http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 01:38:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Blue Dragon demo up!  (Read 4447 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2007, 12:04:14 PM »

Are you playing on hard mode?

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2007, 03:05:44 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on July 14, 2007, 05:56:41 PM

nard?

LOL icon_lol

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2007, 03:29:35 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on July 15, 2007, 12:04:14 PM

Are you playing on hard mode?

i'm not actually,and i dont think i ever will

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2007, 11:38:44 PM »

back about a year ago i was incredibly excited for this game.  this, mass effect and lost odyssey were three of the top reasons i picked up a 360.  i couldnt wait for summer.  and as summer quickly approached i found my interest waning.  for no reason whatsoever - and thenit was delayed (or never officially announced or something - i was originally anticipating it june-ish) and i realized i didnt care.

so the demo finally comes out and i was barely excited - i played it and im still not.  like i said i have no clue what happened but somewhere along the line this game just lost me - after about 20 minutes with the demo i realized i was gone for good which is too bad because i want turn based games to make it in the next gen and figured this would be a purchase if only to support them.  oh well frown

*as a side note over the past 6 months or so ive been doing a backtrack of some of the greatest ps2 turnbased rpgs so that has probably made me a little less enthused about ones that just seem... boring*
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2007, 07:24:15 PM »

Has anyone played the demo on a standard-definition TV? Some people at GameFAQs are saying that the text is too small, but others say it is just fine.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2007, 07:28:51 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on July 16, 2007, 07:24:15 PM

Has anyone played the demo on a standard-definition TV? Some people at GameFAQs are saying that the text is too small, but others say it is just fine.
I've only gone through the tutorials, but I didn't have any problem reading anything on my SDTV. 
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2007, 05:54:02 PM »

I finally had some time to try the demo last night and to my surprise I found that I really didn't like it at all. Two things really stood out for me: battles unfold extremely slowly and the field maps and dungeons are just lifeless and uninteresting. Battle speed is my biggest concern, though. One of the things I really liked about DQVIII was, even though there was a lot of random encounters, they moved so quickly. With Blue Dragon, you have to input the command, do that strength thing, and then watch this extended animation where the character winds up before delivering the attack. Spell animations take forever, too.

I tried both the Forest Ruins and the other dungeon (spaceship, I guess?) and the environments look okay at first blush but after a while they get boring. Enemies stand around doing nothing and there isn't much in the way of detail for the environments. I dunno, I can't put my finger on why it didn't do anything for me. I just had no real desire to explore through the area.

I know it's hard to judge an RPG from a demo, but I'm a lot less excited about the game now than I was before I played it. I still pick it up if it gets good reviews and if the story sounds interesting.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2007, 07:42:31 PM »

I was also a litle dissapointed in the demo, but I'm still planning to buy it. I think it is hard to get into an RPG demo in random dungeons when you don't know about or care about the storyline...
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2007, 07:35:52 AM »

Watched Moriarty get through the forest tonight.  For the snake, there are accessories (not sure if you start with them or not) you can put on all the characters that stops you from getting petrified.  Then it was a matter of surviving until being able to hit it with corporeal.  The tree was much the same way, but without the stoning.

Of course she is also a huge JRPG player and a final fantasy player in particular. 

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: