http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 12:42:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Halo 4  (Read 17436 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2012, 11:26:25 PM »

Quote from: kathode on November 06, 2012, 09:33:06 PM

Quote from: th'FOOL on November 06, 2012, 07:15:40 PM

Hey Kathode, what was your role in the game dev? My son wants to know. (His dream is to become a concept artist on a future Halo game and he's asking about this sort of thing more and more)

I'm the main producer on the game side for the multiplayer portion.  "The game side" meaning not the server functionality or Waypoint or stuff like that, but I work with those guys a lot.  A game producer is basically equivalent to a project manager in most other industries.

Multiplayer huh?..any chance for Halo 5 you can put the online maps on a rotation?,sick to the tits already of playing Ragnarok 5 times in a row this is the reason i have left past Halo games,everyone just votes for the same map they have just played,and again,and again and again

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2012, 11:53:27 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 06, 2012, 11:26:25 PM

Multiplayer huh?..any chance for Halo 5 you can put the online maps on a rotation?,sick to the tits already of playing Ragnarok 5 times in a row this is the reason i have left past Halo games,everyone just votes for the same map they have just played,and again,and again and again
Yeah people love that map.  You can change playlists - different playlists support different sets of maps.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2012, 12:47:54 AM »

yeah i love me some Big Team Slayer,guess it could not hurt to try the other playlists

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2012, 05:08:33 AM »

One nitpick I have is that the Chief's audio is low and with all the action, I felt like I was missing stuff.  I turned on subtitles.  Also one instance where a subtitle for Cortana went off and I didn't hear audio at all.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2012, 06:08:47 AM »

Two things I would like, a compass on my HUD, and some indicator of Health/armor when my shield is down.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2012, 06:46:11 AM »

Is the single player campaign lengthy?

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2012, 06:50:03 AM »

Its not clear if I can start a Spartan Ops episode on Legendary, it seems to default at normal

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2012, 11:20:56 AM »

Quote from: Crusis on November 07, 2012, 06:46:11 AM

Is the single player campaign lengthy?

I just finished Mission 4 last night and apart from the first mission they have been taking about an hour each for me(playing on normal),the word is that the campaign is 8-10 hrs long

EDIT: Get 600 MSP if you spend 140+hrs on Halo 4 multiplayer before November 30th(300 for 70 hrs and 100 for 35 hrs)
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/377153/blog/microsoft-will-reward-those-who-play-140-hours-of-halo-4-this-month/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:26:12 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2012, 02:22:56 PM »

Only got to play a bit into the first mission but am impressed so far.  The visuals are incredibly good, and combat is fun (I've never played a Halo game so I can't say how it compares).  I also like the tactical nature of how they handle weapons and ammo.

Has anyone else messed around with the smartglass integration?  It looks like it'll give you access to waypoint while playing, and lauch multiplayer/missions?  I haven't really touched it yet so I don't know what else it supports, but the waypoint thing seems nice in that you won't have to launch a separate application on your console to use it now.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2012, 02:46:31 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 07, 2012, 06:08:47 AM

Two things I would like, a compass on my HUD, and some indicator of Health/armor when my shield is down.

There actually hasn't been an indicator for health for Master Chief since Halo 1.  Seems like they'd be going backwards if they included it again.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 07, 2012, 03:06:43 PM »

I played a little bit of MP last and and boy am I bad.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 07, 2012, 03:23:11 PM »

I've only played into the 2nd level, but so far I'm loving it. This game will take me forever to complete, because I'm a Skull hunter in a near-obsession kind of way. I haven't found 1 yet despite looking in every nook & cranny and on every ledge - found quite a few operable devices and terms though. There seems to be a lot more area to explore in this Halo game than others, which is surprising since the graphics are significantly better than any 360 game I've played. I always look for the WOW moment in Halo games -really wasn't there in Halo Reach IMO- and its nice I've already had that by the 2nd level!  slywink
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2012, 03:23:58 PM »

There doesn't seem to be dual wielding either.
MC seems a lot more fragile when his shields are down. I don't mind that - it works better with my playstyle.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2012, 04:09:18 PM »

This occurred to me while playing:

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2012, 04:41:06 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on November 07, 2012, 03:23:11 PM

I've only played into the 2nd level, but so far I'm loving it. This game will take me forever to complete, because I'm a Skull hunter in a near-obsession kind of way. I haven't found 1 yet .....

I was at first feeling a little evil and thought not to tell you,but then my softy side kicked in Tongue
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=387738

Skulls - Skulls are available and unlocked right from the start. You do not have to seek them out in Halo 4. Silver Skulls are recommended to activate because you must complete a level on Heroic whilst 3 are activated for Skullduggery. This can be done Cooperatively.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 07, 2012, 03:23:58 PM

MC seems a lot more fragile when his shields are down. I don't mind that - it works better with my playstyle.

I noticed this too.  On heroic, I'll sometimes take burst of who-knows-what and just keel over dead.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2012, 05:57:18 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 07, 2012, 06:50:03 AM

Its not clear if I can start a Spartan Ops episode on Legendary, it seems to default at normal

What I meant to say is if there is a way to create a PUG spartan ops episode on legendary?

Also the music is incredible
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 06:23:06 PM by USMC Kato » Logged

Semper Fidelis

Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2012, 06:19:06 PM »

Played a bit of the multiplayer and am hooked. This game seems to solve the issues I have with games like CoD where I can't easily tell the difference between friend and foe. Not having to look down the sites also helps.  I still suck, but I think I can graduate to competent noob given enough time.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2012, 07:08:04 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 07, 2012, 05:57:18 PM

What I meant to say is if there is a way to create a PUG spartan ops episode on legendary?

You can select Spartan Ops difficulty if you launch through the "Play Chapters" menu.  This lets you play solo or with your party.  If you go through matchmaking (the "Find Game" menu), you can't select difficulty.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 07, 2012, 08:16:29 PM »

Quote from: kathode on November 07, 2012, 07:08:04 PM

You can select Spartan Ops difficulty if you launch through the "Play Chapters" menu.  This lets you play solo or with your party.  If you go through matchmaking (the "Find Game" menu), you can't select difficulty.

Roger, and thanks.  I was able to do all of them solo on legendary.  Matchmaking defaults to heroic difficulty I believe

Semper Fidelis

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 07, 2012, 08:51:54 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 07, 2012, 08:16:29 PM

Roger, and thanks.  I was able to do all of them solo on legendary.  Matchmaking defaults to heroic difficulty I believe

Do you get different rewards for doing them on Legendary?
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: November 07, 2012, 10:27:54 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 07, 2012, 08:51:54 PM

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 07, 2012, 08:16:29 PM

Do you get different rewards for doing them on Legendary?
You get to tell all your friends that you are as cool as Kato

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 08, 2012, 02:55:50 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 07, 2012, 04:43:36 PM

Quote from: Purge on November 07, 2012, 03:23:58 PM

I noticed this too.  On heroic, I'll sometimes take burst of who-knows-what and just keel over dead.

Yeah I don't mind being fragile with shields down, just a bit annoying that I can take 10+ shots while my shields are down one time, and die pretty much instantly another. I assume it has to do with the type of weapon you are hit with.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 08, 2012, 04:54:24 AM »

this arrived from Gamefly today, and I've played through to the third mission. Graphics look awesome, and the story has potential, but gameplay... Dishonored and Deus Ex: Human Revolution have spoiled shooters for me; pushing buttons to save the universe isn't the same anymore  crybaby

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 08, 2012, 06:22:14 AM »

Enjoying the game so far. Have gotten about halfway through the campaign, did the first 5 spartan ops with Kato, played some Dominion with Kato.

That said, I still want campaign and co-op scoring back, and I really want firefight mode back. It feels like 343 was focused mainly on the campaign and vs MP for this, which is fine, but, I hope they realize that while spartan ops are nice, they are not remotely a replacement for firefight.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: November 08, 2012, 06:53:14 AM »

Definitely quite an achievement. Watched my housemate play this before, sadly, the 360 blew up.

Makes me wonder what Bungie really could accomplish if they had been given more time, or if Halo just needed a redo like this.

There's a lot of really nice character and story in the game this time, which I like. Also, barring the *cough* visual upgrades on Cortana, they actually did a lot more for her character and writing, even if a little forced at times, but they let Jen Taylor go to work with more range on the character.

Heck, I think the Chief had more lines in the first few hours of the game than the any single Halo game before.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 08, 2012, 01:40:26 PM »

Last exam from 1pm to 4pm today.  Then it's shooteyface time.   drool

Hope to see some of you on the battlefield before I have to go to my soccer game.   The drink that never ends.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 08, 2012, 03:22:19 PM »

PLAY FLOOD MODE.

That is all. Just wanted to pass that along. Flood is a fantastic game type and a riot to play as a group.

I'll be playing halo tonight til 1030 or so, or whenever my copy of black ops 2 arrives tonight. ;D

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 08, 2012, 05:18:33 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 07, 2012, 04:41:06 PM

I've only played into the 2nd level, but so far I'm loving it. This game will take me forever to complete, because I'm a Skull hunter in a near-obsession kind of way. I haven't found 1 yet .....

I was at first feeling a little evil and thought not to tell you,but then my softy side kicked in Tongue

Skulls - Skulls are available and unlocked right from the start. You do not have to seek them out in Halo 4. Silver Skulls are recommended to activate because you must complete a level on Heroic whilst 3 are activated for Skullduggery. This can be done Cooperatively.

Thanks for letting me know MO. When I started digging around the menus I did notice the Skulls option. NP as I doubt I would have found all the terminals and devices I did without my thorough searching, but I'm doing less exploring now.

I found the time last night to finish the 3rd mission and oh man what a level that was - 1 of the best in any Halo game I've played! Is it just me, or is there a strong Metroid Prime vibe in this Halo. Not that I expect Master Chief to curl up into an energy ball or anything, but if continues to remind me of that other game style a bit, I'll be very happy.  slywink
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 08, 2012, 05:30:24 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on November 08, 2012, 05:18:33 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 07, 2012, 04:41:06 PM

Thanks for letting me know MO. When I started digging around the menus I did notice the Skulls option. NP as I doubt I would have found all the terminals and devices I did without my thorough searching, but I'm doing less exploring now.

I found the time last night to finish the 3rd mission and oh man what a level that was - 1 of the best in any Halo game I've played! Is it just me, or is there a strong Metroid Prime vibe in this Halo. Not that I expect Master Chief to curl up into an energy ball or anything, but if continues to remind me of that other game style a bit, I'll be very happy.  slywink

The visor seems very Metroid Prime looking.

I feel like I am searching for "terminals", but I've not found many.  I did find one that said it unlocked something on Waypoint though.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 08, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on November 08, 2012, 03:22:19 PM

PLAY FLOOD MODE.

That is all. Just wanted to pass that along. Flood is a fantastic game type and a riot to play as a group.

I'll be playing halo tonight til 1030 or so, or whenever my copy of black ops 2 arrives tonight. ;D

I'm available for Halo multiplayer. Haven't even started the campaign yet  icon_neutral

Semper Fidelis

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 08, 2012, 07:23:44 PM »

I'll send you an invite if I see you on Kato!

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 08, 2012, 07:31:09 PM »

Throw an invite my way as well if you see me

gamertag Covenant72
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 08, 2012, 09:22:26 PM »

Finished the campaign today,really enjoyed it

looked at my service record times and it looks like this

Campaign -9hrs 02minutes
Spartan Ops-1hr 27 minutes
Online Play-17hrs 09 minutes

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 08, 2012, 11:35:15 PM »

Finished my last two exams today, just returned home with my copy.  Opened a beer, a steak is grilling, paging through the manual (apparently once I got inside the package there is no manual), eta on the battlefield in T-minus 15 minutes.   ninja2
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 11:47:49 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 09, 2012, 03:40:21 PM »

so after you have played Spartan Ops and found the Terminals in the campaign of Halo 4 go into Halo Waypoint,press X and then press X again and input these codes

As you can see the top three unlock armour for Halo 4 while the bottom two unlocks concept art,all unlocks also gives you XP...when you unlock them all,you will get a Halo Waypoint avatar award as well(Raider Helmet)

360a.org

I love this stuff,they did it for Halo CE:Anniversary as well

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 09, 2012, 08:09:34 PM »

For multiplayer, I am having a lot of success with the Hardlight shield and hologram. Put a few video clips on file share showing the usefulness of the shield.

Semper Fidelis

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: November 09, 2012, 08:15:40 PM »

links or it didn`t happen. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 09, 2012, 08:37:54 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 09, 2012, 08:15:40 PM

links or it didn`t happen. Tongue

Lol, you can view them in the file share section when playing Halo 4

Semper Fidelis

th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: November 09, 2012, 09:40:57 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 09, 2012, 08:09:34 PM

For multiplayer, I am having a lot of success with the Hardlight shield and hologram. Put a few video clips on file share showing the usefulness of the shield.

Hardlight shield is in my son's primary loadout and he swears by it.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: