http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 03:06:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Please pirate our games. Thanks. With Love, EA CEO"  (Read 2714 times)
Huw the Poo
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2009, 10:42:15 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 30, 2009, 12:45:26 AM

Quote from: Razgon on June 29, 2009, 05:58:23 AM

do you know anyone still on dialup?

yeah Huw is on Dial-up for a week,LOL......*clears throat*...sorry Huw icon_confused

Damn you!  I was just browsing and had to log in to respond to that, which took a good few minutes.  Broadband confirmed for next Wednesday and it can't come soon enough. frown

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2009, 01:05:17 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on July 01, 2009, 09:37:39 AM

Quote from: Canuck on July 01, 2009, 09:13:07 AM

This almost makes sense-except when you consider the quotation of the 4th post where it is stated that a 3GB update was needed to be installed in order to play.
Have you asked any of those of us who play Sims 3 if we had to download that update? I didn't. What's going on here is probably a form of copy protection used for review copies of the game. By making them jump through this hoop, you complicate any leaking to the warez scene, hopefully delaying a pirated release enough that the legal version gets out first.

But it's not a required update methinks - you just lose out on the second town, the Sims store, and a whole ton of items from said store. So, required enough, otherwise you're missing out on a lot of possible gameplay.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2009, 01:08:39 PM »

The second town was a 70 MB download. Not 3 GB. Unless the person who wrote the quote likes to exaggerate enough to ruin their own arguments, the reviewer version of the game was different.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 02:30:35 PM »

Yeah, there was no 3 gig download for me re: The Sims 3. I got the second town and the car that came with the CE.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 08:31:45 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on July 01, 2009, 01:08:39 PM

The second town was a 70 MB download. Not 3 GB. Unless the person who wrote the quote likes to exaggerate enough to ruin their own arguments, the reviewer version of the game was different.

Well, not owning the game and all, I figured the guy who reviewed the game via that link knew he was talking about. Or that he had some special reviewer version of the game. Actually, the 'reviewer version' makes some sense, as those have the best chance of becoming a pirated copy (unless the company puts unique codes inside each reviewer copy that's let out).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2009, 08:38:45 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on July 01, 2009, 08:31:45 PM

Actually, the 'reviewer version' makes some sense, as those have the best chance of becoming a pirated copy (unless the company puts unique codes inside each reviewer copy that's let out).

They do use codes, but as a recent controversy on QT3 showed, that doesn't always mean that the copy can be tracked so clearly.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: