http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 02:10:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Halo 4  (Read 16362 times)
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: December 29, 2012, 01:27:30 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on December 28, 2012, 04:11:03 PM

I'd also agree about sound being perhaps the weakest element in the game. For me it wasn't just sound levels though, as the musical score didn't quite seem to be up to usual Halo standards. IMO it's still better than 90% of  the games on the 360, but considering the amount of resources they advertised about pouring into the soundrack I expected something that at least equaled previous games.

Wow, I thought the soundtrack was good, but the SFX was exceptional

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2013, 03:03:13 PM »

I finally finished season 1 of Spartan Ops this past weekend. Wow was the 10th and last episode ever good! Episodes 1-5 left me a bit dry, but episodes 6-10 overall were a big step up in map and story quality. The story in the last 3 episodes was the quality of a very good video game. The ending was a cliff hanger, but I mean that in a very positive way. slywink   Can't wait for season 2; just hope I don't have to wait too long.

I'm very impressed with Spartan Ops. For anyone who really enjoys Halo, IMO it easily justifies the purchase of a XBLive gold account.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:44:40 PM by kronovan » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 27, 2013, 07:49:33 AM »

Game of the Year edition.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 29, 2013, 03:04:52 AM »

Did they ever do anything else with Spartan Ops or was it a one shot and done thing?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #284 on: August 29, 2013, 03:06:22 PM »

They did two seasons of Spartan Ops. I never played the second one, but I think it was regarded as be a big improvement on the first season, which I thought was pretty fun. I haven't heard of any further plans...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: September 29, 2013, 12:50:22 AM »

Little late to the party - just finished the SP campaign, about to go to Spartan Ops.

Spoiler for 343... you BETTER know what you're doing:

Cortana isn't dead. But damn if it didn't feel like they killed her off.

Too much foreshadow to believe she's gone - for one, the "rampancy" isn't supposed to affect her according to her creators log (2nd level, when they land on Requiem).

Also, she was able to make herself solid, both John-117 and Cortana were basically planned and designed by the Forerunners as was commented by the Librarian.

I suspect (and hope) that using the Forerunner tech that Cortana will eventually be truly alive.

I'm sure it's no mistake that MS is using the name Cortana for their new personal assistant AI on the Windows platforms.

How long are the Spartan Ops?

Also, Halo: Spartan Assault are more "Spartan Ops". There are 6 episodes with five missions each, starring (mostly) Sarah Palmer (7 of the 30 missions are played as Davis).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: