http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 03:09:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Guitar Hero II  (Read 27738 times)
Kratz
« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2007, 10:54:37 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on April 05, 2007, 08:41:53 PM

Man, get that kid a real gibson (if he doesn't already have one).  That's freakish finger dexterity and sense of rhythm.  I already know there's no way I could do what he's doing.  My fingers would develop into arthritic bone stumps if I tried. 

His parents need to 1) acknowledge his freakish talent and 2) give him the resources he needs to become the next John Frusciante.  They can then 3) enjoy the big mansion he buys them later.     

Well... if guitar hero actually translates to the guitar... mashing buttons is a far cry from playing an instrument.

I'll let you know when my copy gets here.
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2007, 12:48:25 AM »

Man, I'm so rusty.  I started right in to expert.  Got demolished on Surrender.  My GF was watching.  I felt like a loser.

Then I calibrated the lag, went through two tiers on hard, and got used to the feel of a brand new guitar (which I haven't had since Dec '05).  Now I'm back to shredding through expert.  Still very rusty though.  Damn it looks pretty now.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2007, 01:04:10 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on April 06, 2007, 12:48:25 AM

Then I calibrated the lag, went through two tiers on hard, and got used to the feel of a brand new guitar

I am starting to think I need to do some calibration myself.  Playing the really fast songs like Psychobilly Freakout was veyr difficult because it seemed like the notes visually weren't matching with the sound.  I felt like I was dead on with the music, but getting counted as missing.  I did finally make it through it, but it just felt off.  When you have songs like that which really just have a ton of notes coming at you really fast, you start to notice it more than if you're just playing the easy songs.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2007, 07:32:36 AM »

Just worked on Med. tonight...I love that they ask about 5 times if I really wanted to play Free Bird.....I really wanted a yes to all button.

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2007, 02:06:35 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen.  I give you the startling new sensation in music.  The band that will rescue you from the doldrums of your life.  A warm welcome for:

EMERGENCY!

dude dude dude dude dude
 headbang headbang headbang headbang headbang

nod

Coming to a venue near you soon!!!

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 06, 2007, 03:13:06 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on April 05, 2007, 08:42:21 PM

My band name on the PS2 was Krokus.  I probably need to change that...

So I guess you were Screaming in the Night while you were at a Ballroom Blitz icon_biggrin

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: April 06, 2007, 03:16:55 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on April 06, 2007, 03:13:06 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on April 05, 2007, 08:42:21 PM

My band name on the PS2 was Krokus.  I probably need to change that...

So I guess you were Screaming in the Night while you were at a Ballroom Blitz icon_biggrin

Hehhe, true that.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Kratz
« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2007, 04:00:37 PM »

What this game really needs is the Four Horsemen.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2007, 04:56:37 PM »

Taken from OctopusOverlords in hopes of finding some help.  I really need some help with this game:

Quote from: Fretmute
Quote from: wonderpug
You can't do hammer-ons and pull-offs on any notes that are close together.  The note icons will look slightly different.  I don't know how different they look on the 360 version, but on the PS2 the hammer-on notes are kind of missing the dark outline that normal notes have.

Specifically, they're missing the black circle around the white nub:

In this sequence, you have to strum the orange, and the subsequent blue and red notes can be pulled off.  Then you strum the red, and hammer/pull the orange and blue.

Even after this explanation I still am having trouble understanding exactly how this mechanic works.  I think I understand the "hammer on" in that if I'm hitting notes that are from left to right, for example if there was a sequence of Green, Red, Yellow (missing the black rings on the nub), I could play Green, then hit Red, and then Yellow without strumming.  However, going in the opposite direction with pull-offs I'm completely lost.

If it were Yellow, Red, and then Green, do I hold down all three to play the Yellow note, then pull off Yellow to play Red, and then pull off Red to play Green?  If so, how am I supposed to know that I can hold down all three and get the right note?  Especially when notes are flying at me around Mach-2?  Pull-offs are so confusing to me.  Hammer-on's seem to make sense, but not going the other way.

Keep in mind, I'm currently playing on Easy and I'm already having some trouble on the later songs, so this might just be a concept I won't be using for some time to come.    icon_redface

Man I need to get some practice in.  This game is hard.  And some of you crazy bastards are playing on Expert?   icon_eek  I think it's going to take me some time just to get to Medium.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 06, 2007, 05:08:17 PM »

Also, does anyone know how you go about unlocking the encore songs?  I'm assuming I have to hit five stars on the songs prior to the encore before unlocking it, but if I'm wrong please correct me.  And can one unlock the encore performances on Easy, or must you be playing on Medium?  If so, it's going to be a "Long Road Ahead."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 05:10:18 PM by PeteRock » Logged

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2007, 05:16:08 PM »

No shit man.  I was cruising on Easy until I beat it.  Now Medium is KICKING MY ASS.

gellar
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2007, 05:20:21 PM »

Quote from: gellar on April 06, 2007, 05:16:08 PM

No shit man.  I was cruising on Easy until I beat it.  Now Medium is KICKING MY ASS.

gellar

After doing fairly well on the first few songs on Easy I decided that Medium would be a more realistic challenge.  But when multiple-fret notes came pouring down at me in all sorts of combinations, I was quickly humbled and decided that Easy would be a realistic level for quite some time. 

Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2007, 05:29:08 PM »

I believe you are correct that encores only happen in Medium or above.

And for an AC/DC song I want Beating Around the Bush:

Gollum Version
Sexy Version
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 06, 2007, 05:34:21 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 06, 2007, 05:08:17 PM

Also, does anyone know how you go about unlocking the encore songs?  I'm assuming I have to hit five stars on the songs prior to the encore before unlocking it, but if I'm wrong please correct me.  And can one unlock the encore performances on Easy, or must you be playing on Medium?  If so, it's going to be a "Long Road Ahead."
I believe you just have to beat everything on that level to unlock the encore, you certainly don't need to 5 star everything.

As for the pull-offs, I think GH1 did require you to have the higher notes pre-held down before releasing the lower ones, but GHII is much more lenient.  I think you can even get away with pressing the notes one at a time if you time it right.

Now if you're next going to ask how you transition from manageable chords and sequences to a sudden crazy string of hammer-on/pull-offs for a big solo, I have no idea.  Those still make me cry.

Time for a repost of xkcd:

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on April 06, 2007, 05:34:21 PM

I believe you just have to beat everything on that level to unlock the encore, you certainly don't need to 5 star everything.

So, when you complete 4 of the 5 songs and unlock the next venue, you just have to complete that 5th song in order to unlock the encore?  Good to know.

Now if you're next going to ask how you transition from manageable chords and sequences to a sudden crazy string of hammer-on/pull-offs for a big solo, I have no idea.  Those still make me cry.

Time for a repost of xkcd:

That illustration sums up my feelings perfectly, and I'm only using three fret buttons.   icon_cry

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2007, 05:46:45 PM »

I've never played on Easy, but maybe you can't unlock them on that level.  Normally, you just have to complete all the songs in the set to unlock it.  So, if you've completed all the songs and never seen an encore, I am thinking maybe they don't do that on Easy.  Someone else who actually knows can come post, though.  icon_biggrin

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2007, 06:32:08 PM »

Pretty sure it's gotta be medium to unlock anything.

gellar
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 06, 2007, 06:48:21 PM »

They did redo how hammer-ons and pull-offs work in GH2.  You can just quickly hit the notes in succession now.  It's no longer 'realistic' in that you have to pull off the higher notes while holding lower ones, or keep holding lower ones when you hit the higher ones.  Now if you are quick enough to hit the next note, it counts.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 06, 2007, 06:59:12 PM »

Quote from: wiki
After completing the required songs, three, four, or five depending on the difficulty, fans in the crowd will chant for an encore. Passing the encore song will unlock the next tier of songs. Encores are not available in the Easy career mode.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »

If it were Yellow, Red, and then Green, do I hold down all three to play the Yellow note, then pull off Yellow to play Red, and then pull off Red to play Green?  If so, how am I supposed to know that I can hold down all three and get the right note?  Especially when notes are flying at me around Mach-2?  Pull-offs are so confusing to me.  Hammer-on's seem to make sense, but not going the other way.

You can hold down multiple notes and only the highest note will play.  This is always true* not just for hammer-ons/pull offs.  It's a fairly essential technique in the game. 

So, for example, lets say you have a series of red and yellow alternating notes coming up.  You could hold the green fret down the entire time and it will be basically be ignored. 

* Chords (defined in Guitar Hero as two colors that have to be be triggered simultaneoulsy) are the exception.  If it is asking you to play a Red-Yellow Chord then you cannot be holding down any other buttons when you play the chord. 

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 06, 2007, 07:53:51 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 06, 2007, 07:42:00 PM

You can hold down multiple notes and only the highest note will play.  This is always true* not just for hammer-ons/pull offs.  It's a fairly essential technique in the game. 

So, for example, lets say you have a series of red and yellow alternating notes coming up.  You could hold the green fret down the entire time and it will be basically be ignored. 

* Chords (defined in Guitar Hero as two colors that have to be be triggered simultaneoulsy) are the exception.  If it is asking you to play a Red-Yellow Chord then you cannot be holding down any other buttons when you play the chord. 

I think he's more asking how, if you're meant to pre-hold down green and red for some upcoming pull-offs, you're supposed to know ahead of time that those should be held down when you strum yellow.  The answer being that you either memorize the sequence after replaying the song a few times, or you pull-off the more lenient way that GHII let's you do: just finger the notes as they come without strumming.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 06, 2007, 08:53:51 PM »

um...to me it appears that you just have to play the 4 songs per set and after the fourth you will get the encore before you move to the next set.

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 06, 2007, 08:56:11 PM »

Quote from: Jancelot on April 06, 2007, 06:59:12 PM

Quote from: wiki
After completing the required songs, three, four, or five depending on the difficulty, fans in the crowd will chant for an encore. Passing the encore song will unlock the next tier of songs. Encores are not available in the Easy career mode.

Man, you don't get anything cool in Easy mode.   icon_redface

shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: April 06, 2007, 09:14:02 PM »

Just read that the 360 guitar works in Windows.  So if you have frets on fire that will now work.  I can see many programs to hopefully use this so we can have some great user content in the future..   

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 07, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on April 06, 2007, 05:34:21 PM

I read the words and chuckled.  Then I saw the note pattern and burst out laughing.

Is it playable?  Yeah, I guess so.  Can I do it?  No freaking way.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 07, 2007, 06:16:25 PM »

Quote from: Kratz on April 06, 2007, 04:00:37 PM

What this game really needs is the Four Horsemen.

Hell why not go for the face melting solos on No Remorse  icon_biggrin

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 07, 2007, 09:56:43 PM »

I finally five-starred Institutionalized on Medium.  What a bitch that song is.  No rhyme or meter to how the notes go and the tempos constantly change.  Not to mention that the "singer" just mumbles over the entire song.  Very annoying.

Now I only have to get through Carry Me Home and I'll get the medium achievement, but damn my forearm is sore from all those tries on Institutionalized smile
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 08, 2007, 12:29:57 AM »

Quote from: kathode on April 07, 2007, 09:56:43 PM

I finally five-starred Institutionalized on Medium.  What a bitch that song is.  No rhyme or meter to how the notes go and the tempos constantly change.  Not to mention that the "singer" just mumbles over the entire song.  Very annoying.

Now I only have to get through Carry Me Home and I'll get the medium achievement, but damn my forearm is sore from all those tries on Institutionalized smile

i finally 5-starred Institutionalized this afternoon as well...my one hold-out on medium.  i got the achievement, and i'm now working on all the bonus tracks...only three to go before i've 5-starred every song on medium.  then it's on to the Hard career...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 08, 2007, 06:53:46 AM »

Okay, I seriously need help.  I 5-starred all songs on Easy, and I got perfects on around 9 or 10 of them (I missed only two notes on "Jessica" and it really chapped my ass, and I only missed one note on Psychobilly Freak Out).  But now that I have started on Medium I am having my ass handed to me and what was once a fun game has quickly degraded to pure frustration.  Soon I'll be setting my guitar on fire in my living room, not to celebrate a great set, but instead to banish the musical demons from my life. 

My first question is how I'm "supposed" to play the guitar.  How many fingers am I supposed to use?  Some say to use your pinky for the "blue" notes (pointer on green, middle on red, ring on yellow, and pinky on blue), others say to use three fingers and slide your hand from left to right (centering the middle finger on yellow and sliding the hand to play green), not using the pinky at all.  I want to know the "right" way to play.  At least then I can practice on developing skill at playing correctly instead of trying to come up with some way to hit all of the notes.

I'm trying like mad to slide my hand up and down using only three fingers and it just isn't working at all.  I'm not sure if I just need to practice and memorize songs before playing them, or if I should be able to just play them right off the bat as long as my fingers are positioned correctly.  The reason why I'm asking is because a friend is over and managing to rock out on Medium without ever having played the songs, and I'm sounding like a six-year old plucking on his dad's guitar.  WTF?   icon_mad

He is using his pinky to play the blue notes and has no trouble playing songs from the get-go by just playing the notes as they appear on screen.  We tried facing off in Pro Face-Off Mode, and I wound up with 50% of his score.  And yet I housed his ass on Easy.  I'm beyond frustrated.  I don't even want to play this F-ing game anymore.  Granted, he has played guitar for about 10 years, but this is a video game.  I don't understand how I can go from a guitar god on Easy to an imbecile on Medium, while he has gone from eating my dust to housing my ass.

I can understand the need to practice songs, but he comes by the house every so often and only plays the game at my house, and yet he has gone from marvelling at my Easy skill to crushing me on Medium.   icon_confused

Help me.  Please.  I don't want to set fire to my guitar.  We just finally paid off our new carpeting.

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 08, 2007, 07:08:52 AM »

Pete...I use a combination of both....the only time I slide my hand is when I have a red/blue combo. Slide your pointer to red and ring to blue...just be sure to shift back...other than that use your pinky to hit blue.  The best i can say is just keep trying and it will eventually hit you...that is what happened to me...it just hit me to use my pinky.  Go to practice and slow the songs down to get use to the notes.  It will help you without the frustration of missing a note because well it doesn't really matter.  Just keep increasing the speed until you get it.  Try Message in a bottle on a slow speed it has some really good parts to get use to having to slide between green/yellow and red/blue...just go on slowest until you get the hang of it.

Just think...in hard you have to slide and use your pinky!!!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 07:26:50 AM by papasmurff » Logged

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2007, 07:15:16 AM »

Quote from: papasmurff on April 08, 2007, 07:08:52 AM

retard

I guess I kind of figured I'd have to learn to use my pinky because after playing some of the later songs in face-off mode, I quickly learned that I just didn't have enough fingers to play the notes hurling down the screen like an out-of-control semi.  There were just more notes than fingers, no matter how quickly I tried to move my hand to compensate.  And I'd rather not talk about hammer-ons and pull-offs right now.  I could nail them in Easy, but right now being a palsy patient trying to do brain surgery with a pipe wrench might be a more realistic goal.   icon_redface
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 07:21:46 AM by PeteRock » Logged

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2007, 07:43:00 AM »

lol....I just tried hard and it kicked my ass.....just force yourself to use you pinky for blue notes and you will be well on you way and you won't miss as many notes

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2007, 08:21:38 AM »

Pete...just get used to using your pinky.  i'll admit it didn't feel right for me initially either, but once you get more used to it you'll be tearing up songs on Medium in no time.  just put your index finger on green and use one finger for each button while you're on medium...worry about sliding once you start working on Hard.  by then, using your pinky will be second nature and you can focus on the new skill of hitting that damn orange button.  i'm working my way through Hard now and use the green button as home for my index finger most of the time, sliding up to keep it on red when i hit a stretch in a song that uses the orange button a lot.  i've found that as i get more practice my brain does a pretty good job of remembering where my fingers are positioned and adjusting as needed when i slide up or down.  it's a little strange just how quickly you adjust to hitting the new notes.  i catch myself making slides and stretches without really thinking in a lot of cases...getting to the point where i just hit the notes when they come across the screen without thinking about it too much.  the thing i'm having the most trouble with now is the green-orange transition...my fingers just aren't long enough to do it without some serious stretching.  there's a riff in 'Freya' on hard that makes you go do a HO/PO of green-orange-blue over and over again, and that stretch just about kills my hand.

as for hammer-ons/pull-offs, those will come with time as well.  they're not incredibly important in the early parts of medium, but you'll find they start to click as you make more progress.  just because a note is written as a HO/PO doesn't mean you have to play it as one; although doing them all the time is good practice.  i still find myself strumming some of those notes just because my right hand gets caught up in the rhythm of the song.  there are a few songs in the later part of the medium list that really make good use of them and are great for practicing the technique.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2007, 01:31:52 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 08, 2007, 07:15:16 AM

Quote from: papasmurff on April 08, 2007, 07:08:52 AM

retard

I guess I kind of figured I'd have to learn to use my pinky because after playing some of the later songs in face-off mode, I quickly learned that I just didn't have enough fingers to play the notes hurling down the screen like an out-of-control semi.  There were just more notes than fingers, no matter how quickly I tried to move my hand to compensate.  And I'd rather not talk about hammer-ons and pull-offs right now.  I could nail them in Easy, but right now being a palsy patient trying to do brain surgery with a pipe wrench might be a more realistic goal.   icon_redface

Honestly Pete, you'll just suddenly 'get it' after playing for a while.  I used to sit there and thing "Damn, there is no WAY I'm gonna be able to get that extra fret in there!" and now I'm playing it on hard.  Don't know what made it click, but it eventually will.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2007, 03:09:56 PM »

I really appreciate the advice.  I guess I pretty much determined that I'd have to learn to use my pinky when I got so fed up with my inability to hit the blue notes that I just started skipping them altogether.  Probably not the ideal approach. 

I started trying to force myself to relearn to play after finishing easy by placing my middle finger on yellow so that I could teach myself to shift back and forth for the later challenges, but it just didn't seem to work.  Even though it was easier to play the blue notes, I had to shift to play way more green notes. 

I'm enjoying this game so much that it has become an obsession.  Last night I found myself practicing finger movements in my sleep.  Today is going to see a fair bit of practice before I head out of town for work.  I think I may go through some withdrawl while I'm away from my beloved axe.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 08, 2007, 05:04:11 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, teaching your pinky to be useful is one of the hardest parts of learning real guitar as well!  You just gotta practice enough to give it some strength and dexterity. smile
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2007, 12:15:25 AM »

After getting some rest and practicing with the addition of my pinky to the rotation, today I've managed 5-star scores on 8 of the 13 songs I've played on Medium.  The fun that is Guitar Hero has returned.  Now I need to start working on strumming correctly.  Right now I more or less use my thumb, and if I try to strum like a real guitar I have to devote too much brainpower to the motion and wind up tanking with the fret buttons.  One thing at a time.

But with the simple change of incorporating my pinky instead of sliding all over the place and I'm back to playing near the level I was on Easy.  Thanks all.  You've helped to restore the fun in Guitar Hero.  After last night's nightmare I was ready to get back to other games I've been neglecting, but with some minor adjustments and a little luck (there are times when I have no idea how I made it through a particular series of notes) I'm back to loving the hell out of this game, and now that I'm earning money and unlocking new songs on Medium I'm back to being obsessed with this amazing gem.  There are still groupings of notes that cause me to completely brain-fart and lose all sense of where my hands are or which fingers play which notes, but it doesn't take long for me to recover.

It sucks that I have to go out of town for work this week, but come Friday I'll be back to rocking the casbah (or is that locking the cat box).   

Kratz
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2007, 12:24:55 AM »

I was coming in here to post about how actually playing the guitar didn't have any bearing on this game...

But seeing how hard Medium is for everyone, maybe it does help... I can use my pinky...

The main things I find difficult are how medium/easy leave out notes that are audible... my brain tries to just play the song and all of the beats, and they aren't actually there a lot of the time.

I did about 10 songs on easy before moving to medium... I was doing okay... 4 stars on most stuff... then I got to the 4th tier of songs (I think? w/ Monkeywrench?) and things got frickin' tough.

I unlocked trogdor and can rock it until I hit the solo... which... just doesn't even make sense.

Trying to learn things on slow is impossible to, as it makes the game four times harder for me... heh.

I tried a few songs on Hard... for some reason i can jump from the second fret to the 14th w/o looking in real life... but moving up to that one damn button in GH is impossible! smile
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2007, 02:50:17 AM »

Quote from: Kratz on April 09, 2007, 12:24:55 AM

I was coming in here to post about how actually playing the guitar didn't have any bearing on this game...

But seeing how hard Medium is for everyone, maybe it does help... I can use my pinky...

The main things I find difficult are how medium/easy leave out notes that are audible... my brain tries to just play the song and all of the beats, and they aren't actually there a lot of the time.

I did about 10 songs on easy before moving to medium... I was doing okay... 4 stars on most stuff... then I got to the 4th tier of songs (I think? w/ Monkeywrench?) and things got frickin' tough.

I unlocked trogdor and can rock it until I hit the solo... which... just doesn't even make sense.

Trying to learn things on slow is impossible to, as it makes the game four times harder for me... heh.

I tried a few songs on Hard... for some reason i can jump from the second fret to the 14th w/o looking in real life... but moving up to that one damn button in GH is impossible! smile

I continue to improve with my pinky, and today I've been rocking 5-star scores in Medium on everything up to the fifth tier of songs except for Monkey Wrench, which has some sick hammer on's and pull-off's my brain and fingers just can't comprehend, and Girlfriend, which I just can't stand and haven't played yet.  I even hit 5-star scores on all of the encores (War Pigs, Sweet Child O'Mine, Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight, and Shout at the Devil).  But I curl up into the fetal position and weep anytime I think about Hard.

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2007, 12:33:55 PM »

What the hell is it about youth?  My kids were with me this weekend and my 13 year old daughter, in the span of three days, almost completed medium level.  She would have if she did not have to go home.  She was instantly playing Medium without any difficulty!   icon_eek

I'm doing fine on Easy and I tried a few songs on Medium.  I think it will come with practice.  Now if I could get my videogaming ADD in check and focus on one game for awhile I'll be competitive in this darn game.  icon_lol

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: