http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 04:19:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Ghost Recon - Co Op Interest  (Read 10659 times)
BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2006, 08:48:50 PM »

I'm also gamertag is Buckeyeshane1
disarm
Gaming Trend Senior Member

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2006, 08:51:49 PM »

i'm definitely interested in joining the party at some point...never played GR before, however, so i'm planning to spend a little time with the SP game first to get the hang of things 8-)

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2006, 08:57:25 PM »

Purge - I got your back!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2006, 09:02:23 PM »

Picked up my copy at lunch, even though Fry's will have it for $47.99 tomorrow. Oh well, I just couldn't wait.

LiveTAG: happydog
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2006, 09:17:32 PM »

Have my copy... later tonight will actually have time to mess with it.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2006, 09:22:44 PM »

Actually might have more interest in coop elimination or regular multiplayer than campaign co-op tonight-as I am sure you guys ahve already seen the game has a bit of a learning curve before you stop sucking smile
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2006, 11:16:24 PM »

Jarrodhk as my gamertag... hoping to be on some tonight.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2006, 11:23:42 PM »

got my copy ready for some co-op goodness.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2006, 01:17:23 AM »

Sold out when I got to EB...

I'll be IN! at some point if you guys say it doesn't suck!

JR
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2006, 01:38:53 AM »

I'm in.   I will hopefully be on in an hour or two (damn wife is watching the TV!)

Canadian folks, I picked up my copy an hour ago at EB in toronto, although they only had enough to fill pre-orders.   BB and FS aren't usually too far off on new releases, so they should have copies available tomorrow (if they don't have them out already that is)

Oh, JR1972 is my tag.  Feel free to friendify me.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2006, 02:16:30 AM »

I am up for some co-op as well.  The wife is watching Lost on the good TV right now.  But I hope to be online afterwards if anyone is still playing.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2006, 02:22:38 AM »

I'll be playing online tonight after 9pm PST - I'll look out for you guys!

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2006, 08:58:53 PM »

I got it.  Picked up the last copy at the local Best Buy.  It's mine.  I'm stroking it right now.  my precioouuuussssss........

Now I have 3 more hours of work and I can start shooting stuff  :twisted:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2006, 09:06:47 PM »

Ill be off and on all day, Ive been getting frustrated by random multiplayer today so I am going to play some SP-anybody that wants some coop just send me a message.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2006, 09:46:09 PM »

I'll send ya a message about some co-op in about a week slywink

TheMissingLink on PSN
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2006, 11:09:40 PM »

Haven't played any online yet .  Have had a lot of fun playing split-screen so far though.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2006, 01:24:16 AM »

Found it.

IN!

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2006, 01:29:08 AM »

Good game to everybody who played last night!  The kills were aplenty, and outside of the occasional person getting dropped out due to lag it was pretty fun.  

Anybody up for doing it again tonight?

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2006, 01:57:15 AM »

Well, I picked up my copy tonight from GS with the awesome 2 for 1 trade.  Went home and realized that I lOVE this game.  One game I got 35 Kills!  Woot!!

Think I am loving co-op!

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2006, 01:58:23 AM »

I'll be back on after CSI for about an hour or so.  I don't understand what it is about me.  Seems like any time I am in a game with more that 4 or 5 people, people get disconnected like it is going out of style.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2006, 01:35:29 AM »

That was great fun - man, we had a lot of people at one time and I am LOVING jarrod's connection.

TheMissingLink on PSN
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2006, 05:38:16 AM »

Indeed. Glad I was finally in a game with you all. Sorry for the invite decline later; I got dumped and accepted an older invite from different Friends.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2006, 06:20:44 AM »

Was a blast playing with you guys!  Even when the grenades flew the wrong direction ninja

Really appreciate people who can accept a female gamer without making her feel uncomfortable.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2006, 06:56:58 AM »

So, does M often feel uncomfortable when playing online?

Thinking about it now and the kind of people I've played with, I think I've answered my own question.  She probably gets quite a few "OMG!  UR a GRL?" from gaming in text, but when that's said in a squeeky voice through your headset it might be enough to make you want to disconnect right there.

Of course, I prefer to stay on her good side, after all, she is behind me most of the time with a sniper rifle.  Tongue

Unfortunately, my free Gold sub ran out not too long ago, and I'm really low on cash right now.  I have to wait until I start my new job and get my paycheck before I can subscribe again.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2006, 07:10:15 AM »

She's deadly with a sniper rifle.  That headshot achievement is most likely in the near future for her.  Mine is a ways off, but I will get it.  I WILL GET IT!!!

I love this game, my God, I love it.

TheMissingLink on PSN
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2006, 11:10:03 AM »

I definitely had the best time last night playing Co-Op.

M is surgical with that sniper rifle, damn is she good.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2006, 11:24:39 AM »

Playing ranked games against other humans is so frustrating...especially when you don't get to see them outlined in red!  All this co-op and campaign stuff is making me spoiled!

TheMissingLink on PSN
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2006, 11:37:43 AM »

M is deadly with that sniper rifle.   She is a awesome team-mate!  Hope to play more with her.

I should be online for more tonight

NiM$
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2006, 12:08:25 PM »

Not to get off subject, but we used to have a female gamer that played Crimson Skies with us all the time.  She was a ton of fun to play with.  Who was that???

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2006, 01:31:53 PM »

*raises hand*

I'll take an invite if you see me on.
jallowe1453
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2006, 02:42:04 PM »

Definately had a good time last night.  It is always fun to play with a good bunch of guys....and girl.  M is damn good, and would take her on my team any day.  I am still trying to get used to the "slow down take your time" part of the game.  Still have a bit of BF2 in me.

Hopefully I will have some time to play tonight after bowling, to shoot some people in the head.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2006, 02:44:51 PM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
So, does M often feel uncomfortable when playing online?

Thinking about it now and the kind of people I've played with, I think I've answered my own question.  She probably gets quite a few "OMG!  UR a GRL?" from gaming in text, but when that's said in a squeeky voice through your headset it might be enough to make you want to disconnect right there.

I probably chose the wrong word with 'uncomfortable'  more properly, she just doesn't have nearly as much, if any, fun with those kinds of people.

Edit: Booner: hmm... think I've neglected you on my friends list.  I'll fix that as soon as I finish this paper tonight... or during a 'break'  Cool

TML:  Yeah I know exactly what you mean.  The UAV spoils the crap out of you if you aren't careful.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2006, 02:47:08 PM »

Quote from: "jallowe1453"
Definately had a good time last night.  It is always fun to play with a good bunch of guys....and girl.  M is damn good, and would take her on my team any day.  I am still trying to get used to the "slow down take your time" part of the game.  Still have a bit of BF2 in me.

Hopefully I will have some time to play tonight after bowling, to shoot some people in the head.

Thats what I love about this game.  If you rush in guns blazing you will be killed.   Last night when we had 8 players( LOVE Jarrodhk connection) It was awesome to hear people talking about contacts and setting up cross fires.  Hopefully, they will release more map packs for free.  We run some of these maps so much that the challenge is starting to be mute, but its fun nonetheless.

NiM$
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2006, 02:51:49 PM »

Soulchilde:  Yeah thats the one drawback of the co-op side right now.  The variety is a little on the slim side.  

With 8 people we can probably do a little team play to break up the routine.  I'm going to try and figure out what map has the attack chopper on it so we can mess with that.  (besides I want the 100 choppers killed achievement)

Pikachu, I Blame you!
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2006, 02:59:42 PM »

hi guys!

yeah, it's not so much that i get uncomfortable around the "zomg a GRL!" crowd...more that i get the sudden urge to turn around and use my M60 to wipe my whole team.  ^_^

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2006, 04:19:19 PM »

Welcome to the site MerianMoriarty.  Great trigger work last night.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2006, 04:21:43 PM »

Quote from: "MerianMoriarty"
more that i get the sudden urge to turn around and use my M60 to wipe my whole team.  ^_^

*backs away slowly*

I really need to get some more practice in with the single player before I join you all online - I really need to figure out this console FPS thing before I get too much older. slywink

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2006, 08:10:56 PM »

I finally tried some online play with a buddy.  We weren't getting any other people when we had co-op games up, so we started a team last man standing.  I wound up on the red team, and had a pretty good game taking down three guys before getting killed.

We get back to the lobby, and everyone's screaming at me because, apparently unlike the entire rest of the game, if you're on the red team, red highlights mean friendly and blue are enemy.  Stupid as I think that is, I can deal with that.  However, having a bunch of strangers yelling at me about how could anyone be so f***ing stupid was not so amusing.

Combine that with getting shot constantly and getting to spend much of my time sitting and watching reminds me why I simply never play online.  I'll stick with strictly single player games from here on out, thanks very much.  I realize I suck at gaming, I don't need to spend my leisure time getting yelled at online about it.

Thank god Oblivion comes out soon.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2006, 08:13:06 PM »

Quote from: "Chaz"
I finally tried some online play with a buddy.  We weren't getting any other people when we had co-op games up, so we started a team last man standing.  I wound up on the red team, and had a pretty good game taking down three guys before getting killed.

We get back to the lobby, and everyone's screaming at me because, apparently unlike the entire rest of the game, if you're on the red team, red highlights mean friendly and blue are enemy.  Stupid as I think that is, I can deal with that.  However, having a bunch of strangers yelling at me about how could anyone be so f***ing stupid was not so amusing.

Combine that with getting shot constantly and getting to spend much of my time sitting and watching reminds me why I simply never play online.  I'll stick with strictly single player games from here on out, thanks very much.  I realize I suck at gaming, I don't need to spend my leisure time getting yelled at online about it.

The problem is you weren't playing with GTers.  Play with some of us and I am sure it will change your mind.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2006, 08:50:05 PM »

Quote from: "Chaz"

Chaz, what is your gamertag so we can invite you to a GTer game tonight. Last man standing sounds like fun to me!!

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: