http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 01:47:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Kameo coop patch, new content released!  (Read 1353 times)
Dimmona
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2006, 05:02:49 AM »

The long-awaited Kameo: Elements of Power patch that adds online co-op, along with two content packages, are now available for download via Xbox Live. To update Kameo, you'll need to log in to Xbox Live and start up Kameo. As for the content packages, you'll need to start up the Marketplace and look for the new Warrior Pack (200 Microsoft Points) and new Masquerade Pack (200 Microsoft Points).

Fin.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
depward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 06:00:45 AM »

Hey, that's actually pretty nifty.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 12:13:05 PM »

What?  200 points for a new warrior pack???  :wink:

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 03:25:27 PM »

Quote from: "Starshifter"

Yeah, but Kameo's horse now has armor!

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 05:55:35 PM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
Quote from: "Starshifter"

Yeah, but Kameo's horse now has armor!

Better have two sets for that price! :wink:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 05:57:41 PM »

If you have to pay for them, I guess they consider them more like expansions than patches. Still, co-op would be pretty cool.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 06:35:58 PM »

Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"
If you have to pay for them, I guess they consider them more like expansions than patches. Still, co-op would be pretty cool.

I didn't download it yet, but I think the coop patch may be free?  Anybody try this out?

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 06:49:57 PM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"

I didn't download it yet, but I think the coop patch may be free?  Anybody try this out?

It is free.  After you download it, you have the choice under Co-op to choose Xbox Live and then there is Quick Game, which basically gives you the option to join a random player.  There is also an option to Invite a Friend or create your own room.  Very nice, in my opinion and should add some legs to an already great game.
bluvasa
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 07:04:41 PM »

Wow this is news to me.  

This is was definitley cut out due to the hectic launch schedule.

I'm glad to see they finished it up, and released it.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 07:30:43 PM »

This is a good example of how I think the Marketplace stuff should be used.  Features that should have been there to begin with are released as free upgrades to extend the life games and possibly renew interest in it (I know my desire to go back and finish Kameo coop has increased), while content that is above and beyond the scope of the original game is released as seperate content packs.

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 06:59:10 AM »

Yeah, they said they would do updates for both Kameo and PDZ over live.

Is Co-op in kameo still limited to those few short levels?

I'd really like to play with my sister the whole way through, but it's a pain to have to play, unlock the level in co-op, then only get to play a small segment of it.

I mean, if it's still the same co-op as before there's not much point to this update.

I'm more waiting for the PDZ update, they said they would add in Counter-Op, where one player is Joanna and everyone else are mooks on single player levels.  Basically, other players take over the AI as they get killed.

Hopefully they also fix the laggy aim.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 05:54:10 PM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
I'm more waiting for the PDZ update, they said they would add in Counter-Op, where one player is Joanna and everyone else are mooks on single player levels.  Basically, other players take over the AI as they get killed.

Man, that could be pretty cool, and pretty damn disorienting. What, would you follow your wandering spirit as it body-jacks one bad guy after another?

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 07:14:27 PM »

I tried inviting someone on my Friends List who I saw was playing Kameo to a multi co-op game, but they never accepted my invite.  I can't remember who it was or if they were even from this board.  If they are, shame on them.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 12:13:10 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
Quote from: "Turtle"

Man, that could be pretty cool, and pretty damn disorienting. What, would you follow your wandering spirit as it body-jacks one bad guy after another?

they had the Counter-Op mode in the original N64 Perfect Dark...fun way to play the game.  it was a little disorienting at times, but instantly jumping into the closest enemy to take out Joanna kept things interesting.  if they implement it well in PD0, i'd definitely be loading up the game again Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 04:50:22 AM »

So, anybody know what exactly the Warrior Pack (the one that gives Kameo 10 or so more looks) contains? I really hate how there's no way to fully preview what you're gonna pay for and download on the Marketplace (especially with the Themes and Icons).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 05:08:59 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
So, anybody know what exactly the Warrior Pack (the one that gives Kameo 10 or so more looks) contains? I really hate how there's no way to fully preview what you're gonna pay for and download on the Marketplace (especially with the Themes and Icons).

I bought this one for my kid, who really loves Kameo, so I'll answer for you.  Basically, it gives Kameo about 10 outfits you can dress her in.  I think I remember seeing cowgirl, ninja, pirate, robot, Joanna Dark, Egyptian, Native American, some kind of camo thing, and then a couple others I can't remember.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 07:18:38 AM »

I just tried it with the patch, co-op is still limited to those few short levels.  So if you're looking for a lot of co-op gameplay, look elsewhere.

Also the levels don't really make use of the co-op mode.  You simple go through the levels with a few more monsters than before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: