http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 05:28:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Heads up to XBox Live Family Pack subscribers  (Read 332 times)
Blackhawk
Gaming Trend Reader

?

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2013, 01:09:44 AM »

Microsoft has cancelled this service, and it is no longer renewable.  That means that each member of your household will require a separate account going forward, which could more than double your bill. 

Unfortunately, Microsoft failed to make an announcement or warn anyone, and lots of people are discovering they no longer have service.   If you have a renewal coming up, you might want to rework your budget.
Dante Rising
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 06:34:51 AM »

MS is going to have a difficult time with these pricing models if PS+ continues on its current trajectory. Sony constantly throws free stuff at their members, and the list always has some excellent titles. I still can't believe you need to be a Gold member on Xbox Live to view something like  Netflix.

This generation many people are tied to a specific online community, but I don't know if that will necessarily translate into the next generation.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 02:37:07 PM »

I wonder if MS is paving the way for the new xbox pricing model?  The family live pack seemed like a step in the right direction. 
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 03:20:24 PM »

My GF only has a gold account because of the family pack.  I doubt we can justify a full price sub for her to play with me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: