http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 05:19:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 360] Gears of War 3 [minute by minute updates by you know who]  (Read 14639 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2011, 05:25:53 PM »

finished the campaign and enjoyed it

did i miss..
Spoiler for Hiden:
How Adam knew Myrrah?,it was said that they knew each other before E-Day,but i didn't hear later on how

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2011, 07:46:48 PM »

SOLD for 21.00!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2011, 07:53:07 PM »

Does this MP skin give BJs or something? $20?!

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2011, 08:06:12 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on September 23, 2011, 02:08:22 PM

If it's worth $20 to someone, why wouldn't they just preorder from Amazon?  so odd.

All 3 that I sold (1 was Nonnahob's) were to people in Canada.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »

I sold one to Germany this morning.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »

I hate it when this happens

i have progressed to 'Standard' with the online games(i can no longer play 'casual'),and i get owned to death and i am no longer having fun

I was not exactly the greatest player on Casual(in fact i was pretty crap still),but i got a few kills and i was enjoying the experience,but now its lost forever crybaby

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 24, 2011, 07:50:35 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 24, 2011, 07:43:25 PM

I hate it when this happens

i have progressed to 'Standard' with the online games(i can no longer play 'casual'),and i get owned to death and i am no longer having fun

I was not exactly the greatest player on Casual(in fact i was pretty crap still),but i got a few kills and i was enjoying the experience,but now its lost forever crybaby

play bots on Hardcore for awhile until you get better.  Bonus: you still get xp and stuff for bot matches
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2011, 02:54:07 AM »

Almost to the end of act one and am smitten.

Had my best mp match ever going 14-3, getting 10 kills and row, and 7 kills with the longshot.  Was great!  icon_mrgreen
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2011, 03:14:30 PM »

I'm above average in Standard... but certainly not elite. Having fun though.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 25, 2011, 09:19:22 PM »

Quote from: Azhag on September 25, 2011, 03:14:30 PM

I'm above average in Standard... but certainly not elite. Having fun though.

Team I was on just won an epic TDM match.  There were two draws so that extended the match quite a bit. Ended up going 21-6.

This game is just like halo in that I can compete with people at my same level, but when senior players come in I just get smoked...
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 25, 2011, 11:17:52 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 25, 2011, 09:19:22 PM

This game is just like halo in that I can compete with people at my same level, but when senior players come in I just get smoked...

Exactly
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2011, 04:39:55 PM »

I'm over halfway done with the SP campaign and I feel like I'm playing a sequel to Bulletstorm.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 26, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 26, 2011, 04:39:55 PM

I'm over halfway done with the SP campaign and I feel like I'm playing a sequel to Bulletstorm.
Is that good or bad?
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 26, 2011, 05:17:41 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on September 26, 2011, 05:14:37 PM

Is that good or bad?

My guess is thats a negative comparison due to the language used in the game.

I agree at times the language does seem to be overbearing for what it is... but hey, thats gears.

In terms of gameplay and graphics I'm loving the game so far. I just wish I could get on board with the multiplayer!

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 26, 2011, 05:33:03 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on September 26, 2011, 05:14:37 PM

Is that good or bad?

It's not so much the language, it just feels like Bulletstorm...or maybe Bulletstorm was just Gears?  Any way, I'm not impressed with the SP campaign.  I'll finish to see where the story goes, but it's just not doing it for me.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 26, 2011, 05:52:24 PM »

I feel the same way.  I can see the production values are high, but I don't really like the art style, story telling style, weapon style, playstyle, third person view, or the plethora of one shot weapons.  smile

It's good enough at what it does that I'm still having a fair amount of fun, and I DID play through the campaign twice to try to get that mutator for horde so it was at least tolerable enough to make me willing to do that.  They do horde/last stand better than any other game, I'll give them that as well. 

Cross posted from Qt3 is my list of one shot capable weapons (hint: it's almost all of them!)

Sawed off, Gnasher, One Shot, Longshot headshot, Boltak headshot, Hammer of Dawn, Mortar, Boomshot, Digger, Lancer chainsaw, Retro charge, Torque bow, Frag grenade, Ink grenade, Inc grenade

I may have missed a couple...  It seems the only weapons NOT capable of a one shot kill are the snub pistol, the hammerburst and the mulcher.  The mulcher kills fast enough to make that a moot point though. 
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 26, 2011, 06:16:44 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 23, 2011, 07:53:07 PM

Does this MP skin give BJs or something? $20?!

I think it has the smallest footprint, so it may be harder to hit.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 26, 2011, 06:23:31 PM »

I got some MP in yesterday - had a good time doing 2-player horde (we got to 20, but ran out of money/turrets/etc. and couldn't get over the hump).  Also did some TDM (team deathmatch) with strangers, and I did ok.  One nice thing, I didn't have any mp lag, and I didn't have teenagers chattering in my ear at all (it was actually eerily silent), at points there were some bots filling out the teams, but that was ok.  I'd rather play with friends though. 

Also, (and I believe this was fixed w/patches in Gears 2, but I didn't play that MP much after the first week or so) but there didn't appear to be the host advantage that was there in Gears 1.

On the whole, I'm enjoying it, though I did have to ramp the difficulty in the campaign up to hardcore - which I usually don't do in shooters.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 26, 2011, 06:37:49 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on September 26, 2011, 05:52:24 PM

I feel the same way.  I can see the production values are high, but I don't really like the art style, story telling style, weapon style, playstyle, third person view, or the plethora of one shot weapons.  smile

It's good enough at what it does that I'm still having a fair amount of fun...
That's how I felt about Gears 1&2, exactly.  I enjoyed the SP campaign for Space Marine more than the SP campaigns from Gears 1&2, even with their much larger and more impressive looking set pieces.  I can't explain it, but the guns in the Gears games just don't do it for me.  I also don't like bouncing from cover to cover.  Moving Marcus or any of his delta squadmates around feels like driving a vehicle instead of moving a person.  It's easy to get used to, but it doesn't feel quick or responsive, if that makes any sense.

With all of that said, it's still fun.  I would like to play Gears 3 to find out what happens (I just finished Gears 2).   
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 26, 2011, 07:07:31 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on September 26, 2011, 06:37:49 PM

That's how I felt about Gears 1&2, exactly.  I enjoyed the SP campaign for Space Marine more than the SP campaigns from Gears 1&2, even with their much larger and more impressive looking set pieces.  I can't explain it, but the guns in the Gears games just don't do it for me.  I also don't like bouncing from cover to cover.  Moving Marcus or any of his delta squadmates around feels like driving a vehicle instead of moving a person.  It's easy to get used to, but it doesn't feel quick or responsive, if that makes any sense.

With all of that said, it's still fun.  I would like to play Gears 3 to find out what happens (I just finished Gears 2).   

Yeah after playing so much Space Marine, the characters in Gears feel like they have broken legs and are stuck in mud.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2011, 04:45:17 AM »

End game spoilers and questions

Spoiler for Hiden:
Who was Myrrah?  Was she a human?  I don't get her connection to the grubs.

ICE-T had the dumbest f-ing cameo ever.  I guess he's gonna be the villain as the series goes forward?

I had to turn the difficulty down at the end just to finish, I was so ready for it to be done. 
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 27, 2011, 10:46:42 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 26, 2011, 07:07:31 PM

Yeah after playing so much Space Marine, the characters in Gears feel like they have broken legs and are stuck in mud.

Not being facetious, but you know how roadie run, yes?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2011, 01:45:30 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 27, 2011, 10:46:42 AM

Quote from: leo8877 on September 26, 2011, 07:07:31 PM

Not being facetious, but you know how roadie run, yes?

Yeah the roadie run especially feels cumbersome after the run implemented in Space Marine. 
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2011, 02:08:50 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 27, 2011, 04:45:17 AM

End game spoilers and questions

Spoiler for Hiden:
Who was Myrrah?  Was she a human?  I don't get her connection to the grubs.

ICE-T had the dumbest f-ing cameo ever.  I guess he's gonna be the villain as the series goes forward?

I had to turn the difficulty down at the end just to finish, I was so ready for it to be done. 

Regarding you questions, I have a feeling this will be in DLC. The biggest FU they gave to the player was
Spoiler for Hiden:
when Adam gives Baird the disc that supposedly has all the answers on it and then it's never seen again.

As far as difficulty goes, I thought this one was extremely easy compared to Gears 1 and 2, even on Hardcore. I remember the first time I played Gears 1 I had to drop the difficulty down (I think to the lowest level) because I didn't realize you really had to use cover in the game. If you played it like other shooters you would die, and die quickly. In Gears 3 on Hardcore I was constantly out of cover and didn't really have much issue with it. If you went down, you were generally revived pretty quickly by AI, so dying happened very infrequently. There also really weren't any bottleneck points. Remember the part in Gears 1 where you are holed up in the mansion and have to fight off waves of Locust? It took me forever to get past that part (not to mention the final boss) and there was nothing even approaching that in Gears 3. The one thing I have heard is that on Insane you pretty much die when you go down, so that would be a lot harder, because I certainly went down a lot, it's just I rarely felt in danger of going out.

I happen to really like the slower pace of Gears. Slamming into cover is always very satisfying, as is leaping over cover and stringing from cover to cover to cover. It feels very tactical at times, and can create a lot of cool firefights in MP.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2011, 02:14:22 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 27, 2011, 02:08:50 PM

As far as difficulty goes, I thought this one was extremely easy compared to Gears 1 and 2, even on Hardcore. I remember the first time I played Gears 1 I had to drop the difficulty down (I think to the lowest level) because I didn't realize you really had to use cover in the game. If you played it like other shooters you would die, and die quickly. In Gears 3 on Hardcore I was constantly out of cover and didn't really have much issue with it. If you went down, you were generally revived pretty quickly by AI, so dying happened very infrequently. There also really weren't any bottleneck points. Remember the part in Gears 1 where you are holed up in the mansion and have to fight off waves of Locust? It took me forever to get past that part (not to mention the final boss) and there was nothing even approaching that in Gears 3. The one thing I have heard is that on Insane you pretty much die when you go down, so that would be a lot harder, because I certainly went down a lot, it's just I rarely felt in danger of going out.

I happen to really like the slower pace of Gears. Slamming into cover is always very satisfying, as is leaping over cover and stringing from cover to cover to cover. It feels very tactical at times, and can create a lot of cool firefights in MP.

Agree with Hardcore being easier than Gears 1 and 2.  1 I never finished on Hard, but 2 I played the entire way through.  I don't recall being revived on Hard in Gears 2 like in 3.  I actually started on Normal and bumped it up in Chapter 1 because it was too easy.  I only turned it down at the end because I wasn't having fun and just wanted to see where the story was going.  I did think they created the levels much better for a Gears game.  There was always multiple routes to flank the baddies and get the drop on them.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2011, 02:20:15 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 27, 2011, 02:08:50 PM

because I certainly went down a lot

heh heh - you said went down a lot. heh heh.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:21:59 PM by Roman » Logged

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2011, 01:17:03 PM »

over 3 million sales in first week
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:18:39 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2011, 03:31:26 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 29, 2011, 01:17:03 PM

Next game in the Gears universe would probably take place during the Pendulum Wars

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2011, 04:15:33 PM »

That's insane for the first week.  I wonder how much more they would've made if it wasn't exclusive?  Not that it matters, they're swimming in cash.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2011, 04:25:32 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 29, 2011, 03:31:26 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 29, 2011, 01:17:03 PM

Next game in the Gears universe would probably take place during the Pendulum Wars

That's exactly what SHOULD happen.
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2011, 07:00:52 PM »

I saw a tweet today that said that the 3 Gears titles combined for 1 billion in sales thus far!

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2011, 07:10:55 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but details on getting the Seriously 3.0 achievement for Gears with Kotaku saying "The Toughest Xbox 360 Achievement You Can Get, We Think"

http://kotaku.com/5845476/the-toughest-xbox-360-achievement-you-can-get-we-think

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2011, 07:19:14 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on September 30, 2011, 07:10:55 PM

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but details on getting the Seriously 3.0 achievement for Gears with Kotaku saying "The Toughest Xbox 360 Achievement You Can Get, We Think"

http://kotaku.com/5845476/the-toughest-xbox-360-achievement-you-can-get-we-think

Hark is probably 20 kills away, and Kato is 10. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 01, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »

Season Pass boughted.

I love this game.
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 02, 2011, 03:58:18 AM »

Finished the campaign tonight - really enjoyed the game. Good story overall and I am happy with the way it ended.

Roman

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 02, 2011, 04:00:18 AM »

ugh! why bother? Just too much effort - and for what?

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 02, 2011, 04:07:30 AM »

Quote from: Roman on October 02, 2011, 04:00:18 AM

ugh! why bother? Just too much effort - and for what?

For 100 achievos!
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: October 04, 2011, 03:11:26 PM »

Quote from: Roman on October 02, 2011, 03:58:18 AM

Finished the campaign tonight - really enjoyed the game. Good story overall and I am happy with the way it ended.

Just hit Chapter 4, and I'm liking the writing.  There's a little bit too much of 'BLAH BLAH is back again? I thought we killed them?"   At this point, I'm almost expecting RAAM to appear.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 04, 2011, 05:09:20 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on October 04, 2011, 03:11:26 PM

Quote from: Roman on October 02, 2011, 03:58:18 AM

Just hit Chapter 4, and I'm liking the writing.  There's a little bit too much of 'BLAH BLAH is back again? I thought we killed them?"   At this point, I'm almost expecting RAAM to appear.

ninja

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2011, 05:06:55 AM »

Just beat the game in hardcore, and while it was fun, I liked Gears of War 2 single player better.  Better set pieces overall.  Multiplayer is a blast as always.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: