http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 07:23:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Silent Storm Gold' Available...Where?  (Read 1579 times)
Autistic Angel
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2005, 06:45:21 PM »

Does anyone know of any brick & mortar stores which are carrying Silent Storm Gold?  Electronics Boutique and GameStop both seem to disavow any knowledge of this package, and although my local EB had copies of Spellforce Gold, Gothic II Gold, and The Guild Gold on the shelves, but nothing for Silent Storm.

Does anyone have any tips on where I could pick up this package?

-Autistic Angel
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 07:26:12 PM »

Try CompUSA, I don't know why, but they seemed to get stocked with these more than the usual stores.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 12:17:13 AM »

EBs should definitely have copies of Silent Storm Gold.  I know this because my store got them, I bought one, and all the other stores in my district also have them.  If you want, I can get you the sku to have your store look it up for you.  smile

SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 12:30:05 AM »

You can probably sweet talk me out of mine if you can't find it.

Just Hiro will do.
Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 03:18:44 PM »

Silly question, what is silent storm gold?

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 03:57:06 PM »

What does it add beyond the original game?

xbox live: nude rick james
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 04:04:38 PM »

It adds the expansion pack:
Silent Storm Sentinels Add-on
The war has left many scars. A lot of people who have been dragged into fighting as green rookies now cannot imagine a quiet and peaceful life.

These people come together to form groups and organisations performing "special services" for governments and private individuals alike.

At the same time, not everybody who craved for limitless power have abandoned their plans. Now they're waiting and accumulating resources, to try change history again and decide the fate of humanity...

In “Sentinels” veterans of the WW2 special operations units introduced in the original Silent Storm game come together to form a secret organization called the Sentinels.

Their objective is to keep the post-war world peaceful, balanced and safe. All of them have encountered a terrorist organisation called Thor's Hammer during the war, which has tried to put the whole world under their control.

The immediate reason to form the Sentinels was information suggesting that Thor's Hammer is still very much around, and pursues the same agenda.
Veloxi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 04:04:41 AM »

I saw Silent Storm Gold at CompUSA this very evening. I got mine at a local Indie PC game store called Interact in Pasadena, which kicks ass.

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 11:53:40 AM »

I saw it yesterday at Media Play...which is also going out of business and has all video games at 20% off.  They also had The Guild gold but no Gothic 2 gold.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »

I'm going to try Electronics Boutique again today, but yesterday I checked out the closest CompUSA and GameStop and came up with nothing.

Thanks for the tips, everyone!

-Autistic Angel
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 12:03:41 AM »

EB had one copy left when I called, so I was able to get them to hold it for me until I arrived.

Thanks again for the advice!   Cool

-Autistic Angel
Skullguise
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 01:33:52 AM »

I got mine at CompUSA on release day.

Atragon - this is for you -

http://www.nival.com/silentstorm/

http://www.strategycore.co.uk/ss/

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/557924.asp?q=silent%20storm

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/919255.asp?q=silent%20storm

Silent Storm never got enough attention here in the US. If you ever played Jagged Alliance or Xcom and liked them. Well this is the game you need to go buy. Just ignore the powersuits Tongue

Also check this out http://www.nival.com/hs/  It just came out as well. Silent Storm meets RPG minus the godawful powersuits.
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 06:55:37 PM »

I picked this up (alongside Gothic 2 Gold) in the local Circuit City in Anderson, SC yesterday. They had at least a couple of copies of each, and I'm fairly certain they had Europa Gold and Spellforce Platinum as well (the whole line of re-releases, I think).

Best Buy didn't have anything other than the Spellforce pack last time I checked. EB didn't have it in, and according to the online inventory, no local Gamestops did, either.

Based on my experience, I'd say if you're still trying to find this in B&M, Circuit City might be your best bet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: