http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 01:54:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lichdom  (Read 358 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2013, 06:09:10 AM »

holy hell this looks cool:

Lichdom is a single-player action adventure intended to introduce gamers to the vast and varied world of Roth where magic is celebrated, feared, and omnipresent.  To better deliver a kinetic experience, the game-play camera is first-person but the magic system is designed carefully to deliver a connection to the player’s destructive and manipulative power not found commonly in a “shooter.”  We are ensuring that our players will feel everything. 

The system driving combat and magic is designed from the ground up to deliver an emergent spell-casting experience in worlds tailored to allow for experimentation and re-playability.  The player is trained in the use of these systems through quests tailored to feel seamless with the environment. Hundreds of encounters with the corruption of this world encourage a player to build and test their magic creations.  Each new region challenges the player with visceral combat and rewards them with magics of increasingly varied effect.  With skill and creativity these abilities can be combined to create organic synergies that unleash far more devastating destruction.  All of these systems and stories are designed to deliver an experience unique to each player as they choose how to craft their own mage, own their experience, and rid the world of its demonic corruption.

RPS put it as 'Skryim powered by CryEngine'.  the only drawback is it isn't a true open world game, but then again Dark Messiah wasn't open world and I got one hell of a kick out of playing it....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 06:13:53 AM »

Shame it is first person. I just can't get into that hands-floating-in-front-of-me view. Reminds me of Hexen.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 02:49:09 PM »

Looks good.  I greatly enjoyed Dark Messiah and Arx Fatalis, if this is like either of those then I will be very happy.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 03:28:07 PM »

Looks good.  I don't mind seeing the hands, but why do they have them so high up?  Picture walking around with your hands right under your chin.  Bit awkward.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 06:03:24 PM »

I finally understand why some CG and photographer friends are complaining about, chromatic aberration is becoming the new "bloom" effect of this generation of games. It's everywhere, and it's a stupid effect.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 07:58:20 PM »

Chromatic aberration

I think hat the game looks pretty fun. The hands don't really bug me; they don't seem that different from the hands in a number of FPS games I've played.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »

Glad I'm not the only one who had to look that up.  icon_lol

I tend to turn most filtery visual effects off. Bloom, motion blur and any form of depth distortion gets switched off as soon as I see it in an option menu.   Give me crisp textures, good AA and I'm happy.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 06:54:57 PM »

Sorry about that. It's just that I've been seeing it more and more after it was introduced to me.

It's a photography thing at first, but seeing it used as an effect in pure fantasy games just seems really odd and jarring.

Put it in a game like Deux Ex, some modern or future thing? Sure. Even Deep Down with its weird assassin's creed plot, but seeing it in this pure fantasy game just broke the effect in my eyes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: