http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 08:19:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Lost Planet impressions  (Read 6250 times)
rrmorton
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2007, 10:08:12 PM »

I know, and you were wrong.  Tongue The last level sucks.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2007, 11:01:30 PM »

Quote from: rrmorton on February 08, 2007, 10:08:12 PM

I know, and you were wrong.  Tongue The last level sucks.
icon_wink
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2007, 06:19:27 AM »

yeah the last level is like ...just the boss fight...if i remember rightly,i only just did it on my second go,i just had enough

i liked zone of enders,but yeah too short...never played number 2

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2007, 03:50:27 PM »

There's a short, little half-assed ride up through a slanted column filled with some flying enemies and on-foot mechs but it lasts about 2 minutes before you get outside and fight the flying douchebot boss.

All the other Akrid and mech bosses were fun as hell. Even when they were insanely challenging, I just wanted to work harder to beat them. After playing this last level about 5 times, it seems insanely challenging but tremendously stupid and totally different than everything that came before it. Why am I learning new controls right before the end of the game? I'll take a powerful new gun, but I don't want a fundamentally different gameplay experience, you f*ckers.

I was psyched to finish this one before jumping over to give the online mode a try, but now I'm tempted to just trade it in.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 07:54:09 AM by rrmorton » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2007, 06:33:05 AM »

thats what pissed me off,i would of loved that mech suit a lot earlier....maybe they should of given you the option to have that mech suit during your second play through the game

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2007, 12:41:51 PM »

Quote from: rrmorton on February 09, 2007, 03:50:27 PM

There's a short, little half-assed ride up through a slanted column filled with some flying enemies and on-foot mechs but it lasts about 2 minutes before you get outside and fight the flying douchebot boss.

All the other Akrid and mech bosses were fun as hell. Even when they were insanely challenging, I just wanted to work harder to beat them. After playing this last level about 5 times, it seems insanely challenging but tremendously stupid and totally different than everything that came before it. Why am I learning new controls right before the end of the game? I'll take a powerful new gun, but I don't want a fundamentally different gameplay experience, you f*ckers.

I was psyched to finish this one before jumping over to give the online mode a try, but now I'm tempted to just trade it in.

I t o t a l l y agree.  It is almost like this is from an entirely different game.  The mech looks like some kind of Japanese anime Transformer cartoon and not like the badass mechanized beasts prior to it.  And yes, the control scheme is a totally new one.  WTF?!   I absolutely hated it.  If that had been in the demo or in the first level or two, I would have never bought nor finished the game.  I beat it just cause I came that damn far and plus I wanted to see the end vid. 

I am tempted to swap it too, but the gameplay prior to that is so nice that I may just keep it to play through some of those sections now and then.  I dunno.  But I am with you on this one.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2007, 12:58:03 AM »

I'm at the end of mission 6 I believe. So far the bosses are really fucking stupid. I mean seriously, this is more of a battle with the controls and camera than it is with the boss itself. Nice character models and explosions but the level design is horridly repetetive, the control scheme is lame as hell, the grappling hook is pointless, the cutscenes do barely anything to pull you into the story, the main character sucks... The mechs are decent but SO clunky to control. If there's 11 missions then I'm a little more than half way through, to me all the difficulty comes from the controls and the camera. I do enjoy the intense action, but that's about the only thing keeping me going, and I probably won't play the whole way through, the frustrating boss battles just aren't worth it.

As a disclaimer, I don't mind difficult games. I mind games that are difficult because of asinine reasons. I have no trouble cruising through the levels, it's the bosses that are pulling the game down, even though they are pretty impressive. 

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2007, 02:04:33 AM »

Quote from: Starshifter on February 07, 2007, 04:27:06 PM

Unless someone can help me I'm probably done with this game.  I cannot, repeat, CANNOT get pass the damn hornet on Mission #4!  This is the one where you are in a canyon of sorts with one large rock (two rocket launchers are on top of the rock).  I must have played this segment over about 30 times and I'm giving up.  I've tried the Vital Suits.  I've tried the rocket launchers.  I've tried the laser rifle.  I tried combo's of each.  I tried an all out attack.  I tried hiding behind the rock and firing.  I tried constantly moving and firing.  Nothing works.  And to top it all off you have to beat this bastard quickly because you have a limited supply of thermal energy.  Only four tanks in the canyon to replenish.   mad

I don't know if you ever beat it or not, but I had trouble with it as well until I equipped my mech with one rocket launcher and one laser rifle.  I held down the laser rifle to charge it up and fired the rocket and the laser at the same time and made pretty short work of him.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: