http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 06:31:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PC] State of Decay (formerly Class3)  (Read 8646 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2013, 03:32:09 AM »

Too bad about the PC version, but I expected at least a 5-6 month delay anyway.  Microsoft is publishing, after all.  In the meantime, if you're curious, just get the XBLA version, because it's awesome.  smile

I played for several more hours today (maybe 5?) and didn't lose anybody other than one scripted kill.  I did lose my first car, though.  And I still can't figure out how to get my Workshop to fix my other ones. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2013, 07:39:29 AM »

I may need to break my rule to wait until the pc version and just double dip on this.

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2013, 02:05:51 PM »

Question about the first hour of the game:

Spoiler for Hiden:
is there any way to return to the ranger station and find anyone alive after you first leave to scout out the area?  Or is that a scripted scene?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2013, 02:31:41 PM »

Scripted
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2013, 06:02:28 PM »

Ah, thanks.  I restarted once to see if I could, but ended up not being able to.  Now I know why.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2013, 08:13:22 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 09, 2013, 03:32:09 AM

Too bad about the PC version, but I expected at least a 5-6 month delay anyway.  Microsoft is publishing, after all.  In the meantime, if you're curious, just get the XBLA version, because it's awesome.  smile

I played for several more hours today (maybe 5?) and didn't lose anybody other than one scripted kill.  I did lose my first car, though.  And I still can't figure out how to get my Workshop to fix my other ones. 
Don't even have a workshop, so this may be wrong, but I think the workshop only fixes cars in marked parking spaces..
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2013, 09:42:22 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on June 09, 2013, 08:13:22 PM

Don't even have a workshop, so this may be wrong, but I think the workshop only fixes cars in marked parking spaces..

This is correct

A new one
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »

How do you kick somebody out of your camp?  I've got sick people but I don't know how to get rid of them.  frown

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2013, 03:10:35 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 09, 2013, 09:42:22 PM

Quote from: Punisher on June 09, 2013, 08:13:22 PM

This is correct

Until the patch hits, the workshop also doesn't fix things until the next real world day.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2013, 03:39:29 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 09, 2013, 10:13:33 PM

How do you kick somebody out of your camp?  I've got sick people but I don't know how to get rid of them.  frown

Apparently, when this happens you get a few notifications when you return to the house and then finally get the option to "deal with it".

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2013, 03:40:28 AM »

Oh, and if anybody else is having the trouble with all of their people going "Missing", I guess if you go take care of any infestations (even those in a different town until the patch comes) people will start returning.  I was finally able to get enough people back and move to a new house in Marshall.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2013, 02:12:48 PM »

So yeah...if you call in a scavenger to come get resources, you should probably stick around to defend them.

Goodbye "only other useful character I had in the house".  You will be missed.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2013, 02:18:49 PM »

From another thread:

Quote from: Sirialis
Also, I've noticed alot of people not choosing their skills, in the skills page, you dont just get everything listed there, you have to choose one skill in each tree (as in Offense, Defense, Special etc.) over the other(s) for it to be usable.

I know I'm guilty of not knowing about this.  : )
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2013, 02:24:07 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 10, 2013, 02:18:49 PM

From another thread:

Also, I've noticed alot of people not choosing their skills, in the skills page, you dont just get everything listed there, you have to choose one skill in each tree (as in Offense, Defense, Special etc.) over the other(s) for it to be usable.

Also guilty of not realizing this.    Will check on it when I get home.   I'm fortunate not to have lost anyone yet.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »

From another thread:

huh, gotta go choose some skills I guess.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2013, 03:34:25 PM »

Spent about 20 minutes "Uncle Buck"ing zombies at various houses.  That never gets old...

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2013, 03:40:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 10, 2013, 02:51:39 PM

From another thread:

huh, gotta go choose some skills I guess.

Yeah, I had no idea.  This game is definitely full of obtuse features like that I guess.   icon_confused

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2013, 05:34:09 PM »

Lost my first character the other day while trying to rescue our doctor. That a pretty painful, particularly since he died two seconds after I got within swinging distance of him. Gonna have to scout out a newer location to move to as resources around town are somewhat thin. I don't want to start taking cars out to get stuff.

The outpost thing is a bit of a mystery to me. I get that making an outpost at the gun shop brings in ammo. And I would assume a food store would bring in food, construction materials, etc. But I can also make an outpost out of a house. I haven't tried it yet as I wasn't sure what that would do. Would I get a regular shipment of some sort of item or other? Or would it essentially just make a place to drop things off at.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2013, 06:11:09 PM »

I think an outpost becomes a specific "type" of outpost only if there happen to be rucksack-collectible supplies of that type present.  Once the supplies run out, it turns into a regular outpost.  

Also, some outposts have traps present that I think can kill zombies even while you're away from the outpost.  And I think the outposts help extend your "safeish" zone so your fellow survivors don't die as much out on their own.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2013, 09:00:26 AM »

Patch is out,which is quite quick for Microsoft(don't they usually take a few weeks to review it first?)

anyway,quick out or not,its not working properly
GameInformer

Basically, the issues that were supposed to be addressed by the patch (you can check out the patch notes here), are simply not being addressed. There was some kind of error with the patch, and while some people have been lucky and are reporting that the patch has been successful, the majority are still experiencing problems. Developer Undead Labs has identified the problem, however, and released a statement on the game's official message boards. You can check out part of the statement below.
"First, I want to apologize. This is not acceptable, and you deserve better than this.

Second, we're on the phone with our publisher right now getting everyone mobilized. There's nothing we can do at UL to fix this problem. Once the update has been handed off, the process of getting it to you is something only the Xbox people can handle. So, we're calling in the troops to get going on solving this problem immediately.

Third, although we can't directly fix the problem, you are OUR players, and we'd like you to know we're exploring ways to express our appreciation for your patience.

In the meantime, see "first."

I wanted to let you know what was going on as soon as we had it nailed down. We don't have an ETA on a solution (see "second"). Stay tuned for more information as we get it."

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2013, 11:26:42 AM »

free PC version would be a nice 'we're sorry' present smile

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2013, 11:29:46 AM »

Hah! I would *love* a pc version. Last I heard unfortunately, is that they had one guy converting it, which is why it will take a long time. Imagine the modding that could be done with this one.

A new one
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2013, 01:36:14 PM »

I feel like I bought an early-access beta instead of the full game.   icon_neutral  Well, I had put this on hold in anticipation of this patch; I guess I can just keep holding for the next one. 
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2013, 01:52:11 PM »

Man, with all the positive stuff I've written about this game, I feel kinda bad that they pushed out this bad a patch. Especially when Microsoft takes so long to test the patches. I wonder why, when they don't catch anything after all?

Anyways - The game worked fine before the patch for me at least - 15 hours playtime of pure fun.

A new one
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2013, 08:32:45 PM »

I'm glad to see that I'm not crazy. I downloaded the patch Saturday, started a new game, and have dumped several hours into the new playthrough. I knew the patch was supposed to fix the cars repairing at the games dawn, but it didn't seem like any of the cars were being repaired.

It did seen like I wasn't getting the too many infestations event, but the game started with the two closest homes to the church infested, and that quickly became 4 homes in the starting city. It made the early game brutal, but I was able to clear them out and haven't seen any since.

So far I'm still enjoying it, even with the occasional hiccup.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2013, 08:42:05 PM »

Class 4 still in negotiations with Microsoft

Despite State of Decay's rampant success on Xbox Live, the MMO follow-up, codenamed Class4, isn't a done deal.

"We cannot begin working on Class4 without a greenlight from Microsoft (who owns the IP, as part of the bargain that led to the funding and development of State of Decay) and a mutually agreeable contract," Sanya Weathers, director of community, explained to me.

"We have to agree on where we think the technology is going to be in a few years (since the game will take a few years to develop); we have to agree that we have the same goals; and we have to agree on how we'll collectively run and support the final game.

"Those discussions are still in progress."

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2013, 10:44:51 PM »

looks like I picked the right time to get addicted to other games.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2013, 11:54:48 PM »

Yeah, too bad the MS certification process didn't catch that problem with the first update.   icon_confused

They've stated that they'll re-roll the Update 1 fixes into Title Update 2 (which is also a pretty big list of changes) and hopefully get all of that into certification within 48 hours.  Crossing fingers for next weekend.

Regardless, I did finish my first game on Saturday.  I had to finally just quit trying to do all of the side missions and explore and concentrated on just finishing it.  I didn't have far to go once I did that.

From the sound of it there are a surprising number of things that play out differently if you play through again, but I think I'll wait to replay it until the second update comes out. 

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2013, 11:55:55 PM »

Oh, they also stated that this has sold over 550,000 copies so far, making it the fastest selling original game on XBLA (it can't compare to Minecraft, of course).

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2013, 08:28:16 PM »

I am still playing this, but have decided that I hate the offline "features".. It seems like all penalty and no benefit... Always losing things over time, never gaining anything. I have 4 outpost with different stockpiles and they still diminish... I also don't like the fact that if I don't go out myself, nobody else will scavenge... would be nice to be able to at least tell people in the home to go scavenge...
I will play a little while longer and will move to a new home based on a setup i saw that was decent, but i suspect that I won't really have fun until the PC version comes out and somes mods..
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2013, 06:24:43 AM »

It seems Australia are still suffering,despite their new classification R18+ Saints Row 4 was Refused Classification yesterday with Deep Silver announcing that Violation will remove the offending content(looks like Australia will just have the opening credits then)

today,it's State of Decay's turn
CVG

"I have bad news to share: State of Decay has been refused classification by the Australian Classification Board (ACB). We've run afoul of certain prohibitions regarding the depiction of drug use. We're working with Microsoft to come up with options, including changing names of certain medications in the game to comply with ratings requirements. Whatever our path forward, it's going to take a bit."

Jeff is aware of the frustration of gamers, stating that the team is frustrated too. He goes on to say that "each country has the right set its own rules about content, and it's our responsibility to comply with them. Rest assured we'll do everything we can to find a way to get the game into your hands. Stay tuned."

I would say i bet Australians can't wait for those Region Free next gen machines,but as we know ....State of Decay is a download only game

but at least the devs are trying to find a way around the problem

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2013, 11:18:12 AM »

instead of drugs make it candy.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2013, 01:41:05 PM »

One of these days we'll find out that the Australian ratings board is basically an extortionist ring, taking bribes to allow companies to release R rated games in Australia.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2013, 03:41:37 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 26, 2013, 01:41:05 PM

One of these days we'll find out that the Australian ratings board is basically an extortionist ring, taking bribes to allow companies to release R rated games in Australia.

paranoid

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2013, 11:32:47 AM »

the second title update is now out that fixes the first title update

the third title update that fixes the problems because of this second title update will be out next month*

EG

Title update #2 fixes
-Fixed story getting blocked if you refuse Quentin's request to talk to the sheriff.
-Fixed character getting stuck in passenger seat if hit by a zombie right when you enter the vehicle.
-Corrected displayed weapon type for Hockey Stick.
-It is no longer possible to establish an Outpost or relocate your Home while on a mission.
-Enabled V-sync to eliminate screen tearing.
-Find Missing Survivor mission opportunity timeouts increased from 30 to 60 minutes.
-All mission opportunity timeouts pause while not playing.
-Fixed Leaderboard crashing for profiles with a large number of friends on the SoD Leaderboards.
-Fixed incorrect camera angle in final mission.
-Reduced frequency of "I brought you a pony..." line.
-Fixed rucksacks falling through floor and being unrecoverable. Rucksacks are now moved to an easily accessible location within the same building.
-You can now manufacture homemade painkillers in the Medical Lab.
-Stockpiles that are over the maximum storage provided by your current Facilities (the "cap") will no longer drain while you are not playing. Instead, Stockpiles that exceed the cap will drain every five minutes of play at the following rate: 2 if you're 100% over, 1.5 if you're 50% over, and 1 if you're 15% over.
-Improved awareness of Stockpiles that are over the cap. The Assets page now displays both the current amount and cap for each Stockpile. Stockpile amounts that are over the cap will be displayed in yellow, both in the Assets page and the Home Status panel.
-Influence in excess of Fame no longer drains while you are not playing. Influence in excess of Fame drains for every five minutes of play at the following rate: 2 if you're 100% over, 1.5 if you're 50% over, and 1 if you're 15% over.
-The rate at which Stockpiles are consumed no longer factors in the number of missions played during the current day. It was causing --Stockpile consumption to be too high.
-Fixed a bug that caused some characters to be given 100 ammo.
-The "Too many infestations!" to-do item is now properly cleared if you relocate your Home to a site with fewer than two infestations within 500m.
-Fixed several areas on the map where the player can get stuck.
-Fixed several pockets of deep water.
-Fixed a bug that could cause unexpectedly large numbers of zombies to spawn near the Mt. Tanner cabins.
-Fixed a bug that caused games with large communities to fail to load.
-Fixed a bug that allowed players to get stuck in the abandoned farm house north of Marshall.
-Removed several sections of fencing around warehouse near fairgrounds to improve navigation for missions in the area.
-Made it easier to navigate fairgrounds in vehicles.
-Adjusted draw distance of dynamically generated vehicles to match pre-placed vehicles.
-Fixed a bug that caused character to become stuck in a falling state when dropping from a ladder into a group of zombies.
-Fixed a bug that prevented weapon durability from being reduced by certain combat moves.
-Made it easier to execute "Double Kill" move.
-Fixed a bug that caused a Feral zombie to react incorrectly if you dodged while he was leaping.
-Fixed a bug that briefly displayed debug text in the main menu after selecting a storage device.
-Made major adjustments to Facility action times to make Facilities more useful during the current play session:
-Globally changed Want delays from 1 real-time day to 4 real-time hours.
-Duration of Fitness Regimen, Combat Training, Big Meal, Feast, and Firearms Practice changed from 3 real-time days to 2 game-time hours (where "game time" means time playing the game, not counting time that elapses while you are paused or logged out) so you get the full benefit of the bonus while you are actually playing the game.
-Cooldown on Big Meal and Feast changed from 22 real-time hours to 3 game-time hours. This means your community is "full" for 1 game-time hour after the effects of Big Meal and Feast wear off before the Facility actions can be used again.
-Trade Opportunity action time changed from 1 real-time day to 90 real-time minutes.
-Train Outsiders action time changed from 1 real-time day to 90 real-time minutes.
-Preservation Attempt action time changed from 3 real-time days to 90 real-time minutes.
-Create Biodiesel action time changed from 3 real-time days to 90 real-time minutes.
-All Library research actions changed from 2 real-time days to 4 real-time hours.
-You now receive a Stockpile bonus upon claiming a new Home site. Each site comes with a specific number of Stockpiles, based on the size and number of Facility sockets in the site.
-Fixed a pathing bug that caused zombies to get stuck in the floor during a "Besieged" mission.
-Added a "Stick Sensitivity" option.
-The game will now repair saves affected by a bug fixed in TU1 that could cause Lily to be killed by the simulation.
-Characters selected for Mercy Shot mission can no longer recover from their injuries.
-Mercy Shot missions can no longer select playable characters.
-Moved "Horde Alerted!" banner higher on the screen and reduced size to avoid interfering with driving.
-If you move your Home site when a Trade Opportunity mission opportunity is active, the mission opportunity now relocates to the new Home site.
-Lily no longer reminds you to come to the final mission site. It was annoying during sandbox play after winning final mission.
-Edged weapons are now effective against Feral zombies.
-Fixed bug relating to Juggernaut reactions to incendiaries.
-Fixed a bug that notified you of simulation events affecting NPCs that are not in your community.
-Searching for Stockpiles with the radio is now more reliable.
-Fixed bug causing stimulants to have permanent effect. Stimulants such as coffee and energy drinks now properly wear off over time.
-Improved music track selection logic.
Title update #1 fixes
-Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
-Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
-Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
-NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer's Mill.
-The "Too many infestations!" event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
-The "Too many infestations" to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
-You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
-Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
-Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
-NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer's Mill when called to gather supplies.
-You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
-Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
-NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
-Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
-Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson's farmhouse.
-Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
-Fixed various translations bugs.

*not really,or at least i hope not

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2013, 03:33:50 PM »

w00t!  the patch patch!

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2013, 03:48:27 PM »

Yay!  I intended to do a second play through after this patch hit, but I've been spending so much of my free time time with Animal Crossing I don't know if I can. 

For anyone who hasn't started playing yet, you have no reason not to now.  It's an awesome game!

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2013, 03:30:15 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 28, 2013, 11:32:47 AM

the third title update that fixes the problems because of this second title update will be out next month*

*not really,or at least i hope not

huh
360a.org

Having issued a second patch to deal with issues created by the first patch for State of Decay, Undead Labs is yet again on damage control as the latest update is apparently now freezing some player's Xbox 360 consoles, prompting the developer to call upon the community to send in their save files. The issue is apparently affecting very "few people."

"If you have had a game that stays frozen, or has an eternal load screen, read on," Undead Labs tweeted in a call to State of Decay players for help in pinpointing the issue. It's happening to so few people that we can't get a solid read on what's going on." The dev put out another shout out to players, asking "If you have either issue and know how to extract a save file to send us, please, PLEASE let me know. We need you!"

On its forums, Undead Labs goes into more detail on the matter, stating "It could be hardware failure inside the Xbox, it could be the power supply is failing, it could be a bad sector on the hard drive (uninstalling and reinstalling wouldn’t fix that, as it would install back to the same place), it could be things are overheating inside (putting your hand on the Xbox cannot always tell you if something is overheating inside)."

It appears that Undead Labs is doing its best to fix the issue. “Now, that said, I’m not automatically blaming this on hardware failure. To find what is causing this, we need to find the common element. I’ve been reading this post, pulling my hair out and contacting MS. I would recommend you do the same in addition to helping me out with information on what console your running on. If this is something we can fix, we would love to.”

Undead Labs is after "the exact model number and manufacturing date of your Xbox. How much space remaining on your hard drive and internal memory unit." If you're having freezing issues with State of Decay having applied update 2, get in touch with the developer on its forums.

So,maybe a patch next month then Tongue

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2013, 04:51:21 PM »

My momentum on this game is completely dead.  It's done decaying.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2013, 06:06:40 PM »

ditto.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: