http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 07:13:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Gaming Headphones  (Read 12063 times)
pingwrx
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2011, 10:06:36 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 24, 2011, 05:41:59 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 24, 2011, 05:22:44 PM

All right.  I went with the Astro A40s and a Mixamp.

Nice!  I still love mine.

I have a set too they just rock for late night gaming.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2011, 10:37:30 PM »

Thanks, guys!

Though I would have liked to have heard these comments back when I was agonizing...

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 25, 2011, 04:57:38 AM »

I actually decided to buy a set of PX5s today after seeing a video review on tv. I really like my X11s, but they became my PC headset so I'll use these for the XBOX and PS3. I'm curious to try some of the game-specific presets. I'll report back with impressions.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 27, 2011, 04:34:24 AM »

A few months later I still love my Astro A40's with the Mixamp 5.8.  They have pretty much lived on my computer though, still need to try them out with the 360 or PS3.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 27, 2011, 05:05:23 AM »

Mine aren't coming until Friday, annoyingly.

EDIT: Well, joy, they came today!

Unjoy, though, since I thought my receiver had an optical out, but it doesn't.

I saw WP's switch, which will help, but it would be so much better to use the receiver.

My receiver has a coax out and there is such a thing as a coax to optical converter.  Does anyone know if this would be a problem for the Mixamp?

EDIT 2: I just remembered I have a Zektor switch that I had to dump because it didn't have DVI, but it does have Toslink!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 04:53:11 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2012, 04:28:06 AM »

OK, I'm now looking at maybe getting a nice gaming headset for use with my 360. I'm thinking one of the TB, but I am thoroughly confused as to what I need or will work with my setup based on the posts here and on amazon.

I have a launch 360 using a vga to pcinput converter connection to my 2010 samsung 3dtv. The tv has unused optical/digital out and such.

Looking for a few things:
1) Headset should be $200 or less including anything else i have to buy to make it work (~$100 or less even better...)
2) Any good ones just plug into controller (wireless w/ batteries). Wires are annoying...
3) Surround if possible, but good stereo ok in theory
4) Must have a mic for chat too
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2012, 04:34:30 AM »

If you wanted 3 out of 4, here:

http://www.nox-audio.com/Products/Ultimate-Gaming-Bundle-6

Uses minitoslink, but the nice thing is the headset also works with most NA phones, as well as PC and PS3.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2012, 06:08:00 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on February 02, 2012, 04:28:06 AM

OK, I'm now looking at maybe getting a nice gaming headset for use with my 360. I'm thinking one of the TB, but I am thoroughly confused as to what I need or will work with my setup based on the posts here and on amazon.

I have a launch 360 using a vga to pcinput converter connection to my 2010 samsung 3dtv. The tv has unused optical/digital out and such.

Looking for a few things:
1) Headset should be $200 or less including anything else i have to buy to make it work (~$100 or less even better...)
2) Any good ones just plug into controller (wireless w/ batteries). Wires are annoying...
3) Surround if possible, but good stereo ok in theory
4) Must have a mic for chat too
I'm still rocking those Tritton AX720's. Still working great except the little shirt clip that holds the cord up broke so the cord and control puck just dangle or I stuff it into a shirt pocket.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 07, 2012, 11:12:10 AM »

I bought the TB X41s over a year ago and I love them.  The transmitter plugs into the optical out of the 360 and is powered by the 360's USB port.  The headsets are lightweight and very comfortable and the sound and 3D effect are excellent.  It's especially noticeable and useful in games like COD.  Chat volume is separately adjustable.  I originally bought them because my gf was moving in with me, and now I find that I prefer them to my 5.1 sound system even when there's no one else at home.

Price is $140 on Amazon, but you should also plan on buying rechargeable AAA batteries, as they eat through batteries pretty quick.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 07, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »

Check, does the original 360 have optical out?
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: February 07, 2012, 03:22:05 PM »

Only on the back of the bulkhead connector for the cables.

Obviously I'm borrowing the image, otherwise I would have actually put the arrow on the side that has the connection. biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 07, 2012, 03:46:47 PM »

My first one was about a year after launch but same as Purge, optical out on the connector.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2012, 04:29:13 AM »

just noticed Turtle Beach updated some of it's headsets, like with the Turtle Beach x42 or x32, both of which let you choose between 2.5 GHZ or 5 GHZ for the wireless.  the x32's are out now, and the x42's are due out in April.  I'm kinda tempted to grab the x42's to replace my x41's since I cannot use them and the 360's wifi connection at the same time without annoying cracks and pops in the audio.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2012, 08:10:05 AM »

okay i have a question,i have Turtle Beach X11s,you connect the red and white audio connector cables to the component cables that go into your TV

I am getting a new 360 soon and i heard the new model 360s come with HDMI,will i still be able to use my X11s with the HDMI or will i have to stick to the component leads?(you can still use component leads on the new 360s right?)

ta

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2012, 01:25:01 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 23, 2012, 08:10:05 AM

okay i have a question,i have Turtle Beach X11s,you connect the red and white audio connector cables to the component cables that go into your TV

I am getting a new 360 soon and i heard the new model 360s come with HDMI,will i still be able to use my X11s with the HDMI or will i have to stick to the component leads?(you can still use component leads on the new 360s right?)

ta

The old component cable rig still works in the 360, but they don't come with it anymore.

You should be able to hook up both the HDMI and the old component rig at the same time.

Audio will transfer both to the TV via HDMI, as well as to your turtle beach device.

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2012, 03:15:20 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 23, 2012, 08:10:05 AM

ta
You won't need to use both HDMI and component cables with the 360 IF your TV has an Audio Out jack.

My TV has an 'audio out' so my setup looks like the following:

360 w/ HDMI to TV. Turtle Beach connected to Audio out on TV. Voila- now both 360 audio and TV audio can be played thru TBs.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2012, 03:37:28 PM »

thanks for the answers guys,i just realised that as well as Audio jacks my TV also has a USB socket,so i don't need the 360 on when watching normal TV with the headsets icon_biggrin

However,i am thinking i will still need the component set up for when i go on XBL to talk/listen,so glad the new 360s still have the components as well(i can use this set if the new 360s don't come with them anymore),probably will use both at the same time

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2012, 04:39:36 PM »

The talk-listen is a function of the cable into your controller, not the receiver at the back of your console, if I understand it correctly.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2012, 04:46:28 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 23, 2012, 03:37:28 PM

thanks for the answers guys,i just realised that as well as Audio jacks my TV also has a USB socket,so i don't need the 360 on when watching normal TV with the headsets icon_biggrin

However,i am thinking i will still need the component set up for when i go on XBL to talk/listen,so glad the new 360s still have the components as well(i can use this set if the new 360s don't come with them anymore),probably will use both at the same time
Er, before you go and plug just any old USB item into the port make sure it's not just a port for updating the TV. I have one on my TV and that's all it's used for.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2012, 04:51:47 PM »

Quote from: Purge on February 23, 2012, 04:39:36 PM

The talk-listen is a function of the cable into your controller, not the receiver at the back of your console, if I understand it correctly.

forgot all about that,LOL,thanks Purge

Kagath-its now plugged into my TV USB and the headset works(SONY Bravia),i will have to mess about with the XBL voice messages(compose it and listen to it before never sending)make sure its all working

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2012, 12:50:17 PM »

FYI, refurbished Turtle Beach DX11 (the X11 + DSS for surround sound) is $75 shipped at Woot today
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 09, 2012, 10:33:53 PM »

Well i am an idiot

I wanted to use my Turtle Beach X11s on my new 360 slim but while using HDMI and not Composite leads as i was doing last time,but instead of having to buy this....
http://www.amazon.co.uk/XBOX-HDMI-CABLE-OPTICAL-ADAPTER/dp/B003Q958RW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344550895&sr=8-1
(because MS have been crafty bastards that you can't plug both in at the same time with the lead that comes with the slim)

I ended up doing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSg2BLz3Dok

Okay,that's not the idiot on my part..er...part

The idiot part is me trying for over an hour to try and get my mic to work,plugging the headset into my PC and checking the Speech Recognition programme and making sure the mic works

then going back to the 360,scrapping all plans and made priority number 1 to just get the friggin' thing working tried the scart lead and then Composite cables..still nothing...then i came on here to ask you guys what could be the matter...when i saw this

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 23, 2012, 04:51:47 PM

Quote from: Purge on February 23, 2012, 04:39:36 PM

forgot all about that,LOL,thanks Purge

yeah,i forgot that little cable again icon_redface Tongue

Oh well at least i still didn't have to buy another cable because of MS..now i can use my HDMI and TBX11s thumbsup

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: