the Collectors Edition-  I must be training them well  nod

Because I can,
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: April 14, 2007, 10:41:52 PM »

I preordered mine yesterday as well from Liongames.com for $39.99.  Can't wait.  May get Bioshock for $39.99 as well.  Mulling it over.  But the end of June can't get it fast enough.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 14, 2007, 10:51:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 14, 2007, 12:48:24 AM

Well, I ended up putting in my pre-order tonight even though there's no hint of what the release date is.  I figured I might as well since I was placing a couple of others.  I'm surprised they didn't ask me if I wanted to upgrade to the Collectors Edition-  I must be training them well  nod

I thought that some pretty reliable rumors had it at June 11th or something CK? Its not that far off.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2007, 11:36:27 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 14, 2007, 10:51:02 PM

I thought that some pretty reliable rumors had it at June 11th or something CK? Its not that far off.

That or July is what the little birds tell me....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: April 14, 2007, 11:44:06 PM »

Well there has been a lot of media around the net lately, and that all started about 6 months ago.  And a summer blockbuster-style release is possible.

They're probably shooting for June/July but leaving it open in case they need to delay.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 15, 2007, 12:18:16 AM »

OXM uk are saying July for Mass Effect,which is fine by me...as it says May for Forza2,June for shadowrun(which i am so-so about),and august sees Blue Dragon and Bioshock ...so if it was July,it would fit in pretty good for me

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 15, 2007, 12:51:29 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on April 14, 2007, 11:36:27 PM

Quote from: Calvin on April 14, 2007, 10:51:02 PM

That or July is what the little birds tell me....

Argggh I was counting on June!! I should have 2-3 weeks off before we move...ARGHGH!! Calvin smash!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 23, 2007, 09:16:55 AM »

f**k,f**k,f**k!!!!!

DELAYED!

now pencilled in for September

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162430

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 23, 2007, 12:42:09 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 23, 2007, 09:16:55 AM

DELAYED!

crybaby crybaby crybaby

OH NOES!

That is terrible news.  TERRIBLE.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 23, 2007, 01:21:42 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 23, 2007, 09:16:55 AM

f**k,f**k,f**k!!!!!

DELAYED!

Well crap.  Mrs. Gratch and I have agreed on a "one game per month rule" (yeah, I was spending way too much on games), and Blue Dragon is far higher on my priority list than Mass Effect.  Since they're both coming out in September, it looks like now it'll be even longer until I play ME.  frown

Maybe this is a question for another thread, but are there any good RPG's coming out this summer?

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: