http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 03:50:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Gaming Headphones  (Read 11986 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on November 03, 2009, 07:54:49 PM

How much more sticker shock would there be if I went for the Astros?  I don't usually spend this kind of money on something that isn't an actual console - but I've already plunked down the initial $200, so it would be relatively painless.  Also, was there any mention of wireless interference in the paperwork that came with the Astros?  Can they be used for TV viewing as well?

The A40 System (headset + Mixamp) is $250. The A40 isn't wireless so there's no wireless interference. slywink. If you use optical cables you also don't have to worry about any other interference. As for TV viewing it depends on your home theater setup. As long a you have some kind of audio out, you shouldn't have any problem. 
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2009, 08:29:07 PM »

Thanks again, Pug, that helps a lot.  I will likely try one more go-round with the X41's - and double check on that optical cable idea.  I didn't install them, so I'll pass that info on, maybe that will solve the static and volume problems.  I know we're using some kind of HD cable, but that's about all I know.  Color me under a mushroom, in the dark!  I'm willing to give the X41s another shot since I'd much prefer wireless and having the TV use option, in one package.

Btw, my "home theater" in the room that houses my 360 is pretty much the TV, the 360, and "some cables."  I believe I mentioned that I'm no audiophile... that's a bit of an understatement, lmao.  icon_biggrin

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »

I'm moving into a new house where my room will be right next to another, as opposed to alone at one end of the hallway as I am currently. So, i'm in the market for good gaming headphones as well. The thing is, and I don't know if this is unique to me, but the larger headphones tend to make my ears really warm and I get uncomfortable within half an hour. I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD201 headphones for around $50 to use with my DS and I experience this and mostly put up with it because gaming sessions on the DS aren't nearly as long as on PC or console.

Do the headphones you guys have been recommending resolve this issue? Are they lightly than your average headset?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2009, 12:28:11 AM »

Your 201 headphones are closed, which ca
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2009, 05:38:49 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 05, 2009, 12:28:11 AM

Your 201 headphones are closed, which ca

Eh?

Sean Lama
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2009, 06:38:37 PM »

Weird. Don't know what happened there.

Closed headphones will heat you up more than open ones, but closed can be more bearable if the material touching your head is more breathable. You'll also not heat up as much if you go with in-ear headphones, but I find they give you more fatigue over long sessions.

It's going to depend on the individual, of course. If you can, head down to a store where you can try some higher quality open earphones so you can see if you think they'll fix your heat issue.

Personally I've been in love with open ones ever since I first tried them. Less fatigue, better sound. They just won't be quite as good about keeping outside sound out and your sounds in.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 06:40:40 PM by wonderpug » Logged
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2009, 04:21:53 PM »

Hey Pug, what are the cables like on the A40?  I already have a 5.1 sound system, so I'm wondering if the cables connect directly to my 360, or to my sound system, and how.  And how long are they?  My couch is about standard couch-to-tv distance form my tv.  Is everything included or will I need to buy anything else.  I noticed that if you buy them directly from Astro's website, the entire system is $200 which is within my budget rightnow.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on December 11, 2009, 04:21:53 PM

Hey Pug, what are the cables like on the A40?  I already have a 5.1 sound system, so I'm wondering if the cables connect directly to my 360, or to my sound system, and how.  And how long are they?  My couch is about standard couch-to-tv distance form my tv.  Is everything included or will I need to buy anything else.  I noticed that if you buy them directly from Astro's website, the entire system is $200 which is within my budget rightnow.

I think just the headphones are $200, but if you get the system it will still be $250.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2009, 04:48:25 PM »

Correction (because I am borderline retarded):  200 pounds.  Not dollars.  Although I think they're like $250 on amazon.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2009, 06:29:39 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on December 11, 2009, 04:21:53 PM

The A40 System comes with all the cable you could possibly need except for optical. I got a 25' or so long optical cable from monoprice for like $10. I also got three short optical cables and a 3-way switcher. TV, PS3, and 360 optical out to the switcher, long optical around the edge of the room to the Astro Mixamp, then the headset into the Mixamp.

If you want to check the exact lengths of the various included cables, I think they're listed in the manual which is available on their website.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2009, 06:31:56 PM »

Oh, and what kind of audio cables are you currently running from the 360 to your receiver?  Optical or old fashioned red/white?
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2009, 09:54:43 PM »

Optical cable to the receiver.  I'm not sure if my receiver has an digital out, but it probably does.  I would like to not have to hook and unhook the optical from the back of my 360 every time I want to use the headset.  I assume it has coax digital cable in?

Edit:  Coax cable "not included" but I have to assume I've got one lying around the house somewhere.

Double edit:  Although I guess the way it's designed, the amplifier is supposed to sit near me.  Kind of leads to long cables (not included) from near my xbox to my couch and then short cable from the amp to the controller and headset, corect.  That would also make it tough if I want to power it with the USB from the Xbox.  I guess I could use any mini-USB power supply though.

Triple deluxe edit:  What about batteries.  I see that there is an optional battery pack sold separately, but it is currently sold out.  Will it take regular from the store batteries until they get more?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:30:18 PM by IkeVandergraaf » Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2009, 06:02:28 AM »

The Mixamp has inputs for TOSlink optical, plain Jane red/white RCA, mini stereo, and an orange one that looks like an RCA jack but is labelled "coax." Don't know if you'll get the Dolby 5.1 decoding with anything but the TOSlink, though. Not sure. The splitters on Monoprice are reall inexpensive if that solution interests you.

The Mixamp is indeed meant to sit near you since that's where the volume knob is. I bought (also cheap on Monoprice) a USB power plug similar to those you get with iPods so I could plug it in without using any true USB ports and so I could plug it in anywhere.

Fairly certain you can use any old batteries, but I've only been using wall outlet power.

Are you going to be using it for voice chat on a PS3 at all?  There's an adapter you'll need for the microphone cord I can point you to.

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2009, 06:15:08 AM »

FYI, the orange one is a digital coax connection.  The cable is fatter than RCA, but the actual connections are pretty much identical, and that type of connection can do 5.1.  I only know this because my first surround receiver had a limited number of optical inputs, and I had to use digital coax for one connection.  Or my first DVD player didn't have an optical output, I can't remember which.

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2009, 03:01:23 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on December 12, 2009, 06:02:28 AM

Don't know if you'll get the Dolby 5.1 decoding with anything but the TOSlink, though. Not sure. The splitters on Monoprice are reall inexpensive if that solution interests you.

The Mixamp is indeed meant to sit near you since that's where the volume knob is. I bought (also cheap on Monoprice) a USB power plug similar to those you get with iPods so I could plug it in without using any true USB ports and so I could plug it in anywhere.

Fairly certain you can use any old batteries, but I've only been using wall outlet power.

The mixamp can do Dolby Headphone decoding of a Dolby stereo signal like the one it would get from the red and white RCA cables, it's just fudged a little and not as accurate as the 5.1 signal. Sort of like Dolby Pro-Logic being applied to the stereo signal from a TV show.

I did what you did as far as the Mixamp goes. It's plugged in right behind my couch and just sits out of the way on the endtable. I used a USB power plug adapter and just plugged the amp right into a wall outlet, then I ordered a really long optical cable from Monoprice, used an optical switchbox and spare optical cable I already had and just ran two cables out from the 360. One to my receiver and the other to the Mixamp. If I want to use the A40's for some late night Xbox Live I can just flip the switch, plug in the headset, and be on my merry way.

It's a pretty slick setup. The audio quality on the A40's isn't stellar considering the price, but the added features just about make up for the extra cost. It's worth it to me for the convenience. Gaming late at night has been an issue for a while now, and it was nice to finally get it worked out.

Quote from: Chaz on December 12, 2009, 06:15:08 AM

FYI, the orange one is a digital coax connection.  The cable is fatter than RCA, but the actual connections are pretty much identical, and that type of connection can do 5.1.  I only know this because my first surround receiver had a limited number of optical inputs, and I had to use digital coax for one connection.  Or my first DVD player didn't have an optical output, I can't remember which.

Yeah, it's amazing how many people think there's a difference in RCA cables. An RCA cable is an RCA cable is an RCA cable. It doesn't matter if it's color coded orange or not. Hook a DVD player up on it's coax digital out with the red connector of any plain jane stereo audio cable to the coax digital in on a receiver and you'll still get the same digital signal you would have gotten with one that has an orange connector. The only difference between any two sets of cables is how much shielding from interference they may or may not have.

I've had dedicated coax digital cables with the orange connectors with no shielding on them at all. I know I had one like that for a while because it came with my old Sony 5 Disc DVD player.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 03:10:18 PM by Thin_J » Logged

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2009, 07:48:10 PM »

So, ThinJ, in the other Daehawk's thread, you are saying that the sound quality of the A20 isn't that hot.  You also seem to have a certain amount of experience with headphones.  So what, in your opinion, is the best set of gaming headphones for less than, say, $300?  Bonus points for being able to remove the microphone so that I can use them on the subway without looking like a dork.

Gamertag = IkeV
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2009, 08:48:53 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on December 15, 2009, 03:01:23 PM

Yeah, it's amazing how many people think there's a difference in RCA cables. An RCA cable is an RCA cable is an RCA cable. It doesn't matter if it's color coded orange or not. Hook a DVD player up on it's coax digital out with the red connector of any plain jane stereo audio cable to the coax digital in on a receiver and you'll still get the same digital signal you would have gotten with one that has an orange connector. The only difference between any two sets of cables is how much shielding from interference they may or may not have.

I've had dedicated coax digital cables with the orange connectors with no shielding on them at all. I know I had one like that for a while because it came with my old Sony 5 Disc DVD player.

Yes, a RCA cable is a RCA cable, and a coax is a coax.  However, a RCA is not a coax regardless of the connectors on the end of the coax.  Coax does not need shielding because it's designed to cancel out external EM fields without signal degradation.  Put another way it's self shielding by design.  That's why you can have long runs of coax.  Over a short run with little interference, you'll get the same signal, but the cables aren't the same.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2009, 05:55:16 PM »

So I picked the X31s up last night and already have problems.....

No one can hear me chat. They can all hear their own voices being echoed. (Sorry Hark / Otter for last night)

So I contact Turtle Beach today and they are sending out a new chat cable the 1st week in Jan. Great turnaround.
And of course I look at the support forums adn they are rife with complaints.  mad

Game sounds are great though - I can hear more that my TV is able to produce.

Roman

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2009, 11:04:27 PM »

Is that what it was Romy?  (p.s. I'm OtterChaos on XBL)  I use the X4's which are pretty similar I would think and in MW2 they work fine until the batteries get low and then I can't chat with them but I can still hear others chatting, a change of batts and I'm good to go again.  Now in Forza3 I cannot use them for chatting while using the Microsoft wheel, I have to plug in the standard xbox communicator and I've never been able to figure out why.  Perhaps it's time to search the interwebs for solutions.
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2009, 12:52:41 AM »

I run HDMI from my 360 to my receiver, how would the A40's hook up with that since there is no toslink out when using HDMI cables?

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2009, 02:47:14 PM »

My step-brother got a pair of the X31's for Christmas, and didn't have any problems with them. He seemed to really enjoy them, so I decided to head to Best Buy and see if I could pick up a pair with all the gift cards I received for Christmas. Of course, they were sold out.   icon_mad

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2009, 04:27:38 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on December 30, 2009, 02:47:14 PM

My step-brother got a pair of the X31's for Christmas, and didn't have any problems with them. He seemed to really enjoy them, so I decided to head to Best Buy and see if I could pick up a pair with all the gift cards I received for Christmas. Of course, they were sold out.   icon_mad

I got a pair of X31s for Christmas I love them they do burn thru batteries though if you get them I would pick up some rechargeables.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2009, 05:51:26 PM »

Quote from: Rich on December 30, 2009, 12:52:41 AM

I run HDMI from my 360 to my receiver, how would the A40's hook up with that since there is no toslink out when using HDMI cables?

Can you have HDMI to your receiver and optical audio out from receiver to Mixamp?

If you need both HDMI and optical out from the 360, I think you have to either buy the overpriced MS HDMI+optical cable or hack apart an Xbox component cable to get to the sweet, sweet TOSlink innards. Instructions should be easy to find online.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »

Hacking apart the 360 cable is pretty easy.  You just take a smaller flathead screwdriver, jam it into the plastic seam on the plastic plug thing that connects to the console, and twist the hell out of it until it comes apart.  It takes a bit of effort, and you're going to mangle the plastic thing, but it totally works.  I had to do it to get mine hooked up to my PC monitor via HDMI and have RCA audio out to run through the PC speakers.

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2010, 07:21:32 PM »

Was there a final concensus on the X31's?

Best Buy is running a deal where if you pick up Army of Two: 40th day they will knock $40 off the normal $99 sticker price.

I don't run any kind of audio setup downstairs where I play, just my TV and my xbox.

I do however have a wireless network and I've read a LOT about interference with the wireless headset.

Anyone have a solid experience with them? Setup? Etc.?

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2010, 08:02:10 PM »

Nonna - Apart from the faulty chat cable - I am securing it to the headset with an elastic band  Roll Eyes - and they are sending me a new cable in late Jan. They confirmed via email to me that they got a bad batch of cables that do not sit properly in the female connectors.

But having said that - I really really like them. I can hear all sorts of stuff that my TV or surround setup was not able to reproduce. Favela for instance has tons of chatter in the background from cars honking to dogs barking and kids playing - pretty neat. Add to that the ability to play late into the night without bothering anyone and it is a great product.

I also have a wireless setup - in fact my Xbox is also using the wireless adapter - I have zero issues. I have the receiver set to the other side of the fireplace mantle just in case. My wireless router is about 10 feet away and one floor below in the basement - essentially right below the fireplace.

I will say that when I use my headset with the wireless wheel that you just got I have some 'hiss' feedback - not a deal breaker by any means.

+1 on the battery sucking component - there is no way that the batteries last for up to 20hrs of gaming. I may get 8-10hrs if that so I always have an extra set of AAAs charging.

Just like your decision with the wheel you will not be disapointed. Easy setup and very comfy on the melon too.

There are also a ton of threads out there (including a few posts above) that talk about the HDMI cable setup also requiring you to use the AV cable for the audio pass through AND also hacking the cable plug as it blocks the HDMI port. TOTAL BS - I have my Xbox connected via HDMI to the TV and use the 'audio out' jacks on the TV to connect the audio pass through cables to. Assuming of course that your TV has audio out smile

Roman
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:19:56 PM by Roman » Logged

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2010, 09:02:01 PM »

Quote from: Roman on January 12, 2010, 08:02:10 PM

There are also a ton of threads out there (including a few posts above) that talk about the HDMI cable setup also requiring you to use the AV cable for the audio pass through AND also hacking the cable plug as it blocks the HDMI port. TOTAL BS - I have my Xbox connected via HDMI to the TV and use the 'audio out' jacks on the TV to connect the audio pass through cables to. Assuming of course that your TV has audio out

Roman, if you want surround sound out of the Xbox you need to use the optical cable to get it. That's why people have to pop the casing off the component adapter if they are using HDMI.
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2010, 09:38:33 PM »

I thought that the HDMI cable provided both video and audio - and if so I assumed surround audio?

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2010, 09:40:06 PM »

Quote from: Roman on January 12, 2010, 09:38:33 PM

I thought that the HDMI cable provided both video and audio - and if so I assumed surround audio?

The way I'm set up, I have my consoles connected via HDMI, and my receiver connected to the TV directly via optical cable. This provides me surround sound.

Sean Lama
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2010, 09:50:13 PM »

I've heard mixed info on whether the 360 pumps 5.1 out of the HDMI.  I know my TV doesn't output any kind of surround sound just stereo. I don't have any other kind of HDMI receiver in the house to test my 360.

You'd know if you have surround sound in your headphones or not, I suppose. smile
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:54:00 PM by Bob » Logged
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2010, 09:56:44 PM »

Quote from: Bob on January 12, 2010, 09:02:01 PM

Quote from: Roman on January 12, 2010, 08:02:10 PM

There are also a ton of threads out there (including a few posts above) that talk about the HDMI cable setup also requiring you to use the AV cable for the audio pass through AND also hacking the cable plug as it blocks the HDMI port. TOTAL BS - I have my Xbox connected via HDMI to the TV and use the 'audio out' jacks on the TV to connect the audio pass through cables to. Assuming of course that your TV has audio out

Roman, if you want surround sound out of the Xbox you need to use the optical cable to get it. That's why people have to pop the casing off the component adapter if they are using HDMI.

While you certainly can do this, I don't think you absolutely have to. Probably depends on your exact configuration. My 360 goes HDMI into my Denon reciever and then HDMI back out to the TV and I get 5.1 out of it. Same with my PS3.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »

Quote from: Bob on January 12, 2010, 09:50:13 PM

I've heard mixed info on whether the 360 pumps 5.1 out of the HDMI.  I know my TV doesn't output any kind of surround sound just stereo. I don't have any other kind of HDMI receiver in the house to test my 360.

You'd know if you have surround sound in your headphones or not, I suppose. smile

the X31s do not have the surround sound option- that is only on the x41s - they have 7.1 or something crazy like that.

pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2010, 11:21:14 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on January 12, 2010, 07:21:32 PM

Was there a final concensus on the X31's?

Best Buy is running a deal where if you pick up Army of Two: 40th day they will knock $40 off the normal $99 sticker price.

I don't run any kind of audio setup downstairs where I play, just my TV and my xbox.

I do however have a wireless network and I've read a LOT about interference with the wireless headset.

Anyone have a solid experience with them? Setup? Etc.?

I got X31s for christmas I love them especially playing late night MW2 without having the wife telling me to turn the volume down.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2010, 02:09:14 AM »

TRITON AX 720 is awesome
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2010, 05:33:48 AM »

Quote from: Roman on January 12, 2010, 09:59:59 PM

the X31s do not have the surround sound option- that is only on the x41s - they have 7.1 or something crazy like that.

It's about time I renewed my impressions of my X41 headsets... they are fantastic, but for the price, I think they have a ways to go to make them worth that outlay, at least for many folks.  They do have the capability of some crazy-high Dolby number, but I thought I read somewhere that the 360 doesn't even support that level, so that may be moot.

As for the quality of sound though, I love them - best headsets I've ever owned (and I have the X31s also.) The surround sound really sounds like everything is coming from inside your head, and those footsteps in the dry leaves behind you... well, let's say they are very realistic.  Even when you turn your character, the sound adjusts with it - I believe I mentioned that above.  If you are near a stream and it's on your right, you will hear it on your right.  As you turn away from it, the sound travels quite realistically, and when completely turned, the sound is now on your left side.

They still have problems though.  The battery life is bad, maybe even a tad worse than the 31s, though nearby rechargeable batteries help with that issue.  There are occasional crackling noises, but they aren't frequent enough to be much of a bother.  Imo, the biggest problem with them is that they have low volume.  There is more than enough volume playing most games, though Guitar Hero fans might prefer more - and if you happen to watch TV with them while treadmilling, then the highest volume is "okay" - not great, merely okay.

I spent the extra money because it's the only headset I'd found that allows you to use them for either the 360 or the TV for normal TV viewing.  The only problem I've had with wireless interference was solved by always leaving the base unit off before signing into XBL.  Once signed in, there were no further issues, it just took me a while to figure that out.

Bottom line:  IF you can afford them ($180 USD), you want the excellent sound quality, and IF quiet TV viewing is important to you, then these are worth it despite the imperfections.

The X31s are very good and probably provide as much as most people require, and seem to be much louder than the 41s.  The 41s, however, are slightly more comfortable, and can also be used for TV.  The 41s also produce greater volume when the game increases in volume, which is another nice touch.

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Roman

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2010, 01:46:22 PM »

The X31s are very good and probably provide as much as most people require, and seem to be much louder than the 41s.  The 41s, however, are slightly more comfortable, and can also be used for TV.  [/quote]

I can also use my X31s for TV / DVD - I use the audio out ports on my TV. thumbsup

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2010, 07:18:19 PM »

Quote from: Roman on January 13, 2010, 01:46:22 PM

I can also use my X31s for TV / DVD - I use the audio out ports on my TV. thumbsup

Oh, super, thanks! I was wondering what to do with my x31s - I figured I'd put one set with the "downstairs 360" - but wasn't sure what to do with the other one.  Having several TVs and one hearing impaired person, that decision is now lots easier.   nod

I guess that keeping up (or not) with technology is catching up to me now.  Audio out ports, lol - duh!   retard

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2010, 08:58:47 PM »

I use the X-4's for my 360 and an older set of X-2's for TV.  The funny thing is that either headset will work with either receiver so if I wear my X-4's into the living room while the tv is on they will pick up the audio just fine.  I'm not sure what would happen if both receivers were within range of each other (about 20' is max distance I get from either set) but they are far enough apart that it isn't an issue.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2010, 09:34:12 PM »

So any new updates with these? I am thinking about picking up a pair of something for PC/Console gaming. Looks like the X31s are decent along with the Tritton 720s? I have a $50 card for BestBuy and a $100 for Walmart but I don't imagine they carry anything like this.

Also, for the TV viewing: Do you have to disconnect them each time you want to just use the TV speakers? I don't have a receiver or anything just my TV and consoles(PS3/360) hooked up via HDMI directly.

Sorry, I am not an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2010, 06:34:52 PM »

Is there any completely wireless audio solution?

I see the X31s still need you to plug a wire into the 360 controller for voice chat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: