http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 11:34:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] ideas for 4-player+ online games - non FPS, non racing  (Read 648 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2009, 06:56:43 PM »

OK, I guess this could technically go in multiplayer, but I thought it fit better here.

I have a group of buddies from college and we pretty literally live at opposite sides of the country (Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Austin). The one inexpensive way we try to get together is to arrange for time on Xbox live. One of the guys really doesn't like FPS (gets motion sickness), so our go-to game for a while has been Burnout (Takedown, and now Paradise). However, we are really looking for a change of pace and are trying to come up with something that is not a shooter or a racer. It should support 4 or more people, and while it can be competitive against randoms, being fun and only involving the 4 of us is definitely a plus.

Thoughts?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
depward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 06:58:34 PM »

NHL 09 EASHL league games.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 06:59:49 PM »

Quote from: depward on February 24, 2009, 06:58:34 PM

Oh, interesting thought. There are definitely some hockey lovers in the group. What are the options there? Does everyone play on the same team? 2 vs 2?

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 07:00:37 PM »

Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Castle Crashers

Settlers of Cataan

Carcascone

Quest for Booty

Chromehounds

« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 07:02:39 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 07:01:40 PM »

Uno?

Seriously, I've played Uno with a number of GamingTrend members and we've had an absolute blast just sitting around, chatting, drinking beer, and playing cards, almost as if we were sitting in the same room.

I've had some fun playing XBLA Texas Hold-Em as well.  But Uno has always been a nice, relaxing distraction where you're able to chat with friends while simply playing cards.  

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 07:03:31 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on February 24, 2009, 07:00:37 PM

Carcascone

Also a tasty breakfast treat!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 07:08:12 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 24, 2009, 07:01:40 PM

Uno?

Seriously, I've played Uno with a number of GamingTrend members and we've had an absolute blast just sitting around, chatting, drinking beer, and playing cards, almost as if we were sitting in the same room.

I've had some fun playing XBLA Texas Hold-Em as well.  But Uno has always been a nice, relaxing distraction where you're able to chat with friends while simply playing cards.  

Yeah, the Burnout Paradise challenges have been really good along those lines. We have played a little Uno too, but I think we are looking for something with a little more onscreen action.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on February 24, 2009, 06:59:49 PM

Oh, interesting thought. There are definitely some hockey lovers in the group. What are the options there? Does everyone play on the same team? 2 vs 2?

Sweet.  Everyone plays on the same team.  You're player-locked into your own created player dude.  So the guy you'll have skating around on the ice for your team?  If his name is your real name, he'll have his name on the back of your jersey.  And when you score, it'll show your name.

You can (obviously) play up to six people per team.  You choose your position (center, left right wings, left right d or goalie) and play online against other teams.

All four of you can play.  The minimum requirement for you to be able to play an EASHL game is two.  So hey, if it's only you and a buddy that night, you can still play together.

It's really quite sweet and really well done.  You have stat tracking for everyone so you can see how many goals, assists, penalty minutes you've taken.  You can name your team and choose an existing team logo to use as your own.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 07:16:37 PM »

And a trailer that EA put out for the EASHL:

http://ballhype.com/video/exclusive_eashl_trailer/

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 07:20:05 PM »

Quote from: depward on February 24, 2009, 07:13:52 PM

Sweet.  Everyone plays on the same team.  You're player-locked into your own created player dude.  So the guy you'll have skating around on the ice for your team?  If his name is your real name, he'll have his name on the back of your jersey.  And when you score, it'll show your name.

You can (obviously) play up to six people per team.  You choose your position (center, left right wings, left right d or goalie) and play online against other teams.

All four of you can play.  The minimum requirement for you to be able to play an EASHL game is two.  So hey, if it's only you and a buddy that night, you can still play together.

It's really quite sweet and really well done.  You have stat tracking for everyone so you can see how many goals, assists, penalty minutes you've taken.  You can name your team and choose an existing team logo to use as your own.

Can you fill out the team with bots if you don't want randoms on your team? Can you also play 2 on 2 in regular games if we wanted to do that?

depward

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 07:30:35 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on February 24, 2009, 07:20:05 PM

Quote from: depward on February 24, 2009, 07:13:52 PM

Can you fill out the team with bots if you don't want randoms on your team? Can you also play 2 on 2 in regular games if we wanted to do that?

Every game is played like a traditional 5 v 5 hockey game.  Whoever isn't a human-controlled player is one that is controlled by the CPU.

There's no "randoms" element in EASHL.  It's literally your team of whoever you want (so you four) against a team of 2 - 6 human-controlled players for the other team.  Make sense?

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 07:47:06 PM »

I'll 2nd Carcassonne and Catan; 2 great choices if you want to do a lot of social chatting while you play. If your group at all likes action-RPGs, I'd also 2nd MUA and Castle Crashers. And you definitely can't go wrong with NHL 09 with all of the mplay flexibility and modes. If the 4 of you like strategy games I'd also recommend Civilization Revolution. And if fighting games are at all your bag, I'd recommend the arcade game Small Arms which can be bought for a whopping $5. slywink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: