http://gamingtrend.com
May 28, 2016, 10:12:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC, PS4, Xbox One] DiRT Rally - new Codemasters racing game  (Read 1605 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2015, 05:52:04 PM »

DiRT Rally was released earlier today on Steam, or I guess you could say STeaM  icon_smile. It's rather a surprise apparently, both in having no mention before now and also being an Early Access, PC only right now. It looks promising, although I'll wait for more real grognard reviews.

From the store page:
Welcome to DiRT Rally - a new world of DiRT. A pure expression of rally, the pinnacle of off-road motor racing and it begins now, in Early Access, with regular free updates including new locations, new game modes and new vehicles.

DiRT Rally captures the essence of what makes rally unique – that sense of trying to remain in control of your emotions, as you hurtle along dangerous, undulating roads at breakneck speed, aiming to squeeze everything out of your car whilst knowing that one crash could irreparably harm your stage time. It’s the ultimate test of a driver’s skill, and it’s the ultimate in high risk, high reward gameplay.

Every stage will test you differently, as you feel out grip across varying surfaces and adapt your style to a range of different weather types. As the car suffers attrition you’ll need to account for mechanical damage whilst your dedicated rally team tries to keep you competitive with time-limited repairs between stages. As stages string together, each rally becomes a marathon-like test of concentration and skill, as you trust in your co-driver and your own ability to react and adapt, in order to stay competitive and chase that ever-elusive perfect run.

• DiRT RALLY AND THE COMMUNITY: The community is DiRT Rally’s co-driver and their feedback will help shape the evolution of the experience. For players joining DiRT Rally in Early Access and the road ahead, the team want their feedback. They’ll be helping to test theories and providing vital data that will help to refine DiRT Rally.
• EXPERIENCE 3 MASSIVE NEW REAL-WORLD RALLY LOCATIONS: From the start of Early Access, DiRT Rally offers three massive environments and 36 challenging stages, with more to follow. Drive them during the day - in dry, overcast, sunny, misty, wet, rainy and snowy conditions - and then take them on at night for a very different, intense experience that will challenge the elite.

• Powys, Wales - Muddy, wet gravel stages and forest runs often in the rain during the day and at night.
• Monte Carlo, Monaco – Tight, twisting, dangerous roads covered with snow and ice that wind through the Alps. Snow and mist affect visibility during the day and at night.
• Argolis, Greece – Sweeping dusty gravel stages that take their toll on even the strongest rally cars in the intense heat of the Mediterranean in the bright daylight or at night.

• 14 CARS OVER 6 NEW AND CLASSIC CLASSES TO DRIVE NOW: Rally is about having the right car and DiRT Rally will have all of the right cars. At the start of Early Access, DiRT Rally delivers 14 cars and will be adding more cars over more classes in the future.
• NEW DRIVING MODEL: The physical simulation for DIRT Rally has been completely rebuilt to adequately capture how it feels to race across changing surfaces, and loose surfaces collect under the wheels during lateral sliding, creating a completely new feel to sliding around corners.
• RALLY CHAMPIONSHIPS, RALLY ASYNC & CUSTOM RALLY EVENTS: Take on a single stage and learn the calls in Custom Rally events, compete against increasingly skilled opposition in Rally Seasons or prove yourself against the entire community of players in Rally Async challenges.
• TEAM MANAGEMENT: Hire up to four engineering staff to work on your vehicle between stages. Drill down and hire them based on their contract length, wage demands, and on the insight they can offer over upgrades to the vehicles you own. Keep renewing an engineer’s contract and you’ll be able to give them perks that will help upgrade specific vehicles faster.
• UPGRADES: As you drive a vehicle in events your engineers will become more familiar with it and will research upgrades that will unlock the full potential of the car. DiRT Rally’s comprehensive upgrade system makes meaningful improvements to the car’s handling and performance to stay competitive
• TUNING: Delivering the most comprehensive tuning system ever in a DiRT game, DiRT Rally enables players to tune their cars based on weather conditions, car condition and more to ensure they can refine their setup and get the car feeling right for their driving style.
• DAMAGE & REPAIRS: Off-road racing is tough and unforgiving; competing causes vehicles to suffer wear and tear as replicated by DiRT Rally’s comprehensive mechanical damage system. Thankfully, damage can be repaired by hiring eEngineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages. Much as in the Colin McRae Rally games, there’s a finite amount of time to repair cars between rally stages.
• PHYSICS-BASED ASSISTS: Being fast is about skill, not raw speed. Whilst DiRT Rally allows players to experience cars in their purest form it also offers a selection of real world assists, similar to those seen in race and road vehicles. Traction Control works to minimise wheel spin, ABS increases your braking ability by preventing the wheels from locking up and Stability Control keeps your car from over rotating in the corners.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 03:27:42 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everyone doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life" - Stephen King
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:08:14 PM »

Yeah, I saw this pop up when I launched Steam this morning and it was quite a surprise.  Their Twitter account has certainly been teasing more rally-focused stuff for a while, but there was no hints that they'd be launching so soon, or in Early Access.

I was going to wait for impressions but I figured I know I'd be getting it sooner or later, so I bought it already.   icon_redface  This is going to be a busy week at work but I'll try to give it a whirl sometime this week and see how it goes.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 06:13:04 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 27, 2015, 06:08:14 PM

I was going to wait for impressions but I figured I know I'd be getting it sooner or later, so I bought it already.   icon_redface 

Whoops, I was just about to post that a number of folks are reporting that they aren't getting the co-driver audio or pace notes, so it might be better to wait a few days... but thanks for stepping up and taking one for the team thumbsup

"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everyone doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life" - Stephen King
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 07:51:21 PM »

Will have to check this out. I really love the rally races in the Dirt games so if its focused just on that aspect I'll be in.

Codemasters recently changed Dirt 3 to not have to support the Microsoft Live platform, and due to that change they basically upgraded everyone's Dirt 3 to include all the DLC content. So I reinstalled after learning that and was really enjoying going through the rally races again.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 11:26:17 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on April 27, 2015, 06:13:04 PM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 27, 2015, 06:08:14 PM

I was going to wait for impressions but I figured I know I'd be getting it sooner or later, so I bought it already.   icon_redface 

Whoops, I was just about to post that a number of folks are reporting that they aren't getting the co-driver audio or pace notes, so it might be better to wait a few days... but thanks for stepping up and taking one for the team thumbsup

Yeah, I guess those are pretty minor bugs that are bound to be ironed out fairly quickly in the grand scheme of things.  It may be a few days before I even feel like playing when I get home from work. 

Either way, I don't mind using a little of my wallet to send the message that this is a game I support.  So long as they don't totally screw the pooch.

I'm really curious if this means they'll be splitting off "DiRT Offroad" or something for the other non-rally aspects.  I actually enjoyed a lot of the trophy truck, buggie and rally raid type races.  I just wanted them to drop the dudebro aspects that really crept into 2 and 3 (and Showdown).

shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 01:41:36 AM »

I only had time to race one rally stage and it took me over 10 minutes so that is a huge plus right there.  I am playing with a Fanatec wheel and the FFB doesn't seem to be all there yet, there wasn't any FFB from the road itself so you didn't feel any bumps or anything about the road.  The steering felt pretty good and turning was a bit tough and you really need to use your hand brake for the major corners. It's a huge departure from Dirt 3 so beware if you like the arcade-ness of that game as this is nothing like that.

I've played Richard Burns Rally and this is easier than that so it's not so demanding that you spend hours learning the basics.   

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 06:24:48 AM »

I played for about an hour and a half tonight and so far my impressions are: I'm terrible at this, and it is great!    icon_biggrin

Tracks are a bit narrower than usual Dirt tracks, and they seem longer as well but that may be due to the fact you can only afford a 60's rally car when you start the career so you're moving quite slow overall.  A track that took me over 7 minutes in a 60's car was 4:30 in a 2010's Ford Fiesta.  The cars definitely feel a bit better on the road to me, really feeling connected and grippy (or lacking grip, as the case may be) and less arcade-y.  I wouldn't call it the best rally simulation ever, but it's pretty damn fun.

I chose the Lancia Fulvia HF for my first career car and I competed in two four-race rallies with it.  You can repair your car in between the second and third race in a rally.  You get 30 minutes to repair, or you can go up to 45 minutes with penalties.  Let's just say that 30 minutes did not even come close to repairing the damage I had done in the first copraces.  It didn't even fix just my radiator.   

In my second rally, I blew a tire halfway through the second race so I had to finish that race on the rim (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=434046009).  I had also smashed my radiator pretty hard into a rock, so I had to split my repair time between wheels and radiator, even though the radiator was much worse off.  In the end, I ended up smacking a tree on the final stretch of the 4th race and got knocked out of the rally altogether.  I lost $5 grand to repairs even with my minimal earnings, so I've got to be a bit more careful.  icon_redface

I also did one custom race in a 2010's Ford Fiesta just to compare the feel and race times.  Definitely faster, definitely harder to keep on the road at times due to higher speeds, but also much better grip with the all wheel drive. 

Anyway, if you're one of those people who has bemoaned Codies taking Dirt more and more into dudebro territory, and wished they would go back to the roots of Colin McRae, I definitely suggest you check this out.  I think it's worth it just to send a message with your wallet that people want these games.   thumbsup

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 06:26:26 AM »

Oh, and my co-driver voice and notes never worked, so I'm blaming most of my problems on that.  Heheh.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 12:40:41 AM »

I picked this up this afternoon. I only was able to play for a few minutes but darn it's nice. My rig is a Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 780 3GB, Win7 64bit. Graphically the game defaults to Ultra and it looks fantastic. The in-car view is very detailed. The game works fine with an X360 controller with the default settings.

A patch was released this afternoon that included a fix for the co-driver audio.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 02:22:56 AM »

Alrighty then, some impressions. It's awesome. Really. If you want a true rally game, closer to Richard Burns Rally than the latest DiRT iteration (before this one of course), then DiRT Rally is what you're looking for. It is still in early access with content planned to be release through the next several months, so you can always wait and see what's happening with it. The last planned update is in November, "Winter Wonderland".

And on to some pics. I started off using the Dash view...

... but that was rather restrictive so I'm using the Cockpit view. It's a good way to see if you've broken your windshield yet. If you haven't, you just aren't trying:

This how my first Career rally ended, "Terminal Damage'

I thought this was interesting. There are no "rewinds" or the like, where you click a button and the action rewinds several seconds, giving you a do-over or a Mulligan. If you just decide to restart the race, there is a penalty of sorts:

This is what my car looked like at the end of one stage. This is actually better than it looked at the end of other stages:

Finally, an action shot taken using the replay feature, which allows a review of the race and the ability to switch cameras. As of right now, replays can't be saved, but that might come in the future.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 04:03:16 AM »

Found this on the latest blog update from the developer, giving a better idea what the co-driver callouts mean:

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 07:32:39 PM »

They've just added Pike's Peak along with 3 new cars and some other updates.  Here's a trailer for the peak.  They have not only the classic mixed dirt and tarmac version, but also a version that is the full tarmac since it's all been paved now.

Here's the full list of things they've changed and added: https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/blog/4635

Quote from: Hillclimb Cars Added
Peugeot 405 T16 PP
Audi Sport quattro S1 PP
Peugeot 205 T16 PP

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 11:18:01 PM »

I'm still on vacation for the next ten days, so no impressions from me for a couple of weeks. Looking forward to hearing from other folks.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 08:30:10 PM »

They've put out the "Tarmac Terrors" update which has lots of good new stuff in a 7.6GB patch:

12 new rally stages based at Baumholder in Germany
Owners Club Online Events – A second DiRT Daily where you compete in your own car
A second weekly event where we’ll be experimenting and throwing new challenges at you
5 new rally cars featuring new Group B RWD & Kit Car Classes
Opel Kadett GT/E 16v
Opel Manta 400
Lancia 037 Evo 2
Seat Ibiza Kitcar
Peugeot 306 Maxi
New calibration and options screens in “Advanced Wheel Settings”  (added in v.0.4.5)

As well as a bunch of fixes (and this is coming hot on the heels of their big reworking of the force feedback as well):
Spoiler for Hiden:
Alongside all of our new features we’ve been hard at work tracking cleaning those annoying bugs of the front of the bumper, here’s the full list of what we’ve fixed in this latest version:
Error 41 – Fixed instances of the game not booting when there is less than 2GB of free space on C:\ drive. This was one of the causes of the dreaded error 41.
Achievement – “Going up in the world” will now pop if you had previously purchased a Hillclimb car but not received the achievement.
Stability – Driving the Peugeot 405 T16 would sometimes cause stability issues, we’ve fixed those now.
Graphics – Quite a few changes for users running Nvidia SLI. That weird black and orange screen bug is fixed and we’ve solved the graphical corruption when using SLI and anti-aliasing on high/ultra graphical presets.
Audio – The engine audio level in cockpit view can now be properly controlled by the slider.
Gameplay – The reset button should appear sooner during those awkward moments when you beach your car at the side of the road. Though we advise not beaching your car.
Gameplay – Sometimes you could rev the engine so hard on the Audi Sport Quattro the “Recover vehicle” prompt would pop up, it won’t do that anymore.
Gameplay – We’ve planted some trees and shrubs in areas of Greece and Wales where we spotted that some of you were taking shortcuts. Taking some cuts in rally is cool but these cuts were definitely not cool.
Gameplay – Fixed a loophole which would let you continually repair your car in Online Hillclimb events.
Gameplay – Online Hillclimb events will now factor in slower times from Run 2 and they won’t overwrite faster times from Run 1.
Message box – Stopped the Promotion message box from incorrectly displaying when you have completed the Masters Championship and finished in the top 3 positions.
Save – Your advanced set ups should now save as expected
Oculus – Sometimes the background on the main menu would vanish, we’ve fixed that now.
Online Events – You’ll now be disqualified if you don’t start moving within a minute
Leagues – Made the text on the league screens easier to read on lower resolutions.
Audio – Pre-update your co-driver may have become a little disinterested if you left the centre of the track from time to time, we’ve spoken to him about his attitude..
Audio – Ever had two sets of music play over a replay? That’s not a remix version and it should stop happening from now on.
Controller Fix – Fixed an issue which meant players couldn’t change the stage conditions when using the Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel.

They've also put out a new short trailer for the game as well as nearly an hour long video of the Tarmac Terrors content.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 01:42:06 AM »

Just did the Daily Event on one of the new tarmac stages. I swear at one point my co-driver said "Be brave". Be brave? He's the one who has to be brave... eek

The new daily single stage with a car you own is interesting, except it picked a car I own but I'm not very good with.

The tarmac stages are truly terrifying. You can go very, very fast... sometimes too fast:

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 04:08:24 PM »

Well, Codemasters has released the official non-Early Access build today! 

I'm downloading a new 10.5GB patch on Steam, so I'm not sure if they really added a ton of new stuff since the last one or if it's just overwriting a bunch of old stuff.

I have played this a few times during EA, but I've sort of been ignoring it for the last couple patches since there were significant handling changes being done to the cars and only some of them were getting upgraded at a time.  Now that things are "final" I may have to go back and start a new career.  I never did get very good at it before...

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 03:27:01 PM »

DiRT Rally was released back in December, but there is more stuff on the way! New content coming to DiRT Rally!

Original post here: http://blog.codemasters.com/community/02/new-content-for-dirt-rally/

Great news! We’re delighted to be able to confirm that there will be additional content coming to DiRT Rally on April 5th, 2016. To showcase this content we’ve put together a brand new trailer - which you can take a look at now at

In addition to the content we’ve added during DiRT Rally’s Steam Early Access programme, you’ll now be able to enjoy some pretty substantial new additions to the game when April arrives. New Classic Mini and Super 1600 series will introduce the thrills of rallycross from the beginning of the game, and we’ve added 21 advanced rally driving video guides which will help gamers maximise their rallying performance.

For the first time in the game, you’ll also be able to experience the vintage full gravel surface at Pikes Peak – and for the first time, you’ll be able to do in the iconic Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak. Not only this, but three of Colin McRae’s most iconic liveries will join his Focus livery – allowing you to relive the exploits of a legendary rally champion and icon of motorsport. We’ve been waiting a long time to be able to bring you the Impreza livery – and the iconic yellow and blue design is now back at its spiritual home with DiRT Rally.

The DiRT team have also added seven extra cars, including some huge (and most-requested) fan favourites. The vehicles in question are...

- Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak
- Renault 5 Turbo
- Renault Alpine A110
- Opel Corsa Super 1600
- Peugeot 207 S1600
- Renault Clio S1600
- Mini Classic Rallycross

DiRT Rally is available now on Steam, and this exciting additional content will be powersliding onto players’ desktops on April 5th 2016. Check out our launch video and our original post[blog.codemasters.com] for some high quality pictures and video of these new cars in action!

As ever, please stop by the Steam Community Hub, the forums, our Facebook page or on Twitter to let us know what you think of this new content.

And remember – if in doubt, flat-out!

You can thank me for the vintage full gravel Pikes Peak surface... I suggested that months ago  icon_biggrin

And, by the way, DiRT Rally will also be coming to PS4 and Xbox One on the same date, just wanted to throw that in as well icon_biggrin

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 05:20:08 PM »

Very cool to see that they're adding more new cars and content! 

All thanks you JZ, but to be fair I think seeing Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO coming out with the original dirt Pike's Peak might have also prompted them to be more competitive with that.  slywink

Oh yeah, trailer for the new stuff as well.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:23:16 PM by EngineNo9 » Logged

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 07:02:08 AM »

I'm excited about this, because Codemasters previously said that there would be no DLC and that the game would be PC only. So now that they are going to consoles, maybe we can get some new Rally events as DLC icon_biggrin

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 03:35:03 PM »

So it looks like there is a 17.3 GB patch for the Steam version, bringing it to version 1.1 in line with the consoles that are releasing.

This is probably my favorite patch note, but the rest are in the spoiler since it's huge:
•   Graphics – Crowd members in Sweden are now correctly dressed at all times.   icon_biggrin

Spoiler for Hiden:
WELCOME! Today’s the day our DiRT family gets bigger – so hello console players! Strap yourselves in, because it’s going to be a thrilling ride.  And PC players, welcome to DiRT Rally 1.1 – the new content is unbelievably good fun, so we hope you love and enjoy it.

And surprise! I know you were all expecting the console launch and new content today - but were you expecting CREST, our new telemetry tool?

That’s right - the Codemasters RaceNet Evaluation and Statistics Tool is now live and available on dirtgame.com! PS4 and Xbox One players will be able to access it through the website immediately, whereas PC players will need the latest patch to play with it. However, we’re delighted to finally let you get your hands on it! It’s very cool – so let us tell you a little more about what it offers.

First of all, you’re going to want to know where to access it. Head to dirtgame.com, log into your RaceNet account, and click through to the Dailies data. We’ll be supporting Daily 1 and Daily 2 to begin with, so make sure you get competing in those to make the most out of your new data sets.

When you arrive there, you’ll have a new button under the Leaderboard header – ‘View Telemetry using CREST’. Using this, you can compare your ghost to the fastest time’s ghost – and that comparison covers a range of different inputs and information, including: sector times, racing line, braking, acceleration, speed, and even which gear you’re taking the corner in.

Giving you live feedback from a top-down aerial view, you’ll be able to slow down time and analyse your performance corner by corner. You can choose to have the tracker follow your cars around the map, or you can control your view manually – choosing to focus on particular segments or corners of track.

You’ll also be able to sort users by assists and input – so if you’re starting off with assists and a pad, you’ll be able to gauge your performance against people in the same boat. And, by the same token, if you’re using a wheel without any assists, then you’ll be able to measure yourself against the fastest of your field. Honestly, we could talk about it all day – but the best thing to do is download the patch and see it for yourselves. It holds some incredible data, and the insight it offers should really help you perfect your driving styles.

Oh, and did we mention it’s available and accessible via mobile too? Yes – now you’ll be able to check out your performance on your phone too. Although, mobile access does come with a caution: be prepared for lots of refreshing and it taking over your life. slywink

Of course, with V1.1 comes a whole host of tweaks and fixes – so here are the patch notes:

•   Game – A stock engineer team are now used in the Service area for Online Events to prevent some players gaining an advantage. This will also occur in Leagues depending on the settings used.
•   UI Fix – Users are now instantly informed and moved onto the next run if they unfortunately Terminally damage their vehicle on the start line of a Hillclimb event.
•   Achievement Fix – “I am the 5%” unlocking criteria has now been made clearer.
•   Online Fix – When a player enters the pause menu, their vehicle will now instantly ghost.
•   UI Fix – Controller disconnection message is now always showing on top of whichever screen you are on at that time.
•   Game Fix – Solved an issue when the option to apply the first perk to your Crew Chief was not showing.
•   AI Fix – In a Hillclimb event, the AI drivers will now place correctly if they Terminally Damage in their second run.
•   Online – Players no longer receive a Clean Race / Appearance bonus if they retire from the event early.
•   Game Fix – Fixed an issue where a player takes 2 joker laps in a row and then their 2nd Joker lap icon disappears due to the AI driver entering the Joker lap.
•   Vehicles - The threshold for punctures has been increased, making the tyres more resistant to punctures on landings.
•   Controls – Players can no longer accidently unbind ‘Gear Up’ and ‘Gear Down’ controls when re-assigning buttons if they have their preferential transmission set as Automatic.
•   COMMUNITY – Car Damage – Car parts will no longer clip through the Lancia Stratos cockpit when damaged.
•   COMMUNITY – Animations – Drivers are now shifting correctly when using either of the F2 Kit Cars.
•   COMMUNITY – Online Event – Some cars reported by the community should no longer gain an increase in performance after damaging their car exhaust.
•   COMMUNITY – Reset Lines - Some reset lines around the tight hairpins on the Monte carlo stage, Route de Turini, have been replaced.
•   Audio – Co-driver calls issues for Sweden have been fixed and minor adjustments to other locations.
•   Graphics – Corrected an issue where the wrong car kickup VFX was incorrectly being used after completing a stage in Greece.
•   Graphics – Crowd members in Sweden are now correctly dressed at all times.
•   Exploit – Possible shortcut on the German stage Flugzeugring has been removed.
•   Exploit – Users should now no longer have a second try at a daily event after quitting out via ALT+F4.
•   Graphics – Lighting issues should now be resolved when using a system with 3+ graphics cards in use.
•   Controllers – After using a racing wheel with H pattern transmission in game, upon rebooting and using a controller, the title will now recognise the change and change the transmission type accordingly.
•   Replays – Car reset points are now the same when viewing a replay as they are in game, removing the possibility of collision issues when watching a replay in slow motion.
•   Game – Custom Events now use a stock Team of engineers in the service area at all times.
•   Game – Hillclimb – AI drivers who terminally damage in their 2nd run will now be correctly placed in the final results screen.
•   Controller – Issue where the players controller will continuously rumble during the pre-race sequence for a rallycross event no longer occurs.
•   Leaderboards – Players who use a non-standard character as the first letter of their driver name will now be shown correctly in an events leaderboard.
•   Controls – Gear up/ Gear down can now be assigned controls when the user has set their transmission type to automatic.
•   Languages – Brazilian Portuguese and Russian added to the game.

Finally, thank you so much for sticking with us on this wild, bumpy, thrilling ride that is DiRT Rally. Your honest feedback, enthusiasm and engagement with us and the game has been utterly wonderful - and we can’t thank you enough. You’ve helped make the game what it is today, and for that, we’re truly grateful. Now today’s arrived, we can’t wait to share it with the world.

Arclight

Just sayin? You're Just sayin?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 04:25:14 PM »

Some of the wrecks I've driven over the finish line, are down right physically impossible to drive. I'm like a pin-ball ricocheting
of the banks of the roads. I win some, but with Smithsonian type wrecks at the finish. Great game.

It's in us to...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: